The Ghost Of My Sister ~H.S~

By Directioner4Eva93

Ella Johnson is a 12 year old girl who dies in a car accident along with her adoptive parents. Her parent's s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ I knew it
Chapter 2 ~ Dreams & Her
Chapter 3 ~ Four down one to go
Chapter 4 ~ Breaking The News
Chapter 5 ~ Memories & Snow
Chapter 6 ~ Tears & The Truth
Chapter 7 ~ Answers & A Journey
Chapter 9 ~ You & I
Chapter 10 ~ Forever & Always
SEQUEL!!
Release date
Sequel Info

Chapter 8 ~ Honesty & Sibling Bonding

976 37 2
By Directioner4Eva93

~Harry's POV~

Ella and I were sat outside my mother's house still in my car.

I had one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting where the window is rolled right down.

"So, you came 3 and a half was hours to just sit in your car?".

Ella's voice snapped me from my thoughts and I turned to face her as a small frown made it's way on my face, "What do I even say to her? How do I ask her?".

Ella shrugged once while glancing at the house, "Just come right out and ask or just hand her my birth certificate".

I slowly nodded as I unbuckled my seatbelt, "Well, I guess it's now or never". I paused while looking at Ella, "A-Are you coming in with me?".

I really wanted her to, even though she will let me be the only one to see her I still felt better when she was around me.

She raised her eyebrow as a small smile formed on her lips, "Do you want me to?".

I nodded once biting my lower lip.

Her smile grew as she suddenly disappeared, I looked around quickly and seconds later she re-appeared right by my car window, making me jump.

She let out a quiet giggle, "Come on then!".

I returned the smile and jumped out of the car, locking it up after.

I began making my way towards the house with Ella by me side.

"Just make sure you don't talk to me cause your family will think you're going crazy".

I chuckled as I rang the doorbell, "Well Gemma knows about you, it's just mum who doesn't".

Ella nodded just as the front door flew open and I was stood face to face with Gemma.

"Hazza!". She squealed and pulled me into a tight hug, I chuckled returning the hug as I glanced over at Ella to see her staring at Gemma with a wide smile on her lips.

Right there I made a mental note to get Gemma in a room alone and introduce her to Ella, though I don't know how she'll take it.

She pulled away from the hug and stepped aside, "Well come on in, mum's in the kitchen".

I smiled and nodded once as I made my way into the house with Ella still glued to my side.

I stood in the kitchen doorway watching my mum rush around cooking dinner.

"Gemma! Who was at the door?!". She shouted to my sister who was god knows where.

"Hi mum".

She quickly spun around on her heels and the second she saw me she flew across the room pulling me into a tight hug.

"My baby! I've missed you so much!".

Even though I still felt some anger towards her, I slightly smiled as I hugged her back, "Missed you too mum".

She pulled away with a huge smile on her lips, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?".

I glanced over at Ella who was standing in the corner of the room staring at mum and let me tell you something, if looks could kill....

"Well I um, I'm here for a reason actually".

My mum frowned in confusion, "Oh? Is everything OK?".

I just looked at her, "Not really no". I turned around and walked into the living room knowing my mum will follow, Gemma was sat on the sofa watching TV, I grabbed the remote off her and turned the TV off.

"What the hell Harry?! I was watching that!". Gemma moaned trying to get the remote off me.

"I know and I'm sorry but I need to get something off my chest, something really important".

Gemma and mum exchanged some looks before setting their gaze on me.

I took a shaky breath and pulled the birth certificate out of my jacket pocket, I unfolded it and handed it to mum or should I say threw it.

What? You would have done the same if you were angry and pissed off.

She frowned even more as she read it with Gemma leaning over her shoulder to see.

I kept my eyes on my mums face as her eyes widened in shock, "Wha....Harry, how did you-where did you find this?".

"No, the question is, why the fuck didn't you tell me we had a younger sister?!".

OK so the anger had completely taken over and I wasn't doing a single thing to stop it. My mum should know how this makes me feel.

"Harry I....". My mum started speaking but got cut off by Gemma.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM US?! WE DESERVED TO KNOW WE HAD A SISTER MUM! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!".

I had never seen Gemma this angry before in my entire life. She was always laid back and calm but this side to Gemma actually scared me.

"Kids, just let me explain....".

"WELL GO AHEAD! PEASE TELL ME WHY YOU LIED TO US FOR ALL THESE YEARS!".

I sighed deeply knowing I had to calm her down, I saw the tears rolling down Gemma's cheeks, I quickly made my way over to her and pulled her into a hug, she gladly accepted as she hid her face in my neck.

I sighed deeply while looking at mum, "Do you know Ella's dead?".

She looked down and nodded slowly, "Yes Harry, when I found out it was her in the accident, I was heartbroken".

Gemma quickly pulled away from me and glared at mum, "WELL IF YOU WERE SO HEARTBROKEN WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING TELL US?! NOW THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO SEE MY DEAD SISTER!".

I pulled her into another hug, "Gem, you gotta calm down, this isn't helping, OK?".

She took a deep breath and nodded once as she pulled away, I wiped her tears away then turned to mum, "We need to know everything mum".

She nodded while looking up at us with tears in her eyes, she took a shaky breath as she began explaining.

"When I first found out I was pregnant your father and I were going through a bad time, we were arguing constantly, he would go out for nights on end and I would tell you guys he'd gone on a business trip when really I had no clue where he was, I was already 5 months pregnant when I first found out, I had no morning sickness, I wasn't gaining any weight, I had no symptoms at all, the doctor said it was normal in some cases and I had nothing to worry about when really I did, I knew your father and I weren't in a stable relationship to have a baby and I'm against abortions completely, so the only thing I could think of was to have the baby and then give it up for adoption, when I told your father I was pregnant he didn't even care, I knew that was the end of our relationship, but we agreed to wait till you kids were old enough to understand before getting the divorce, look I can understand how angry and pissed off you both are but please understand I did this for the child, she didn't deserve being brought up with parents who can't stand each other, that's why I gave her up, you can hate me and ignore me but you need to understand why I did this".

Gemma just started at her not saying anything, I could tell she was trying to process all the information, "Even if you and dad were over, we still had a right to know about Ella, why didn't you tell us?".

The tone of Gemma's voice was soft but sharp, she was still very angered up.

Mum sighed deeply as she ran her fingers through her hair, "Honestly? After I watched the baby get taken away from me I hated what I had done but I knew it had to be done and I guess I didn't want to relive it and that's what I would have done if I'd had told you guys, I didn't want her to have any part of our lives, not because I hated her, god no, I just knew it wasn't the right environment to bring up a baby, you guys were older so I knew it wouldn't affect you in the same way it would have affected Ella".

Gemma glanced at me before looking back at mum, "I now understand what you did, but know this, I will never and I mean ever forgive you for not telling Harry and I".

My mum let the tears roll down her checks as she turned towards me, "Harry, say something, anything please".

I closed my eyes for a second trying to come to terms with everything that's happening, "I found the birth certificate in the attic of our new house a few days ago, it's the house where Ella grew up, the statue in our front garden is of Ella, a family member had it built in memory of her, the funny thing is though, when I'm at home, I feel like I'm close to her......like she's still there".

Gemma's eyes widened in shock as she quickly turned to me, I knew she had figured it out, she put all the information together, she now knew that the ghost the boys and I were seeing was in fact our sister.

"I can't tell you kids how sorry I am, I wish in time you will try and move on from this and forgive me, just know that all this was never easy for me". My mum spoke as she stood up and made her way up the stairs.

Gemma just stood in one place staring at me, "I can't believe this! Harry you have to tell me everything about Ella!".

I slightly smiled at her, "I can do one better, how would you like to meet her?".

Gemma's eyes were wide open, "You mean she's here?!".

I nodded at the same time Ella appeared right behind Gemma.

"Gemma?". Ella spoke softly, you could hear the nervousness in her voice.

Gemma jumped and quickly spun around as her eyes widened, "E-Ella?".

Ella just nodded, not moving or saying anything, I knew she was scared as to how Gemma would react and to be honest so was I.

A wide smile soon appeared on Gemma's lips and that's all it took for Ella to run to her and hug her tightly hiding her face in Gemma's hair, Gems hugged her back just as tight as she picked her up off the ground and spun her around making Ella laugh.

"I can't believe it's actually you! How is this possible?! How are you here?! I don't understand!".

Gemma carefully placed Ella back on the ground and pulled away from the hug smiling at her, she gently moved some hair from Ella's face, "You are so beautiful!".

I smiled big as I stood beside Gemma grinning at a blushing Ella, "Isn't she just?!".

Ella moaned as she hid her face in her hands, "Guys come on!".

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

It had been a few hours and it had taken a while for Ella to explain everything to Gemma and for Gemma to actually understand it all. But once it was all out of the way we were sat in Gemma's room talking and laughing as if we had never been apart.

Gemma and Ella were lying on the bed as I was slouched in the chair, "So Harry".

I turned to face Gemma as a grin formed on my lips, "Yes Gemma?".

She giggled as she spoke, "How long are you here for?".

"A few days!".

Gemma squealed in excitement, "Yes! That means I get to spend some girlie time with Ellabear!".

Both Ella and I laughed, "Ellabear?" Ella spoke in amusement as she raised an eyebrow at Gemma.

"Yea! That's my nickname for you!". Gemma smiled proudly as she pulled Ella into another hug.

I chuckled but then pouted, "Hey! What about me?! I travel all this way and you don't want to spend time with me?".

Gemma laughed as she playfully rolled her eyes, "I know everything about you Hazza! I need to know more about Ella!".

Ella laughed as she sat up slightly, "You already do Gems!".

I chuckled and leaned my head back watched my two sister talk and laugh with each other, I loved this feeling but once again I knew it wasn't going to last.

"So! What do you girls want to do?".

Gemma shrugged, "We could have a movie night? You guys can stay in here for the night".

Ella squealed as she clapped her hads together, "Like a sleepover?!".

I chuckled and nodded, "Yes Ells like a sleepover".

"YAY! I love sleepovers".

Gemma and I laughed at our over-excited sister as we got everything ready for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 344 38
What happens when a depressed teenage girl who is bullied and abused meets five amazing guys who want nothing but to save her. Maybe they're the only...
5.6K 133 15
Ella is just a fifteen year old girl. Her mother died because of Cancer. Her father died when she was two. Then there is her brother who happens to b...
105K 1.1K 41
Jen, an 18 year old girl is stuck at home alone. Her family died in a car accident last month leaving a gaping Hole in her heart. But when five boys...
287K 5.2K 24
Katrina is 17 and lives a life as an abused girl. Her parents abuse her and her 2 1/2 year old sister Nicole. In order for her to save her and her si...