A Boy's Story

By kayanoelani

At what age are you aloud to say you’ve found ‘the one’? Does it have to be perfect? Do you have to be young... More

The day I met Josh~ BOOK ONE: THE BEING IN LOVE SPIRAL
A new love
The start to a great summer
I love swimming
Independence day...what?
I don't even know what to say...
One step at a time (In other words: Rejection)
The past is a stupid thing, isn't it?
Oh come on!
Birthday sex
It's not stalking, it's loving from a distance
Hold on~ BOOK TWO: UNSCHEDULED CHANGES
Homecoming
School, among other things
Never again
Merry Christmas, Real Finale

Love, Finale

116 1 0
By kayanoelani

Part 1: a boys story finale

Two Months Later, a day before Christmas

"Josh?" I whispered into the darkness. I found myself wandering the streets, aimlessly looking for something. "Josh?" I called again, this time a bit longer. He was nowhere. Nothing…I could almost sense the absentness. I felt so empty and cold.

Finally, I saw him. He was across the street, waiting, ominously. I breathed a sigh of relief, and as I crossed the street I wondered idly how I got here. He turned and ran before I got the chance to catch him, and I couldn't register the sound of screeching tires before my heart lurched to a stop and I shot up in bed.

Josh wasn't by my side. He was gone! I threw the covers off of me and decided to go check myself in the mirror for any leftover bruises from our rough sex. I stripped and observed myself in the full-body mirror behind the door; almost completely gone…he'll be happy. I grinned to myself and went to look for him. He came through my doorway as I left the bathroom. I smiled, but the expression on my face quickly changed to confusion as he handed me a tuxedo. I gripped the hanger, then gave him a questioning look.

"Put it on, every one's waiting downstairs." He pecked me quickly on the lips and turned towards the door before I had a chance to ask him what was going on. It was then that I noticed he was also wearing a tux, it accentuated his curves and figure flawlessly. I slipped the tux over my body, brushed my teeth, and straightened my hair before heading out the door.

Downstairs the first thing I noticed was the flower pedals everywhere, and my heart skipped a beat as the first option popped up in my head. Was today the day we would wed? No…we hadn't agreed on a date yet…then…what's going on?

The second thing I noticed was Jake sitting at the table. He was also wearing a black tux like me and as soon as he saw I'd reached the bottom of the stairs he stood up and took my hand, his eyes glistening with tears. They weren't happy tears, they were tears of pain. I could almost feel the sadness as it ghosted around the room. I was confused, extremely confused…

I felt another person take my hand, this time a gentler touch. Emily's cheeks were streaked with tears, the same expression on her face and the same sadness in her eyes. I looked down at her, wondering what she would be wearing; a black dress with two simple straps. Izzy wrapped her arms around my neck and I felt her cold tears on my neck, she wore the same thing as Em.

"Guys," I started, but I then I noticed Josh standing by the open door. He put a finger to his lips, gesturing for me to silence myself; I stopped talking. He motioned for me to follow him out. I nudged everybody off of me carefully and as politely as I could before following him. After I was out the door I realized we were all getting in the same silver car. A car I'd never seen before. I sat next to him and he gave me a smile, but it never reached his eyes. He looked…emotionless. Empty. The car started moving.

"Where are we going?" I wondered out loud. He just grinned once more and turned to look out of the window. I sighed and looked forward, Emily leaning her head on my shoulder. I was about to ask where Cole was to fill the awkward silence, but that's when I noticed he was the one driving. Something about the silence prevented me from asking where we were going, and as much as the curiosity was killing me, I knew deep down in my heart that it was no place good.

The cars stopped and I followed Josh out the door, shutting it behind me. Everybody that came with us, and then about fifty other people dressed in black headed up the hill we had parked at the bottom of. I was about to follow, when something tugged on my arm, and I looked over my shoulder to see Josh heading the other direction towards a nearby forest. I had to jog to catch up, and it wasn't easy in a tux. As soon as I'd reached the edge of the forest Josh yanked me closer and pushed me up against a tree violently, gripping the white collar of my shirt. I kissed back feverishly, instantly turned on, as if all my worries had disappeared. I moaned and tangled my fingers in his hair, wanting so much more.

"Dylan?" Izzy called from where we just were. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her coming towards us.

"I love you…," Josh whispered.

"What are you doing over here?" she asked me.

"I don't know…," I responded, trying not to blush.

"Where do you think we are?" asked Emily.

"I don't know, Josh won't tell me," I laughed. Shock crossed her face and brand new tears over flowed, she turned away and ran towards the crowd towards the top of the hill where everyone was gathering.

"Dylan…Josh isn't here," Izzy explained. I saw the agony in her features as she tried as hard as she could not to cry like Emily did. Her effort failed and she started sobbing.

"He died a week ago on his way home, he was hit by a drunk driver. We're at his funeral," she told me, her voice cracking and her tears running out of control.

I couldn't do anything, my insides were gone. I couldn't cry. I couldn't think. I couldn't move. I couldn't  do anything but sit in the chairs while the funeral went on.

"Josh!" I screamed once more, shooting up in bed, soaked in a cold sweat. He shot up too and kept his arms around me, drowsily rubbing his eye.

"What, what?" he muttered, barely awake. I gasped, breathing in and out.

"Nothing sorry," I stuttered, getting comfy again on his chest, trying to hide the tears and sudden sobs coming from within me.

"Ugh, we should probably get up, it's already twelve thirty." He sat up and scratched his head. I slept…well I was in a deep sleep. That's for sure.

"Just a dream…," I whispered to myself.

"Huh?" He turned around and took my hand. "You can tell me honey," he persuaded. I was silent for a few seconds.

"Just a bad dream," I finally murmured. He nodded.

"Well it's over now," and with that he got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

Izzy and Jake insist we go to this gay bar again, and it took them so long just to get ready! Josh and I were the first ones to be ready for gods' sakes.

"Are you sure you wanna go again?" Josh murmured as he wrapped his arm around me. We were both waiting for Emily to get here since she was driving us, and Izzy and Jake were using their time to get perfect for all the gay guys there.

"Yeah…we haven't really gotten out of the house in awhile," I told him. He nodded, getting comfy on the couch seeing as we would probably be waiting for a few minutes…

"Dylan, can I ask you something?" he wondered. I nodded, smiling. I curled up closer to him, still terrified from that dream.

"Why did you call off the wedding…?" he murmured.

I shrugged and rested my head on his chest, "I guess I just wasn't ready for something like that…and, besides, it's illegal in Michigan…," I trailed off. He growled.

"Stupid bastards," he snickered sarcastically. I laughed and hugged his warm torso, pressing my lips against his. He kissed me lightly for a moment and leaned his head back, admiring me. I grinned at him and observed him the same way. I was never going to get over him…no matter how hard I tried. I would marry him someday…that day just wasn't in the near future.

"Let's go." Izzy murmured from the doorway. When did she get down here?

"Emily's here already?" asked Josh. She nodded and grabbed him by the collar playfully.

"Cole is too," she added. Josh sighed and reached his hand out to me reluctantly. I took it and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was so warm and my body seemed to fit into his perfectly.

"Where is he?" I wondered out loud, suddenly realizing I haven't had a decent conversation with my brother sense I got home from the hospital.

"Car," she nodded towards the door. "You go, I'll be out in a minute," she told me. I headed towards the door but stopped when I felt a tug on my arm. I turned around and Izzy had Josh by the shirt. He looked just as puzzled as I felt. I sighed and released his arm, heading out the door without him. I wonder what she needed him alone for. I needed him, I needed him now so badly after last night. That was so terrifying…the worst nightmare I've ever had. I climbed into the car like I had in my dream, except Cole was the one by the window.

"Hey bud," I poked his shoulder. It was about time I talked to him.

"Hey douche," he chuckled and poked me back. I rolled my eyes.

"So, who told you that you could get my best friend pregnant?" I asked, finally bringing this subject up on him. He sighed.

"It was never meant to happen…and I mean…just that one time…," he trailed off.

"I love her, and I'm going to be with her forever. You don't ever have to worry about that Dylan," he told me. I nodded.

"Thanks bro, I just hope you know what you're doing. You both mean so much to me." He smiled.

"I do. For once in my life I actually do know what I'm doing." He grinned again, happy. His happiness made me full with joy as well.

"Hey, I have a question," I told him. This was actually something I've been wondering about for some time now.

"Sure, shoot."

"How are you making money to pay for food and bills and stuff? Last time I checked you didn't have a job."

"Dylan, let me worry about that stuff, okay?" he looked at me the way dad used to when I told him I wanted to go hunting with him when I was little.

"No, alright, you're having a baby and you need as much money as you can get. I want to help," I pushed, suddenly set on helping in any way that I could. It was time I had responsibilities. He pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his knees.

"Do you know those videos we see on youtube of the crazy guys who jump across buildings and do flips and stuff?" he asked randomly.

"Yeah…," I answered, confused.

"That's kind of how I do it…I race. Once every month I go out and meet my friend, I bet as much money as I can afford, and then I race about ten other people. We have to run across town, and jump at least twenty buildings, then go back the way we came. If we win he gives us triple the amount we bet on. I always win," he explained, grinning at the end. My mouth fell open, and at first I didn't believe him, but he would have no reason to lie.

"Whoa…that's amazing…," I whispered.

"It is. It's such a rush…but it gives me a lot of money. So I don't need help."

"Okay…," was all I could say. I would always be the baby of the family, as much as I wanted to avoid it, I always would be. Cole had been risking his life twelve times a year just so I could eat…he's so brave… I was so lucky to have a brother like him.

"I love you Cole," I nudged his shoulder. He smiled.

"Love you too man, love you too." With that Izzy, Jake, Emily, and Josh all got in the car with us. Josh sat by me and grinned. I took his hand and leaned my head against his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
822K 27.7K 33
Alexander walker and Dylan Ross. Two inseparable and most importantly 'straight' best friends who just like to mess around. What could go wrong betwe...
1.8K 74 53
Well this is a fun adventure of two bestfriend finding their true love. And this is a fanfiction of Dyaln and Cole sprouse
24.2K 383 19
It quickly became heated. I grabbed his back and pulled him closer to me making our waists grind into each other. I slipped my tung into his mouth an...