Our War ā˜… Steve Rogers [5] āœ“

By -fieldoflilies

{Set In Daredevil Season 2 and Captain America: Civil War} As the search for Bucky is still on going, Ashley... More

Our War
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen

Five - CW

5.9K 125 14
By -fieldoflilies

A.N. IT'S CIVIL WAR TIME, OH YEAH BBY

--------------------------------

Lagos

The set up for Lagos was pretty quite for what we usually do, I sent in Wanda and Natasha to go in as civilians, see if they could spot anything suspicious. Me and Steve stuck together as this was personal to us. Tony didn't come as he had a talk at college to make. He and Pepper had also broken up so he wasn't in the mood to come with us. I need to check on him as soon as we get home.

"All right, what do you see?" I asked into my earpiece, everyone of us had one to keep in touch, as usual.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered. She and Nat were stationed at a coffee shop, just across from where Brock was said to hit. Me and Steve, hung out in an apartment, looking over the place.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve asked her, like a little pop quiz.

"Camera's." She answered correctly. Camera's meant we had to be careful where we tread as there were camera's watching our every move.

"Both streets are one-way." I pointed out.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda was doing well today.

"Which means Brock doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess to get out." My fist tightened, remembering the betrayal I felt when Brock was revealed as Hydra. We were friends, trained together, ate together, I told him a lot. But now, he's my enemy and he needs to be stopped. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute, you should get a car like it." Wanda surveyed.

"It's also bulletproof." Natasha came on and said. "Which means private security which means more guns which means more headaches from somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?"

"Looking over your shoulder need to become a second nature." Nat made sure Wanda knew.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam voiced his opinion. Sam was based on a building somewhere, keeping an eye out for the skies.

"Not to my face? Why? Did you hear something?" Nat joked.

"Eyes on the prize, guys. We can talk about who said what later. We need to get this guy." I could tell I was starting to get stressed about this whole thing. We needed to get Brock in or he could potentially kill innocents. And that would do us no favours when it came to the accords. I feel bad I'm the only one that knows about them, but I'm sure when the team find out they'll understand why we need it.

"Hey, stay calm, okay?" Steve placed his hand on my shoulder, noticing I was stressing out.

"I'm trying, it's just this guy knew everything about me and he was HYDRA? How dumb was I to not see it?" The feelings of the past came back to me as I remember that sinking feeling when I found out HYDRA was very much alive. I spend my entire life making sure people like them never got anywhere. But look at me now, fighting them cause I was too dumb to notice they big boys were still around.

"If you were dumb than I was too, and so was the rest of SHIELD. You couldn't have known so stop blaming yourself. Please, I hate seeing you like this." Steve tried to reassure me, and I knew the team could hear.

"I can't help it Steve. I failed at my job, now I gotta put it right. This is the best lead we've had on Brock for months, I don't wanna lose him." I addressed the team. If I couldn't get Brock now, when would it end?

"If he see's us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us." Sam told me.

"Yeah well, feelings mutual." I muttered under my breathe.

"Sam, see that garbage truck?" Steve pointed out the window to a garbage truck that was pushing though traffic, not stopping for anyone. This could be him. "Tag it." That meant for Sam to use his little robot friend, he has one now, to keep an eye on the truck for us. He calls it Redwing. I kinda want my own.

"That trucks loaded with max weight and the drivers armed." Sam explained to us all.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha pointed out the obvious.

"Go now." I began to order. I wasn't going to lose Brock, not now.

"What?"

"He's not hitting the police." Me and Steve both realised at the same time, and ran outside. He was hitting the IFID, the science lab. Steve got a lift from Sam whereas I just ran. Steve could poke holes for me to rip apart.

I arrived not long after Steve, and helped him finish off some guys outside. I dislocated a guys arm and shoved him against a wall, knocking him out. I then kicked a guy in the face, and punched him in the gut.

"Body armour, AR-015's. I make seven hostiles." Steve explained to the team.

"I make five." Sam answered, meaning he took two guys out.

Wanda then landed next to me and shielded herself from bullets in order to pick up a guy with her powers for Sam to fly down and punch down.

"Four. Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam's little robot scanned for us.

"Wanda, like we practised yeah?" I made sure she understood.

"But what about the gas?"

"Get it out." I answered her. She then used her powers and flew both me and Steve into the air so we could get onto the third floor. We smashed through the windows and took a guy each. We took their masks off and exposed them to the deadly gas. Me and Steve were fine though, we're super soldiers, it doesn't hurt us. We then changed men and kicked them across the room.

I ran ahead to get to Rumlow quickly, but it seems he was already here and gone.

"Shit. He already has a biological weapon." I informed.

"I'm on it." Natasha answered. I trusted her to take out a whole group of guys.

Me and Steve managed to head to a balcony and see Brock with a grenade launcher, aiming at us. Steve pulled me behind him and shielded us with his shielded, blowing us back quite a bit. But we had to keep running, as he was still shooting grenades at us. One hit us so hard we flew off another balcony and onto a parked truck.

"Ow. That hurt just a little." I complained, jumping down from the truck to Steve on the floor. "Sam, he's in a AV heading North." I informed my friend. We needed him to either get him or stall for us to get there.

"You alright?" Steve asked me as I helped him him.

"Sam old same old. Come on, we gotta get him." Steve nodded, grabbing his shield and running with me.

We jumped over cars to head to the middle and saw the truck abandoned with their gear on the floor.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." I explained looking round to see if I could see any of them. I them saw something attached itself to Steve's shield. Steve noticed too and threw his shield in the sky to avoid being blown up. But whilst he did that, Brock came behind me and punch me square in the face, sending me flying. He had some sort of metal on his fists giving him a heavier punch. And it hurt like you wouldn't believe.

Steve got angry at that and started fighting him. I noticed people around were running away now, and good for them, they shouldn't be here.

"Everyone get out. We can handle this just leave." I shouted, struggling to get up. I felt some liquid running from my nose, so I wiped with my sleeve and noticed my nose was bleeding. He mad have even broke it. "Guys, you gotta get his friends."

"We're working on it." Natasha shouted in my hear, sounding like she was fighting at this very second.

Once I was up on my feet, I stepped in to fight Brock. I jumped onto his shoulders and started punching his head, but with his mask, I couldn't land a decent shot. He swung his head back and headbutted me making my nose hurt even more.

"You never learn do you, Ashley?" He then leaned backwards and fell with me on his back, my back taking the full force. I laid on the floor, in a lot of pain. I couldn't take Brock, he was too strong for me. "I didn't wanna do this, Ash. We were friends, but I guess things change." Brock was about to punch me once more, but Steve got up and pushed him to the ground, saving me. They fought more, Steve managed to take a metal fist off of Brock and kicking him across the floor. Brock seemed done, so took his mask off, showing me what he had become.

I managed to get myself up and head to Brock, looking down at his burned face.

"I think I look pretty good all things considered." He commented.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve urged, holding Brock buy his jacket.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky." As soon as he said his name, I had to punch him, even if I was hurting all over with a maybe broken nose, he needed a punch for even thinking his name.

"What did you say?" Steve asked.

"He remembered you both. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Til they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'please tell Rogers and Gomez. When you gotta go, you gotta go. And you're coming with me'. I noticed too late that he had a bomb on him and he detonated it. But the blast was withheld in a bubble created by Wanda. Wanda. I could see she was looking to throw him to the sky, but the building were too close here, she could kill people.

"Wanda no." I went to warn her, but it was too late, she had thrown Brock into the sky, allowing him to blow up, but taking building and people with him. "Oh my god."

Wanda soon realised what she had done, and sat on the floor crying.

"Sam, we need fire and rescue, ambulances..." Steve was shocked at what had happened too. Wanda had blown up part of a building with people in it. I know she didn't do it deliberately but she should have thought first.

"Ashley, I am so sorry." She cried, looking up at me. I looked down at her and gave her a disappointed look.

"We'll talk at home." I told her. I was already mad about being hurt, and Brock mentioning Bucky, but this topped it off. I didn't want to be mad at her but I was. We were so close to not killing innocents.

---------------------------

A.N. EYY I updated finally. Sorry again for being so slow, I haven't been mentally prepared to write again until today.

I hope you enjoyed the beginning of Civil War, I can't wait to get this done, even if the end may split up our favourite superhero couple. I dunno yet, we'll have to say.

When I finish Civil War, I will have my own end credit scene with Ashley visiting a Mr Stephen Strange. It'll only be a little thing but I wanna do it. From then on I have no idea what my plans are for this, so you'll have to stick with me for future announcements. If there's something you want me to to (Like Spider-Man Homecoming or The Defenders) please let me know.

Plus, I may be redoing my Agent Carter prequel set in the Agent Carter TV Show, not sure yet though. Will keep you updated.

As always, comments and votes are appreciated

- Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 468 11
It's been just over a year since the events in Sokovia. Freya and Steve are now happily married and lead their own team of Avengers together. But, an...
7.9K 604 27
Despite their best efforts to regain the trust of the world, the Avengers are still met with criticism. With every move they make under close scrutin...
42.8K 1.5K 35
Sequel of Rumors of War, The Immortality War, and Winter's War. Book Four of Five. Set during Captain America: Civil War. .ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢.ā€¢. "I lo...
74.5K 3.2K 45
Mixing business and pleasure is never a good idea. (Y/n) is hard-working, career-driven, and professional. Two months into her new job she meets some...