Alpha Daniel | astera22

By astera22

"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be scre... More

Alpha Daniel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Preview
Chapter 9 (R)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Preview
Chapter 17 (R)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Alpha Alexander Reveal
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - R Scene Preview
Chapter 21 (R Scene)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 12

460K 13.1K 3.3K
By astera22

"Alright? I haven't killed a single soul for the whole month. Happy?"

I stare at him in disbelief. Even in my own pack, someone managed to lose their life at least once a month. It's the werewolf laws, and they're strict. We don't show mercy. But this shocked me completely. Daniel - the cold blooded psychopath - doesn't actually kill people on the daily? It was very hard to comprehend.

"I don't believe you." I fold my arms.

"I don't believe that you're a virgin then." He folds his own. "How does it feel to be lied to your whole life about someone who isn't like that at all?"

"Hold on." I point my index finger at him. "Firstly, you are like that. Sure, maybe there's less victims than I thought but your personality is pretty similar as described. Secondly, it doesn't change my opinion of you because you're still a fuckboy who thinks they've got it all. That doesn't impress me."

He grabs onto the hand I held out and he pulls me closer to him. "I'm not a fuckboy." He muses, his head close to mine.

"The blonde." I remind him.

He rolls his eyes letting go of me. "She's a girl I've been banging for a while, nothing else. She was in my room for the usual but I wanted her to leave."

"Yet she was still naked in your room and you were on the bed wearing only a pair of boxers." I retort.

"I sleep like that. And she just showed up and ignored me when I told her no. Then she left my room and I thought she was finally getting the idea but she just comes back with a bottle of champagne." He mumbles.

His story sounded believable but I wasn't sure if I should accept his scenario as the truth. I'm certain of the fact he was good with his words so is not someone I should be listening to.

"I'm trying to be good to you, Rem. I know that maybe we both don't want to be tied to one another by a mate bond, but we've got to work with what we have."

So Daniel didn't want this either? Despite my feelings - or shall I say, lack of - it made a small wound in me and hurt a little.
We hear the door open very quickly and abruptly as both of our heads turn to it.

"Have you ever heard of knocking, Jason? This time you're safe but we could have been naked and on top of each-"

I elbow Daniel hard in the rib to shut him up. At the same time Jason cuts him off, looking composed but alarmed.

"Lorenzo is here."

That simple, three word sentence is enough to have a huge impact on Daniel. The fun side of him that I just got to meet was long gone and he stands up, as the angry and ruthless Alpha I originally saw him as.

Welcome back.

It made me very curious to know who this Lorenzo actually is. Whoever he was, he made my mate tense like never before and I was scared for him. Whatever did he do to get on Daniel's bad side? I don't think I even want to know.

"Stay here, Remi. Don't leave the room." He orders with a tone I despised.
Who am I for him to tell me what to do?

He doesn't leave time for arguments though as he disappears from my sight along with Jason and a door is shut, practically in my face.

*Alice's POV*

I heard Remi go to Daniel's bedroom light footed. It was disappointing how she didn't run, happy to go and see her mate but this was my oldest brother we are talking about; nobody is extremely happy to be seeing him, ever.

I sigh, leaving my room and walking downstairs. I wanted to pour myself a glass of wine to deal with minor stress. It's a part of my weekly routine that I enjoyed. I kept telling myself that Remi will get a dose of whatever is supposed to keep her off heat and she'll be okay.

I sit down on the sofa, sipping on the alcohol and I notice Jason in the same room.

"How long has this Joanna woman been up there?" I ask.

"A while." Jason shrugs.

"What's she been doing with Daniel so long? I wouldn't be surprised if he seduced her into his bed." I roll my eyes.

"Daniel is getting a little procedure." Answers Jason. It draws my attention because clearly he knows something my brother didn't tell me about.

"What? Getting his dick chopped off? I'm all for that idea."

Jason chuckles at my response.

"He's getting some sort of injection too. He wants to make sure he can control himself around her." He explains.

"No way..." My jaw drops. "He did that for her?"

Jason nods and I just sit there frowning with confusion, one leg over the other with my wine glass. I just can't believe Daniel would care enough to do that, I mean, he can't live without one night stands and here he is, trying to stop himself around his mate.

I was impressed to say the least.

We hear someone go down the stairs and I peek out to find it's the doctor. So it's over now. She did it.

"I'll walk you out, doctor." I call out, springing up from my seat.

"Thank you." She tries a smile and continues walking to the door with me by her side.

"Everything went well?" I ask her.

"Yes. Both of them should be fine soon." She nods at me.

"Well thank you for coming." I say and open the door for her. She mumbles a 'goodbye' and runs off. I assume she just wants to go home as soon as possible since it's already late. She's not someone I enjoyed the company of anyway.

As her car pulls out of our driveway, another pulls in. It catches my attention. It's not one I've seen before so I wait to see who the driver will be. I'm stunned as the person that gets out of the black Mercedes is no other than Lorenzo.

Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
No... I definitely remember the short-ish black hair and leather jacket he always wore.

"Alice." He smiles at me. A smile that wasn't genuine, or pleasant to see. It was more of a smirk. I guess since Daniel had it, he had to inherit it too. It was a blood trait. Thank God it missed me out of the family tree.

"What are you doing here, brother?" I lean against the door frame, watching him come closer to me.

"Visiting my family, is that illegal?" He asks me, waiting for me to let him in and move away from the door.

"Well, Daniel won't be happy." I warn him. In fact, Daniel will be furious.

"Ah, Daniel... How is my brother? Missed him very much, almost as much as I missed my sister." He shows me his white teeth in a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, nice to see you too." I mumble, still guarding the enterance of the house. "Where were you for all these years?"

"You make it sound as if I've been away for a decade. It's only been a couple." He cocks his head to the side. "May I step foot into my home please?"

I press my lips together, moving out the way for him to enter. It was something that will risk my life because Daniel will have me lynched.

He smiles to himself more as he walks into the house and roams in the hallway as I'm left to shut the door.

"Just as I remember it!" He throws his hands in the air, walking around happily. I knew this was all an act of sarcasm.

He turns right into the living room, where Jason is already standing with an unfriendly look. I follow to join them.

"How's my favourite Beta doing?" Lorenzo asks, grinning like an idiot.

"Better than you are. Look at yourself, you're getting old." Answers back Jason.

Those two didn't like each other very much. Nobody liked Lorenzo very much. Same goes for Daniel to be honest.

Both of my brothers aren't very likeable.

I always thought that the real reason as to why Enzo hated Jason was because Daniel chose him for his Beta and not his own brother. Thinking about it now, Daniel's role as an Alpha triggered all of the conflict between everyone in the family. Enzo wasn't lucky enough to be the older boy born in the family so could only hope for the role of a Beta. Either that or Daniel's death.

He didn't get any of those so we're left with one hurt and angry sibling, waiting for revenge.

You've got to love family...

"Alright, boys. Don't jump to each other's throats like the untamed dogs you are." I clap my hands together. "I'm looking at you, Lorenzo."

"So, where's Daniel? I want to see my favourite brother." He looks around, as if he can find him in a house so big just by turning his head.

"Your only brother here..." I correct him. "Who will slit your throat before you can even get a chance to say 'hello' after all this time."

"Want me to go and get him? I like the sound of that." Chimes in Jason.

"Yes." Agrees Enzo at the same time as I say 'no', firmly. It wasn't the best time and I didn't want to bring Remi into the family drama.

"We're not pulling Remington into this." I disapprove, directing this at Jason to which Lorenzo takes an interest in.

"Remington? Who's that? I've missed something..." He wonders.

"Yeah, you don't even get to take a look at her. Stay away." I warn him.

"Her name has a nice ring to it. I like it."

"Too bad she's already taken. Does Daniel and Remington have a 'nice ring to it', Enzo?" Teases Jason. This is a facepalm moment.

Lorenzo looks surprised for a second. Then the usual smirk takes over his face.

"Are you trying to tell me that Daniel, my brother Daniel, has found his mate?" He almost gasps.

I massage my temples and pick up my wine glass, taking a big gulp of it down my throat. I was already beginning to get a pounding headache from Enzo's aura I was priviledged to be around.

Time for me to get Daniel, I just know what Jason's look on his face means before he even says anything. I nod at him in approval. Enzo occupies himself by looking at some picture frames by the fireplace as Jason goes upstairs and meanwhile I finish my wine.

I'll probably need a refill too because this is going to be a long night, and it's not going to be pretty.

♡ ♡ ♡
Little rant time!
Does anyone else have a bad eyelash extension experience every single time?

I'm not talking about the actual extensions - those in fact are heaven on earth and the best human invention - but the lash ladies.
All of the ones I've been to just don't seem to understand what style of lashes I want.
And I know exactly what I want because I know what does and doesn't look good on me so it is rather important, you see.

I'm just so tired of opening my eyes after 3 long hours of laying with them closed only to find out that my lashes are once again a disappointment because they're too long/short/thin AND I have to pay a lot of money for something I feel like crying about.

Anyway, hope you liked this update.
Comment, vote, follow my lovelies!
-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 96 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
17.3K 577 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...
18.2K 695 54
Olivia jane Alexander the girl i didn't liked much but everything changed in a blink of an eyes. I don't know when, why and how everything happened...
2.9M 99.1K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...