The Book of Everlasting Life

Av diversewrites

"Looking through my soul, Not my eyes. Vibration draws, Patterns to your light. Your energy collides, It spea... Mer

Preface
Heroes , Foes , & Friends
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Six

998 76 319
Av diversewrites

Evangeline,
Very sweet time spent,
Amongst you I wish could last an eternity.
Not enough lilies on a flower tree, all for you Evangeline.
God knew exactly what to do, causing my path to cross you.
Evangeline, so eccentric.
Lips so defined, and truly one of a kind.
In time, I plan to spend with you divine.
Nor a hair out of place, could ever take away from your beauty and grace.
Evangeline.

"Hey, Olympas." She greeted me, as I approached the table.

"Hello Evangeline, may I sit?" I questioned.

"Yes, please sit."

I seated myself in the chair across from Evangeline, twiddling with my thumbs. In the process of a week, she and I'd been communicating nonstop. With her presence having such an overwhelming aura to it, it made me all the more nervous to meet her here for a late lunch/early dinner this late afternoon. My brain has floated into an abyss of thoughts only concerning her, I've never had this issue before and it's quite hard to deal with. Especially with being around the being of she makes me feel as if I'm going to suffocate on my own fragments of speech. She renders me speechless, without an utterance. Such an effortlessly immaculate, impeccable, prepossessing, woman is she.

"How are you, Evangeline?"

"I am fine and free, and you? How are you doing today, Olympas?"

"I'm fine, particularly better at the moment."

"Is there a reasoning behind that?"

"Am I able to speak candidly?" I ran my tongue across my lips.

"Of course," she sipped from her glass of water. "and I ordered us an appetizer so we'll have to order our actual meals soon."

"That's fine.." I trailed off. "Um, well the reasoning behind my increasing well-being is because of your presence in the atmosphere I am in. I find myself very sweet on your persona."

"I-"

The waiter politely interrupted us to place down what I now know is spinach artichoke dip and bread chips as our appetizer.

"Thank you, would you like to bless the food first before I respond?"

"You say grace too?"

"Child my mother would turn over in her grave if she knew I didn't!" She chuckled and I lightly laughed.

We graced the food and began to place some on our plates.

"I was trying to tell you that I felt flattered by your words, but I don't want to mistake it for you being just nice."

"I'm not just being nice.." My umber orbs pierced into her milky brown almost chestnut eyes.

"You're flirting with me.." She said more as a question than a statement.

"It takes two to flirt, Evangeline."

"Touché, I must say that your vibes are very pleasant to be around. You're refreshingly different from the men I'm used to encountering."

"That's a two way street. I wasn't expecting to be assembling again so soon, especially just us two. Maybe I would've readied myself in a better fashion. This was so impromptu."

"You need some spontaneity in life sometimes. The same old routine can become un-thrilling y'know. I hate to keep things status-quo."

Her orbs twinkled as did mine sparkle while they connected. The pounding and thrashing of thy heart beating within my chest accelerated. She had me so mesmerized without a bat of an eyelash.

"Would I be far too forward in asking you to venture off somewhere with me?" I questioned.

"Since when does someone ask to kidnap someone else?" Her brow lifted.

I took my wallet out my pocket, throwing a twenty on the table, holding out my hand.

"If you take this hand, there is no turning back from here Eve." I informed her.

"And why would I do that?" She laced our fingers, stepping up to me, in a challenging manner.

A bashful grin etched upon my lips as holly blues swarmed, flapping their elegant wings against the walls of my abdomen. With a light jog, I trailed her behind me as we exited to my bike.

"Oh my g-I've always wanted to ride one! I'm glad I took an uber here!" She clapped her palms and I couldn't help but to flutter my orbs over to her.

"Here, you can wear the helmet." I told her, raking her curls back out her face softly, placing it upon her cranium. "Safety first." I opened the face shield.

Swinging my leg over the seat, I put the key in ignition, revving the engine and she clapped again excitedly, that was undeniably adorable to me for an odd reasoning. I beckoned her over, as she situated herself behind me. Her arms swathed around my torso, nice and snug. Her chin tucked in the nape of my neck.

"Hold tight." I kicked the stand up, revving my engine once more.

"I wouldn't mind that." She replied before I sped off.

Her arms held me, tight. As we cruised down the main road of Philly. There was something about having her here with me, here like this. All these erratic occurrences spawned by her was happening almost all too fast for me to grasp. And just when I think I've come to an understanding, I'm thrown four feet back as I push against the wall trying to breakthrough my own mind. I don't think I want to understand it, want to understand this. It isn't quite like anything I've ever experienced, therefore it makes me anxious. But, there's beauty in it, in her and it makes it all the more alluring and piques my wanting to explore.

"You smell of such a distinct cologne, and may I say I enjoy the aroma on you?" Her velvety voice spoke so lightly into my ear, I'm surprised I even heard her.

"You may say anything you'd like."

"That goes for you also Mr. Charming."

"Is that a nickname I sense coming on?" I replied smugly.

"Maybe."

"Are we almost there?" She questioned. It's been a good hour and then some since we'd been on the highway.

"Look up darling."

My orbs flickered up, greeting a large highway sign that held power to change the course of our entire night.

"The Empire State of mind, you would bring me here." She commented.

"I mean it's conveniently close to Philadelphia. How was I not supposed to?" I stopped at a red light.

"I'm enjoying this side of you. It's very unfiltered and less tense."

"I'm enjoying you Evangeline, and your overwhelming presence and natural radiance, you my friend are truly very easy to what meets the eye. I can't stop starring at you.."

I can't stop thinking about you either, your presence refuses to leave my thoughts. Rebelling against my wishes, but truly is that something I actually want or am I forcing myself to believe that I don't enjoy the thought of you?

"Keep up this sweet talk and we'll see what sweets you end up with tonight."

"Ooh, I get rewarded for honesty? I'm hoping it's a cookie." My orbs sauntered back to view hers.

"Was that a pun?"

Before I could reply, in my peripheral vision the light shifted green and I sped off.

"You can take it however you decide." I spoke lowly.

I heard a soft chuckle rumble against her vocal chords, inducing me deeper into an anti-narcotic high. Is this what it feels like to be intoxicated? Because if this is what it's like, then lay me in a meadow full of sinsemilla and douse me in a pool full of liquor. It was wild what knowing of this indescribable individual's existence for a mere seven days could do to me.

I had to wonder if this was of the sparrow's doing, it seemed too surreal.

We continued down the highway, and eventually got off on an exit. And within no time we'd arrived in Manhattan, on forty-second street.

After parking my bike in the Marriott hotel lot, we strode around like tourists, mesmerized by the bright lights and marquees.

"How's this for spontaneity?"

Her orbs wandered over to mine, while I studied hers. There was a beautiful moment in the silence we shared. And I felt the need to relish and bask in it.

"This does it just right."

Our hands naturally gravitated towards one another's in a more than friendly fashion. Lacing our fingers, we strolled down Times Square. Stopping into Starbucks for coffee to keep us energized. And back out we were.

"So as long as we've been communicating, you never mentioned to me how you and Olympas met.." Eve said.

"Because it's really personal, you'd have to ask her." I replied truthfully.

"I just don't understand how she could keep a man like you at an arms length. If I were her..mm."

"What..?" I questioned. "If you were here, what?"

"I'm simply stating that I don't understand how she and you are just platonic."

"Well that's an easy one, but quite complicated to explain. We are very great friends indeed, she's become one of my best friends. And quite simply that's exactly how things are kept between us both, benefitting her wishes."

"But, what about yours?"

"I'm genuinely at peace with our arrangement, and quite frankly it's good to me because it doesn't overwhelm me like you do."

"I overwhelm you? I'm so-"

My index went to hush her lips, but I got lost in gazing at them in the process.

"Don't be sorry for how you make me feel, I welcome it. I welcome all things you as of lately, Evangeline.."

"I'd love to say that, is a mutual feeling. That's definitely being reciprocated over here."

"And oh what a feeling that is.." My orbs flickered in between hers.

"You truly are such a gentleman you know that? You let me walk on the inside of the sidewalk, you open doors and address me respectably. I'm swooning over you.."

"That's reciprocated. I'd just love to bask in this moment here with you."

"And I'm going to, also."

Hours later we were back at the Marriott, at one in the morning. Ordered room service and wine and we were having such a great time with one another on a level that was more than friendly. As we laid next to one another speaking of the crazy things we wanted to do before our lives were over. As if we were some love-stricken teenagers.

"Can you..hold me? I just want to be held in your arms right now, to soothe me to sleep. Is that too much to ask?"

I maneuvered myself closer, pulling the bed comforter over our bodies. My arms swathed around her torso from behind, her crown fell back towards my chest as she made herself comfortable.

"This feels..so right.."

"Yes it does indeed."

"Goodnight, Olympas."

"Goodnight, Evangeline."

Evangeline,
Very sweet time spent,
Amongst you I wish could last an eternity.
Not enough lilies on a flower tree, all for you Evangeline.
God knew exactly what to do, causing my path to cross you.
Evangeline, so eccentric.
Lips so defined, and truly one of a kind.
In time, I plan to spend with you divine.
Nor a hair out of place, could ever take away from your beauty and grace.
Evangeline.

***

So, I know this was different from what you're accustomed to. But, tell me your thoughts. Some ☕️ was spilled if you caught it. Let me know, I love you guys! Happy Friday 💙

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

92 0 9
"I'm pushing you out, I'm turning away Pushing you out from my memories But because of your thick scent in my head I'm endlessly in pain and in pain...
All Monsters Are Human Av huh

Mysterium / Thriller

962 39 18
; saying goodbye has never been harder. completed. please read the tags first, thank u heads up for the cringe, bc like, this is a lil cringy but oth...
10.4K 510 19
How do you go through a day of life, when everyone makes you go through hell? [Beware of many writing mistakes]
36.7K 746 23
I, Carter Lynette, lost my memory due to my sucky ex. He was abusive and my friend found out from bruises on my body from him. He found out and hunte...