Midnight With My Alpha Mate

By Jnhawkins1312

Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as qui... More

Chapter 1: Beginnings
Chapter 3 Wolfie Mysteries
Chapter 4 part 1 Play with Me?
Chapter 4 part 2 The New kid
Chapter 5 part 1 Blushing Madness
Chapter 5 part 2 Soaking Strangers
Chapter 6 Mysterious Messenger
Chapter 7 part 1 Free Day
Chapter 7 part 2 Madness
Chapter 8 part 1 Anger Management
Chapter 8 part 2 Avoidance
Chapter 9 Quiet Place
Chapter 10 part 1 Rogues
Chapter 10 part 2 Deathly Conflict
Chapter 11 Painful Pleas
Chapter 12 part 1 Breakfast
Chapter 12 part 2 Broken
Chapter 13 part 1 Shell of Lies
Chapter 13 part 2 Wildest Nightmare
Chapter 14 part 1 Alone
Chapter 14 part 2 New Enemies
Chapter 15 Alpha?
Chapter 16 part 1 The Crew
Chapter 16 part 2 Origin Story
Chapter 17 part 1 Escape
Chapter 17 part 2 New Friends
Chapter 18 part 1 Shopping
Chapter 18 part 2 Motherly Instinct
Chapter 19 part 1 Stars and Wolves
Chapter 19 part 2 Realization
Chapter 20 Escape From Paradise
Chapter 21 part 1 Blue moon Magic
Chapter 21 part 2 A Show
Chapter 22 part 1 Volunteer
Chapter 22 part 2 An Example
Chapter 23 part 1 Lake Party
Chapter 23 part 2 Taken
Chapter 24 part 1 The Enemy
Chapter 24 part 2 Father Where Art Thou?
Chapter 25 part 1 Lead me
Chapter 25 part 2 Fake it Till You make It
Chapter 26 part 1 I'll Protect you
Chapter 26 part 2 The Great One
Chapter 27 part 1 The Prophecy
Chapter 27 part 2 Great Just Great
Chapter 28 Tracking
Chapter 29: Dear Future Victim
Battle Ready
Till Death Do We Part
Princess Forever
Awakened Sleeping Beauty
Author's Announcement

Chapter 2 Alpha Boy

22.2K 660 54
By Jnhawkins1312

********** Hey Reader! I hope you enjoy my story; I was wondering if you could help me succeed by clicking that vote button! Sharing my book with friends would just make my day! I hope you enjoy the latest chapter!
-The author
*********

"All right ladies and gentlemen, you know the drill. Whichever team wins, gets to leave first. I want clean dodgeball out there, no cheating. Boys v.s Girls. Split up!" yelled Mr. Shoeman, our young gym teacher. A lot of the girls thought he was hot, with his chiseled jaw, orangish brownish hair, deep soothing voice, and not to mention his pretty brown eyes. Despite his looks, I didn't like him like that; I had my eyes on some one else, and no matter how much I wished I could get him off my mind, I couldn't. Sadly enough, Michael wasn't in my gym class, but two of his jock friends were. Trever, and Andy. Both were jerks, and both seemed to have his eye on us, which worried me. 

"GO!"

The whistle blew, and everyone scrabbled for dodge balls lined down the middle of the room. I got a couple of the guys out, and noticed Trever aiming for me; I couldn't move fast enough, and he nailed me in the head with wolf strength. The ball slammed into my head like a bullet, and I fell into the floor. I remember, before I fell, seeing Rowan charge at Trever, and hearing a door slam open. Right before I closed my eyes, I heard a man, who sounded angry enough to kill, yell something, although I couldn't identify who it was. He walked by me and towards Trever; or was it Rowan, who was currently about to punch him in the face. I can't quite remember which came first anymore. After that it was all black.

I woke up in the nurse's office. I was on the uncomfortable plastic bed, and a blue curtain was drawn around me so I couldn't see anything else in the room. I looked around dazed. What happened? I asked myself, and got out of the uncomfortable bed. As I rose, I got dizzy but I tried to walk anyway. I took an uneasy step and opened the ugly sea green-blue curtain. All around me was a bright light, causing me to wince before looking around the small room.

"Oh look, she's awake! Hello, honey, how are you feeling," I heard a sincere voice say to the left of me, "are you okay? You had quite a fall. Can you hear me? Hello?" I tried to respond but, instead I collapsed and strong arms behind me intercepted my fall before the world went black again.

I saw a wolf, it was black and had large, powerful legs. He stood tall and proud, the wind pushing his fur around little into the deep blue green eyes. The wolf's size told me he was a pack leader, an alpha wolf. We were in the woods somewhere and I reached out to pet his soft head. As I reached hesitantly for his head, he snapped up and bit my hand. I let our a blood-cuddling scream as the long, sharp fangs dug into my flesh. My blood began to pool in his mouth and it spilled onto the forest floor. I awoke screaming, and looked around my surroundings, afraid.

"Hey! Hey! You're alright; you're fine." I heard a calming male voice say to me.

I was back in the nurses office in the plastic bed. I looked around wildly, my knotted hair getting into my face, and I began mumbling.

"Wh-wh-where am I?" I asked hoarsely.

"You're in the nurses office, you blacked out in gym. Remember?" a deep, irritated voice said.

My memories came pouring back. I was in gym and Trever hit me in the head with a dodgeball, hard, and I blacked out.

"Oh no, Rowan must be furious! I have to find her I have to calm her down!" I tried to get out of the thin bed, but a strong hand pushed me back down.

It was warm, almost electric. I pushed off the large hand and as the tingles stopped I got up and ran out the door. Okay, now where am I? I looked around I saw two hallways, both lined with classroom doors. I ran down one that seemed the most familiar, and turned to look behind me, causing me to accidentally run into a passing student. Her books flew to the floor and she cried out in anger.

 "Oops sorry!" I yelled behind me at the angry girl.

 Smack! I hit a brick wall; strangely it was warm and comfortable, it smelled amazing, kind of like the smell of freshly fallen night and cinnamon. No Katherine, focus.

 "Ow!" I grabbed my head, a painful headache starting to form like a ball of embers in the back of my mind.

There isn't supposed to be a wall here, I thought as I looked up. It was Michael, I had ran right into his nice, warm, muscle packed chest. No! Focus kat, focus. I ran around him, muttering an apology and continued to head towards the gym. I am going to beat the tar outta Trever when I get my hands on him, I thought to myself, when suddenly a large hand grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me back down the hallway to the nurse's office.

"Let go of me! Ow! Quit; let go!" I yelled and noticed how warm the large hand was, the contact to my wrist shooting tingles up my arm.

It was Michael again. Why is he dragging me down the hall?

"Quit squirming!" he said annoyed, using his alpha tone; I instantly stopped.

It was no use, he was much stronger than I, and my soon to be alpha, meaning I had to listen to him, even if he is a blockhead. Michael opened the white door and pushed me into the nurse's office and I sat down on the bed again, giving up.

"Why am I here? I'm fine let me go." I said pointedly.

I wanted to look into his beautiful blue eyes, but I knew if I did I'd probably space out and stare at him like a creep, despite my hatred for him. I settled for staring intently at the floor, awaiting instruction from the school nurse.

"Well, I see you brought her back, thank you. I wasn't finished with her tests." the nurse said.

She had short brown hair that went to her shoulders, and small glasses shaped like ovals. She was a short and small woman she looked about 5" tall.

"What tests," I asked assuming she was talking about me, "I'm fine" I finished.

"But are you? " she asked.

I nodded, though, she didn't seem to actually want an answer. She did a few tests, having me touch my toes and follow a bright light on the end of a pen, and Michael stayed the entire time, watching me like a hawk. It was kind of creepy, the way he sat in one of the small chairs by the door, watching me perform the tests.

"Well, we know why you passed out the first time, trauma to the head, but the second faint is a bit strange. I think it may have been due the disorientation and dizziness when you awoke that caused it. No other injuries besides the minor concussion. You're free to go to class; it's 5th period."

"Why that little..." I heard Michael curse angrily but he didn't concern me, he just confused me, and I left rushing to my 5th period class.

When the final bell rang, ending the school day, I went to my locker, grabbed my bag, and started to make my way to my car.  The jerks that had parked near me followed me to my car to push me into the grass in front of the parking lot. I cursed to myself as they laughed and got into the car a few spots to the right of mine. I held in the tears and stood from the ground, wiping grass from my knees, and the girls sitting at a picnic table a few feet behind me laughed and yelled names in my direction. I couldn't let them all get to me again. I ducked my head down and hurriedly unlocked my car and got into the driver's seat. I drove home and went inside with the spare key under the door mat, holding in the tears.

No one was home so I popped open the fridge and grabbed a root beer, my favorite drink, and I plopped onto the couch, turning on the tv. I pulled out my cell phone and texted Rowan, telling her to come over. A couple minutes later, I heard a car rumbling into the driveway and I jumped off the couch before opening the front door.

"Hey" Rowan said, and hugged me as she entered my house.

I said hi back and let her into the house. My house was a small, blue, two-story home with 4 rooms inside. My room, my older brother's room, parents' room, and a guest room. It had 3 bathrooms, the biggest one connecting my room and the guest room, and a big kitchen for mom to cook in. My room was downstairs with the guest bedroom attached, and it was painted a burgundy color and my bed had dark pink sheets, at the time my favorite color was pink.

I sighed and explained the story of the nurse's office to rowan as we sat on the couch and munched on some snacks I found in the cabinet. She was angry with Trever, and just as upset about Michael's oddly possessive behavior in the nurse's office. She told me Trever had been pulled out of the game and had to sit on the side lines for the rest of the game but, it seemed even the teachers hated me because, he was allowed to join the next game. It hurt knowing my best friend was being bullied just for being friends with me, but she always told me it was worth it just being able to see me everyday. We both knew that if she hadn't befriended me, I wouldn't have bothered even going to school every day.

******Hey! I love me some cookie dough ice cream! What's your favorite ice cream?
Comment below!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 637 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
1.2M 43.1K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
13.9K 494 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
17.2K 235 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...