Merc Of The Frontier: A Titan...

By After_Hours_Writer

After a near death experience with the IMC, a young Apex Predator pilot and his Titan end up in an unknown wo... More

Betrayal
A New Mission
Initiation
Combat Efficiency
First Day
Combat Class
Bullying
Leadership
Faunuses
Predators Collide
Best Day Ever
Authors Note (Closed)
The Date
Making Contact
Savior Of Roses
Dance Preparations
Dressed To Impress
A New Faction
Why Become A Predator?
Breach
Mourning Our Losses
Vytal Festival: Round One
Atlas vs Apex
Vytal Festival: Round Two
Disqualification
The Ultimate Sacrifice
A New War
Volume 2 Trailer
[Vol. 2] A New Predator
[Vol 2] Man's Best Friend
[Vol 2] Entering VR
Outfits
[Vol 2] Double Jumping
[Vol 2] Relaxing With Ruby
[Vol 2] Parkour 101
[Vol 2] Reunion With Old Friends
Thank you All
[Vol 2] Slone's Tale

Story Time

10.1K 147 49
By After_Hours_Writer

Predator's POV

Yang: Before you say anything I want to get team JNPR here.

Okay?

Yang texted Nora and in about 5 minutes they came to the hangar and sat with us.

Predator: Pilots. We are what every rifleman dreams of becoming. We're trained and augmented to decimate armies and then some alone.

Blake: Augmented? How?

Predator: Bones in all my limbs have been replaced by the same materials used on a Titan. My cloaking capability is nothing more than a chip in my brain.

Ruby: Whaaaa?

She was dumbfounded by it.

But that's not what makes us a true threat. What makes us a true threat is our bond.

Weiss: Bond?

Predator: The bondage of a pilot and their Titan. We are binded by a neural link.

Ruby: What?

I took off the helmet and showed her the needles in the helmet.

Ruby: Ouch.

Weiss: So what kind of training do you take?

Predator: Back when I was in the IMC, pilot training was nothing like this.

Weiss: And what does that mean?

Predator: The training was gruesome to say the least. Mortality rate was at 98% to ensure that only the best of the best can be called pilots.

Ruby: It sounds pretty tough.

Predator: You have no idea.

She sat on my lap. I just pulled her close to me and stroked her hair.

Blake: So who is the IMC and why did you leave them?

Predator: My father was one of the head researchers for Hammond Robotics: The company affiliated with the Interstellar Manufacruring Corporation. I grew up in the IMC and was taught their values and beliefs.

Blake: And what was that belief?

Predator: In order to save our home, we had to exploit resources on other planets. If there were people on it then we evacuate them. At least I thought that was their belief.

Blake: What happened to make you leave and become a mercenary?

Predator: My father died at a young age. As for my mother she died giving birth to me. The only person I had growing up was a man named Kuben Blisk. He was a specialist for the IMC and a good one at that. He taught me the basics of being a specialist so when I took pilot training at 14 it made it easier for me to survive it. Once I was 15, I completed my pilot training and got Legion. The day I got Legion was the day I found out the IMC killed my father.

Ruby hugged me as hard as she could.

Predator: Blisk was fed up with the IMC and gave me an offer to leave them and to join him. I took it. So one day I got on Legion and literally left the IMC. With that I became who I am today.

Blake: An Apex Predator.

Predator: Yeah.

I grabbed some wood along with some blankets to find team JNPR gone. I gave a blanket to each person. I put more wood in the fire and as I sat down, Ruby wrapped the blanket around me and herself. One by one everyone fell asleep by the fire as Ruby spoke.

Ruby: You alright? You just lost a friend.

Predator: Yeah. I'm alright.

Not really. I killed a former comrade turned psychopath.

Ruby: Promise me something.

Predator: Alright. What is it?

Ruby: Promise me that you won't leave me.

I looked into her silver eyes to see her about to cry.

She's actually worried about me?

I kissed her forehead.

Predator: I promise Ruby.

She kissed me and fell asleep on me smiling. I just did the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 396 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
141K 2.2K 27
Y/N L/N, part time lab assistant, is trying to make his way in the world to help pay his way through Beacon, Until one day the lab brought in an aste...
13.9K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
16.4K 288 21
final book of the "Remnant's King" series. 18 years later, Gojira and his wives move onto patch and start to raise their children. the children then...