Change Me | feat. EXO

By kumanekochan

Story of a girl who has secluded herself all throughout her highschool life, to avoid unnecessary situations... More

Foreword
[01] Let her be safe...
[02] Chances and New Student
[03] Warmth
[04] A Friend
[05] Rivalry
[06] Trouble
[07] Fate
[08] Brother
[09] Misunderstanding
[10] Meet My Brother
[11] Kai's POV I
[12] Kai's POV II
[13] Notice me
[14] Trust
[15] Can I hug you?
[16] All souls day
[17] Punishment
[18] Dad please save me
[19] You're going to regret it...
[20] A New Student
[21] A friend?
[22] Go out with me?
[23] I Love You
[24] Unexpected
[25] Family Dinner
[26] Officially
[27] A Day With You - Part 1
[28] A Day With You - Part2
[29] Sudden revelation
[30] Moving In
[31] A Moment of Paranoia
[32] Tease
[33] Finally Complete
[34] Morning Kisses
[35] Why Me?
[36] Surprise!
[37] Message
Not an update!
[38] Just For One Day
[39] One More Thing
[40] Show off!
[41] All cured
[43] I'll do it!
[44] What happened...
[45] What actually happened...
[46] Not Your Fault
[47] We need to talk...
[48] Thank You
[49] Who Are You?
[50] Why Didn't You Tell Me?
[51] Porridge
[52] Additional
[53] Baekhyun
[54] Will You?
[55] Will You? Part Two
[56] Skyscraper
[57] Gallop
[58] Ending A Wonderful Day
[59] Mastermind
[60] Stalking Is Hassle
[61] Do I Look Okay?
[62] Want To Be Connected
[63] Conclusion
[64] Final

[42] I Won't Give Up Just Yet

2.9K 61 2
By kumanekochan

My feet itches.

Not literally though. When I say it itches, what I mean is itches to move and run away from where I was at right now. This is seriously starting to become really troublesome.

"Could you please stop that!" I groaned just enough for both of us to hear only, but I guess I was failing on that part, since I noticed some who turned their head towards us. I can't hold back myself from getting annoyed.

"What? Is it bad to touch my fiance's arm?" she said giggling and I internally groaned glaring at her. As much as I want to scream onto her face to 'stop daydreaming', I can't. Although I'm totally against what was happening right now. But I don't think making the only daughter of the Choi's─who in some way made a name for theirselves─be embarrassed in front of everyone(peasant as to how they address them) would be a great idea. My father objecting the arrange marriage is enough to make them almost become our enemy. I don't want my parents to suffer more damage, so I guess I had to keep up with this one for now.

I was trying to concentrate on the lessons as my homeroom teacher continues to speak in front. But her, sitting beside me, on Hyunjae's chair even, gave me a hard time to focus, and made me want to just stand up and walk out of this annoying and boring class. For me that is, since Hyunjae's nowhere around to make my dull day bright.

I can't believe this girl had just announced to everyone that I'm her fiance─although she knows very well we're not anymore. How many times do I have to tell her that we're not?

As soon as I stepped in the classroom and her announcing the most ridiculous thing in the world, everyone bombarded me with equally ridiculous questions.

"Kai is it true?"

"Oppa! tell us it isn't true!"

"Lucky bastard!"

"It is definitely lies."

"True. That couldn't be."

"Wait does that mean Kai oppa and that mute girl had broken up?"

Mute girl? upon hearing it made me growl, "Say that again and I'll make sure you're the ones who'll be muted even before you get out of this room," and that's enough for everyone to stop asking and went back from their respective seats. That's when our homeroom teacher went in and I went towards my own seat. I peered in the front, and I saw her still standing there all smiling stupidly and it confused me. Why is she here btw? Why isn't our teacher not surprised to see her? And as if on cue my teacher spoke.

"Okay guys, it looks like Ms. Choi here already had introduced herself to all of you. Have you?" he said turning his gaze towards her and she nodded eagerly. What's the meaning of this? Don't tell me? it made my eyerows furrowed in the middle when the most absurd thing came into me.

"Ms. Yura here will be staying for only one week just to experience how is the school like here in Korea. I'm hoping everyone's full cooperation on this. And might as well, keep her company and offer her any help if she needed any." as soon as our teacher finished talking it made me sigh in relief. One week? It's much better than her staying here for good. I can't imagine what I'll do if ever 'that' really happens. And it made me shiver from the very thought. Her being able to enter the school, just to "experience" how it's like schooling here, made me scoffed internally. Just how much money did they pay the school so she could enter anyway?

"I guess for now, you can take..." our teacher traveled his eyes around the room looking for-- wait, NO, please just-- "there! it looks like Ms. Park is cutting again?" and I just hate how her expression changes from smiling to grinning(stupidly) when she noticed where our teacher was pointing at.

"Sir, Ms. Wu is not cutting classes. Hyunjae's sick and she's at the clinic right now, resting." and I saw our teacher easily shrugged my explanation. So obvious that he's more concerned with the guest.

"Right she's Wu now. Sorry about that. So settled down now kids and let's start..." and he started flipping his book. 

As soon as the bell rings, I hastily stood up planning to go directly to the clinic when I felt a hand tugged me.

"Hyung?" 

"Are you going to the clinic?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'm coming too..." he said taking his bag and slinging it on his back. We're about to walk out of the room when we heard her spoke behind us. I totally forgot about her because I'm totally distracted with Hyunjae's situation. Both me and Luhan turned to her and that stupid smile is still plastered on her face.

"You're Luhan right? I think we've met before... you're Hyunjae's friend? or was it more than that?" you can hear that there's somewhat meaning behind each word. Mock? Tease? or whatnot...she said it nonchalantly totally ignoring my existence.

Luhan hyung looked at her then at me, a bit confused. He looked back at her and what he said next made me snickered lightly and it's just so funny how her reaction changes from all flirty to becoming smashed-on-the-face. Mouth hanging open and eyes wide.

"Who are you?" 

I don't know if he's pretending to not now her or not. But I had to give him credit for that. 

"Are you being serious?" she said in a much venomous tone. Luhan glanced at me and I just blinked.

"Sorry, but I don't know any other girl in school aside from Hyunjae-ah and the teachers," he deadpanned. I guffawed internally. "If you don't need anything else we'll be going ahead, someone's waiting for us." even before she could say something more, we both walked out of the room leaving her behind.

"Are you being serious that you can't remember her?" I asked him as we both trail our way towards the nurse' office. I know hyung isn't really fond of making friends same as Hyunjae, after what happened to him before. But him not recalling Yura is a bit...

"Of course I remember her. Very much!" he said rolling his eyes, so I guessed it right, "I just can't take her kind..." he scoffed, "the way her eyes bore into mine earlier is enough for me to tell how she wants to flirt with me..."

And I can't disagree to that, because that's just the kind of girl she is. Although she's a daughter of a rich family, little did they know is that she's a real slut inside.

There was a time before when we went to a bar, from his father's recommendation to at least hang out as friends. So I did as told. But as soon as we reached the bar, she got herself all drank. And the way she interacts with the others inside and party hard that night, made me think it's not really her first, compared to what her father strongly believes in─ that it's her first time. Soon after I told her that we need to get back since she's almost out of it. She declined running to the dance floor grinding her body to every man she came across with. Dancing crazily. Touching. Kissing. And totally making out just with anyone. At least I had the decency to wait for her and drove her home. Her parents isn't the least bit concerned that their daughter got wasted.

And that didn't end to that yet. Whenever we came across each other to every social gatherings of our company, she keeps butting in with me and my friends conversation and her flirty attitude always comes in action. At first I thought she's doing all of those on purpose just to make me jealous after what had happened to our failed engagement, but no, it's in her nature. She can't keep herself off to any good looking guys she meets.

Before we reached the nurse' office, Luhan had the urge to go to the toilet room on our way, so I went ahead of him. Opening the door and lightly closing it behind me. The nurse was nowhere in sight, I slowly trudge my way towards the bed where she was and it made me sighed in relief after seeing her still sleeping peacefully. I sat at the bedside and slowly stroked her face. She's still hot as I placed my palm flat on her forehead and her brows furrowed. She slowly fluttered opened her eyes and a soft smile formed.

"Good morning." I told her.

"I believe it's already evening?" she softly whispered. I placed a quick peck and that startled her a bit, and I chuckled seeing how the color of her face changes. She's so cute.

"Come on get up now. We're going home. Are you feeling any better?" I said helping her get up and tried to comb her hair with my fingers which was messed up a bit from laying down.

"A bit. But I still feel weak." she faintly mumbled.  I helped her stand up and I can feel too much heat was emanating from her body. I felt her shiver a little, so I took off my jacket and let her wear it instead. 

"No... it's ok," she said shoving it back to me but I insisted.

"No! you wear it!" Isaid sternly and she gave up, there goes that reddening again. For a moment, I contemplated whether was that because of embarrassment or it's because of her cold. "Where are your gloves?" I tried to search inside her jacket's pocket but I heard her mumbled, "I...forgot..." and I lightly scolded her for being forgetful. So, instead I just took off mine and made her wear it. We argued for a moment as to who should wear it. She feels a bit guilty for taking all of my things but she doesn't have to, since I offered and insisted it. Right now she needs it more than I do. 

We met Luhan right outside the clinic, looks like he's been standing there for a while now. I was about to ask him why didn't he come in, just then I acknowledged his intention. I guess, I had to just remind myself to thank him for giving us privacy. He took our things for him to carry, so I could support Hyunjae properly. Continuing our way out.

I felt Hyunjae-ah halted from her steps. I whipped my head to look at her and I saw her staring forward. She looked at me weakly trying to voice something out, but failed miserably. I get what she wanted to say. Why is she here? I sighed deeply and I just urge her to continue walking.

"It looks like you guys need a ride." we heard her shouted as we walked pass by her. 

"No thanks but no thanks!" I shouted back. Although it's good for Hyunjae's sake since I can sense how weak she's feeling right now─from her walking and her deep breaths. But I'm also aware she wouldn't like it and she'd feel unfomfortable around Yura. Luhan looked at me as if contemplating as well whether we should accept her offer, but we find ourselves soon brushing it off and just continued to the bus stop.

Although only five-minutes had just passed, it felt like we've been standing there for almost two hours, but there's still no bus in sight. The snow is getting heavier and since it's almost evening the temperature is dropping rapidly fast. With a sick Hyunjae-ah in tow, it's seriously a bad situation. I felt stupid for a while for not accepting Yura's offer earlier, as if on cue, we heard a honk and that made our heads turned towards hte sound. And there she was gesturing us to get in.

We found ourselves sitting comfortably at Yura's car. Luhan and me sitting on each side of Hyunjae-ah, as he hold her hand to keep it warm. Hyunjae-ah shifted from her sit, her face buried at the nook of my neck, my arms drape around her back, brushing her arms to create a bit warmth from the friction. I can feel her warm breathe and her hot skin against my skin. And I'm liking the feeling somehow.

"I'm sorry..." I heard Hyunjae spoke softly. 

"What for?" I said leaning hy head on her.

"for this..." she whispered breathingly. I know what she actually meant.

"Shh It's ok... this is for your sake. And let's just say luck hasn't really had abandoned us today." I whispered just enough for the both of us to hear. And I felt her nod her head, then snuggled close into me.

|Author's POV|

Not knowing there's someone watching the both of you, with hurtful eyes and agitation.

I won't give up just yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 365 10
You will be celebrating Christmas and your birthday with EXO. Chanyeol is your best friend since elementary school and the rest are your high school...
9.8K 737 42
They know what you are. They've been watching you for quite sometime. Every battle, every move. Every argument, every fight. They were there in the s...
UNKNOWN FATE By

Fanfiction

23 1 3
A MOTIVATIONAL STORY BASE UPON A GIRL WHO BELIEVES NO ONE AFTER HER PARENTS DIE . WHO ONLY BELIEVE HER SELF THAT SHE CAN DO EVERYTHING .
574 59 58
What happens when two shy twins meet EXO in university, things happen and somethings go wrong. Chen and Kai love story! <3