↠ wild spirit {calum hood au}...

By tchaikensky

"oh really so what are you then? miss piano slash cello girl?" "the angel from your nightmares." "is that so... More

↠ wild spirit {c.h} ↠
prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09 /scarlett/
10 /calum/
11
12
14
15
epilogue
update

13

15.2K 496 170
By tchaikensky

+PLEASE READ ENDING NOTE V V IMPORTANT+

it's winter now ok bye

scarlett's pov

I've been practicing my piece for a few days now; the same classes everyday, the same people; everything is the same. Violet transfered out of NYU, because she said it's "too easy for her" which ever makes her happy, honestly. I have the entire dorm to myself; the blue painted walls with creme carpets; it gives off a calm, soothing vibe, but in reality; it's just another room.

I sat in the bed I called my own, I stood in front of the mirror; looking at my reflection. The now faded auburn hair cascaded down my back and the front of my chest, my eyes, shining due to the reflection the sun gave off. I never really took time to notice the way my eyes looked; the way the colors would shine in the sunlight, the way the blue near my pupil would shine next to the outer green; a lovely shade. I pulled on the ends of my hair; smilling. Today, I will dye my hair black.

~*~

I walk out of the local market on one of the numerous busy streets of New York; the buses stopping to pick up passengers, the people meeting their family in small diners; the holiday spirit was in the air. I skip down the street, waving at people who smile polite smiles my direction; probably a sympathetic smile since I am walking by myself on a holiday break.

I got inside the building, stopping by my neighbor's dorm, who I've become to know fairly well. "Hello?" She answered the door, her blonde hair in a sloppy ponytail, make-up slightly smeared.

"Hello, Ava; how are you?" I smiled sweetly, she eyed me.

"Fine, wh-"

"You're going to help me color my hair black!" I exclaimed, dragging her into my dorm. I dropped the bag on the desk near my bed. "So, I'll rinse my hair out and you get the dye ready okay?" I called from the bathroom; running my hair under cold water.

"Why now? It's nearly ten PM, Scarlett." Ava complained from the other room.I ran back to Ava, my haira dripping wet. "Why black though?" She asked, holding the box in her hand, examining the words on the back.

"Because, my eyebrows are dark and I want to go dark." I explained, "isn't it self-explanitory?" I asked, in a 'duh' tone.

"Shut up or I won't help you." She snapped.

We waited ten minutes before I took a shower, watching some of the extra dye come out of my hair; I finished washing my hair and body. "Now we dry!" Avan called, running into the bathroom with a hair dryer. "God, Scar, put some clothes on." She covered her eyes with her hand, laughing. I shurugged, wrapping myself tighter in the towel sitting in front of Ava.

"Please?" I begged, sticking my lip out.

"Fine, sit forward so I can dry." She pushed my face towards the mirror, she dried my hair, burning a few spots of my head. I watched my hair turn dry; the dark color becoming more prominant. I smiled, watching Ava stand up and leave the room. "All done. Get ready, you're going to go out. I'm going to Kyle's dorm later." She winked walking out of my room. I sighed heavily, looking towards my cello and back to the bathroom.

"Why not.." I sighed, walking into the bathroom to get ready to go outside. My green eyes popped with the black hair; it gave my eyes the extra detail they were missing. I looked through my plain black make-up bag; finding a silver and grey eye shadow, black mascara, and red lipstick. I shrugged and applied my make-up. "Ow, fuck." I rubbed my eye, the mascara brush stabbed me in the eye.

I finished my make-up, looking in the mirror, I smiled. My eyes looked a shade brighter, my lips were a pale creme, I decided to ditch the red. I smiled once again, walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom area. I pulled out a black pair of leggings, a black aztec pattern hoodie and my black combat boots; needless to say, I like black. I smiled at the reflection I saw in the mirror; ignoring my insecurites. I walked out of the dorm and headed to Times Square.

It's the best place to be at Christmas time.

calum's pov

"I'm home" I yelled, dragging my suitcase through the doors of the familiar house. Footsteps came closer to me, I was wrapped in a hug from Amaya.

"I missed you." She said into the crook of my neck, hugging my waist like her life depended on it.

"I missed you too, Amae" (a-may) i laughed, dropping my bags to hug her back. I rubbed her hair, then scratched her back. "How's school been?" I asked, taking my bags back up to my room.

"Good, I guess. We went to the NYU practice concert type thing; it was basically a seating test but it wasn't; so it was kinda like a practice seating test." She explained, sitting in the bean bag chair in the corner.

"Oh?" I asked, unpacking my bags and putting the clothes into my dresser. "How was that?" I dropped my bag on the floor, falling back onto my bed. The same dark blue duvet and sheets were still on my bed.

All the posters were still hung up on the walls of my room, the various soccer players, bands, and random pictures I taped on my wall.

"It was good actually, i have a favorite from the cello section; she played a really pretty song. She looked really familiar." She was now laying upside down in the chair; twisting her hair into little spirals.

"I don't want to hear it Amaya." I groaned, stuffing my hands in my face.

"You don't even know who I'm talking about." She huffed ,"besides, Scarlett quit cello."

"Really?" I asked, anxious to hear why.

"No she still plays." She smiled, "she is my favorite in the cello section." She smiled deviously at me. "Well I'm going to see Violet now, bye." She called running down the stairs of our smaller house.

I took the landscape drawing of Times Square out of my bag and grabbed the beanie and scarf out of my bag and made my way out of the house. The city was just as busy, if not busier due to the holidays. The familar sounds of cars honking and car engines running. The snow fell, leaving snowflakes all over the cement; the lights of the Times Square central, made it so I didn't need a flashlight. I stopped in middle of the sidewalk, looking at the picture, the bright red colors, the brown bench, and the snow falling over the bench and in the distance. This was the exact spot she drew this in; or at least I think it is. I sat down on the bench, listening to the cars, the people passing by, the footsteps on the pavement. It was peaceful, unusually peaceful. The sound brought some kind of ease to me; it felt right.

While admiring my suroundings, a body stopped right in front of me, blocking my view of the lights. "Do you mind?" I asked, my voice has become deeper since I was last in New York. I tried loooking up to see her face, but all I saw was black hair.

"Do you mind?" She asked, snapping at me, "I always come here." She sassed.

"Okay, little miss princess," I snarled at her, "then I'll leave, enjoy." I snapped getting up and walked away.

I heard footsteps chase behind me, "hold on!" The girls voice from earlier called, "I'm sorry." She muttered, barely audible.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I smirked,

"Shut up." She snapped, "it tasted like vinegar coming out of my mouth." I laughed; sometthing about her seemed refreshing. Familiar.

"So, tell me about yourself?" I asked, walking up the street with her, the lights becoming more ambient.

"Well, I just dyed my hair black today." She laughed, music was all I heard. "Um.." She paused, "I like music." She laughed again.

"What kind?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Classical music is my favorite." Her head turned toward me, smiling.

"You know, you sound a lot like someone I know." I smiled, a vauge smile; the memory of her brought happiness and sadness to my mind; the desire to see her again grew.

"Do I?"

"Indeed, I'm actually gonna head back to the benches, I'm waiting to see if that person will be there." I said, walking back to the benches, my heart ached for her; to see her again, to hold her again, to kiss her again; to be with her.

scarlett's pov

Acting isn't my best field of work, but I guess I'm good enough at it to fool him into thinking I'm not me.

I saw him, sitting on the benches, watching the lights of the town and looking at a paper. I walked closer to him to see what it was; my drawing of Times Square in winter. I decided to have a little fun; even though a big part of me was begging to run up to him and kiss the life out of his face; but I also wanted to slap every inch of his face, his gorgeous face. I approached him, made a conversation; because that's what you're supposed to do once you see someone you were once, so infatuated with, someone you adored; you act normal.

We walked into the down, he hadn't noticed anything, not even my voice, which hasn't changed from the last time we talked.

The last thing he said to me, "indeed, I'm actually gonna head back to the benches, I'm waiting to see if that person will be there." Made my heart race; he wanted to see if I'd show up. I ran towards him, smiling like a complete goon.

"Calum!" I hollered, his body whipped around.

"How do you kn-" I slammed my lips onto his; closing any gaps between our bodies. "Who are you?" He pushed me off of him, he looked across my face and around every inch of my body. "Sc-Scarlett?" He stuttered, I bit my lip and smiled. Making a mental note never to do that again; considering that I probably looked like an ape when I bit my lip.

"You rang?" I smiled, hugging him. "I missed you quite a lot." I smiled into his chest. He still had the distinct smell of fruits and spearmint.

"I missed you too." He laughed. Nothing could've been better, but nothing is ever this good without something hidded; or something that'll go wrong within a matter of hours.

"How about we walk?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I pulled it away instantly.

"Why did you leave without telling me?" I asked, my heart dropping; along with my smile.

"I didn't want to hurt you, Scar."

"Scarlett." I corrected.

"Don't do that." He begged.

"It's Scarlett." I snapped. "Why did you leave?" I asked again, looking for an answer.

"I didn't want to tell you," he ran his long fingers through his hair, "I just wanted you to forget about me."

"You think by leaving would help me forget you?" I raised my voice, fellow pedestrians looked at us as if we were escaped zoo animals. "It only made me remember you more!" I cried.

"I'm sorry, Scarlett, I'm sorry." His voice faded, "I'm sorry." He engulfed me into an embrace, showing all the affection and sorrow he could.

"Sorry won't repair things once you leave again." I said softly into him.

"At least we have this holiday break together. I'll transfer over here once this year is over I promise." He kissed my feshly dyed black hair.

"No, you've done too much to get to where you are now." I let go of him, forcing myself out of the embrace. "We have this holiday, why not enjoy it?" I smiled.

"Great idea." He smiled back at me.

~*~*~*~*

I got back to my dorm after my encounter with Calum, smiling to myself. I took off my sweatshirt, the only remaing top I had on was a purple sports bra, and my leggings. I crawled in bed and buried my head into my pillow.

Karma is a bitch, Mr. Hood.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

oOoOo scarlett water u doing omg

no she isn't going to leave

she's just gonna do something and im gonna peE I TOLD YOU GUYS IM EXCITED OH MY FRICKLE FRACKLE.

so this' coming to an end here soon (like chapter 20/22-ish) bc this is a short story, but this is NOT the end right now, I promise.

question: who are your favorite bands besides 5sos/1d? mine are fob, p!atd, ptv, classical music omfg, and yeah a lot of classical music hA.

pls answer bc i wanna see if any of us have the same faves omg

vote, comment, share, fan, enjoy.<3

lots of love, ken.

stay safe beautiful. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 1.9K 46
calum hood + ariana grande *SOCIAL MEDIA*
1.8M 47.2K 46
He told her he was a fan. They became friends. She told him everything. He fell for her. I guess you shouldn't believe everyone you meet online... Th...
1.2K 27 36
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬, 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦."/"𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚�...
466K 15K 55
He had everything....but she had nothing Book 1/4 of the Misunderstood series. ©Copyright - 2014/2015 CakeMashtonLover ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. #4 cal...