The Hybrid ( BOOK I & II)

By Weirdly_Sarcastic

"Do you really want me, all of me? I'm not like other werewolves or vampires. I can't mark you, I can't fully... More

Book ONE
SNEAK PEEK
Ch.1 The Hybrid
Ch.2 Remy Monroe
Ch.3 Happy Or Sad
Ch.4 My Choice
Ch.5 Pale Skin
Ch.6 Awkward
Ch.7 Mary Jane
Ch.8 Kisses
Q & A
Ch.9 First Tears
Ch.10 Sex
Ch.11 Close Friends
Ch.12 Naughty Boy
Ch.13 Bitch
Ch.14 Fried Chicken
Ch.15 Date Night (Part I)
Ch.15 Date Night (Part II)
Ch.16 Reality
Ch.17 Jealousy
Ch.18 Dark Thoughts
Ch.19 Love Bites
Ch.20 The Beast
Ch.21 Blackout
Ch.22 Hearts Connected
Ch.23 Surprise
Ch. 24 Reunited
Ch.25 Blushing Bride
Ch.26 Booty Love
Ch.27 Bubble Baths & Babbies
Ch.28 Birthday
Ch.29 Beau
Ch.30 Sexcation (rated R)
Ch.31 Safe
Ch.32 Medicine
Ch.33 Nosebleeds
Ch.34 Naked
Ch.35 The Unknown
Ch.36 Caught
Ch.37 Wolves In The Night
Ch.38 Maddox
Ch.39 Salt & Nanas
Ch.40 Powder Complexion
Ch.41 Now & Forever
Ch.42 Beauty With The Beast
The Final Puzzle Piece
Epilogue
BOOK TWO
Sneak Peek
Ch.1 Train Station
Ch.2 Good Memories
Ch.3 Balls Off
Ch.4 Ava's Mate
Ch.5 It's Disgusting
Ch.6 Love Don't Die
Ch.7 Tattoos & Scars
Ch.8 Make A Choice
Ch.9 Avadox All The Way
Ch.10 Signs Of Love
Ch.11 Thorn In My Flesh
Ch.13 Heartache
Ch.14 Daddy's Little Girl
Ch.15 The Scary Truth
Ch.16 A Kiss Of Honesty
Ch.17 The End For Now

Ch.12 Trouble

59.2K 3.1K 351
By Weirdly_Sarcastic

You and me got a whole lot of history

We could be the greatest team that the world has ever seen

You and me got a whole lot of history

So don't let it go, we can make some more, we can live forever

___________

But the second he heard a loud cry in the distance, his heart lurched in his chest. Jumping down the tree house, Maddox followed Ava's scent. When the smell of her blood overpowered Maddox's scenes, he ran even faster.  Spotting her beautiful blonde curls, Maddox kneeled at Ava's side, as the girl laid on her stomach, four hunting arrows lodged deep into her back.

Maddox growled loudly in anger and worry at the sight of his wounded mate. Who would dare hurt her? Struggling to keep calm Maddox listened for an enemy, but was greeted with a dangerous silence.

Maddox leaned closer to Ava and pushed her blonde curls from her face, yelling for help. As Maddox waited for someone to come, he could feel the frustration building up within him. Ava wasn't responding and it wasn't like he could check for a heartbeat or a pulse. The only thing that kept him sane in that moment, was the fact that he still felt their mate bond intact.

Deciding that help was taking too long, Maddox carefully pulled the arrows out with shaky hands. The tips of the arrows were laced with a inky black liquid that burnt Ava's flesh like acid as he pulled them out. Gritting his teeth, he hurried to put pressure on the open wounds with his shirt. Her blood was leaking through his shirt within seconds and Maddox swore he would kill whoever harmed Ava.

Lifting her with gentleness and care, Maddox held Ava close to his chest as he hurried in the direction of the pack house.

Life seemed to be playing a cruel trick on them, constantly laying stones in their way. They didn't deserve any of it.

Reaching the pack house, Maddox's grunted at the thought of their pack being under attack. Yet, the thought quickly disappeared when Maddox realized that there would have been more commotion.  And so far the forest had been silent.

Busting through the front door, Maddox steadied Ava in his arms again, which had quickly became difficult with the steady blood flow from her wounds that wetted his hands. Maddox nearly ran Silas over, as he hurried to the hospital rooms on the second floor.

"What happened?!" Silas yelled worriedly at the sight of his sister, in Maddox's arms.

"Call Remy and tell Roman to hold a pack meeting. The pack might be in danger." Maddox growled out, pushing his way into the hospital area of the house, leaving Silas in the hall.

"Where's Mike?" Maddox, asked the tiny nurse referring to the pack doctor.

The small she wolf, stared at Maddox and then Ava, her face flushed. "... At  h-h..home."

Maddox gently laid Ava down onto the last hospital bed, closest to the window, before pulling the privacy curtain closed. Turning around he stalked over to the nurse and pushed his phone in her hands. "Call him and tell him if he isn't here in the next five minutes, I'll rip out his spine with my bare hands."

Giving the nurse another threatening look, he watched with angry eyes as she moved to the other end of the room and called the doctor with a hushed voice.

Satisfied just a little, Maddox walked over to the supply cabinet and pulled out all types of gauzes he could find. Rushing back to Ava, Maddox removed his bloodied shirt from her body and began to patch up the wounds as best as he could.

His fingers ghosted around her back, as he struggled to gain his composure. Anger, desperation, grief and fear began to consume his body, as he continued to patch up her wounds. He had no clue what he was doing, but stopping the bleeding was always right.  Right?

Maddox stood above Ava, as she lay limp on the small bed, her skin powder white and covered in a thin sheen of sweat. Her usually rosy cheeks had lost all their color and Maddox prayed she survived her wounds.

Just the thought of her not surviving, made Maddox's heart drop to his stomach. He couldn't live without her now that they had finally gotten somewhere. Being together with your mate wasn't supposed to be this hard.

And if Maddox found out that Sebastian was behind this attack, the boy would be a head shorter.

*

"Call your uncle, tell him it's code red. Tell Roman to hold an emergency pack meeting, he'll know what to do. I want you to wait with Sawyer for Levi to arrive. And make sure Maddox doesn't kill anyone before I get there."

Silas nodded, holding the phone between him and Sawyer as the listened to their fathers orders. "Don't worry dad, will catch the bitch who did this."

"We love you, we'll be there as soon as we can." Remy said before, hanging up on the boys.

"I'll call uncle Levi. You call Roman and get as many pack members together as you can." Sawyer told his twin, before pulling out his own phone as he hurried in the direction of Ava's scent.

Standing before the hospital unit, Sawyer dialed Levi's number. After the second try Sawyer was ready to throw his phone against the wall, just when Levi picked up.

Sawyer made quick work to inform Levi about the situation.

"Let me talk to Maddox." Levi rushed out, fumbling to get dressed.

Sawyer ran into the hospital room, practically throwing the phone at Maddox, as soon as he seen him.

"What?!" Maddox answered the phone, while watching closely as the pack doctor treated Ava's wounds.

Sawyer left the room and sniffed out the scent of his twin brother. Spotting his brother in the crowded group room of the pack house, he pushed his way over. The pack members were whispering amongst each other with worried expressions on their faces.

"Roman's holding a meeting in five." Silas said as soon as he met his brothers eyes.

"She'll be fine." Sawyer tried assuring his brother, when he seen the uncertainty and worry in Silas's pale blue eyes.

"I hope your right."  Sawyer hoped so too.

**

After the pack meeting, the Monroe family was gathered in Ava's new and private hospital room. Remy and Genevieve in the forefront, as Roman, Silas and Sawyer settled for the tiny couch across from the bed.  Maddox stood off to the side, muscles tense as he listened to Levi and Mike inform them about Ava's condition.

"... That's what's causing the tattoo like swirls on her skin, it's the poison spreading in her body. We are not sure what will happen once it reaches her heart, but we're trying not to let it get there. Right now she's as stable as she can be with the poison in her body and will have to see what happens over night."

As much as Maddox wanted to stay by Ava's side, he quietly snuck out of the room. He couldn't do it. He couldn't sit in a room with Ava's family and pretend he wasn't her mate. He wanted to hold Ava's hand and whisper to her that everything was going to okay. That she was strong enough to fight the poison and awake from her coma induced state.

Walking into the empty kitchen, Maddox leaned against the counter and tried to regain his composure. Just as he was ready to go back in Ava's room, her phone began to vibrate in the back pocket of his jeans. She had left it up in the tree house.

"Hello?" Maddox answered quietly, his nerves completely shot.

Harsh breathing was heard over the line before it went dead.

___________

I'm not really happy with this chapter because I can't write rushed-drama scenes well.

Who do you think did it?

Where do you think the story is going?

Almost everybody said it was Sebastian. Is he not too sweet for something like shooting Ava in the back?

Fast update so reward me with awesome comments! :D

Votes: 260 & Comments: 150

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8M 2M 172
Highest Rankings: #1 Vampire #1 Paranormal #1 Fantasy #1 Supernatural #1 Action #1 Dragon #5 Romance #5 Wattpad's AD App 100 MOST READ LIST! Her body...
561K 11.5K 30
(Editing) "Why don't you like your body, beautiful?" Dominic asks with those huge beautiful sad eyes. "All the girls here are skinny, they got a beau...
49.5K 1.2K 31
"'Jason!', I moaned out. I could feel his member twitch inside of me as he let out a shaky breath. I always knew the effect my moans had on him. Our...
567K 31.8K 66
Both have Alpha blood. Edith Silva is on a mission for one thing: get her pack back. Can she take it back in time? West Stryder is on a mission for p...