Afraid // Calum Hood

By sugarplumluke

"Calum, why is everyone in this town so afraid of you?" [this isn't scary i promise] More

Prologue
Chapter 1 // Moving In
Chapter 2 // Warning
Chapter 3 // Paint
Chapter 4 // Surprise
Chapter 5 // Groceries
Chapter 6 // Bouquets
Chapter 7 // Sleepover
Chapter 8 // Compromise
Chapter 9 // Cuddles
Chapter 10 // Never Have I Ever
Chapter 11 // Party
Chapter 13 // Status
Chapter 14 // History
Chapter 15 // Pier
Chapter 16 // Dip
Chapter 17 // Oreos
Chapter 18 // Clink
Chapter 19 // Date
Chapter 20 // Town
Chapter 21 // Crush
Chapter 22 // Truth
Chapter 23 // Exhale
Chapter 24 // Marinara
Chapter 25 // Lunch
Chapter 26 // Sydney
Chapter 27 // Perfect
Chapter 28 // Eric
Chapter 29 // Court
Chapter 30 // Phone Calls
Chapter 31 // Buts
Chapter 32 // Explanations
Chapter 33 // Hot
Chapter 34 // Break
Chapter 35 // Heartbreak
Chapter 36 // Diving
Chapter 37 // Packing
Chapter 38 // Airports (And Dolla Bill$)
Chapter 39 // Calum
Chapter 40 // Reunited & It Feels So Good
Chapter 41 // Bliss
Chapter 42 // Carnival
Chapter 43 // Real Estate
Chapter 44 // Ours
Chapter 45 // Drunk
Chapter 46 // Aftermath
Chapter 47 // Going Out
Chapter 48 // Hospital
Chapter 49 // Awake
Epilogue

Chapter 12 // First

225K 6.2K 12.5K
By sugarplumluke

Adelaide's Point of View

Nightfall surrounded us after hours of endless conversations. I adored Calum's friends and I adored the friendship the three of them shared. They were obviously a benefit to Calum's difficulties in life.

As the attractive boys changed into their pajamas and got situated in Calum's basement to watch a film, which included Luke cuddling me into his body like a pillow, Ashton finally turned the lights off so they could attempt to get some decent sleep.

"I'll go walk Addy home," Calum declared, standing up from his seat on his leather sofa where his pillows were currently propped up against.

Luke's grip on my waist tightened and his lips curled, pouting up at the dark haired boy. "What? Why can't she sleepover? I don't want my new best friend to leave me!"

I chuckled, releasing myself from his grasp and gave Luke a hug, along with a friendly kiss on his pale cheeks. Calum's jaw clenched tighter with fury as he put his hands in his pockets, watching me intently as I gave Ashton a hug as well. "It was lovely to meet you boys. I'll probably come over tomorrow if that's alright with you guys. How long are you staying here?"

"Too long," Ashton teased, ruffling my hair with a giggle. "Bye, Addy."

I waved to the two guys who had returned to snuggling deep into their makeshift beds for the night. I followed closely behind Calum as we traveled up the staircase and ducked out of his home, heading across the sandy beach to my place that was adjacent. Luckily the Australian weather was still quite warm, but the wind was whipping around the two of us.

"I like your friends a lot," I stated as I twisted the knob to my back door, allowing him entrance into our familiar hang out spot.

With a toss of my hand, my heels that I was holding fell to the hardwood floors, initiating an echo throughout the baron room. Calum shook his head at me. "I think Luke liked you a little too much."

A laugh escaped my lips as I headed upstairs, knowing Calum well enough that his puppy like quality would cause him to follow me. He took a seat on the edge of my bed, watching me remove the bobby pins out of my hair and letting the chocolate locks roam free. Glimpsing in my mirror, I could see Calum's beautiful face staring at me, his giant lips tempting me to kiss him right then and there. I couldn't even deny my liking for Calum at this point, I had a crush on Calum Hood, and I was desperately hoping he felt the same way.

I fumbled with the zipper of my dress as I planned on getting changed into much more comfortable attire. Calum leaped to his feet in seconds. "I got it, Ad," He assured, his large hands sweeping my hair to one side of my neck. I could feel my breathing hitch in my throat. "I've been wanting to take this dress off you all night."

His hands grazed across my skin as he slowly and carefully unzipped my red dress, letting it fall to my feet. His index finger trailed over my exposed body from my ribs down to my hips, until he finally spun me around, pushing me against my black bedroom wall with his dark eyes locked on mine. "You know, I think that no matter how much Luke likes you, I will always like you more."

His voice was velvety and raspy and Calum placed kisses down my neck, his body pressing tightly against mine. I could feel myself gulp as he began kissing up my jawline. Calum smirked at me. "Do I scare you, Ad?"

"You don't scare me at all," I told him firmly, placing my hands underneath his thin t-shirt and tugging it up his body swiftly, feeling the muscles on his toned abdominals and chest as I did so. I left my hands locked around his neck. 

The two of us exchanged glances, both of our eyes flickering from our lips to our irises, until finally he crashed his lips against mine, igniting those fireworks in my belly that I admired. It wasn't like our other kisses, it was full of hunger and lust. I jumped up in one quick motion, wrapping my legs around his waist. Calum gripped onto my butt and moved the two of us onto my comfy mattress, never breaking the kiss. I fell to my back with him on top of me and our passionate make-out session continued as I reached for the button on his faded skinny jeans, attempting to pull them down his long legs.

Calum helped me remove his pants as he unclasped my bra, with less effort than I expected, before he kissed me even harder and with more desire than I could have ever asked for. "Cal," I whispered softly. He dettached our lips, his brown eyes scanning my face with concern. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Calum asked, making my heart flutter with his term of endearment.

"Do you, um, do you have protection?" I inquired with a hint of embarassment and Calum giggled, pecking my lips again.

"Someone's eager," He teased. I loved the way we could joke around when we were moments away from being the most vulnerable we could ever get. He bent down and gripped what was in his pocket. "Yes, Ad. I do. Don't be afraid."

We picked up where we left off, a symphony of screams filling the room as I left scratches across his bronzed back like an artist painting with only red across a tan canvas. During no point in time did I even consider any of Michael's warnings because I truly did not care. All I cared about was the thrill of our synchronized movements and the taste of his lips and the way his pupils dilated with lust. With every touch he left on my body I knew that I liked Calum more and more.

He truly was one of the most important people in my life. It was astonishing to think how quickly we became such close friends and how I'm comfortable enough with him to be completely bare.

The night continued, with nothing but the sound of lips smooching together filling the room. Whenever we made eye contact, my heart would stop. It was more than just exhilarating, it was blissful in every possible way imaginable.

Calum rolled onto the spot of the bed next to me after we had reached our climax, the two of us panting heavily with our chests rising and falling. Calum turned on his side and sent me one of his award-winning smiles. "That was amazing, Ad."

"You're amazing," I countered, giggling like an innocent school girl.

He pressed another sweet kiss onto my lips. "I really hate to do this to you, and I feel like a total douche, but if the boys wake up and I'm not there I will literally be dead meat. So I have to head off. But can you please come over in the morning?"

I nodded my head with a grin, scooching over to him and kissing him delicately again before he hopped out of the bed and wobbled on one foot as he put his pants back on. "I'm sorry for leaving, honestly. I would love to stay with you."

"It's okay," I assured him. "You don't get to see them that often, go enjoy it before they have to go back to Sydney."

Calum bent over and pecked my forehead with his chapped lips, while pulling his shirt over his head simutaneously. "Alright well goodbye, beautiful."

"Bye Cal," I called, curling into the fetal position as he exited the room. I was going to have no problem falling asleep after enduring one of the greatest moments of my life.

--

A pair of yoga pants clung to my sore legs that were treading across the sand to Calum's house. I was quite exhausted, but my pleasure from last night could not be denied. I knocked quietly, afraid that I may wake someone, and waited patiently to be greeted.

The bubbly Ashton opened the door, letting me step inside. His bright smile was revealed as I enveloped him in for a hug. "Addy!"

"Ash!" I cheered right back, kicking my shoes off and darting down to the kitchen. Luke was lounging at the table and he immediately noticed my presence, his blue eyes widening slightly and a grin sweeping over his features. "Hey Lukey. Good to see you again."

He stood up from his chair and gave me an embrace as well, his lingering a bit longer than Ashton's. When we broke apart, Calum entered the kitchen from the small bathroom in the hallway, and he beamed with delight as he saw me. Calum instantly wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up, which only made me squeal, and he set me down on the countertop with his body standing in between my two legs and his hands resting on my thighs.

"I'm really glad you came over again," Calum cooed.

"So is Luke," I teased, making myself chuckle. The other two boys had disappeared into the basement again, probably wandering away from our coupley behavior. Speaking of being a couple, I was still unsure of where Calum and I now stood in terms of our relationship.

"Very funny," Calum stated sarcastically. "What would you like for breakfast? I'm cooking the boys pancakes and scrambled eggs, but if you want something different I can get you whatever."

"Pancakes and scrambled eggs sounds perfect," I insisted. He nodded and turned on his heel to get started on preparing the meal, but I tugged on his arm before he could. "Calum, what are we?"

He shrugged, biting down on his bottom lip. "We're just friends, right?"

I sighed, an overwhelming sense of sadness filling my veins. "Friends don't have sex with each other," I explained with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

"Friends with benefits?" Calum tried, lifting his eyebrows as he searched my face for some kind of reaction.

I leaped off of the granite countertop, my feet hitting the hardwood floors with a thud. "I'm not going to be your like mistress, Calum."

He grasped my hand, intertwining our fingers together. "You know you mean more to me than just that, Addy. I just don't want to lose you, okay? Relationships don't work out well for me."

I pressed my lips into a thin line and shook my hand out from his. "Fine," I stated firmly, almost shouting. I smirked at him. "But you do know that friends with benefits means no commitment, yeah? Which means that I can date other guys. Is that what you want?"

His brown eyes scanned over me as he swallowed slowly, clearing his throat. "Well, no, not really. But I mean, I guess that's okay, if that's what you want."

"Good," I said maliciously with a devilish grin. "Luke!" I yelled loudly, and the tall blonde trotted up the staircase within a matter of seconds.

I put my hands on his forearms and slowly traveled them up across his biceps and broad shoulders and finally locked them behind his neck. I could feel every muscle tensing beneath my touch. "Sorry to interrupt your talk with Ashton, I just thought I should tell you how attractive I think you are."

"Adelaide," Calum barked from beside me. Luke's lips were quivering as he glanced between the two of us, trying to figure out what was going on.

Luke finally placed his hands on my waist, although he was very aware of Calum's stare on us. I did my best to stay as seductive as possible, in order to make Calum jealous. "Thank you. I find you very attractive as well."

"You're so sweet," I mumbled, raising onto my tippy-toes. I didn't part my eyes away from his dashing blue ones as I leaned in. 

"Addy, please," Calum begged, but I ignored him as I inched even closer, our faces only centimeters apart. "Ad!"

I finally left a kiss on the outer corner of his lip, dangerously close to a full on lip-lock. Calum muttered profanities under his breath as I let go of Luke. He was too stunned to speak and he shuffled out of the room in confusion. I faced Calum, who was now utterly pissed, and I laughed. "So, do you still want to be friends with benefits?"

"I don't want to be friends at all anymore, especially after that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Omg ok so I did like minor smut cause I know some people don't like it but I'm sorry for the people who expected more hehe

Thank you soooo much for reading! I really hope you're enjoying the story. What do you think of Luke and Ashton? Hot damn I'd love to be surrounded by all of them mmm

How about the ending of this chapter, eh?

So yeah they're moving really fast but whatevs who wouldnt move fast with calum like have you seen him????? sorry my calum girl tendencies are coming out right now ok

Thanks again for reading, voting and commenting! Check back in two days for the next update, i love you all lots

Have a fantastic day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 1.9K 37
I never would've thought I would run into him 4 years later... #1 Calum Fanfic (May 2021) Beside You | Calum Hood | COMPLETED (EDITING) - Original Ve...
561 40 17
This is a boyxboy high school AU so if you're uncomfortable with gayness then please don't read :) Also, this story will contain some triggering cont...
10.8K 543 15
Eight teenagers Foolish and fearsome One forbidden room One sleepless night One by one they all die *short story* DISCLAIMER: I wrote this a long ti...
73K 3.3K 38
"Are you in love with Ashton?" "Sometimes. We have a love-hate agreement." Or the one where Ashton is sort of afraid of submissiveness and Calum jus...