The Masked Singer

By xFakingaSmilex

• Previously Featured on Wattpad • Everyone dreams of becoming the next big thing in the music industry beca... More

The Masked Singer
Chapter One
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
[Chapter Five]
[Chapter Six]
[Chapter Seven]
[Chapter Eight]
[Chapter Nine]
[Chapter Ten]
[Chapter Eleven]
[Chapter Twelve]
[Chapter Thirteen]
[Chapter Fourteen]
[Chapter Fifteen]
[Chapter Sixteen]
[Chapter Seventeen]
[Chapter Eighteen]
[Chapter Nineteen]
[Chapter Twenty]
[Chapter Twenty One]
[Chapter Twenty Two]
[Chapter Twenty Three]
[Chapter Twenty Four]
[Chapter Twenty Five]
[Chapter Twenty Six]
[Chapter Twenty Seven]
[Chapter Twenty Eight]
[Chapter Twenty Nine]
[Chapter Thirty]
[Chapter Thirty One]
[Chapter Thirty Two]
[Chapter Thirty Three]
[Chapter Thirty Four]
[Chapter Thirty Five]
[Chapter Thirty Six]
[Chapter Thirty Seven]
[Chapter Thirty Eight]
[Chapter Thirty Nine]
[Chapter Forty]
[Chapter Forty One]
[Chapter Forty Two]
[Chapter Forty Three]
[Chapter Forty Five]
[Chapter Forty Six]
[Chapter Forty Seven]
[Chapter Forty Eight]
[Chapter Forty Nine]
[Chapter Fifty]
[Chapter Fifty One]
[Chapter Fifty Two]
[Chapter Fifty Three]
[Chapter Fifty Four]
[Chapter Fifty Five]
[Chapter Fifty Six]
[Chapter Fifty Seven]
[Chapter Fifty Eight]
[Chapter Fifty Nine]
[Chapter Sixty]
[Chapter Sixty One]
AUTHOR'S NOTE [MUST READ]
BONUS CHAPTER
- DELETED SCENES -
Q&A
The Masked Truth (Summary)
The Masked Truth (Preview)
[Chapter Fifty Eight]
[Chapter Fifty Nine]
⋆ Other Stories You Might Enjoy ⋆
The Masked Singer | Competition
Coca-Cola | Short Story
Multimedia

[Chapter Forty Four]

51.2K 2.2K 356
By xFakingaSmilex

Chapter Forty Four

I've managed to conquer my fear that I've spent the whole week stressing over. Now I just need to survive the meet and greets with my fans and make it to my bed before passing out somewhere.

The sound of someone knocking on the dressing room door pulls me away from applying my make-up. I grab my mask and strap it back to my face. I hope it's not Ava, I've yet to finish getting ready.

"Come inside." The door handle rattles and it squeaks as the person comes inside. From the reflection in the mirror, I can see the wide muscular frame of none other than Archer. Relief courses through my body at the sight of him.

"What does Ava have planned now?" This is the first question to come to my mind.

"A two hour meet and greet and then an appearance," he explains.

"An appearance?" I ask.

"You and Alex are booked to make an appearance at an all-night restaurant." He crosses his arm over his chest, "Ava thinks it'll boost the popularity of your relationship with Alex if you're seen going out after your first concert together."

"Oh no," I shake my head, "I want to go home after this. Can you get the car ready to take me there afterwards?" Archer nods his head and leaves the room.

When he's gone, I finish dressing and pack up the last of my belongings. I slip my shoes on, do my belt up, grab my bag and the clothing of the rack, then walk out the door and down the hallway. As I walk down, I see my back-up dancers leaving and the crew packing up the equipment. There's people ripping up masking tape and winding cords up.

The production took nearly a day to set up and even less to remove. Soon it'll be I was never here performing It's scary to think about how long it takes for someone to disappear in this world. I should get used to the idea of needing people to talk about me. Because if they're talking, I'm still being remembered.

As I get to the end of the hall, Archer appears around the corner.

"I've done as you've requested. I also took the liberty to alert Alex in the change of plans," explains Archer.

"Thank you for that, what did Alex say?"

"I explained you were feeling exhausted and felt the need to retire to your room early to rest up for the flight."

"I really appreciate it Archer, thank you for the help." I grin.

"Would you like some help?" he eyes off the outfits.

I go to decline, but the aching feeling in my shoulder presents itself

"That would be lovely." I blush.

"Would you like me to take these to the car?" he offers.

"No, I've decided to give the outfits to the first three people in line. I know its super gross to be receiving someone's clothes, especially when they've been sweated in them. But I thought that it would be a nice present for spending all that time waiting," I say.

I expect Archer to crinkle his face up and tell me it's a horrible idea, but instead he nods his head in agreement.

"Some fans spend days camping out waiting to get the slightest glimpse at their idols — I think it would be a huge deal if they were to receive something so rare as this. It's not everyday celebrities give away their expensive clothing," Archer explains.

"It's not every day you become me." I laugh.

"For a good reason too. Not everyone can live this life style, it takes dedication and sacrifice, a lot forget about what it requires."

"You are right about that!" Archer leads us down to the meet and greet room. We come in through a secret back door which gets me excited about what's to come next. The room is a medium size with a small set up.

There are four buff security men standing in each corner of the room. Their presence sticks out like a sore thumb, but it also reminds me about how dangerous this could turn to. What happens is someone decides to rip my mask off? If my identity is revealed due to someone else's decision — it'll tear me apart.

Where the door opens, a red carpet leads from there to the first station. There's a large board set up with a list of sponsors names printed on the background, just like you would find on a red carpet. There's a camera set up with a man standing behind it. Past the photo section is a table with hundreds of posters, markers and some other merch of mine.

Standing by the desk is Ava, clipboard in hand and a hard expression on her face. I remember when she used to be a happy person who wore her hair loose and had cute shoes on, now I'm not too sure who this Ava person is. Maybe the stress has finally come down on here? If she chops off her long silky hair, I know it'll be time to send her to some kind of resort for the weekend. Of course, I would have to come along with her.

"What are you doing with those?" Ava suddenly yells as she comes charging across the room. I look at her and then realize she's got her eyes trained on Archer and his arm full of designer clothing.

"He's carrying my clothes," I huff, already bored with her over dramatic reaction.

"Why?" she demands, her foot tapping against the ground. Her blonde hair is tied up tightly on the top of her head — so tight, the skin around the sides of her face is being pulled back.  

"I decided it would be nice to give them away." Her face completely drops. "I think it'll stir more commotion and help boost my image. Isn't that what you want me to do?" I raise an eyebrow up at her.

She frowns down at me, almost like she's think about it. Then her eyes quickly pop open, almost like she's gotten some kind of fabulous idea.

"That's brilliant! We'll make sure to post those images on your social media networks to spread the word about it."

"Can you take the pictures on my phone and then post them? We want to move quickly on this idea while there is a huge audience turning into what my first concert turned out," I say.

"That's an excellent idea Sienna!" I take my phone out of my pocket and hand it over to her. "For the meet and greet, you'll greet them at the door and then walk to the photo stand and then over to the desk. Each paying customer has a yellow tag with their name on it, and they are the only ones allowed to receive a photo, poster and goodie bag!" Ava explains as we walk over towards the door.

"Are you going to organize handing the merch out?"

"As soon as these images are done, I've got to clear a few things up before your restaurant appearance," she explains.

"I'm going straight back to the hotel after this." I open my bag and grab out my compact mirror. I open the lid and check my hair. I notice that Ava is still standing in front of me with a bright red face — almost like a boiling kettle about to explode.

"Yes you are! I've already organised everything! People have been notified about your appearance. Fans and the media expect you to be there with Alex Bray. Exposure about your relationship is going to help boost sales for your tour," she begins to ramble on.

Why does being seen out in public with Alex going to help boost sales? Are we going to be selling tickets on our planned outing? There is no way I want Ava scheduling my love life, I want to have control over my feelings for a person, not scheduled on a piece of paper.

"I'm not going," I dismiss.

"Yes you are!"

"I'm not a trick pony, I'm tired and I need to shower before I go to sleep. You can't expect me to sleep for six hours and function the next morning. I can't and I won't do it." I stomp my foot against the ground.

"I am your manager; you are supposed to listen to me."

"I pay you; you're supposed to obey me." Ava storms off to the table and grabs her belongings before turning back around to address me. "I'll be back at midnight and you need to be ready to go to the restaurant," she dismisses.

"Archer, you've just been promoted to assistant photographer for the night," I call out to him.

"I've never been an assistant before," he says as he walks over towards me with a giant smile on his face. I start patting down my pockets to grab my phone but I come up empty.

"Shoot, I gave Ava my phone," I grumble.

"I'll use mine and you can wave your magic and make them appear online later," he suggests.

"We are going to have to! I don't particularly feel like running after Ava. She's going to want an apology before she hands my phone back, and I just don't have it in me."

"She'll be back soon enough!" he reminds me.

Archer and I quickly do the photo and I move to the door to greet the first person waiting at the door. I can see an endless line of people waiting and I know this part of my night is going to be incredibly slower. But it's just another aspect of being famous; acknowledging the people who make your life the way it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 4.7K 44
[10x Featured] Eva did everything but follow the rules. No one seemed to understand her. Suffering domestic violence, she used humor to hide how alon...
181K 5.9K 58
vampires are somthing I thought. ... well we humans never thought existed. "ever since war between humans and vampire's (which the vampires won of co...
13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...