Shh, Just Kiss Me (18+)

By GRRRLGERMS

Damon Grey, a basketball coach and New York City's top real estate agent, suffers in a complicated relationsh... More

Shh, Just Kiss Me
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e - IS PRIVATE
I N D I S C R E T I O N °
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
30 ° N I N E
f o u r t y ♡
f o u r t y - o n e
f o u r t y - t w o
f o u r t y - t h r e e
B A C K F I R E
FORGIVE ME
T r y / E f f o r t l e s s
f o u r t y - f o u r
f o u r t y - f i v e
f o u r t y - s e v e n
f o u r t y - e i g h t
f o u r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f i f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
d e s t r u c t i o n
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y %

f o u r t y - s i x

1.8K 48 4
By GRRRLGERMS

Damon

Nora grabbed a bag of Hot Cheetos from my cabinet. She jumps to my side on the couch and knocks the remote off the seat.

"Opps! Silly me." She jokes picking it back up.

"Yeah, yeah clumsy. Hand over the bag." I reply giggling at her. I never appreciate Nora in a way to really thank her for being there for me. Her energy today is vibrant as if she won the lottery. Her aura is contradicting. I don't know what good karma came her way but she's looks beautiful and happy.

"Boyfriend?"

"What?" She coy's. She pushed her curly-kinky fro to the side showing off the angle of her slender face. Her skin is glowing to perfection and it's cute.

"You're like really bubbly today. Who's the guy?"

"There is no guy." She says drinking straight from the bottle of Taylor Port. She drinks nervously giving me a brief side eye.

"Yeah, there is. You're blushing." I intimidate smiling at her. I'm happy for her. She's finally found someone to love and cherish. That's nice. Nora is socially awkward when meeting people so if she ended up breaking the ice, I congratulate her.

"Seriously there is no guy," She laughs. "I'm just in a really good mood. Geez, can a girl be happy without a man."

We ended the conversation. Nora's favorite television show was on. Humans. A series of episodes that show future earth in an ecosystem where the must have gadget is a synth (Synthetic humans) as they slowly take over the world and develop consciousness.

"God, I love Odie. He's so cute and adorable." She touches her chest and bows her head down in awe. "I feel so bad for him. He's lost."

"He's a robot. Technically he isn't." I insist.

"He's broken, Damon." She rolls her eyes at me.

"Whatever." She pushes me playfully. "Blondie's kinda cute." Her face changed in disgust.

"Niska? She's a cold killer. She's heartless."

"Exactly. She's a robot." I stuff a Cheeto in my mouth then chewed it aggressively because I want to annoy her besides the fact that her biggest pet peeve is hearing others chew their food.

"She's volatile and hates humans. I don't blame her, though. There isn't much hope for us anyway. Plus, they treat the synth's like trash." She replies sounding like lecturer.

"Their world looks so cool but creepy. Imagine waking up at four am at the crack of dawn and green gloomy eyes stare at you while you're drinking orange juice out of the carton when you're not supposed to. Sick!"

"Yeah, that is creepy." She get's up to go use the restroom. The show was almost over but she came back just in time to catch up on the last five minutes.

"I'm lost. How did they end up conscious in the first place?" She puts her foot on my lap.

"Well, a scientist put a program in their heads. It's all explained in season one."

"Gotcha."

"Damon, can I ask you something?"

"You may."

"Are you happy?" She turns her body fully towards me and the gloomy lights from the television glimmer on the side of her face giving her eyes and unusual eye color.

I stopped digging in the bag and looked at her. She was eyeing me with a smile, a faint one when you can tell it's forced.

"Happy? Yes, why?"

"Just askin'. It's nice to see you ecstatic and all. Haven't see you like this since high school." Then her faint smile turned genuine as if she noticed that I spotted her fake smile. In return, I did the same giving her awkward glances and wondering why she was into this conversation more than I was.

You know, now that I'm observing Nora she's acting flirtatious, which is not normal because...we're cousins but that's how she is but she doesn't have to be that way with me since we're blood.

This must be about my relationship with Jaide. Or, she could be referring to my breakup with Audrey. However, I've been very happy to be away from her once and for all. Although, I haven't seen her around much. Not that it bothers me but ever since we parted ways she stopped coming in contact with me. Audrey couldn't keep away from me somehow. Maybe she's a aware that I'm serious about seeing other people. Maybe she met someone new, too. She always finds ways to entertain herself. I'm glad she moved on. She was getting very annoying.

"Yeah, well, I mean, I guess. Glad you noticed." Out of nowhere her facial expression changed. It was like she ate something that looked so good but when she tasted it, the aroma wasn't surprising at all.

"She's too young." She blurted out lowly then went back to looking at the TV.

"Who's too young?"

"Jaide. I know you like each other but I didn't see that coming." She said in forfeit.

"Yeah, I know. Neither did I but her age is the least of my worries. She's a cool girl and I like her. She's different--- far from what I like. There are things I didn't realize about myself while being her. I feel brand new." I confess. She wasn't surprised at my response. She calmly shrugged her shoulders and looked down at her legs.

"I see. You're all over the place now. I like this new Damon. I don't wanna jinx anything but you're probably in the honeymoon phase. It'll end up becoming less about what it already is between you and her any moment."

"What do you mean?"

"Damon, you're twenty-six, she's nineteen."

"I never told you she was nineteen. How'd you know that?"

"It's your life. You do what you want but don't say I didn't warn you," She gets up and wipes the table with a napkin. "Its twelve am buddy. Get some rest. I'll clean up."

"It's starting to feel like you're into my relationship more than I am." I stood up to join her. I shut the television off. She was pissed.

"Hey, I was watching that." She whined like a child.

"Nora, I appreciate you looking out for me but seriously let me live my life. Go out. Go on a date. Talk to a couple of guys. Get away from me for like...ever." I laughed jokingly at the last sentence I said. "Go be a woman and experience. You're stuck on me like glue. It feels like you're dating me. The only problem is, you're my cousin." I wrinkled my nose. She playfully punched me on the arm.

"I would but there's too many assholes out there." She replied.

"I've never seen you in a relationship like ever. It's about that time."

"Wow, you experienced a six year relationship and think you're a love doctor. Bye."

"Not everybody's and asshole." I respond dusting crumbs of Cheetos off my couch.

"Piss off," She flips her hair. "I'm fine. I'm happy, okay."

"Yeah, okay."

"What happened Day? I miss when it was just the both of us." She sprawled on the couch.

"What? We just watched TV. You're over here almost everyday." I said.

"No I'm not. Now there's a girl between us. It's not the same."

"Nora, I don't even know what you're talking about anymore." I try to shove her off of my couch. I grab her purse, her car keys, and her jacket and walk her towards the door.

"I miss us, Damon. What happened?" She looked me devilishly in the eyes. I have to admit this was getting weird. I back away from her and plopped her car keys in her hand.

"Nora, you sound...weird." I start pushing her towards the door. I open it as the wind wafts under her hair and muffles in her face.

"I love you, okay," I have to admit looking into her eyes is the most weary feeling ever. I don't get this feeling when I'm around her at all but her vibe right now is starting to make me uneasy and it's unnerving. I wish she could put herself in my shoes and see how I view her. Thing is, I'm afraid to step in her shoes and see how she views me. After all, I do consider myself a wreck and she thinks I'm weak because I let Audrey treat me like shit over the years. I cannot see myself that way. I refuse to.

She caressed her finger under my chin and stared at me like I was her...lover. I quickly grabbed her hand and put it down.

"Nora, are you okay? Did you have way too many to drink?"

She giggles at me as her face crashes onto my chest. She grabs the collar of my shirt and laughs hysterically.

"I'm okay. I'm fine." She chortles softly while backing away. "You smell good. You smell really good. What is that? Dior?" She points, stumbling on her left leg.

"Clearly you're dr--"

"Fuck, chill damn-it! I'm fine. I'm just messing with you." She yelled as her echo inflates through the atmosphere . "I'll call you later, okay." She strode towards her car and jumps onto the driver's seat.

"...Nora, I don't think it's safe--" The thud of her car door closing cut me off. The engine started. I ran off my porch and ran to her car and told her to roll the window down.

"Nora," She looked at me with a vigorous gleam in her eyes. "You're drunk. Step out of the car." I said knocking on the glass.

She rolled the window down.

"I'm fine, seriously." She replied calmly. The tone of her voice was very soft and harmonious. I believed her and looked at her. I slid my hands in my pocket and sighed. "God, you're so...so humane it's annoying sometimes." She rolled up her window and drove off.

___

Likkle Note: Hey I know I've been updating slowly. Sorry, I just want to get my school work out of the way first. Anyways tings are about to getzzz real. How are you though? What's your favorite color? What's your sign? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.2K 82
He's recovering, is lead vocalist and guitar(and good with many other instruments) in a band with his friends, has tattoos, a lip piercing, blue eyes...
1.9M 43.1K 60
[18+] ENEMIES TO LOVERS SPORTS ROMANCE. °•°•°•° Hannah Walker doesn't trust anyone, especially men. They're manipulative and toxic - her lousy ex tau...
12.9K 466 17
(Book Two) I would read the first book if you haven't cause it will explain some stuff and cause it is a good book. Warning!! If you don't like men g...
1K 34 31
This books contains strong language and mature scenes. This book is being slowly rewritten. The story remains the same For Cade, life is just a neve...