Steven Universe Characters X...

By talle2014

Hi Dear Reader! We've been expecting your arrival for quite some time! Well, Garnet has at the least. (She h... More

A/N
Crystal Gems x Exaggerating!Reader
Mother!Pearl x Child!Reader
Peridot x Paraplegic!Reader
Garnet x Suicidal!Reader
Amethyst x Mute!Reader
Crystal Gems x Reader
Pearl x Superstitious!Reader
Peridot x Reader
Garnet x Victim!Reader
Insecure!Amethyst x Insecure!Reader
Pearl x Lonely!Reader
Peridot x Depressed!Reader
Garnet x Psychotic!Reader
Doubtful!Amethyst x Reader
Pearl x Peridot x Reader
Garnet x Paranormal!Reader
Friendly!Blue Diamond X Friendly!Steven
Inspirational!Pearl x Successful!reader
Childish!Peridot x Reader
Pearl x Baby!Reader
Aide!Pearl x Deaf!Reader
Gem Human AU
Peridot x Gem!Reader
Undercover!Gems X Realworld!Reader
Blue Zircon x Yellow Zircon
Garnet x Reader
Pearl x Reader
Lapis x Peridot (Human AU)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 1)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 2)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 3)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 4)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 5)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 6)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 7)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 1)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 2)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 3)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 4)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 5)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 6)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 7)
A/N

Pearl x Human!Reader

7.6K 198 126
By talle2014

(Y/n) P.O.V

Ruby and Sapphire stared at each other, obviously showing the struggle to stay apart. Steven stood in front of them proudly, counting the seconds they had been so. "5 seconds! This has to be a record of time apart on your own free will!" he cheered as the two fused back together instantly.

"Ha G, I thought you don't unfuse for reasons like games." Amethyst waved a donut around. Garnet slowly turned to look at her.

"It was a dare." She said calmly.

"Steven, you shouldn't make Garnet do things like that! What if we were surprise attacked or-"

"Then I'd know about it." Garnet said, shifting her shades. "And it doesn't take that long to fuse back, it's fine Pearl." Garnet said,
returning her attention to Steven.

"Okay I dare you... to jump off the roof!" Amethyst said, pointing at Garnet.

"Absolutely not!" Pearl said, folding her arms.

"Ugh fine, I dare Steven....to fuse with me!" Amethyst snickered, laughing at Pearl. I turned to see Pearl frown and sigh as the two stood up.

"Oh! I'd love to see you guys fuse, I don't think I've ever seen you two fuse before!" I cheered.

"Alright Steven!" Amethyst grinned as the two grasped hands. A spark filled the room, disabling me from seeing anything after that. I could feel Pearl tense up beside me, her hand finding its way to mine relatively quickly.

"Pearl?" I asked uncertainly. She was cut off from answering by another person grabbing both my hands and spinning me around, tearing mine away from Pearl's. My eyes met with cheerful ones.

"Heyya! How ya doing?! I'm Smokey Quartz!" She said, letting my hands drop to my sides.

"Smokey Quartz?" I asked.

"Well, I'm half Amethyst and half Rose Quartz...what else makes a Smokey Quartz better than them?" Smokey grinned.

My eyes widened in delight. "That is...absolutely incredible!" I giggled as Smokey demonstrated her use of weapon. A yoyo, pretty much expected from Amethyst and Steven. She used a third arm that connected at the elbow of her left side to pat me on the back. I laughed as Pearl growled in a very abnormal way.

"Pearl?" I mumbled, turning around slightly to see her fuming. She grabbed my hand and roughly pulled me out of the house. "See you guys...in a bit?" I questioned, hurrying my pace to keep up with her.

We descended the stairs quickly before Pearl released her grip, shamefully rubbing the back of her neck and sheepishly walking towards the ocean. I watched her as she sat on the sand, knees to her chest.

I slowly walked towards her, curious as to what triggered her. I sat beside her quietly, placing my hand on top of hers. "Are you ok?" I asked quietly, watching for any signs of movement. She stiffened before removing her hand from mine.

"I...I'm sorry I dragged you out of there like that." She apologised, turning her head away and rubbing her arm. "I just... when Steven began to fuse with Connie... I was hoping to be the first gem he fused with... I haven't been Rainbow Quartz in years, the last time was in front of Greg with Rose and now... well...you know." She looked out towards the ocean, eyes blank.

"Pearl-"

"And I know, I'm talking about Rose... I probably shouldn't seeing as I'm with you now but...ugh... I wish we could fuse." She quickly entwined our fingers together, squeezing my hand lightly.

"I wish we could too." I said quietly, "Fusion is the ultimate connection between gems... it reflects that the gems fusing put trust in one another, they have the ultimate connection." I said sadly. "I wish I wasn't human, I wish I was a gem that way-"

"No." Pearl said confidently, "That was exactly why I fell in love with you." She looked at me. "I knew you were human and I knew you wouldn't be able to fuse, wishing you could now do so is silly... I love you and I don't care if you can't do something that is special to us gems." I looked at her.

"You only love me because I'm human." I repeated. Ouch. Those words stung. Pearl looked at me alarmed, our hands separating once more.

"What?! N-no! That's not what I meant... i-well it's one of the reasons but! No...wait I mean- oh no...no no no I'm getting it all wrong... im sorry I just..." Pearl sighed in frustration as I pated her back, patiently waiting her explanation.

"It's ok." I said. She looked up at me, silently staring before looking out to nothing once more.

"I never understood why humans were such a big deal." She said finally, "I didn't want to understand or learn about a species that couldn't possibly be anything like my own. Humans, I thought, were basic primitive beings- I was protecting their planet! That changed though, when I met you it was strange. I thought it was just a friendly feeling, neutral at the most. Yet it wasn't. I fell in love with you and treated you just like any other gem. I fell in love with someone who was pure, sweet and kind, a personality so bright it shines brighter than any stupid Diamond Authority could ever shine. I fell in love with who you were and only that... on the outside, you just happened to also be a human and then I learned that it didn't matter if you were human, you were even more special to me because of that."

I hugged Pearl at her side, my head resting against her right shoulder. "Well I'm glad that it was me." I mumbled as she hugged me back. "The fusion doesn't matter half as much now that you've said that." I replied. I could almost feel Pearl smile as she began to play with my hair, her fingers twirling and creating intricate patterns with the locks on my head.

Our private moment was interrupted by Steven rushing out towards us and calling our names. "Steven!" Pearl exclaimed surprised as he slowed to a stop.

"Pearl! (Y/n)! Are you okay?! Why did you leave like that? Was it something I said?" Steven worried as I ruffled his hair.

"Nah it's ok, we just needed some fresh air." Pearl said. Steven blew a sigh of relief as I smiled at the lucky hybrid boy. Then I frowned. Pearl and Steven seemed to have noticed this. "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Steven," I asked, "You can fuse with humans right?" He looked at me before nodding. Pearl frowned.
"(Y/n), what are you planning?" She asked me.

"Maybe there is a way we can technically fuse." I said excitedly. "And Steven can help." Pearl's eyes widened as she realised what I had said.

"Me? You two fuse? Wait- you told me humans can't fuse with gems Pearl. And you two want to fuse together?" Steven asked the last part excitedly.

"Well theoretically a human and gem can't but maybe we could use you like the glue in holding us together." Pearl said.

"Wait...the glue?" Steven asked confused. I nodded.

"If we fuse together Steven, we can fuse with Pearl afterwards, therefore Pearl and I can achieve a gem's most sacred relationship- a fusion! With you in the middle." I said excitedly. Steven looked at me before deciding on the next actions.

"Wait, is this going to be one of those rare (Shipname) moments?!" Steven asked excitedly. Pearl and I exchanged looks while blushing.

"Well, if you want to put it that way...yes?" Pearl asked uncertainly. Steven clapped his hands and jumped up and down excitedly.

"OKAY THEN LETS FUSE!" Steven jumped up to me and hugged me quickly as his gem began to glow.

Pearl P.O.V

"That was fast." I said as (Y/n) and Steven stood before me, fused together as one.

"Wow... I never expected fusion to feel this way." they said. They held out a hand to me and lifted me up before smiling.

"Well, it's now or never I guess." I mumbled, being led into a small fusion dance. Theoretically, this had a 50-50 chance of working. Mentally, I didn't think it would work. But we tried anyway.

Then everything was a bright white and I was Pearl no more.

It worked.

And it felt amazing, not only had I fused with Steven but I was with (Y/n). It was just so, right. I could tell that (Y/n) was happy too.

Steven was beyond overwhelmed with excitement and above all, the fusion worked. We were in sync and thought as one. It worked.

Amethyst P.O.V

Garnet and I exited the house to see a "giant woman" as Steven would put it. My eyes widened. "Who is that?!" I looked at Garnet before noticing the gems on the forehead and navel of the being. "Wait a sec... Is that Steven and Pearl?!" I asked. Garnet shook her head.

"Not quite." She answered, "(Y/n) is in there to." My jaw dropped as I watched the fusion jump, dance and run around, playing in the sea.

"(Y/n) is there!?" I asked in surprise. "But she's human...and Pearl is a gem and Steven..." The sudden realisation hit me. "Steven is the glue holding the two together!" I exclaimed.

"Exactly." Garnet replied as I waved a hand.

"Pft what a waste of time! Why is he doing that? I know it's nice and stuff but he realises that he won't be able to unfuse for quite a while right?" Garnet shifted her shades before looking at me.

"He knows that but he's happy for them Amethyst, he likes seeing his friends happy, you'll understand it one day, just watch at how happy she is." Garnet pointed to the cheerful fusion.

"But why? Why are they fused? There isn't any danger and it's not in Pearl's nature to randomly do it for no reason." I looked at Garnet who removed her shades, revealing her three eyes. Did I ever mention how cool I found them? No? Well now I have. Garnet smiled at me knowingly.

"For the same reason I am." She replied. "Love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 4.7K 22
SPOILERS!!!!!! in the title
46.1K 1.2K 70
You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Quiet town called Beach City, You soon meet...
229K 3.7K 36
ON HIATUS! Ever wished you could have as many adventures as Steven? Because me too.
285K 6.7K 36
This is a Garnet x Reader. Its mostly kid friendly. Also, you are a 14 year old girl, who is human, half gem. Hope you like! ❤