Chapter 6- Amber (Part 2) REWIND.

NOTICE!!

THIS IS CHAPTER 6 (Amber) IN HOLLY'S PERSPECTIVE AND SO CONTINUES FROM WHERE I LEFT OFF IN CHAPTER 5!

HOLLY'S P.O.V

STOP IT! STOP! STOP! STOP!

It was all I could here. His thoughts filled my mind. I gasped, my head snapping around to stare at him, He looked normal, quietly picking at his pasta. I must be hearing it wrong. I turned back to my tray, staring at in with unfocused eyes. I listened harder:

-OP! STOP! STOP! STOP!

What was going on? He sounded tortured, and yet his face betrayed nothing. I retracted, feeling my mind pull from others, and withdraw back to me. I felt sick, my heart banged against my ribs, and my head ached. I heard the tormented screams echoing in my ears. Now nothing more then the ghost of a shadow. I shuddered. Whatever was going on, was not good. Although only mere seconds had passed, it felt like a lifetime. I stood up.

'Sorry, I don't feel well...' I trailed off, trying to avoid the curious looks. Grabbing my tray, I hurried to bin its contents and stash it on the trolley next to the entrance of the cafeteria. I rushed out, I needed, I needed, what did I need? I needed to build a time machine and stop myself from ever hearing, whatever it was I'd just heard. I needed to run in there and ask Alex what the hell was going on. I needed,,,

I needed some fresh air.

I pushed open the door leading to the school field, relishing the cool breeze that washed over me, cleansing me. I drifted to the nearest bench, setting my bag next to me. I closed my eyes, and tried to concentrate on the wind. The feel of it, caressing my face and neck. I took a deep breath, think calming thoughts. I tried to imagine a beach in the middle of nowhere. It was a nice image; the sea gently embraced the coast, where miles of soft golden sand stretched out in front of me. It was as I was thinking these calming, yet completely meaningless thoughts, I heard a yell that seemed to come from a long way off.

'Holly! Why are you sat here on your lonesome?' I opened my eyes, and saw Amber jogging towards me, not looking where she was going, as usual. Her foot caught on something in the grass, and the next thing I knew she was lying in a heap at my feet. Dust swirling around her, making it hard to see her face. I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it. The look on her face was priceless. If only I carried a camera. When I finally stopped laughing, and the dust had settled, I saw Amber shaking her head, probably trying to clear any lingering dirt from her hair. I stood up, offering her my hand.

'Here,' I tried to hold back another bubble of laughter, threatening to break through to the surface. I THINK it worked. I helped Amber up, and watched as she brushed herself off. A random 'woo' burst through her lips, I couldn't even begin to imagine what train of thought she had been on. Her face had settled into a sombre expression, she was obviously preparing for whatever speech she had memorised this time. What is it with her and her speeches? She should seriously be a motivational speaker or something. That is if she didn't drive them all to suicide with never ending anecdotes about the time she hit her first crush in the face with a tin of dog food or whatever.

'Holly I'm sorry. I just wanted to see if Alex liked you and I was mean. Sorry, sorry. If you don't say it's ok then I will follow you around forever and keep saying sorry until you forgive me. I will even be there when you are on the toilet and-' Amber began. Now I got it, she thought she was the reason I'd stormed out, rather dramatically I might add.

'Don't be a retard. S'not your fault. I seriously don't feel well.' I rolled my eyes at her. She was seriously flattering herself if she thought she caused every little dramatic exit. Then again, she was usually the one doing the dramatic exits, so I guess it takes one to know one.