The Dangel (A Supernatural St...

By MadHatter5555

(Takes place through the events of Season 11) My name is Nellwyn Spencer, and this is the story of how I bec... More

My Sick Day
A Very Terrible Day
Highway to Hell
Date with the Devil
Huntress In Training
Scream Like a Banshee
A Bad Time
An Adventure With Dean
Crowley Lend's Me a Hand
Teenage Drama
Chitter Chatter
Dear Old Dad
Fare Thee Well
Like The Ninja Turtle
Netflix and Daddy Issues
Rally The Troops
The Calm Before the Storm
This Means War
Unfortunate Solutions
Hello Darkness, My Old Friend
Death is Inevitable at This Point

My Drinking Buddy

1.4K 54 2
By MadHatter5555

Home was chaos. Not the typical chaos, but a different type. Chuck had gone a bit overboard in introducing himself, Donatello fell to his knees, begging forgiveness. Chuck didn't do much, but he said something about a shower, or food, or a television. Something. He had went off to do his own thing. Sam and Dean, Donatello, they talked about the darkness and things I already knew about. They tried to make a plan, asking Donatello what he had seen the night the fog took over his quiet little town. I sat across from Beelzebub, he was trying very hard to explain something to me. We resorted to pictures.

"Like this." He said, handing me a poorly drawn picture. It was like across, but more sinister: with chains and candles and a weird symbol underneath. I turned the picture, looking at it from all angles.

"So what is it?" I asked.

"I don't know." Beelz said, taking the picture back from me. "But Lucifer is-" He stopped, looking back at the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly alert.

"Why is he here..." Beelz stood, catching the attention of Sam and Dean,who followed his gaze to the door, where there was a loud knock.

I said his name before even Sam or Dean did.

"Mettatron..."I muttered, he looked to me.

"Hey kid!" He waved. Sam and Dean looked back at me.

"You know him?" They both asked at once.

"I...in a dream we..." I stood up next to Beelz.

"We had a drink together." Mettatron walked in and sat down. "What?It was water!" He said in defense when Dean gave him what I've come to call his 'Dad look'. Mettatron looked around, then to Beelz."Greetings, brother." He nodded.

"I am not your brother." Beelz sneered. Mettatron rolled his eyes.

"Kid,we're more alike than you think. We both fell from grace." He said.Beelzebub crossed his arms. Clearly there was something he wanted to say, but his own social anxiety prevented him from doing such.

"Why are you here?" Beelz said instead.

"To see our old man." Mettatron put his feet up on the table, only taking them down when getting a harsh glare from Sam. "Some hospitality..." He grumbled when Dean pulled his beer away from him. "Am I right Don?" He nudged the prophet, who was in awe now that he realized Mettatron was another angel.

We all sat down to figure out why Mettatron was really in the bunker that day. The information he had for us all wasn't what we wanted to hear. I read through the large packet he plopped on the table.

"It's...like a suicide note." I muttered, looking up into the worried faces of Sam and Dean.

"So what? Chuck's planning on taking one for the team?" Dean asked.

"We cannot let him do that." Beelz said.

"You're right. But we need a plan..." Sam ran a hand through his hair.

"No..."I let out a sigh, looking to Beelz. "We need a Lucifer."

"No one knows where he is." Mettatron scoffed. "Even I've tried looking around." I nudged Beelz and he nodded.

"I know where he is. But it won't be easy getting there." He looked up at everyone, starting his long tale of his business of looking over Lucifer. Sam and Dean exchanged looks of fear and resentfulness.

"It'sour only hope." I pushed. They sighed. The plan was on.

Dean was off to distract Amara. He named himself the A-Team after a long argument between him and Sam.

"I'll do it," Dean had said, "but only if I get to be the A team." He pointed to himself. Sam groaned.

"You're not a team, Dean. There's not 'I' in team." He stood.

"Well There's an A in Amara. I'm the oldest and I say I'm the A team."Dean retorted, and needless to say, that was the end of it. So,us,the B-team, consisting of Donatello, Mettatron, Me, Beelz, and Sam,went to go find Lucifer. Donatello could sense where Amara was. Hewas important. Beelz was a quick getaway. He was important. Sam was the most experienced and Lucifer would only listen to him. Very important. I was a power house with unpredictable potential. A wildcard, but an important one. Like in UNO. But Mettatron... I worked my brain over and over to figure out why he might have been tagging along.

"So this is the place?" Sam asked when he parked in impala near a large gate. He looked back at Beelz who leaned forward a bit.

"Yes. He's in there." He nodded. Mettatron shifted between Donatello and Beelzebub.

"Alright. Let's go already!" He grumbled. I gulped, looked to Sam, who looked at me and nodded. We all got out the car.

I walked close to Sam, per Dean's instructions. Beelz walked close by me, as he always did in dangerous situations. Mettatron dragged behind Donatello, who was looking very concerned.

"She's not here. But there's so bad energy here..." He muttered.

"Of course. Lucifer is trapped here." Beelz said, a hint of pride in his voice when talking about his former leader. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well. Not for long." Sam said, opening the door and letting us all in finally. "Come on." He said, taking the lead down a large hallway that led out into an open room with the same cross Beelz had drawn right in the center. Only his picture didn't do it any justice.It was a lot larger and sinister in person than it was on paper.Lucifer was tied to it, beaten, bruised and bloodied. I felt bad.

"Lucifer?"I called out quietly. He twitched and I moved forward, only for Sam to set a firm hand on my shoulder. I looked back at him, he shook his head. "He's hurt." I pulled away from him and walked over to the giant cross.

Lucifer opened two eyes filled with pain and exhaustion, staring at me in what looked like surprise.

"Hey...you..." He coughed.

"We came to get you out of here." I said. Lucifer lifted his head.

"We?"His eyes fell on Sam, Mettatron, Beelz, and Donatello. He scoffed."You brought the peanut gallery to rescue me?" He asked. I glared.

"Now's not the time for this." I snapped. Lucifer sighed.

"Beelzebub." He rasped. "Come here." He demanded. Beelz walked over and stood beside me. "So you're what escaped... I thought you were long dead." He muttered.

"Sir. Amara could be back any minute. How do we..."

"I know how!" Mettatron stepped forward, only to shrink under Lucifer's glare. That's when Sam came forward.

"We're getting you out of here whether you like it or not. So just shut up for once and let us help you, Luce." He begged in an authoritative voice. Lucifer stared at him for a moment before looking to Donatello, who flinched.

"Wives, am I right?" He said before shutting up entirely. Sam glared and we got to work.

Well, Mettatron got to work on a spell that would break the seal long enough for Beelz and I to destroy the cross. Sam kept Lucifer occupied by ignoring is idol attempts at a conversation and Donatello... kept watch. As I watched Mettatron work, I could see now why he was assigned to the B team. I looked over to Beelz, who was staring at Lucifer with some strange resolve on his face.

"Beelz?"I nudged him, but he caught my hand in his and said nothing. Not even a glance in my direction. I just swallowed any other words and squeezed his hand as we waited in a painful silence, filled with humming and other noises of boredom from Lucifer, directed at a stoic Sam.

"Almost..."Mettatron said. "NOW!" HE yelled suddenly and with two blasts of light Beelz and I shattered the cross, letting Lucifer fall into Sam's open arms.

"Okay."Sam said, helping Lucifer stand. "Let's get out of-"

"That might be a problem." Donatello ran towards us. "She's coming!"

"She's.Here." A voice behind me said. Beelz pulled me forward just as Amara swiped her hand down at me. We backed towards Sam and Lucifer. Amara looked us all over and chuckled. "Really? This is the rescue team?" She shook her head. "Three fallen angels, an abomination,a human and one measly prophet?" I glared at her. Mettatron did as well.

"All of you. Run. I can hold her off." He said.

I looked at him as if he was insane.

"Mettatron you can't-"

"I said go!" He yelled, "This is the least I can do. After All I've done." Suddenly, he wasn't that goofy guy I met in a dream at abar. He was an angel of the lord, just like Castiel. Just like Beelzebub. Just like my mother.

"...Let's go." Sam said. Amara did nothing, looking at Mettatron in a curious way. Sam practically carried Lucifer away with help from Beelz, followed swiftly by Donatello, then me, who back up slowly before a stern gaze from Mettatron told me to run. So I did. I ran farther and farther away, feeling Amara's looming presence. And, allat once. I stopped, hit by something familiar. Tears welled up in my eyes and I watched Sam load Lucifer into the Impala.

"Nellwyn!"He called urgently. But I felt numb, and maybe only I knew why. Beelz was next to me, grabbing me by the hand and pulling me to the car. I sat on the other side of Lucifer as Sam sped away. Beelz and Donatello stayed in the back. But I was still out of it. I was out of it when Amara tried to stop us, and when we were suddenly back in the bunker, where Dean sprinted into the garage.

It was that same feeling. Someone I cared about was gone forever. Mettatron sacrificed himself to save us. And it was breaking my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 86 9
Sam and Dean Winchester get called out to the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night on an urgent call from Crowley, the King of Hell. He has s...
322K 8.5K 47
When the angel Castiel loses the one thing he has ever cherished he changes, he no longer cares about the well being of others. Hell bent on getting...
3K 129 32
Castiel has been sent by Heaven to be your guardian angel. He watches over you, but he realises that he is watching you a lot more than he should. He...
8.5K 219 14
Isabel Winchester. A fierce, independent, strong woman. Who's also recently been brought down from heaven suggested by her idiot brothers. Sam and De...