My Best Friend's Werewolf

By MikaelaBender

We all know the stories of the girl who was kidnapped by her Mate. She tried to escape. She failed. They fell... More

1 Kidnapped
2 Phones Are Replaceable
3 Not My Type
4 Unexpected
5 Pretty Face
6 Innocent
7 Like You
8 Secret
9 Aren't You Nice?
10 Awkward Homeschooler
11 Somebody Help
12 Stay then Go
13 Shapes
14 Into the Forest
15 I Learn the Hard Way Why Running Away is a Bad Idea
16 Damsel and Knight in One
17 Prisoner
18 Don't Make This Awkward
19 Eye Issues Again
Eye Issues Again Part 2
20 Anti-Climatic
21 Two Teen Girls Lost in the Woods
22 Cursed Wolf
23 Smells
24 What Now?
25 Inexcusable
26 The US Postal Service
Publishing Opportunity
27 Karma?
28 Making Up My Mind
29 Meeting Him
30 Whose Side?
31 Caring
32 Well This Isn't Good
33 Life Chain
34 Rejected By Them
35 Well I Hope They Hold
36 Here it Comes
37 Branded By the Alpha
38 Can't Fight It
39 Embracing the Wolf
40 Animal
41 What Have I Done?
42 Confessing
43 To Lose My Humanity
44 Disrespect
45 Friends
47 Just As Strong
48 How Things Should Have Been
And So I Leave You With. . .
@Wattpad Instagram Takeover
New Book ~CLAUS~

46 For Their Lives

2.7K 238 35
By MikaelaBender

A/N Only a few more chapters!
Also I entered this story in the Wattys2017 just to see what happens! You should enter too!

~

Holding a tray of brownies that I baked an hour ago, I knock on Eliza's door. Brownies always fix things.

Eliza opens the door, her jaw set. "I don't want to see you, Addy."

"I brought you brownies though."

She crosses her arms and the aggressive stance starts to set me off. The full moon is only two days away. I need her help to lock me up. With the guys in Canada, there's no one to show Hanna how to properly do it.

"Come back when you're actually prepared to accept that my feelings for Xavier mean something."

"I do accept that."

"You don't act like they do."

I push the tray forward. "Please, I need your help on the full moon. The whole pack is out of town and they don't know if they'll be back in time."

"According to you, none of that is my concern." She slams the door and I hear her lock it.

My body trembles, and my grip on the glass tray tightens. After all I did for her.

The glass shatters, cutting into my hands. My body shakes more, threatening to shift. I toss the remains of the tray away and climb into my parents car, not sure how I'm going to drive with my palms cut up and bleeding.

******

I wake up with a terrible headache and to an eerie silence. I dress before heading to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. I want to get to Xavier's early. That goal falls away when I see the clock on the stove.

2:16

"Mom?" I call. No answer. "Dad?" I head to their room and find an unmade bed. I run back to my room and grab my cellphone and dial my dad's number. He doesn't pick up. Neither does my mom.

Feeling antsy I head to the front door and look out through the window. There's no car in the driveway. I have no way to get to Xavier's. If I shift, I lose control.

Don't freak out yet. My parents could be back any minute. Jasper could even get back today. If not, there are always the chains Travis set up.

I call Eliza but she sends me to voicemail.

"Eliza, I know you're mad but I'm freaking out. It's the full moon and I don't know where my parents are. I have no way to get to Xavier's. Please." I hit end and head to the basement. Stay clam. Stay calm.

I push aside the freezer and pick up the chains. I can't put this on myself. It's not designed for someone to be able to lock themselves in.

My phone rings and I don't bother looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Addison." Jasper.

"Jasper, I'm freaking out. When will you be back?"

"What's wrong?"

"Just answer the question."

He sighs. "I thought we could make it back today but I don't think we will."

My heart sinks. "No. No. No. No. You have to get back. I don't know where my parents are. I don't have a car to get to Xavier's house, and Eliza sent me straight to voicemail. The only person left for me to call is Hanna, and she doesn't know how to lock me in."

Jasper curses.

I hear a scuffle and arguing and Hunter's voice comes over my phone. "You aren't getting Hanna involved in this."

"I'm not sure what else to do," I plead.

"Well—"

My phone beeps and I pull it away from my ear.

Call from Dad

"I've got to go. My Dad's calling." Everything is about to be sorted out and if I can get the car and get to Xavier's then chaining me up isn't as important. Okay, it still is. I did almost kill those people. I answer his call. "Dad? Where are you?"

"I'm so sorry we left without telling you but we didn't want to worry you because. . ."

"I get that but where are you?"

"Mom's in labor. We're at the hospital."

Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh.

"This is going to sound really selfish, but I kind of need the car so I can get out of town before I. . . you know. . .change."

"I can't leave your mother."

I swallow. I have to say this. "Do you want me to end up killing everyone in the neighborhood?"

"I'll be there in thirty." He ends the call, and I race up stairs, grabbing a banana from a bowl on the counter. I peel it and bite into it and swallow. Seconds later I heave it back up into the sink.

I head outside and pace the driveway so I can get going the moment he gets here. I may have shifted at midnight last time but Jasper has already been through with me how I won't be able to hold it off very long once the sun sets. It will take awhile for me to be able to keep myself from shifting for as long as Jasper did last time.

My dad pulls up in our SUV, and I meet him at the driver's door. I switch places with him.

"I'd drop you off at the hospital, but I really don't have much time."

"Do what you have to do. I'll call a taxi." If only I could have done that, but I didn't want to risk slaughtering the driver.

I gag at that thought. The clock on the dashboard reads 3:27. I should get there around eight which I'm going to pray won't be too late. I back out of the driveway and push the boundaries of the speed limit.

The sky turns to a beautiful mix of pinks and oranges. It sickens me, and I push down on the gas pedal more. My headache grows and flashes go off in my head, causing me to jerk my neck. It's seven. I'm almost there.

When the sun finally disappears my head is pounding, and I've been swerving enough and speeding enough to give any police officer cause to pull me over.

I nearly cry out when I turn down Xavier's driveway. It's all I can do to shut the car off before I climb out, my body feeling like a brick. I push the car door shut and clamber up the stairs, my body shaking. I turn the knob on the front door, relieved to find Xavier remembered to leave it unlocked.

Entering the basement I collapse onto the floor at the top of the stairs. With my foot I close the door as I crawl forward. At least I can't turn the knob with paws so hopefully the door is strong enough to hold me. I pick up a set of the chains though my eyesight is blurry from the pain. I position the metal collar around my neck and grab the key lying next to where the collar was. I try to insert the key into the hole but my coordination is distorted. This isn't going to work. My arms give out and I crumble completely. I can't do this.

I hear a door and footsteps. I sniff, recognizing the scents but not able to place them. If I shifted, I'd be able to. This pain would go away.

The door flies open, my last true barrier from the outside world. I can probably break down the front door. Eliza and Hanna run toward me, their bodies blurry.

"You can't be here," I mumble.

"Hanna, get her clothes. I lock her in."

Hanna peels off my shirt, shorts, and underwear while Eliza works to chain me up. Once I'm locked in, they step back.

"Get out of here."

Hanna's fist tightens at her side. "We're not leaving you, Addy."

"Eliza, please."

She shakes her head. "I've been stupid."

"You're being stupid now."

She crosses her arms. "We're not leaving."

"They're going to kill me for this. . ." My back arches and hunches, my bones shrinking, and growing, melding and breaking. My hair and nails lengthen, my nails becoming sharper, blacker. My face molds into a snout, and I growl at the two humans before me. I lunge for them but the chains yank me back. They head for the exit, taking their time. I bark at them, snapping my teeth.

I crouch, my eyes not leaving my prey.

"Addy," the one with dark hair says.

I leap forward, the chains snapping. The humans stumble up the stairs.

"Addy," they both plead. I follow them up the stairs and out the door, snapping and growling at them.

The dark haired one looks me in the eyes. "Addy. It's me. Eliza."

They bump into the couch, and I stalk toward them. They're mine.

"Addy."

I lock eyes with the dark haired one, and they become familiar. Eliza.

A splintering crash ricochets around the room and two hard lumps slam into me, pinning me against the wall. I growl, unable to move because of the two blond wolves holding me down—Alpha and Hunter. A black wolf leaps at us—Jasper—and begins biting at the two wolves.

Eliza and the other human yell, but I can hardly make out what they say because of the snapping and growling and yipping taking place on top of me.

Alpha drags himself out of the fight and toward the girls. Toward Eliza. Toward his mate. He's going to mark her, but he'll lose control and kill her. I put all my strength into heaving Hunter and Jasper off of me and jump onto Alpha's back, sinking my teeth into his shoulder. He growls and bucks me off of him. I collapse onto the floor and release a small whimper. He pins me underneath him and bites my stomach. I howl trying to crawl away but he has me trapped. Blood drips from his teeth as he opens his mouth to bite again, but Jasper slams into him, freeing me.

A wolf whose scent I recognize as Travis' leaps over my head, landing in front of the two girls. Hunter attacks him and they become a ball of brown and blond fur. I rush toward Eliza and the other girl, past Jasper and Alpha, past Hunter and Travis. I jerk my head to the side, telling Eliza to follow me. They get the point and dart into the nearest room while I guard them. They close the door, and I station myself in front of it. Alpha tosses Jasper to the side and stalks toward me. I growl, my hackles raised. My stomach drips blood, but I have to stand my ground. He leaps on top of me, tearing into my skin. I bite back, bitting into his leg and his side, but I'm no match for him.

But I will die for my best friend. Human or wolf. Monster or beast.

As my strength seeps, Jasper and Hunter attack Alpha. Travis jumps in trying to defend his leader, not his sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.2K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
10.9M 436K 61
Sequel to 'The Bite.' *You need to read 'The Bite' first before you read 'The Rise,' otherwise you're going to be very lost down this rabbit hol...
171K 8.5K 41
I could feel all this surging pain coursing through my whole body. Bones breaking and reshaping. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Im in the woods a...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...