Beautiful War {Peaky Blinders}

By xoxo-anonymous

"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would... More

00. #1
00. #2
01.
02.
03.
04
05.
06.
07
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
37.
38.
39.

24.

7.4K 159 26
By xoxo-anonymous

╔═══════════╗

'𝙋𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙂𝙊,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

The drive back to Birmingham was silent, neither of them knew what to say to one another.

Victoria stopped by at the B&B to collect their belongings, giving many apologies to the older lady.

They were both thankful when they arrived back at Polly so that they weren't in that silent atmosphere for any longer.

If someone that didn't know either of them watched them for just a moment, they would never have thought that they were once so in love with one another.

"I shall get Timothy and I shall drive us to where ever we will be staying." Victoria mumbled before getting out of the car.

She walked to Polly's door leaving Tommy in the door before softly knocking.

The door slowly opened and Victoria stepped inside with a promising smile.

"I'm staying with Tommy for a few days until he's better." She nodded clearing her throat as she looked at the other family members. "Timothy might be an Owen, but I want it known that my boy is a Shelby and he always will be."

"Here fucking here!" Arthur called out clapping his hands together.

Polly nudged him softly and frowned, "no swearing in front of the little one."

Victoria stepped forward and picked Timothy up from Finns' arms and smiled, "thank you all for having me back, it's been wonderful seeing you all."

She said her goodbyes before exiting and walked back to the car slowly.

The pain of sitting so close to someone that Victoria once loved so deeply and there being nothing left was excrutiating.

It often made her wonder how she was still coping so well. But people can only be strong for so long before it erupts.

"I'll hold him while you drive." Tommy mumbled holding his arms out.

Victoria hesitated before laying the sleeping baby into his protective arms.

He held rubbed his thumb softly across Timothy's cheek as a tear ran down his own cheek.

It was his own fault. It was because of him that he wasn't there in the first few months of his own child's life.

He had grown up without a father around and he knew the pain from that. Tommy wasn't going to allow that for his own son.

She got into the car and started up the engine before following the directions from Tommy.

Before long the car came to a stop outside of a beautifully built cottage, almost similar to Polly's.

"What happened to the big manor?" Victoria asked as she turned to look at him.

He cleared his throat before turning to meet her gaze, "the day you left I sold it. Couldn't bear to stay in that house with the memories of you haunting me."

They both got out of the car in a painful silence, bags in her arms and his son in his.

Together they stepped inside of the house and a soft gasp escaped her lips as her eyes connected with a small picture frame.

When Victoria picked up the golden frame her breath hitched and tears threatened to spill.

It was a photo of them both in one anothers arms on the day of the races. What made it more special was that they both weren't aware of it being taken.

Their eyes filled with a now non-existing love.

"It was the first thing I moved into this place. Having a photo of you and being able to take glances at you now and then made tough days easier." Tommy stated stepping closer to her as he rocked Timothy softly. "It was often the only thing stopping my heart from breaking."

Victoria put the photo down before rubbing he eyes to stop any feelings from emerging.

"I'm going to go put Timothy down to sleep now. You should get yourself to sleep too Tommy, it's been a long day." She nodded turning to look at him.

He handed over the little one and let out a content sigh. The small time he had shared with his son meant more to him than he could express.

"Theres a cot upstairs in one of the bedrooms for when Ada visits with baby Karl. Both of you make yourselves at home." Tommy stated running his fingers theough his hair.

Without a word in response she carried Timothy upstairs and wandered into the open bedroom she presumed was theirs.

Victoria walked over to the bed and changed Timothy into his sleepwear before placing the already sleeping baby into the cot.

The events of the day had surely taken all of the energy from her. So much had happened in such a short space of time.

She also changed into her night dress before slipping into her bed. The darkness overcoming her as soon as her eyes closed.

Later, Victoria was suddenly awoken by the sound of someone screaming.

Worst of all, it was Tommy. He was always the tough one so hearing his emotions like that scared her even more.

Without any hesitation she jumped from her room and ran to where the screaming was coming from.

Victoria pushed the door open and was struck by the scene in front of her. Tommy was thrashing about in his bed, sweat covering his upper body and terror streaked across his face.

She hurried over to his side and softly placed her arms across his to stop his arm whailing about.

"Tommy, it's okay." She spoke calmly, keeping her touch on his bare arms.

His eyes soon opened and looked up at her, a sigh escaping as he realised she had seen him like that.

"Please go, darling." He mumbled closing his eyes.

"It's me Tommy, Victoria. I have seen you at your worst remember? When your father left, when your mother died and when Arthur and John were in that accident. Let me in." Victoria whispered softly.

She could feel his heart racing against her arms, it was as though he had ran a long distance.

Victoria slowly stood up and shook her head, "stand up for me Tommy."

He did what he was asked and stood up in front of her.

She wrapped her arms around him and leaned his head against her shoulder.

He let out another soft breath and wrapped his arms loosely around her petite waist.

"Just let me help you." Victoria whispered as she began rocking them both from side to side, her hand slowly running up and down his bare back.

A few moments of silence passed before she opened her mouth allowing the sweet lullaby to fill the air.

" There was a boy ; A very strange enchanted boy ; They say he wandered very far ; Over land and sea ; A little shy and sad of eye ; But very wise was he.

And then one day ; A magic day he passed my way ; And while we spoke of many things ; Fools and kings ; This he said to me ; 'The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Victoria knew her singing would ease his pain and calm his heart. Tommy knew that even just her touch could settle him. But hearing her voice washed away all of the bad memories, taking him back to when they were children.

~

Tommy had come rushing to the docks, where he knew she would be, anger flushed across his face.

"Timothy, are you okay?" Victoria asked quickly standing to her feet.

"Fathers fucking left us, this time for good hopefully." He yelled before punching the wooden post.

Blood quickly exposing, running down his fingers.

Arthur Sr. had always been absent, always leaving the children and their mother. But this time was different, even she knew that.

The Shelby brothers hated him for what Arthur Sr. had put them through. But that didn't stop them from hurting at their fathers departure.

She knew what he needed and wrapped her arms around him, rocking them both softly.

Her little sweet notes whispered into his ear made him forget about all of the anger that he had held up.

It was almost as though she had cast a gypsy spell on him.

"What would I do without you? Please don't ever let me find out." Tommy mumbled softly as he held onto her, scared to let go.

"I'll never leave you Timothy." She whispered softly in response.

(Reminder; When they were young she knew and called him Timothy. But I've said Tommy because thats who he really was. If that makes sense? So no, I didn't make a name error.)

~

Victoria could feel that his heart had gone back to its normal rhythm and his pain was withdrawing.

This was the first night terror of his that she had witnessed. Since she began sleeping beside him all that time ago there was no sign of any night terrors.

She was his safety blanket.

After witnessing the pain he goes through when she isn't there, she knew she couldn't put him back to bed and just leave him.

Even after all the pain he had caused her, the young vunerable boy she once loved, needed her.

Victoria pressed her lips softly to his cheek before pulling herself away from him.

Tommy looked down at her, the pain still clear in his eyes.

"I'll stay the night." She nodded as she took hold of his much larger hand, guiding him back to his bed.

Together they both slipped under the covers and instantly their arms wrapped around one another.

The peaceful darkness slowly passed over them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 37.5K 115
*UNDER EDITING* Imagines for your favourite Shelby family (and Alfie!)
375K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
147K 3.8K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
103K 1.5K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...