The Side Character ☑

ZarinLyss

**Featured in the Wattpad humor profile** "The ones who laugh the most, are also the ones who cry the most." ... Еще

Introduction
Chapter 1 - When did you get out of jail?
Chapter 2 (Edited) - Stop reading those good girl & bad boy stories on Wattpad!
Chapter 4 (Edited) - Marry me?
Chapter 5 (Edited) - Crazy, Stupid, Crush.
Chapter 6 (Edited) - No one wants to see your jewels bouncing like tennis balls
Chapter 7 (Edited) - You want to name the cat Catzilla?
Chapter 8 - Would be happier if I smacked your girlfriend with a bat instead?
Chapter 9 - That's why you're so fat.
Chapter 10 - Me? Jealous? Pfft. I can't even pronounce the word!
Chapter 11 - Friends who stalk together, stay together.
Chapter 12 - I wanted to hear the mosquitoes sing!
Chapter 13 - Stay out of my life.
Chapter 14 - Do you know what you mean to him?
Chapter 15 - I hate the sub conscious bitch.
Chapter 16 - Real life.
Bonus Chapter - Monster.
Chapter 17 - A man's jealousy and a girl's stupidity equals a date
This is nothing, just skip this.
Chapter 18 - My head thinks it's Beyonce's ass.
Chapter 19 - So I took a bottle of sleeping pills and popped them all.
Chapter 20 - That's why I'm me.
Bonus Chapter - Run
Chapter 21 - I'm not picking up some random prostitute you picked for the night
Chapter 22 - Wannabe Batmans and Ninja Turtles.
Again, nothing. Just skip this too.
Chapter 23 - How much are you paying him per night?
I know this is long overdue but aaaaah! The Cast!
Chapter 24 - I'm not giving birth you bitch!
Chapter 25 - I'm gonna have sex with Marylin Monroe in heaven.
Chapter 26 - STRIKE! Lisa to the rescue!
Chapter 27 - Goodbye Mr. Cockroach.
Chapter 28 - Mistakes of the past.
Chapter 29 - Let's step inside.
Epilogue
Acknowledgements and advertisements

Chapter 3 (Edited) - Matchmaking 101

4.1K 428 316
ZarinLyss

Chapter 3 - Matchmaking 101

Rule number one in matchmaking guidebook,

1. Make the girl look hot.

I look at Chloe's reflection in the mirror and grin to myself. Her dark brown hair is tied up in an elegant bun, letting just a few strands fall elegantly just past her shoulders. A sleeveless black dress compliments her petite but curvy figure. Not counting the annoyed frown that was placed on her lips, she looked smoking hot.

I did a great job, didn't I? Actually I have always been a natural in the makeup department. Alexis usually lends me a hand though.

But no matter how much of an expert I an in changing people's looks, I can't change my look. Even so, I'm more than happy to make my friends look amazing.

I'm satisfied with the way I naturally look...Well kind of satisfied. I'm not perfect, yes. I have a few pimples popping out randomly. And I guess I'm slightly overweight too.

But true relationships aren't based on looks. Right? As long as I have these friends that will see my heart instead of my weight, I'll be fine.

Yeah.

I'll be fine.

Right? Who needs boys?

Anyways, back to the task at hand.

Rule number 2. Make girl go to the party.

Chloe huffs as she grudgingly trudges behind me. "I'm telling you I don't want to go to this stupid party!"

"That's what they all say," I say in a sing song voice as I get in my car.

"Stop reading those bloody books!" Chloe groans as she gets in behind me. The door slams shut with a loud bang. Geez, now she's taking it out on the car. Calm down, woman.

Laughing I start the engine. I'm wearing a baby blue dress that reaches my knees and my hair is in a loose bun. I look simple. And I'm fine with that. Today's all about Chloe after all!

It had been a disaster to convince her way too strict parents. I had to make up ridiculous lies like we were going to my house to study and things like that.

As if! The day I study will be the day Trump will do something non-stupid for god's sake.

"So let's go over the plan one more time."

Chloe groans loudly. "What did I do to deserve this God? Was it watching that porn? I swear it was an accident!"

Ignoring her I continue, "So you're the good girl who's being dragged into a party by her crazy best friend. Now you're somehow going to crash into the school's bad boy and catch his attention. With your sweet voice-"

Chloe growls.

"-and girly behaviour-"

She props her feet onto the dashboard.

"He'll- you're doing this on purpose aren't you?"

Chloe smirks. "Why ever would you think that?"

Sighing in defeat, I call Sam and put it on loud speaker since I was driving. "1,2,3 come in. Alpha 3? Come in."

The plan was that I would get Chloe out of her house, which wasn't easy for your information. And then after being brushed and polished in my house, we'll head to the party. Sam and Alexis will be arriving together since Alexis was also skeptical about this plan of mine and needed some convincing from my partner-in-crime called Sam.

I don't understand why though, Alexis has always been a sicker for romantic ships too!

Man, is my plan seriously that weird?

But it always happens in books! Argh.

"Come on, This is Alpha two," I say impatiently waiting for their reply, "Come in."

"Is she for real?" Alexis' sarcastic voice rolls in through the loudspeaker.

"Yes, this is Alpha 3. Over," Sam replies.

"Is she for real?" This time it was Chloe.

I roll my eyes. "Alpha 1 has been brushed and polished into a model. Status on Greek God?"

"Who's Greek- you know what? I don't give a fuck," Alexis says giving up.

"Yes. Alpha 3 had invited Ryder- I mean Greek God - eww - to the party but I don't really know if he'll come," Sam finishes gloomily.

"It's alright Sam. You did your best," I say trying to lighten up the mood.

"What happened to Alpha 1, Alpha 3?" Chloe cocks an eyebrow.

I have her a look. "Why in the world would we do that? We're not five!"

"Let me kill her, please."

"She's not worth it, Alex. Calm down."

--------------------------------------------------

"Where is the target!?"

It's been an hour since we arrived and two since the party started.
My patience has been wearing thin. I mean, come on! Real life bad boy and good girl couple? Made by me? That's like my dream come true!

Since it's never going to be me as the main character.

It's the usual high school party. Nothing to write home about. Dim lights did more to make the house look fishy than anything. At first I searched the whole house for any sign of Ryder but came up empty. For bad boy signs. Fights, brawls, leather jackets, pots, anything.

When I came back empty handed, my friends had already vanished into thin air. Even Sam! My partner in crimes!

Literally and figuratively.

Stomping my foot like a child I make my way towards the bar.

"I need a drink."

------------------------------------------------------

"Chug, chug, chug."

The chants are becoming lower and louder each time I drown a glass. My head is spinning and I feel like I'm on the top of the world.

Which means I'm hopelessly drunk.

"Hell yeah!" I shout as I begin to stand up on the bar. A large crowd of drunken teenagers are gathered around me chanting and hooping.

I twirl around singing and dancing. Careful not to fall down though.

"Hey baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover!" I sing along with the music. The crowd around me soon joins with their ridiculous voice.

"And I know you can afford it by the tattoo on your shoulder!"

The world becomes a messy blur as I twirl around making an absolute fool out of myself.

Then I see him.

Ryder.

Watching me from the shadows with his usual bored face.

What the hell? Where's the brawl? So anti-climatic.

I immediately climb down (read fall down) from the table and begin to search for Chloe. I am so going to make this match and nothing can stop me!

As if on cue, I stumble on my feet and fall flat on my face.

"Fuck!" I yell loudly as I try to get up.

And then the most cliché thing happens.

A hand stretches out before me. I blink at it wondering what I should do with it.

Slap it away?

Kick it away?

Kiss it away?

The last one enters my mind as soon as my eyes meets the person it belongs to.

Hey, I know, he's Chloe's. But girls, he's hot.

"Ryder?" I gape at him.

"Are you gonna stand or what?" He snaps at me.

Immediately I take his hand realizing that I was in no position to stand in my own. "Wow, aren't you rude?"

He narrows his eyes at me. "A thank you would suffice."

Ignoring him I continue, "Rude Ryder! Ruder! Hah! That's it! Ruder! I'll call you Ruder!"

If looks could kill I'd be six...No, wait, 10 feet under.

But as I'm more drunk than Nicki Minaj in her music videos, I don't give a fuck.

I'm going to say something about him being too grumpy when a hand jerks me back.

"Lisa! What the hell?" Sam asks me, her face a mixture of concern and amusement. "Tell me it wasn't you pole dancing on the bar."

"Don't be silly! You can't pole dance without a pole!"

My answer was apparently enough for her. "Geez. What am I gonna do?"

"Call Chloe!" I whisper yell at her and point towards Ryder that was leaning on a wall beside us watching everything with bored eyes.

Her eyes move towards him and she breaks into a grin. "When did you come?" She asks as she rushes to him completely ignoring my presence. Great best friend, right? Wrapping her arms around him, she pulls him into a friendly hug.

Ryder hugs her back lightly and grunts. "An hour ago, I guess."

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

For a moment, Ryder's eyes flickers towards me. "Well, I did enjoy quite a show worthy of being a Broadway."

I blush slightly as Sam laughs. "She's not always this stupid though."

Glaring at her I pull her back causing both of us to stumble due to my inability to stand straight. "Stop talking smack about me and go find Chloe!"

She looks at me sheepishly. "Well..you know...She.."

"Spill it!"

"ShewenthomewithGavin!"

"What?"

She takes a deep breath and replies, "She went home with Gavin..."

I gape at her. "Gavin? As in nerd Gavin? What the hell? Why?"

She shrugs. "Apparently they got to talking in physics class about some guy named Newton and well...you know."

"What?! You were supposed to keep an eye on her!"

"Sorry!" She squeaks and quickly backs away.

I feel like pulling all my hair out of frustration. This seriously puts a damper on all of my plans!

I gasp loudly.

What about my godchild?

Sighing disappointedly, I throw myself on the floor.

Yes, I know not an usual place to throw yourself on but I'm really way too drunk to care.

Sam gives me a hopeless look and sighs. "Now who's gonna drive you home?"

"You?" I slur.

She gives me a regretful look. "Well...actually, I have some work."

"What work?"

"With people."

"What people?"

She glares at me. "Shut up, drunkard. It's important to keep me out of jail okay?"

I shrug still lying in the ground.

Heaving a sigh, Sam comes towards me and grabbing my arm, she pulls me up. "I can't even rely on hormonal Alexis because she's too busy banging her boyfriend!"

Pinching her nose she groans. "Fuck!"

"I can take her home."

Both of our heads snap towards the source of the voice.

I completely forgot he was standing there. Another sign that I'm hopelessly drunk - forget the presence of a hot guy.

"Really?!" Sam almost has tears in her eyes. "But we can't ask you that! It's too much!"

He shrugs slightly, "Not really. I was going to go home anyway so I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a friend a favour."

Sam jumps to hug him, "Thank you, thank you! Thanks so much! I owe you a lot!"

He smiles slightly, "No problem."

"No seriously! If I didn't think of you so much as a brother I would've kissed you!"

Ryder makes a horrified expression, "Well thank God you won't!"

After Sam yelling at me for a while to get myself drunk like this and giving Ryder my address she ushers us out yelling how she has some work. Whatever the hell that means.

"I'll drive your car since Alexis probably left with hers!" Sam yells as she throws me into the passenger seat of Ryder's car. Yes. Literary chucks me inside like a rag doll. My friends. You gotta love them.

Before I can reply Ryder has already gotten in and started the engine. I sink down in my seat and sigh.

Poor, poor godchild.

Author's Note-

Whew! What a long chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you!

- Z

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

95.8K 3K 27
❝MY SILENCE IS MY EXPRESSION OF PAIN❞ Ryder Baizen, is your typical 'bad-boy'. The platinum blonde has every girl falling to his feet, while every bo...
7.5K 161 32
*From Best Friends To Worst Enemies* "You really think you stand a chance Badboy?" I snorted. "You tell me." He had the audacity to smirk as I stood...
Not Interested ✔️ unedited T

Подростковая литература

3.1K 111 22
I wrote this when I was 13 and didn't have any writing skills, so you've been warned. Again this book is NOT EDITED ...
Don't Call Me Baby j o y e u s e

Подростковая литература

1.3K 46 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...