Life of a..special..sixteen y...

By supernatural_yea

More

Chapter 1- Him
Chapter 2- Coward?
Chapter 4- Answers - Part 1
Chapter 4- Answers - Part 2
Chapter 5- Stolen?- Part 1
Chapter 5- Stolen?- Part 2
Chapter 6- Amber
Chapter 6- Amber (Part 2) REWIND.
Chapter 7- Knock knock.
Chapter 7- Knock knock. Part 2
Chapter 8- Moving? Part 1
Chapter 8- Moving? Part 2
Chapter 9 Nearly There...
Chapter 10 Who? Part 1
Chapter 10 Who? Part 2
Chapter 11 Alex.
Chapter 12 Mad man.
Chapter 12 Mad man. Part 2
Chapter 13 Saviour Part 1

Chapter 3- Talk.

2.3K 49 23
By supernatural_yea

I crossed the street, trying to ignore the feeling of his eyes watching my every move. This was it. I risked a quick glance at him. Although from a distance, his black hair looked harsh, and cold, closer up it seemed to look softer. Framing his face, and providing a sharp contrast to his pale skin (no, not vampire pale). He hadn't changed from what he had been wearing earlier in the library, plain black trousers and a neon green hoodie. I had to admit, he looked good. Wait, no. Don't think that, I'm not here to ogle the boy. I mentally shook myself as I finally reached him. I stood a little further apart than two people who were about to have a conversation normally would. He hadn't taken his eyes off me the whole time, for some reason this thought caused a small blush to creep into my cheeks. I crossed my fingers in my coat pocket, hoping he hadn't been hearing my thoughts.

'So, you read minds.' I hadn't meant to be so direct, or for my voice to come out sounding so gruff for that matter. Still, it had to be said. He stared back unabashed at my question.

'Yeah, I-' He sounded unsure, he had been about to say more, but something stopped him. That annoyed me, so he found out my biggest secret, a secret we both share, followed me home and stared at my house like a creepy stalker and HE didn't trust ME?

'You...what?' I urged. I tried to sound tough, I doubt it worked though. He ran a hand through his hair, seemingly frustrated.

'I just, I never thought that...y'know...I'd find you,' He gestured to me. 'I didn't mean you specifically; I mean I'm not a stalker or anything! Well I know you probably think I am because I'm stood outside your house like stalkers do. Not that I'd know or anything...' He exhaled, looking dejected. His shoulders drooped, and I had to fight an overwhelming urge to HUG him. That was weird. This earned me another mental shake.

'I just meant I never thought I'd find someone who can,' He glanced around self-consciously. 'Do what we can do.' He finished in an almost whisper. Throughout his speech, although he seemed to be rambling like a crazy person, his eyes had told a different story. They looked quick, intelligent, and very focused. I took a brief moment to wonder how I'd got all that from someone's eyes, but decided not to read too much into it. After all, I HADN'T been gazing into them. Ok, so he was hot, I'll admit it, but I am only human, and he was also a creepy stalker/ mind reader.

'Well, here I am.' Came my lame response. It was then that I saw my fathers head poke out the door.

'Crap,' I muttered, grabbing his arm and pulling him behind one of the many trees that lined our street. I risked a quick glance at the door, only to see my father hauling two black bags, full to the brim with trash. Close one. Too close. I should've been more careful. I watched as Dad tied each one up, left them at the side of the house, then returned inside, slamming the front door shut behind him. He hadn't even bothered to put shoes on.

'Umm...' Came a confused voice from behind me. I realised that to him, it looked like I had just pushed him into a tree, then worriedly watched someone take their trash out. Well, I never claimed to be good at making first impressions. I turned to look at him, brushing off leaves from my coat.

'Yeah, sorry. I just didn't want my Dad to see you.' I replied, answering his unspoken question. For some reason, this made him smile.

'Ok then. Maybe we should start again.' He suggested, looking hopeful.

'Um, ok. I'm Holly.' I hoped this was what he meant by 'start again', or I had just made myself look very stupid indeed.

'I'm Alex Grey.' He had such a good name! 'Nice to meet you.' He gave me a sunny smile, before an awkward silence descended. Well, what do you say to a guy who you only just met, but shares your deepest, darkest secret? Hence the awkward silence.

'Well, this is awkward....' He muttered, looking sheepish. Wait a minute, did he just..?

'I tried to read your mind but something happened and I got pushed out.' I blurted. In hindsight I probably should have thought that through a little more. Now he knew I had been trying to get into his mind. I just hoped he didn't take that as some sort of compliment.

'Oh. I'm not sure what an appropriate reply to that would be.' He seemed to genuinely mean it, not in a sarcastic way.

'It's just, when I saw you in the library I recognized what you were doing. What it looks like, and I saw you out here and I decided to see what you wanted before I came out here.' I hastened to explain myself; I didn't want him getting any ideas. He listened to this calmly, nodding once as if he agreed with my methods.

'Ok, well that makes sense. So then you heard I just wanted to talk, right?' And was not a creepy stalker, was an unspoken addition to that sentence.

'Well, sort of. I dunno what happened but you wanted to knock on our door. You were persuading yourself to do it, Then, I dunno something happened. And I was out of your mind, and I didn't pull myself out.' My half hearted attempt to explain what had happened in my bedroom, seemed to be of great interest to Alex. I was reluctant to expand any further, after all, I had JUST met this guy. I didn't want him thinking he had some power that stopped me entering his mind, but what if he did? I hoped he didn't.

'Well, actually. I think I felt you, in my mind. I know I felt something...' He trailed off, looking embarrassed. He rubbed his temple, it seemed to be an unconscious gesture.

'Well, I don't know what happened. Maybe I was just stressed or something.' I suggested. It was the truth, I had been stressed, but that had never had any affect on my ability before. Or maybe its HIM, maybe he's too powerful. The thought floated across my brain, without my conscious mind having created it. I shook my head, trying to ignore the sinking feeling that had settled in my stomach.

'Yeah, maybe.' He mused aloud. I shivered, the cold was starting to get to me. I hadn't thought to put gloves on.

'I should probably go back inside now.' I gestured vaguely back towards my house, not taking my gaze from his. He nodded slightly.

'But maybe, we should, y'know, establish some...ground rules.' I didn't want to come across as bossy, but I also didn't want him thinking he could go right on ahead and dig into my thoughts like an all-you-can-eat buffet.

'Ground rules?' He knit his brows together, seemingly confused.

'Yeah, like we DON'T listen to each others thoughts. Sound good?' I waited expectantly for his reply. For a moment I had an odd feeling that he was going to disagree with me.

'Yep, that's fine with me.' Relief. A smile played around his lips.

'Ok, good. We definitely need to talk more, of course....' I bit my lip, thinking hard. We would have to talk more at school. It was the most private place I could think of, and by private I meant private from my family. I was going to have to do something about Amber though.

'Really? Good, cuz I thought for a moment there you were just trying to get rid of me. And I thought that we had loads more to talk about, not basing that on today's conversation of course. Not that it was bad but-' He caught sight of my widened eyes, he really could talk. A lot.

'Sorry, when I get nervous I talk a lot.' He grinned sheepishly at me, I couldn't help but smile back. He reminded me of Amber.

'I can see that. I really have to go, but we could talk more on Monday?' I was already checking the street was clear to cross.

'Ok, I'll be in the library after school.' He replied, and with a casual wave, he strolled lazily down the street. I stared after him for a moment. Well, that had been an...interesting conversation. I hadn't really found out much, but at least he wasn't a crazy stalker. Well, he wasn't from what I could tell. Even though we had talked, I couldn't help feeling it had left me with more questions, instead of answering the ones I already had. Who was Alex? Why hadn't I seen him at school before? Was he new? How could he read minds? Was reading minds all he could do? Question after question chased each other around my brain.

I was starting to make myself feel dizzy, not good. I do suffer from travel sickness.

I crossed the street and quietly slipped inside the front door, attempting to return unnoticed. I failed.

'Holly, did you get me the air freshener?' My mum yelled from the kitchen. How did she do that? I thought I had been so quiet.

'No, you didn't ask me for any!' I grumbled, I needed quieter shoes.

Mums face appeared in the doorway, the phone was still at her ear. I took it she was still on hold, surprise, surprise.

'Holly, I clearly remember asking you for air freshener.' She hissed, covering the speaker with her hand. Oh, NOW she was whispering.

'Well I didn't hear y-' I began, trying not to let my annoyance slip into my voice.

'Shhhh, I'm on the phone.' She screeched, and let the kitchen door fall shut again. I sighed. She was such a nurturing parent.

Grumbling to myself about annoying parents, I slowly traipsed upstairs, making a quick bathroom stop on the way to my bedroom.

I lay down on my purple quilted bed, and flicked my TV on. It took me a moment to remember it had broken two nights ago. It was the fourth TV in three months, I never intentionally broke them. They just seemed to die on me. Stupid unreliable TV's. I dropped the remote and grabbed a book to read. Settling myself down, I nestled in my covers and tried to forget about everything that had happened that day.

I spent most of that night reading, deliberating whether or not to mention Alex. I knew I should. I didn't. Instead I faced my dinner with a forced smile, thanking my Dad and his extraordinary culinary skills (note the sarcasm). I wolfed it down, and returned to my bedroom under the pretence of a headache. It was a slow night.

I slept badly, stirring in and out of consciousness, my dreams were odd. I woke at least three times in the night, panting, out of breath. Although I was never able to recall the dreams that awoke me.

I woke on Saturday morning, groggy from lack of sleep. I needed a little pick-me-up, so I pulled on my slippers, splashed a little cold water on my face, and headed downstairs for some good old fashioned coffee. Milk, and two sugars, the highlight of my morning.

When I entered the kitchen, I was momentarily blinded by the sunlight pouring in through the open blinds. I squinted around, and was able to recognize my mother's voice, and a vaguely familiar outline seated at the kitchen table. Ahh great.

'Morning Holly.' Mum greeted me in a loud, perky voice. I hate morning people.

'Mum, please, use your indoor voice,' I mumbled, still waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light. I think she frowned at me.

'Mum, there's a hobo at the dinner table,' I added, motioning towards the person sat at the table, as I took a seat opposite her.

'Shut up.' Kate moaned, twenty one years of age and she still had that whiney toddler voice down.

'Mum, the hobo's talking to me!' I added a little mock panic to my voice. My morning was turning out a little brighter then I'd expected.

'Don't start. Holly don't be rude to your sister.' Mum warned, waving her toast in my direction. When she turned away Kate stuck her tongue out at me.

'Very mature.' I muttered, and set about making myself coffee.

'So when'd you get here?' I asked, spooning generous amounts of sugar into my drink.

'Half and hour ago,' Kate replied, obviously not thrilled about visiting the family.

'She goes back to college next week, so in that time I don't want any arguing, name calling, fighting-' Mum began. I let her drone on, nodding in all the appropriate places.

Alex was on my mind. I couldn't shake all of the questions I still had for him. Monday had never seemed so far away.

The rest of Saturday flew by, I finished a few Science questions (and by a few I mean, a few), accompanied Dad and Kate on a shopping trip, and cleaned out the fish tank. Not a very productive day, but Brendon's tank DID need cleaning. Saturday night melted into Sunday morning, and all I could think about was Alex (not in a perverted way or anything) but I needed my questions to have answers.

I lazed around the house in my slippers and pj's for most of the day. Annoying Kate and completing a piece of homework that was long overdue were the only things on my to-do list. In fact, Sunday only picked up when Amber finally rang me that evening. I heard her politely request for my Dad to call me to the phone from upstairs. If she hadn't been the only person who ever called for me, I would have heard it was her anyway, she was so LOUD. I bounded downstairs, taking them two at a time, and snatched the phone from my Dad's outstretched hand.

'Hey,' I said into the phone. Her answering scream was deafening. I was forced to hold the phone about a foot away from me to protect my precious ears. My Dad chuckled.

'Whoa, Amber, slow down! What happened?' I demanded, I was surprised she could even hear me over the sound of her own scream. She had a healthy set of lungs on her, that's for sure.

'He, he, asked-' Was all she managed to choke out before a delighted scream overtook her again. I sighed.

'Dead puppies.' I said, in a loud voice. That shut her up.

'What? Dead pup-' She began, I cut across her, pleased my cunning plan had succeeded.

'Good, now that you've shut up deafening me, would you mind telling me what you are screaming about?' I replied, slightly annoyed. One of these days she was going to seriously deafen me.

'Ok, you know that guy, Jared, who works at the pet shop with me. And who I stare at basically every Science lesson, the one with the soft blonde hair, and gorgeous blue eyes and GREAT bod-' She was rambling again. Why must she always ramble?

'Yeah, what about him..?' I asked, humouring her. I had already guessed why she was so excited.

'HE ASKED ME OUT! IT WAS AT WORK, AND I WAS JUST STOOD THERE DOING NOTHING, um..I mean working, AND HE JUST CAME UP TO ME AND ASKED ME OUT! HOLLY, JARED MARKS ASKED ME OUT! LITTLE OLD ME!' I was unable to distinguish the rest of her words; her voice had become so shrill that I was pretty sure only dogs could hear her now. Still, I joined in with her elated screaming, assuring her I was doing a happy dance, and helped her dissect every single word he had said to her, because, well, that's just what best friends do.

'I just can't believe HE asked ME out! Me! Dear lord, I think I had a stroke at the time. Oh God I bet my mouth was just hanging open, I must've look like a retard.' She mused, a while later. Although we had gotten over the initial screaming stage, she was still lapsing into a fit of giggles every few minutes, in-between more word dissections. I was happy for her, and not in a I-have-to-be-happy-for-her-because-shes-my-best-friend-but-I-secretly-want-to-bop-her-in-the-face-for-bagging-such-a-hot-boyfriend way. I was genuinely pleased for her, and Jared WAS hot.

'Yeah, you probably did look a bit weird,' I agreed in a grave voice. 'But maybe he's into that kinda thing, y'know?' I teased, trying not to break my façade.

'Gasp! How rude! You are supposed to tell me that I looked fine, not that my new...boyfriend' Girly scream. 'Is into some weird sex stuff!' I heard the smile in her voice, somehow.

'Aw, you know I'm only joking...or am I?' I said the last part in a whisper, how I loved to tease Amber. I know it sounds mean, but she is just too easy to wind up. Anyway, she'd get me back, one day.

'Ok, I'm hanging up now, party pooper.' She said, not at all ruffled by my remarks.

'Ok, but you know I'm happy for you!'

'Of course I do!' She exclaimed, bursting into another fit of excited laughter. From my end of the phone it sounded like she was having a fit.

'Good. And for the love of God, never use the phrase 'party pooper' again.' I heard her answering giggle and hung up the phone. Well, at least someone had had a productive weekend.

I went to bed early that night, with Amber's overjoyed screams still echoing in my poor ears. I was impatient for Monday to arrive, and all the answers it would bring with it.

This chapter is dedicated to 'ColetteRedTape', my own personal superman :)

END OF PART TWO!

THE NEXT SECTION WILL BE IN CHAPTER 4!

Please do comment with feedback! I'm still working on this story! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 5.2K 17
"I think this could be the best thing to happen to all of you!" Fem!reader Also warning for swears if that bothers you, there's some, not too much in...
468K 12.8K 39
19.3K 163 37
Supernatural imagines! That's exactly it - just wrote these for fun so have a read if you want lolz. 😊🥰