Messy Romance

By hanlovestowrite26

This character is from this book: HIS BROKEN SOUL. You don't have to read that one to understand this one. ... More

Intro!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 12

2.2K 181 64
By hanlovestowrite26

Guys. I'm sorry I know that my updates are getting slower and I apologize. It's just I have a busy college schedule. Being a full time student is a pain! Any students here? Woohoo!

Tanks y'all!

Now back to Zach and Amira.

*****

ZACH POV:

"And you know what she said?" I pulled at my hair. "She said 'no thanks'!" I cringed as I ranted about what had happened just now.

Amira declined my offer to fix her phone and just decided it would come out of my paycheck. As if I get paid by my dad.Oh and she's still going to that heinous date with Charles.

I should fire that asshat.

Maher sighed as he plunged down on his couch. "So let me get this straight." He paused. "You ran all the way here to tell me about some girl who refused to go out with you?"

I bit my lip. "Well when you say it like that you make it sound stupid."

Maher nodded. "I'm glad you realized that."

I glared at him. "It's not stupid! It just Ive been getting these weird feeling around her. She's so mean but my heart beats faster when she's near." I looked at my sweaty palms and shoved them in front of Maher. "Look!"

Maher pushed me away and rolled his eyes. "You're in love." He patted my back. "I didn't think this would happen." He whispered to himself.

I gasped. "What!" I slapped my hands over my mouth. "Gross." I muffled. I'm not in love. I would never be. I shook my head. "Nope."

Maher shrugged. "It's scary right?"

I shook my head. "It's not scary because I'm not in love."

Maher scoffed. "Okay if that will get you to sleep in your onesie at night."

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't do that." I folded my arms.

*********

AMIRA POV:

I was getting ready for my date with Charles. Well that's if you can even call it that. I feel bad because he probibly tried to call me but my phone is shattered.

The good news is I do know where we will meet up.

I finished the outfit with black velvet pointed high heels. Tonight's outfit was a white fitting short dress and a leather coat over it. I loved the edginess it brought to my sophisticated outfit. I let my hair fall in wavy loose curls and adjusted my bangs.

As I got into the taxi, I double checked my purse and then told the taxi guy where the restaurant was. I'm not gonna lie. I was very nervous about this date because even though me and Charles work together, I didn't really know him.

But I was also a little bit excited. I hoped to at least get a good experience.

********

When I finally arrived at the restaurant I wiped my palms on the dress hoping to get rid of the slight uneasiness in my body. I breathed. I really haven't been on a date in such a long time. Or even dressed up for a guy.

I stepped into the warm restaurant and the romantic mood was quickly set. This place used soft yellow lights and had beautiful crystal center pieces on the draped white tables. It definitely looked expensive. The middle aged waitress asked me where was I to be seated and I explained I was here to see someone. I gave her the name and she checked her list.

She then nodded, smiled, and led me to Charles. We walked through many other couples who also out with their partner. It was cute expect for the other younger couples who were on their phones the whole entire time. I shook my head at them as I passed their zombie state.

I perked up when I finally saw Charles leaning in on the table. He was seated in front of an empty chair that was meant for me.

He had styled his blond hair perfectly and wore a nice loose white dress shirt paired with sleek black trousers. He was waiting with his hands clasped together until he saw me that it. His blue eyes widened and he clumsily stood up.

He thanked the waitress and she left, leaving me with a menu. "Thank you." I said as she made her way back. I then turned to Charles. "Hi."

He scratched his chin nervously. "Hel-Hello." He smiled cheekily. His pale skin slightly getting redder.

I laughed. "Hi." I said again and felt my cheeks heat up.

"You look beautiful." He commented and I hid my face with my hands.

"Thank you." I muffled.

"Sit down." He mentioned to me and I agreed. I sat down and we started to talk about small things.

The waitress soon came along and asked what I'd like to eat. I ordered and then me and Charles went back to chatting. I enjoyed speaking with him and learned many new things about him like he actually had been homeschooled all throughout his years except for college.

Then the food arrived and we began to eat. As I was eating, my eyes started to scan the place and noticed a man sitting across from us near a window. What caught my eye was that he was wearing a black hat but a nicely fitted suit. He was also alone. It seemed like it was odd for him to be here since this place was more couple oriented.

He was also or seemed to turn away from me. It felt a little odd but I tried to look away and ignore him. I tried to get back with Charles and his conversation but I couldn't. The suddenly the stranger took off his hat and I gasped.

Zach!

My eyes widened as I examined him. Why was he here too?

I abruptly stood up almost spilling the cold water in the fancy glass. "Sorry." I quickly said. "I'm going to go to he restroom." I explained as I watched Zach huddle against the wall. I knew he knew that I knew.

Charles nodded. "Okay sure."

I took off the napkin off my lap and proceeded to walk over to him. Zach's table faced the back of Charles so me and Zach were out of sight.

This was perfect because I could ask him what the hell he was doing here.

As soon as Zach saw me coming over he quickly tried to duck under the table but I already saw the moron. "Zach?" I whispered loudly as I leaned over to look at him.

He quickly got back up in his seat and removed the hat he had on revealing his brown messy hair. "What do you wan lady?" He asked casually as if I didn't just see him try to hide.

I put my hand over my hips and rolled my eyes. "Why are you here?" I asked as I scanned his table. Nobody was here.

Zach put his hand under his chin. "I'm waiting for a date." He said with his brows raised as if I was stupid not to know that.

"Really?" I was taken aback. "With whom?" I guess I was over analyzing. Maybe he really was here on a date and not to stalk mine.

Zach rolled his eyes. "Duh. Who wouldn't go out with this beauty." He scoffed and pointed to himself. Although he was acting as the usual self centered Zach, something was still off.

"Okay." I big my lip, deep in thought forgetting I had red lipstick on. "Well good luck." I said and stepped away from the table still skeptically watching Zach.

"Toodaa loo." He waved his hand carelessly as if I was a mere peasant bothering him.

*****

After going to the restroom because I can't just lie, Charles wouldn't appreciate that. I headed back to the lovely area where I was seated.

On the way back I still was mesmerized by the theme and the intricate details put into this place. I wonder how Charles knew of such a lovely place. He really knew how to make a good first impression.

At least a whole lot better than some past men I've managed to date. They would usually make the dates at either a sleazy club or an old ratty cafe.

Maybe I got lucky? I didn't know exactly.

As I got closer I noticed someone sitting across from my date. I almost got mad and was ready to flip a table when o realized it was Zach.

He was chatting it up like no other day. As if him and Charles have been friends for more than a decade.

I got even more frustrated because he was taking from my time. What happened to his nonexistent date? That liar.

I frowned as I reached my table. "Zach?" I stressed with my lips firmly pressed. "Where's your date?"

Charles looked up and smiled. "Oh Amina! Zach was just telling me that he just saw you now and how it was a coincidence."

I glared at Zach. "A coincidence huh?" I cocked my head slightly. I think I must have looked like Chucky because Zach shivered.

But then quickly regained himself. "It is!" He nodded. "So.." He dragged as he leaned on the palm of his hands like a little puppy. "How's the date?"

"If could've been better-" I muttered and Charles said the opposite of me. Well that's probably because Zach was his boss.

Zach turned his attention to me. "Oh Amira why don't you get a chair to join us." He offered as if I was the guest.

"How about you go with your date you said you had?" I gritted and Zach just looked me.

"That would be rude of me to do that. I know you enjoy my company." He smirked and I wanted to reach over and grab a handful of his hair so I can dunk him in the Alfredo sauce in front of him.

Nontheless I grabbed a chair and watched Zach as he enthusiastically kept pushing crap out of his mouth. When I thought he was done talking he thinks of something new to say. He was definitely ruining date night.

I looked to see if Charles was as bothered as me but he seemed to be fine. HOW?!

I was not fine, I wanted to leave this second.

And I think the lord heard me because then right this second Charles got up because he had to excuse himself since he was going to attend a friends birthday.

I nodded and he looked at me. "Should we do this again maybe?"

Zach intensely watched us as if he was watching his football games.

To spite Zach I nodded and said yes. Charles smiled happily and nodded. He then grabbed his blazer and phone and headed out. He seemed to be in a rush. I'm guessing that birthday must be important.

Now me and Zach were left sitting across from each other.

"Would you like to order anything?" He suggested and I sent him a deadly glare. "Ok never mind." He zipped his lips up.

*****

"Ahh.." Zach stretched as he took a deep breath of the cold New York weather. "It's so nice." He spoke as he stuffed his hands into his dark trousers.

"Oh yes. The fresh air of pollution." I added and Zach began coughing.

"You didn't have to add that you know." He argued and I just shrugged. He shook his head and scowled at my carelessness. "Anyways." He sighed. "Where to next?" He smacked his two hands together.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Home where else?"

Zach spun around and looked into my eyes. "Who's home? Damn Amira I knew this date was moving to fast." He chuckled.

I groaned. "Will you ever stop! I can't even enjoy my date with a guy I actually liked." I complained loudly enough for passerby's to turn and look.

Zach clicked his tongue. "Tsk tsk tsk."

"What?!" I yelled. I was so frustrated.

"Charles is married." His eyes met mine as his lips curved up in joy. "I thought you'd figure that out smart girl." He blew at his fingertips as if he just filed his nails.

My shoulders slumped. "What?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 2.3K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
463K 16.7K 40
[The book is currently under high editing. Current chapter: Chapter 1] This isn't your typical business romance book you find with the sexy secretary...
282K 12.2K 71
"She was wrong for me on so many levels. For one, she belonged to another, and could never be mine. But even I, was powerless in the face of raw sedu...