Stranger Not So Danger

rosegolden_ द्वारा

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... अधिक

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face

11.3K 331 36
rosegolden_ द्वारा

Lindsey's POV:

As we rounded the corner of the gym doors where he had stopped me before, he gently let go of my hand.

I looked up at him with a face of confusion and kind of anger.

"What in the world were you thinking!" I 'whisper-yelled' to him a little harshly.

He rubbed the back of his neck and gave a little, 'Oops, I can try to explain' face.

"Okay, first of all, I'm really sorry. Second, my name is Jake." he explains to me.

"Yea, I kinda figured out your first name," I replied with a little sass.

He continued, "So, before I came to the game, my mom was bugging me again about why I don't have a girlfriend. So, to stop her from asking, I told her I did have one. But, the only problem was, I really didn't."

I was a little confused.

"So, why did you decide to pick me?" I asked.

"I saw you with the spirit squad when I was sitting on the bench. I noticed you had a gold star instead of the red hearts everyone else had. Why?"

I then explained the whole story of why my sticker was different, and how I wasn't really part of the squad, to this random stranger.

Great, now he looks confused.

I then got a text from my mom.

Mom: Five minutes away.

I quickly texted back, 'ok' and continued the conversation.

"Sorry, continue?" I said to him.

"Can I explain it to you over text?" he then asked me.

He wants my number?

Not thinking, I switched phones with him and we input each other's numbers into the other device.

As he handed my phone back to me, it lit up and started to buzz. It was my mom.

"Okay, I've got to go," I told Jake.

"Oh," I added, "and to be completely honest, I have never given my number to a total stranger before."

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying 'stranger danger' before?" he replied. "Yea," I replied softly, "but I think your more of a stranger, not so much danger."

He let out a little smirk, and I turned around with a smile on my face and exited the gym.

What just happened?

Jake's POV:

She was the perfect girl to be my fake girlfriend, if that makes sense. She was beautiful, smart, witty, and definitely unique.

But, only one problem, I have no idea how she feels about me. My heart started to beat rapidly as I grabbed my duffle bag and walk out the gym doors.

I took out my keys from the side pocket of my bag and started my truck.

As I was driving home, I couldn't get the thought of her out of my head.

'Lindsey', I thought to myself. Huh, pretty name too.

Lindsey's POV:

When I got home, I immediately took off all the gunk that was on my face, also known as 'makeup'.

It wasn't that I completely hated it, I just didn't like the extra stuff, like foundation, concealer, and dramatic eyeshadow. A little mascara is all I needed.

Then, I jumped in the shower and washed the curls out of my hair.

As I buried myself in my comforter, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

'Jake Levi' played through my mind like a record on repeat, playing a sad, but joyous song, that you can't really understand.

Over, and over, and over again.

~~~

I woke up the next morning already knowing my hair was as big as Mufasa's mane in The Lion King.

I got up, and cold shocked through my body when my feet hit the freezing hard wood floors of my bedroom.

I walked to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth.

I put on a loose mauve colored t-shirt, and light washed skinny jeans with little cuts and rips in them.

I slipped on my high top white sneakers, grabbed my jacket, and headed downstairs.

My dad had already made me breakfast. In my family, it was the opposite way around.

My mom went to work early in the morning, and my dad prepared breakfast for me and him before he left for work.

He made some cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries for himself, and yogurt with granola and strawberries for me.

I quickly ate my delicious breakfast, and then heard a honk coming from outside. It was Karra.

"Bye dad," I said while walking to the door.

"Bye sweetie, have a good day at school!"

But, today he wasn't going to work. He was going to leave on a business trip for a week or two.

I opened the passenger side door of Karra's black Range Rover, and jumped inside.

"Hey Karra," I said to her.

"Hey Linds," she answered. "What do you want to listen to?"

We always had a little 'jam session' on our way to school. I let her choose the songs on the music app, and we were on our way.

We pulled into the parking lot, and parked farther away from the actual school buildings.

We were only juniors, so seniors got number one parking priority. I grabbed my black backpack and started walking to our usual hang out spot.

As I got there, I saw Leia already sitting down, and our other friend, Jaymie, was sitting across the table from her.

"Hey guys!" Leia said excitedly.

Jaymie waved and smiled at us.

"Hi," I said while sitting down next to Leia. Karra sat across from me.

"So, how was the game last night?" Jaymie asked us.

Oh great, the game.

"It was a good one!" Karra replied.

"And guess what! I convinced Linds to join the spirit squad!" Karra said excitedly.

Jaymie gasped.

I butted in, "Um, no you didn't, I said I would do it one time. And that was the one time." I responded.

Karra sighed under her breath.

"Anything else?" Jay asked.

"Oh, there was one of the basketball players casually glancing at Linds once in a while." Leia added.

"Oo!" Jay said. I blushed a little.

"Shut up, Leia!" I said playfully, "That's not true," I added.

I still hadn't told them about my little encounter with Jake after the game last night.

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed.

Great, it was from Jake.

Jake: Hi

I knew I had to respond, but maybe a in like a few minutes.

The bell was gonna ring in five minutes, so I'd text him then, and then he wouldn't have time to respond.

The bell rang, and it was 7:55, five minutes to get to class. While walking to class, I texted him back.

Me: Hey

~~~

First period was such a bore. It was chemistry, and we barely did any lab work, just book work. None of my friends were in that class either, so I couldn't wait for it to be over.

We could use our phones in that class, since our teacher didn't care, so I pulled mine out. I had a text message notification, from, you'll never guess, Jake.

Jake: I'm really sorry about last night. Is there anything else you want me to explain to you?

He cared. He really, genuinely cared about the situation. I felt a little warmth in my heart, even though he started this whole situation anyways. I knew I had to respond.

Me: Um, no not really anything I'm curious about. Thanks for checking :)

I put one of those semicolon parentheses smiley faces, because emojis are too personal.

I slipped my phone back into my backpack and continued doing my work. The bell rang, and I walked to where my friends and I met for recess.

They called our 10 minute break 'recess', but it's not like we really did anything productive.

We didn't have time to. So I used that time as a prime moment to eat my snacks. I pulled my goldfish out, (the rainbow ones, of course) and started snacking.

I shared with my friends as well.

As the bell rang to go to our next class, I stuffed a handful of goldfish in my mouth and started walking.

As I was munching, I passed by Jake, with my mouth FULL of goldfish. He just smiled and mumbled to me, "Cute," and walked past.

I gave a little puffy faced smile as he walked past me. After he said that, all I muttered to myself was: Stupid.

A/N:

Hey all my daisies! How did you like this chapter? Can you relate to it? I think I can. I am literally one of the most clumsy, awkward people you'll ever meet. Okay, haha, back to the chapter. Thank you so much for reading! Please vote, comment, and share! Constructive criticism always helps! Much mahalos!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
3.7K 401 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
112K 2.1K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
Dear Universe, ✔ K द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

478K 28K 38
"Don't leave, Annie. We can figure this out." I'm begging and just when I think she's going to give in, she turns and starts to walk away. I can feel...