The Hope of an Elemental Nymp...

By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

I was always told that I was meant to do great things when the time came. I was taught things that I thought... More

The Hope of an Elemental Nymph (LOTR Fanfic)
Somewhat of an Important Note *Please read
History of the Elemental Nymph's
Chapter One: Unpleasant Dreams
Chapter Two: The Cabin
Chapter Four: New Worlds and Healing the Wounded Hobbit
Chapter Five: The Man and the Broken Blade
Chapter six: Confessions and the Council for the One Ring
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven: Farewells and Crebain from Dunland
Chapter Eight: The pass of Caradhras
Author's Note

Chapter Three: Princesses and Black Holes

1K 58 23
By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

unedited

ENJOY

------------

CHAPTER Three: Princesses and Black Holes

I have never been much of a person for drama, the kind of drama you see or hear about in books, the you're not my really son or i never loved you it was always him. I was always turning the other way just to avoid causing it.

Yet, there i was.

Standing in the middle of a clearing in a forest. Starting drama with my guardians.

All about me being a princess.

I am a princess of a race that doesn't even exist.

Shouldn’t exist.

Wrapping my hands securing around the warm mug filled with creamy hot chocolate, i watch the liquid swirl around in the cup, the steam rising from the top of the mug and warming up my face with its feather like touches.

A princesses duty is to be there for her people. Yet here i was, hypothetically in another world while they suffer for the loss of our kin.

The sound of a throat being cleared brought me out of my thoughts.

i look up to my two guardians who were sitting across from me, obviously waiting to see how i would react. Ready to detain me if it seems fit to do so.

Sighing i press both palms of my hand to my cheek dragging them down slowly.

A princess. They really think that me, a girl who has no friends or authority towards other people seriously can be a leader of a Elemental Nymph race. A race that is probably made up with their imaginations.

I look into both of their eyes seeing the truth settled within them, telling me to listen to them and hear what they have to say about the topic.

They could be crazy, and had made everything up, the thought passes through my head almost too easily. Making me wonder if i would really give up on them for one thing that they have said to me. I'd have to be the crazy one under those circumstances in order to label them with the crazy title so soon.  

I couldn't deny the fact that i was really curious as to what the reason or reasons were that brought this up, whether or not it's real. Shouldn't it be the younger children who were always believing in the mythical worlds and old legends that were mostly made up and changed over the years.

"You think I'm a princess." I say bluntly, watching my two guardians share a glance with one another making everything almost comical.

"We don't think, Delilmalia, we know from experience, but you were just a little girl when it all happened and was made to forget everything about the past until its time for you to return to fight. The great even rising in Middle-Earth." Melona said softly, but it was strained. Almost as if she was trying hard not to yell, expecting me to know everything so that they don't have to explain.

"Why me? what's so special about me?" I blurt out still slightly disbelieving.

"There doesn't need to be a reason why you are special, Delilmalia. You were conceived by a queen, and so you are a princess of a dying race. If you want to know why you are special you must find out yourself." Melona says making me stare at her blankly.

Why must she be so... difficult. I think to myself, my curiosity growing to know more about my parents, about the side of me i never knew.

"Tell me everything, i want to know everything."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Our race, the Elemental Nymph race were the created by the White witches as you already know. Although what you didn't know was that when our kind was created the last remaining White Witches and the Nymphs worked together to find a way into another world. The world was meant to be a safe haven if the Elemental Nymphs were in trouble, and needed safety." Melona began, staring straight at the wall behind me. "The world was kept hidden thousands of years until it was needed. It was needed for you to go into hiding. When your kingdom was attacked you were only a mere child, hardly able hold a sword, therefore unable to fight. When your parents saw their foreseeable doom, they made Carvis and i, who were and still are your protectors, go with you to this world to keep you safe. It was said that the portal will open when a great evil is once again rising in Middle-Earth and only a royal Nymph can help  in the quest to save Middle-Earth."  

"So you're telling me that I will be going back to Middle-Earth to fight some evil that is rising."

"The time is coming for you to go back home."

"How can i know that you are telling me the truth."

"What does your heart tell you?"

"It's telling me that i truly am not home."

"You will be home soon, Delilmalia."

"I'm scared."

"You do not need to fear, Carvis and I will escort you to Rivendell, a city that bares a race who are fond of your kind."

"When does the portal open?"

"Tomorrow."

"When were you planning on telling me that were from a different realm altogether?" I question, stirring the bowl of steaming porridge. 

"We were going to tell you today since the portal shouldn't have been opening today, but in a week." Carvis explains as if i should know what he was talking about.

"How could you tell when it should open?" I ask curiously.

"Melona has the necklace that  has way on talking to her, telling her when the date is but it changes all of the time." He explains to me making me nod and think back to when i have seen Melona playing with a necklace but i was never able to hold it. She would never let me touch it saying that it was special and very important to her. I never bothered her about it because i knew if she'd had want me to touch and see it then i would have already.

"How do you know that i will be able to help?" I ask dumbly eating a spoonful of food , not really caring for an answer since they had already vaguely talked to me about it.

"You are skilled in fighting and archery, then when we get through the portal you will change. You will get pointed ears, you will feel lighter, more angelic. Your senses will be heightened. I'm sure that while we are passing through you will gain your memories back, remembering everything that was taught to you. You will remember your gifts and be able to use the-"

"So basically its going to be a whole knew me." I interrupt already seeing where this was going, since i remember the history of our people being descendents of both Elves and Witches.

"Exactly." Carvis agreed making me laugh slightly.

 -:-:-:-:-:-

"You're sure that this is all that i will need?" I ask while tightening the straps on the old looking backpack, but the leather bag was strong and durable.

"Yes, i'm sure, do you not trust me?" Carvis teases making me roll my eyes at him, ignoring his comment.

"So where will this portal open?" I inquire out loud just as Melona walks into the living room wearing a dress that looked like one that you'd wear in the days when you only had horses and boats for transportation. I guess that is what the whole terrain is going to be like in Middle-Earth.

"In the clearing that you trained most often in." Melona answered making me nod in confirmation. 

"Are we leaving now?" I ask when i notice Carvis and Melona picking up their stuff that they are bringing with them.

"Are you going to wear that?" Melona asks looking at my outfit that Carvis gave me. I was a tan pair of trousers that had my belt wrapped around it with both my dagger and sword in it and a dark brown shirt that was really big on me.

"Yeah what's wrong with it? You aren't going to force me to wear a dress are you?" I mutter looking at the dress in her hand in disgust, clearing making my hatred for the piece of cloth quite clear.

"No i was just wondering." She said making me sigh in relief.

"Let's go." Carvis said opening the backdoor, taking the lead as Melona follows and i trail behind, not ready to face my fate yet.

"Won't people know that were missing?" I ask as we got to the edge of the forest.

"No, once we cross into the portal it will be like we never existed here. All money we have here will be with us but in the currency in Middle-Earth." Carvis explains holding a branch back so it doesn't hit us as we walk by.

"That makes sense." I mumble amused. Clearly they have thought of pretty much everything in order to for us to travel between realms.

I just really hope that they aren't crazy, i think to myself, carefully maneuvering in between trees.

I ran into the back of Carvis making a soft gasp escape my lips.

"Careful." He murmured gently gripping my arm bringing me in front of him as we gather around the familiar looking clearing.

Noticing my bow and quiver leaning against the same tree that i left them at earlier, i quickly grab them hoping that they could be of some use.

Nervousness began blooming in the in the pit of my stomach making me fiddle with my fingers anxiously trying to get my mind of what was going on.

"Will it hurt?" I mumble, my voice giving away none of my nervousness that i felt.

Carvis laughed wholeheartedly wrapping his arm around my shoulder giving me some comfort.

"Nah, from what i can remember, you just feel a slight tickling and then see nothing." He says furrowing his eyebrows thinking.

"Oh alri-" I began but was cut of by Melona. "Its time." she exclaimed making my eyes widened.

Please don't be crazy, please don't be crazy, i think closing my eyes when the wind starts to pick up.

My heart started beating faster as my hair whipped around being pushed by the wind. Loud rustling from the trees around made me clench my fists. A whaling like whistling began making me cover my ears as the painful sound continued.

Using my hands to block some of the wind, i open my eyes, narrowing them into a squint in order to see.

What i saw was insane.

A giant black pit began forming on the ground, opening up and spinning like a vortex within.

A scream built up in my throat but before it could be released Carvis grabbed both Melona's and i's hand dragging us with him as he jumped.

The scream fought its way out of my throat sounding like a mere whisper in the raging wind.

Darkness developed me quickly, making me wish that i could see the light once again.

---------------

Hey my little cupcakes,

I'm sorry everyone for not updating as fast as i would have liked. Exams came and went leaving me busy and the new semester of school started leaving me exhausted.

by the way for those who noticed... I deleted the sneak peak for chapter one since i started the story and i don't really need it on there anymore.

so i hoped you enjoyed this chapter, so please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

***I have also have two questions.

1) Should i make this a Legolas love story?

2) For each movie should i make a new book or should i just keep it so that it's all one book?

Comment to let me know what you guys think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.4K 32
You've heard the story of the 13 Dwarfs, the wizard and the Hobbit right? Well they left out one thing, the Unexpected Member of the Company. I was t...
319K 6.7K 49
From Bilbo Baggins, to Boromir, even Bjorn. I began these imagines in 2013 at the best of my memory. I have been to and from Wattpad for so long. Ple...
764 19 16
She was no longer gone. The threat of her kingdom growing in the elven hearts. The betrayals and backstabbing were on her mind, moving ever so slowly...
10.2K 240 17
Aura Thranduilion As a young elf, you were different then most wood elves. Most people didn't care of it. You weren't aware of the curse you were bor...