Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

Af iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... Mere

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds

1.3K 51 13
Af iamourship

^this will become relevant during the chapter^

Yay, another update! I really, really just wanted to update this. So yeah, I hope you like it. I think it's cute but that's just my personal opinion.
_______________________________________________________

The warm color pallet of Kalos forest was one of my favorites. An array of greens, spectrums of tree bark, pockets of sunshine and, might I add, a rainbow of wild flowers. The flowers were particularly flashy in this part of the forest, a wide range of colors and sizes. Each one was unique to me and I simply couldn't choose a favorite.

The morning was still young, everything falling under the shadow of dawn. I awoke early that day, almost as early as the morning birds, Ash and Elaina. While they were out training, or rather discussing something confidential, I decided to examine the flowers. We had chosen this particular clearing to settle not only because of its natural beauty, but for the bundles of berry trees that flourished in the area. Their thriving systems sprouted juicy fruit that we prepared to pick that morning. After Aron dragged himself out of bed, I planned to call the eager trainers back to campsite for some berry picking.

"Here we go Braixen, this flower is perfect." I exclaimed as I picked a scarlet flower from its roots. Then I gently placed it in my Pokemon's hands to add to the rest of the bouquet. As I continued to pick flowers for my extravagant bundle, I heard the sound of two familiar trainers approaching. Their bickering echoed through the thick forest, allowing me to hear the end of their conversation.

"You do get distracted a lot!" Elaina cried as if she had been unsuccessfully attempting to plant the idea into the raven haired boy's head for a long while.  

"No I don't." My crush answered and immediately captured my attention. I stopped examining the flowers and instead began to ease drop on the pair.

"Yes you do, at least, you have been lately. Which makes me wonder..." My friend pondered as I tried to wrap my head around what they were going on about.

"I-it h-has nothing to d-do with what y-you're talking a-about." Ash stuttered. It wasn't often that Ash was unable to get a perfectly formed sentence out of his mouth.

"Sure Ash, whatever you say!" Elaina said in a sing-song voice. I didn't hear Ash's reply, just brief muttering of incoherent words. Soon they emerged into our campsite, still whispering harsh comments at each other. As usual.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, drawing the pair out of their conversation, or argument, and averting their attention to me. Both pairs of eyes widened in shock, realizing my sudden presence.

"Nothing!" They both blurted out in unison. I gave them a strange look, watching as Ash turned away from me, his cheeks slightly rouge. Elaina just looked at me with a slight smile and I instantly knew this had something to do with her 'you have to figure it out for yourselves' scheme.

"So, are we still on for berry picking?" My friend asked as she bounced over to Braixen who was still clutching my bouquet of flowers. The golden haired girl examined the bundle like a contest judge, carefully picking out her favorite.

"Sure! We can go as soon as Aron wakes up." I answered, eager to get a taste of the delicious fruit waiting nearby.

"I'll drag my brother out of bed. Why don't you and Ash go ahead and start. I'm sure we'll catch up. Don't be hesitant to wonder far!" She exclaimed with a playful wink in my direction. My cheeks immediately reddened, heating to the temperature of fire.

"Well, we don't want to get lost." Ash remarked, completely clueless to her intensions. In some cases, it appeared that Elaina's supposed love lessons proved of use and others, it seemed like no progress was made at all. Elaina sighed, obvious frustration evident in her voice.

"Someday, you'll thank me for this, Ash." She rolled her eyes before proceeding to Aron's tent. She left my crush and I alone, with the quietness of the forest. Braixen held out her Pokeball for me, as if trying to convey a message. And I knew what it was. She too, wanted to give us some privacy.

Why did everyone want me to go into cardiac arrest?! Being alone with Ash wasn't always the best for my nerves and neither was it good for my ability to form proper sentences. Oh Arceus above, please help me.

I took the bouquet of flowers from Braixen before returning her to her Pokeball.  The sweet aroma from the bundle of blossoms was somewhat calming. I inhaled deeply, letting the freshness fill my lungs to the brim. I let myself vanish from the situation for a split second.

"Those are really pretty flowers, Serena." Ash's voice rang through my ears and I peered at him over the bouquet.

"Thanks Ash, I picked them this morning. This part of the forest has an amazing variety to offer." I said, probably boring him with my flower talk. Fortunately, he didn't seem uninterested.

"Are they for anyone in particular?" He asked, making me freeze. Every fiber in my body paused. I stopped breathing, stopped my heart beating, stopped feeling. Hell, I even stopped digesting last nights diner.

"Umm...n-no. N-no one in p-particular." I struggled to get a full sentence out my mouth. I wanted to melt away into an irrelevant puddle. That question probably didn't mean much to him, just a topic of conversation, but it made me weak-kneed. Why was I so pathetic around him?

"Oh, well, why don't we start picking berries?" He suggested. I shook my head, quickly putting myself back together.

"Sure, let's go." I smile genuinely at Ash, hoping to cease the tension a little. The raven haired boy grinned back, flashing pearly teeth. His smile always made butterfly's erupt in my stomach. They collided with the walls of my interior, causing slight light headedness.

We walked through the forest, gathering multicolored fruit and adding them to an ever growing collection. Mostly, we stayed in silence, simply happy with each other's company. It wasn't awkward, but rather peaceful. Ash would often pluck a berry just to put it in his mouth, savoring the sweet juices as it poured over the edges of his lips. I laughed at him, pointing out his obsessive eating habit.

"If you continue to eat them all, there won't be any left for anyone else!" I remarked, watching as he smiled sheepishly at me. I couldn't resist that playful smile. The way it highlighted his dimples and small 'z' shaped scars on his cheeks. He was so breathtakingly handsome I had to pinch myself at times.

My crush carried bundles of fruit in his arms, looking as if he had entered some sort of food heaven. His everlasting grin emphasized his pure joy of taking on such a task. I couldn't help but steal glances at him every so often. Those auburn eyes that shone with joy gave me happiness, one that was hard to describe. Just being in his presence felt like home. Wherever he was, I could be safe.

"Hey Serena, that's a really pretty flower. It will look beautiful in your bouquet." Ash pointed out as he gestured towards a small blossom a few feet in front of us. I glanced up and followed his line of vision.

They flower was truly beautiful. An irregular seven petal flower that sprouted off a single stem. It wasn't a bush, just one single blossom. The petals were heart shaped, ranging from baby pink to a deep magenta. It soaked the Kalos sun in a unique way that left shimmers like small studded diamonds. I gasped, taking in the beauty of such a natural being, untouched by the hands of man.

Then I was hit by a sense of familiarity. I had seen that flower before, in my own back garden to be exact. By the time I was nine it had withered and wilted away but the sight was one that I couldn't forget. It was so unique that it's image had imprinted in my mind. And so had the story behind it, which made my breath hitch in my throat.

Flashback:

At the age of seven, the back garden was my favorite part of the house. I spent many afternoons dancing around the freshly cut grass while my mother watched from the door way, shaking her head and smiling at my enthusiasm. This particular afternoon was no different.

The flower was situated at the back of our garden, a single blossom just like one Ash had found. With the same appearance that captivated my seven year old self. I would often look at it but decided it was too delicate to touch. I knew next to nothing about the flower but that never changed the fact that it was my favorite. It's aroma was special too, something that couldn't be put into words but I could still remember it clearly. Possibly because it was so distinct. I had never seen it anywhere els until now.

"Mummy, what type of flower is this?" I finally asked that afternoon. The curiosity had been bubbling up inside me but for some reason, I had put off asking the question. Maybe cause I liked the fact that it's beauty was such a mystery.

My mother kneeled down beside me, admiring the flower alike. There was a special glimmer in her eyes as she recalled countless memories and old feelings. I remember watching her intensely and wondering what possible impact a flower could have on her.

"I'm not actually sure of that myself. I asked the same question to the old lady your father and I brought this house from. She didn't answer my question but simply said that it symbolizes undying love. That old woman was known to be a bit off the rails, but I believe every word of her tale. She said that there was a story behind this particular type of flower. That it sprouts where a strong sense of love is present, where couples share intimate or important moments. Or even appears where future lovers venture. I recognized it from when your father and I first met, in a flower shop. It was there then and now it grows in the garden of this house. Maybe, my dear, it will grow for you and a young gentlemen someday." She explained, smiling warmly. As a young girl, this story didn't particularly appeal to me. Though, even from a young age I was still a romantic, the last sentence made me squeamish.

"Eww, mummy. That would never happen!" I cried, throwing my arms in the air with protest. But no matter what story was behind the flower, it still intrigued me.

"You just wait Sere, someday you'll fall in love." My mother told me with confidence. I looked back at her, slightly perplexed. What I didn't know was that I had already met the boy I would fall in love with. I met him the previous summer. And my mother was right, I would fall in love someday. But that someday was sooner than expected. And my love wasn't undying but rather unrequited.

"Someday very, very far away." I replied.

End of flashback

Ash plucked the flower as I recovered from the memory. He held it up with pride, showcasing its elegance. He caught a whiff of its fragrance and I watched as his nose tingled in the aftermath. Clearly, he enjoyed the smell just as much as I had.

"Here," Ash whispered as he approached me. Gently, the raven haired boy went to add the flower to my bouquet but he paused just short. "Actually, I think that would be unfair. It will put all the other flowers to shame. How about...oh, yes!"

My crush reached over with the flower balanced between his fingers. His hands reached past my face and I watched, paralyzed in shock. Every fiber I contained went rigid. My eyes never left his. Never left his mahogany orbs. Ash's shaky fingers tucked the flower behind my left ear, perfecting it with a few flicks of his wrist. Once he was happy with the position, he stepped back and admired his work. Admired me.

A small smile crept up the jet haired boy's face. He looked generally happy but I could see a greater conflict behinds his eyes. A hurricane of emotions that he wasn't quite sure how to react too. So he continued to stare at me, studying every feature. I was crippling under his gaze. Our locked eyes made my stomach do unnatural flips. Soon it was too much weight to carry so my eyes dropped to the ground.

"Now, it's the perfect accent." He muttered just loud enough for me to hear. Yet, I could tell he was distracted. Something was spinning in that brain of his, something that detached him from the rest of the world. Just like Elaina had proposed earlier, he was distracted. And I wasn't sure why, but I had assumed it had something to with the concoction of emotions that boiled behind his eyes.

"T-thank you, Ash."

A flower that sprouts where future lovers venture.

_______________________________________________________

Okay so this chapter and the next one were meant to all be in one chapter but figured that it would be too long. Plus I just really wanted to update so...

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...
49.8K 902 26
okay first off this is a sequel to my other book 'mixed feelings - an amourshipping story'so if you hadnt read it i suggest you do before reading thi...
77.3K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokรจmon โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข~โ€ข...
344K 5.8K 34
What would have happened to Serena and Ash if Serena hadn't watched the News on the day Ash saved Garchomp? After travelling though Kalos without enc...