Howl of Konoha (Naruto Fan-fi...

By strawberrylover013

The Himura clan worships their deity; the great mountain dog (wolf) Okami. But the Himura clan sealed the dei... More

Blood and Hate
Becoming a Ninja
Team 7!!!
Mission: land of waves!
Training in the waves
Okamis warning and Zabuza's return
B ranked mission: cleared!
M-My house!!!! And the Chunin Exam
A series of Changes
The Chunin Exams first test
The Written Test....
Second Exam: Forest of Death
Stick Together
A Snakes Poison
Backup has arrived!
Who are you..?
Moving on
Making up
Don't Listen
More Training...!?
First Match: Natsuki versus Kankuro
Naruto versus Neji
Shikamaru versus Temari
Egos Clash Gaara versus Sasuke
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part I
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part II
The Monster Inside
Tears from the Sky and a Broken Wolf's Cry
Ghost from the Past
When Nighttime Falls
The Fifth Hokage
Mission at the beach!!
What's Under Your Mask!?!?
Remembering the Past
On Your Marks. Get Set. GO!
Halfway
The Calm Before the Storm
You cant trust an Uchiha
Starting a new life for Him
Until We Meet Again

The bell test...

17.2K 543 199
By strawberrylover013

Tap tap tap

"Arghh..."

Tap tap tap

"Go away..."

Tap tap tap

"For fuck sake!" I gowled. I sat up out of bed and glared at the sliver haired idiot knocking on my window. I got up and opened the window. "What do you want, Kakashi?"

Kakashi smiled and told me to get changed and wait for him at the training ground. I sighed and went for a shower. When I was done I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a brown tank top that showed my stomach and my fish net shirt underneath. I brushed my short purple hair, put on my black fingerless gloves, grabbed my ninja boots and left the house. I walked to the training grounds and as usual Kakashi was no where in sight. I sighed and sat under a tree. I watched the clouds for a bit and decided to get a few more minutes of sleep before Kakashi arrives.

********************* Sasuke's POV ********************

I heard a knock on my door and went to answer it. Kakashi-sensei told me that we had training this morning so I should head to the training field now and wait for him while he gets the others. I sighed and went for a shower, but before I did; Kakashi-sensei told me not to eat anything or I might throw up. I nodded and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

I got changed into my normal outfit and left the house. When I arrived at the grounds and it was completly deserted. I put my hands in my pockets and walked around the grounds for a bit when I spotted a fluffy tail behind a tree. I raised an eyebrow and walked over to see what it was. My stomach dropped when I saw Natsuki asleep under the tree. Fear hit me right in the face as I remembered what happened the other day when we were giving introductions. My shoulder started to shoot pain though my body as it remembered the attack. I slowly started to back away but stopped. I stared at Natsukis face while she was asleep (no im not being creepy) and noticed that she had a pained expression on her face, like she was having a bad dream. I got worried and pushed my fear aside and woke her up. Her eyes fluttered open and looked around trying to figure out where she was. She relaxed and her blue eyes stared into mine. My face softened and started talking to her.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked as soft as I could. She closed her eyes and nodded but snapped them open again and jumped away from me. She crouched down into a fighting stance, her eyes now looked black with gold specks and she let out a low growl. My eyes widened and I raised my hands in surrender.

"Natsuki. I'm not you enemy." I stated. She just stood there glaring coldly. "I dont know why you want to kill me but I didnt do anything that could bring you to hate me so much when I only just meet you a few days ago.

Natsuki's face relaxed a little but was barely noticable. She stood up straight but kept glaring at me. Chills ran up and down my spine and my body was telling me to run. I lowered my hands and kept eye contact.

"You're an Uchiha, arn't you?" she growled. I nodded. "Then thats more than enough reason for me to want to kill you."

"Why do you hate my clan so much?" I questioned. I wanted to know why, I had to. I want her to not want to kill me everytime she sees me. I want her to relax and be like she was at the academy before she knew my name.

"Thats for me to know. You should find it in your best interest to stay away from me, or I will kill you." She spat.

"I think I have a right to know. There might be a way to fix it!"

"HA! Theres nothing you can do. Its in the past. Nothing can change what happened. Time and apologies can not repair my sanity. You really want to know why I hate your clan so much Sasuke?" She taunted taking a step closer, her eyes flashing black and gold. "Its because one of those filthy assholes killed my entire clan!"

My eyes widened. I couldn't think of anything else to say. I stared at Natsuki and saw all the emotions she refused to let out swim in her eyes. I softened my expression and stared at her with pity and I started to walk towards her. Her eyes widened and she backed away from me but before she could run away I pulled her into a hug. Her body stiffened and she growled in my ear. I shushed her and held her tighter. She just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Me and you are the same. We know the pain of having our clan, our family taken away from us." I whispered. "Like yours, my clan was killed by another Uchiha, my own brother." She gasped and listened to what I had to say.

When I finished I pulled away. She glanced at me and then stared at the ground. She apologised and avoided eye contact with me. I looked at her and placed my hand on her head, ruffling her hair.

********************** Natsukis POV *******************

"Me and you are the same. We know the pain of having our clan, our family taken away from us. Like yours, my clan was killed by another Uchiha, my own brother." The Uchiha whispered to me. I was shocked. His clan was killed too, not just by a clan member, but by his own brother. I felt sympathy towards him. He's had a rougher past then I did. I dropped my ears and thought about Sasuke and I.

Sasuke pulled away from me and I looked up at him but I looked away from him when I saw his soft smile. I didn't expect that and a little colour rose to my cheeks. I felt a hand rest on my head and lightly fuffled my hair. I looked up into his onyx eyes and hit me with a faint smile.

"I don't want you to hate me anymore. I prove to you that I'm different."

He removed his hand from my head just as Naruto and Sakura arrived.

"Natsuki!!!!" Naruto screamed and gave me a tight hug. I smiled and pulled him into a head lock and gave him a noggie. I let him go after I had my fun and grinned. I glanced over at Sasuke who was being clung onto by Sakura. I guess I have alot to think about when I get home.

We sat around waiting for Kakashi to arrive. I was lying down with my head on Naruto's lap and him playing with my ears. Sasuke was leaning up against a tree and Sakura was just pacing back and forth being annoying.

"Hey Pinky, why dont you relax for a while. We dont know when Kakashi-sensei is gonna show up so we might as well get comfortable." I said.

She scoffed at me and just walked over to Sasuke and annoyed him. I guess she still pissed that I attacked Sasuke yesterday. I shrugged and went to sleep for a bit but I felt an approching chakra.

"Good morning, everyone." Kakashi said with a closed eye smile. Naruto suddenly stood up and my head smacked onto the ground.

"You're late!!" Naruto and Sakura said in sync.

"Well a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way..." Kakashi said. I sighed and sat up rubbing the back of my head. Sasuke offered me a hand up and I hesitatedly took it.

"Well then lets get started." Kakashi said walking off. Naruto and Sakura yelled at him and me and Sasuke followed behind them.

_____________________________

Kakashi-sensei pulled out an alarm clock and three bells. He explained to us that we needed to get a bell from him before the alarm went off otherwise we miss out on lunch. After all of the rules and Sakura's stupid questions were explained we started. We all took of into the trees and hid ourselves. I cut off my chakra and tree jumped around the clearing. I sat down on one of the tree branches and watched how the others planned to attack sensei. Naruto was first and charged at Kakashi with a kunai but in a split second Kakashi disappeared and reapeared holding the kunai to Naruto's neck.

"You know, compared to the others who hid themselves from me, you are a little weird." Kakashi stated and let go of Naruto.

"Oh yeah! The only thing weird here is your haircut!" Naruto taunted while jumping a few paces back then charged at Kakashi again. Kakashi reached into his weapons pouch, pulling out a book and started reading. I almost anime fell out of the tree. Is he SERIOUS!?!? Naruto got mad and lunged at Kakashi punching him in the face but Kakashi caught it at the last second. Naruto went to kick him in the stomach but Kakashi dodged. Naruto kept throwing punches and kicks but Kakashi easily dodged them. Kakashi disappeared and reappeared behind Naruto.

"Never let your enemy get behind you." Kakashi explained. "Leaf Village Hidden Finger Jutsu: One Thousand Years of Death!"

I cracked up laughing at the jutsu and watched Naruto go flying. Kakashi noticed me and charged towards me. I recompossed myself and formed some handsigns

"Shadow clone Jutsu!" I yelled and ten copies of me appeared. They all charged at Kakashi with kunai and shuriken. Kakashi killed them all while I used the smoke as a cover and dove back into the trees cutting off my chakra once again.

"Looks like was have a smart one here." Kakashi praised. I smirked and headed deeper into the forest. I used a concealing jutsu just in case. Using my improved senses I watched the fights. I heard Naruto yelling like an idiot and Kakashi metioning something about bait so I figured Naruto fell for a trap. I heard shurikin being thrown and trees rustling so someone must have tried to attack Kakashi but failed to hit him. I listened more carfully and heard a scream. It was Sakura.

I got up and ran to where I heard her. She was caught in a genjutsu so I pulled her out of it.

"Sakura, are you okay?"

"N-natsuki? Ah!.. Sasuke! Sasuke?"

"Sakura, what happened to Sasuke?"

"He... he was bleeding... kunai in his back and he was dying...." she mumbled.

"Sakura listen. You were in a genjutsu. Whatever you saw wasn't real. Come on we'll go look for Sasuke and Naruto together, I think I have an idea-"

"No. I'm going to find Sasuke." She said running off. I sighed and went back to the clearing.

When I got there Naruto was still in the trap. I checked to see if anyone was there but my ears wern't picking up anything and I couldn't sense any chakra nearby. I threw a kunai at Naruto and cut him down. But as soon as he was down he ran off looking for Kakashi. I sighed and looked for the others when I heard Sakura scream again. Seriously, that girl is as useful as a blunt shuriken. I went back to Sakura and saw Saukes head sticking out of the ground. I landed next to them and made a few handsigns.

"Earth Style: Sand Cavern." I said and the ground around Sasuke melted and I pulled him out of the hole.

"Thanks Natsuki." he said brushing himself off. I nodded. They were just about to leave when I grabbed them by the wrists and pulled them back. Sakura fell on her butt and glared at me while Sasuke looked surprised.

"Okay I have a question for you two geniuses. What do you think this test is about?" I asked. They both looked at eachother and shrugged. "Its about teamwork!"

"And what makes you think that?" Sasuke asked.

"Well put it this way. When you went one on one with Kakashi-sensei you could hardly touch him much the less the bells. So if he isn't expecting us to attack him all at once then you could have someone as the decoy while the others grab the bells from him." I explained.

"But there are only three bells and four of us. One person is still going back to the academy so if we did attack at once then we would just fight over them." Sakura commented.

"I'm sure there's more to it then what he's telling us. So are you in?" I asked.

"Hn. I dont need any help, but thanks for the info." Sasuke said and disappeared. I turned to Sakura.

"I agree with Sasuke." She said and left as well. I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

"Fine! I'll do it myself."

I jumped through the trees and came face too face with Kakashi.

"Had enough running, huh?" he asked.

"Yea, turns out running away just isn't my style." I said with a smirk. Kakashi put his book away and got into a fighting stance.

"Looks like I'll have to get a little more serious. You're brave though for taking me head on."

I smiled. "Trust me. It'll be a fun fight if you're serious." I crouched down into my fighting stance.

We stared each other down like the cowboys do. A breeze blowed and we charged eachother. I punched him in the face but he disapperaed. My ear twitched and I sent a kick behind me, kicking Kakashi in the gut but it was a clone and poofed away. Kunai flew at me from all directions, I did some handsigns and a barrier of earth surounded me. I listened for the sound of his chakra waves, I got a lock on it and undid the jutsu. As soon as the earth barrier disappeared I disappered and reappeared behind Kakashi. I formed some hand sighs.

"Wood Style: Vine lock!" I said. Vines came out from the trees and wrapped around Kakashi like a snake. His eyes widened in surprise and tried to get away but it was too late. I reached for the bells but heard a sizzling sound. My eyes widened and a paper bomb hanging from the tree by a kunai went off. The force of the blast flew me back and my back slamed into another tree. I gasped and fell to the ground. Kakashi jumped down to the ground and landed in front of me.

"Nice try Natsuki. It was a good stratagy but you'll have to do better than that." He smiled.

"Heh." I looked up at him and smirked. "You shouldn't put yourself up so high Kakashi-sensei. Its a long way down."

His eyes widened and the ground gave way under us. As he was falling the clone that I was using all along disappeared in smoke and the real me jumped and grabbed the bells from Kakashi.

"What!?" He exclaimed. I stuck my tongue out at him. "A ninja must see through deception sensei." I mocked before jumping out of the hole and onto a tree branch. Not long after the alarm rung signaling our times up. I grinned and glaced at Kakashi who was pulling himself out of the ground. He saw me and I gave him a thumbs up. He sweat dropped.

"Well then, lets head back now." He said and ran off. I nodded and followed close behind.

When we got there Naruto was tied to a post and Sasuke and Sakura sat on either side of him looking depressed. Kakashi stood there scolding them.

"I will not send you back to the academy. Instead all three of you will be dropped from the program."

"Ah! No way!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Just the three of us? What about Natsuki?" Sakura questioned.

"Natsuki will not be doing the same as you three because unlike you, she managed to get the bells." Kakashi stated. I grinned and held up the three bells. They looked at me with suprised faces.

"N-Natsuki!! How did you get a bell!?" Sakura exclaimed.

"I used my head." I said simply. They all sweat dropped.

"But Kakashi-sensei, you said that if we couldn't get the bells then we would be sent back to the academy. If we drop out then we can never become ninja!!" Naruto shouted.

"I did say that, didn't I?" Kakashi said. "But the reason I said you should drop out is because you dont think like ninja. You rush in head first without thinking. You think like brats."

Sasuke got mad and charged towards Kakashi but Kakashi pushed Sasuke to the ground and sat on him. Sasuke tried to get sensei off but he wouldn't budge.

"See what I mean. You think its all about you. Natsuki, tell them what the main point of this exercise was." Kakashi said looking at me. I nodded.

"It was teamwork."

"Exactly. Thats why we put you in teams. Natsuki noticed this and even tried to get you all to work together to get the bells. Sakura, you only thought about Sasuke and were easily caught in genjutsu, you didn't even lift a finger to help Naruto who was right infront of you. Naruto, you do everything on your own even when Natsuki helped you out you ignored her and went off to find me. And Sasuke, you thought that the others were beneath you, that you were better off with out them. Ninja squads do need individual abilities but team work is what ensures the success of a mission. You never know if you will be placed in a difficult situation, for example...." Kakashi said and pulled out a kunai, holding it to Sasukes neck. "Sakura. Kill Naruto or Sasuke dies."

Everyone stopped and Sakura gave off a look of desperation.

"That is what happens on a mission. If an enemy takes a hostige and you are faced with a decision, someone will end up dead." Kakashi finished and put the kunai away. He got up and walked over to the K.I.A stone. "On every mission your life is on the line. Did you look at this stone? The names engraved on it? They are all ninja who are honored in our village."

"Thats it! I've decided that I'm gonna have my name engraved on that stone! I'm gonna be a hero!!" Naruto cheered. I gave him a glare but he didn't notice.

Kakashi turned around to him with a bored expression. "They are a special kind of hero." I balled my hands into tight fists and my knuckles started turning white.

"Huh? What kind of hero are they sensei? Come on tell us, tell us!!" Naruto said. I gritted my teeth and tried to supress my anger.

"They're all K.I.A." Kakashi said with sadness visible in his voice.

"Wow!! That sounds so cool!!" Naruto exclaimed.

Sakura was about to talk but I cut her off. "It means Killed In Action you idiot!! They all died!!!" I screamed at him. They all stared at me shocked at my sudden out burst.

"S-sorry Natsuki..." He said sadly. I shook my head and walked up to the stone and placed an hand on it, rubbing over one of the engraved names.

"Natsuki?"

"My clan is also engraved on this stone. I think it was done the night after the attack." I said softly looking down at the name.

Kakashi placed a hand on my shoulder and spoke. "Not just the Himura clan, but the names of my closest friends and family are also here."

There was an uncomfatable silence that filled the air. It was depressing. I choked down the lump in my throat so that I wouldn't cry. After a while Kakashi broke the silence.

"Alright, I'll give you one last chance. But I will make it more difficult for you. You will have three hours to get a bell, eat your lunch now to build up strength but do not give any to Naruto. As punishment for breaking the rules and if anyone tries to feed him you will immediatly fail," he said. "Natsuki, you don't have to participate seeing as you already got a bell." I nodded and sat down on one of the posts.

"Good. Now I have some stuff to do but I will know if you break the rules." Kakashi said and walked off.

We got our lunches and started eating. Naruto's stomach started growling and he started spouting shit like how he doesn't need to eat, ect. I sighed and me and Sasuke held out our lunches to him.

"Here." We said in sync.

"Wait. You guys cant do that. Kakashi-sensei might see you and you'll fail." Sakura said.

"Kakashi-sensei is not here. We need to get those bells and to do that everyone has to be at their best. We need to do this as a team and if Naruto's hungry he'll be weak and slow us down." Sasuke said flatly.

"I agree with Sasuke. If Naruto's weak then that'll jeopardize the mission and you wont get your hands on those bells." I said.

"But Natsuki, you already have a bell so you dont need to contribute to this." Sakura said. I scowled.

"Even if I already have one. You are all my team and you all need to pass. So this is the best way to make sure you all pass." I replied. Sasuke nodded and Sakura huffed but also offered her lunch to Naruto.

"Thanks you guys." Naruto smiled.

"Don't thank us, just hurry up and eat." Sakura said.

One by one we all feed Naruto our lunches till they were all gone. But a giant cloud of smoke appeared and Kakashi walked out.

"YOU..!" He shouted. Naruto and Sakura started feeding him excusses while me and Sasuke shot glares at him. Kakashi suddenly smiled. "You pass."

We all looked at him dumbfounded. Kakashi explained how we were the first team to ever pass and how we thought for ourselves and worked as a team. Naruto and Sakura jumped for joy and I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"You all pass! Team 7 starts its first mission tomorrow." Kakashi said giving us a thumbs up. We all cheered and started to head home.

"Uh guys, You forgot to let me down!" Naruto yelled. I chuckled and Kakashi threw a kunai at Naruto, cutting the rope. He fell to the ground but got up and run over to us. He jumped onto me and told me to take him to Ichirakus. I nodded and ran off carrying Naruto on my back and threw a quick goodbye over my shoulder to the others.

==================================================

Thats chapter 4 done!!! Good on you team 7.

Heres a pic of one of Natsuki' wolves from the first chapie; Yusuki ^+^

Ill get the next chapter up as fast as I can but school starts in a few days so it might take a while, please bare with me.

See you next time. Believe it!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 651 25
Aisha Inumaki was found by leaf ninja running away from Orochimaru, late at night. The Hokage allows her to stay in Konoha and places her on Team 7...
417K 8K 25
READ THE TAGS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!! YOU HAS BEEN WARNED!!! What if Naruto successfully defeated Sasuke before he went to Orochimaru? What if Sasuke t...
506K 14.5K 107
(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the man his brother wished he will be, he d...
908K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...