Steven Universe Characters X...

By talle2014

Hi Dear Reader! We've been expecting your arrival for quite some time! Well, Garnet has at the least. (She h... More

A/N
Crystal Gems x Exaggerating!Reader
Mother!Pearl x Child!Reader
Peridot x Paraplegic!Reader
Garnet x Suicidal!Reader
Amethyst x Mute!Reader
Crystal Gems x Reader
Pearl x Superstitious!Reader
Peridot x Reader
Garnet x Victim!Reader
Insecure!Amethyst x Insecure!Reader
Pearl x Lonely!Reader
Peridot x Depressed!Reader
Garnet x Psychotic!Reader
Doubtful!Amethyst x Reader
Pearl x Peridot x Reader
Friendly!Blue Diamond X Friendly!Steven
Inspirational!Pearl x Successful!reader
Childish!Peridot x Reader
Pearl x Human!Reader
Pearl x Baby!Reader
Aide!Pearl x Deaf!Reader
Gem Human AU
Peridot x Gem!Reader
Undercover!Gems X Realworld!Reader
Blue Zircon x Yellow Zircon
Garnet x Reader
Pearl x Reader
Lapis x Peridot (Human AU)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 1)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 2)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 3)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 4)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 5)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 6)
Peridot x Reader (Pt 7)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 1)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 2)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 3)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 4)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 5)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 6)
The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 7)
A/N

Garnet x Paranormal!Reader

8K 176 101
By talle2014

(Y/n) P.O.V

"What's wrong?" My voice trailed out quietly, I stood still, the wind blowing my hair lightly as the breeze carried my words towards the recipient. I didn't expect words because expecting anything, even the simplest of things, was something I believed I should not do.

To believe that words will come when you want is improper, words are a privilege, not a necessity.

So the figure stood in front of me, beckoning me with a wave of a hand, the words never there.

Of course, the dead never speak.

"Are they here?" I asked the figure, tall and proud she stood, pink curly hair and a beautiful floaty dress, I wasn't certain at the time if this lady was deceased or simply silent but she encouraged me to follow her, walking at first and only to pick up on pace once I neared, jog turning into a run.

She nodded her head in response to my question, the only "they" she referred to was obvious. The creatures.

She frowned sadly before pointing towards a temple like mountain, the body of an ancient like goddess with multiple limbs carved into the face of the rock, in her hands rested a home.

"Who are the creatures attracted to?" I asked in hope of an answer. The woman closed her eyes before touching a pink stone that was embedded inside her navel, the faceted gem sparkling in the sun.

"A gem?" I asked in astonishment, curious for the unusual item. "I shall look for... a gem like that." I states as the woman nodded.

I bit my lip in worry. "You know what the creatures are here for?" I asked, the presence of something dark surrounding me. The woman shook her head. "I can sense them- more than ever before, the creatures are here for the person you worry for- they smell-" the woman cover my mouth, understanding instantly what I had tried to say before hugging me tightly, the trust she had was passed on to me before she took a step back and gestured for me to go towards the home.

I nodded my head for myself, an act of security before rushing up the wooden steps and knocking on the front door.

A woman, short and purple answer , raising a brow in my presence. "Yo... you ok?" She asked.

"Yes... I um..." I paused as I thought about what I was going to say, an excuse to enter the house was needed in order to investigate. I looked the girl over, eyes ghosting over her form as my eyes laid on the purple gemstone lodged in her chest. "Gem." I mumbled.

The girl snapped her fingers in front of my face, "Yo my eyes are up here... are ... are you ok?" She hesitated before placing her hands on her hips.

"You-you have a... gem?" I questioned.

"Oh... uh yeah... it's an amethyst? Like my name?" She questioned in confusion before leaning her body against the door frame. "Who are ya... why yo here!" She asked curiously.

I sighed before planning to make my next move. "A presence guided me here because I ... I have questions..."

"Presence?" The so called "Amethyst" asked.

"I-" my sentence was cut off by another woman entering the room, tall and pale with a white stone embedded into her forehead.

"Amethyst, whose at the- oh.... hello human. Is something wrong?" She asked, her blue eyes looking at me with a demanding sort of look.

"Oh nothing is wrong." I began, a story forming in my mind as I went, "but... I've heard stories about... you... and your gems... and I've travelled for so long in hopes of finding you to... answer my questions?" My voice raised in pitch at the end as I averted my eye gaze.

"Oh." The white woman said, almost disappointedly, "I'm sorry but we preferred to keep to ourselves... you can come in and have some food and drink if you like however, you must be parched."

I smiled at the offer before nodding, my permission to enter the home had been granted.

"We don't really have much to offer, Steven is the only one who eats."

"And me!" Amethyst pouted playfully as the other sighed and rolled her eyes.

"And Amethyst." She corrected herself.

"You don't eat?" I questioned.

"We don't need to no... but we can." The white girl responded.

"Water will be fine." I added hastily as the white gem nodded her head, reaching into a cupboard in the kitchen for a glass.

I looked around the main living quarters for any sign of the creature's. None. Not a single soul was there, the room was in pristine order and the signs of the pink gemmed person was absent.

By then I had assumed that the pink lady was a deceased woman and I was talking to her ghost, I didn't want to bring her up for the fear that I'd upset the two women in the room but I couldn't help but wonder where the gemstone was currently.

Wherever it was, the creatures lurked.

"Here's your water-" the white girl cut herself off to allow me to introduce myself.

"(Y/n)... thank you...?"

"Pearl." She responded. I folded my arms to try and register the peculiar names.

"So Pearl and Amethyst..." I revised, sipping the water in front of me. "I assume it's because of the gemstones you both have?"

The two nodded as I processed the information. What rock was pink then? That would be a harder question.

Pearl headed towards the living room couch as Amethyst made her way to sit beside me. "Steven and -"

"Yeah yeah they'll be fine! Still out for all we know." Amethyst cut her friend off.

My mind circled around Steven's name, it was not a gem like the two ladies in the rooms and that confused me.

"Steven?" I questioned, confused.

"Yeah... it's a name of a kid we know?" Amethyst said a said as if my question was stupid.

"I apologise, I just didn't expect a causal name to be in the mix of such abnormal ones... not that your names are weird, more or so fascinating." I insisted.

I finished my water before Pearl stood up and quickly washed it clean. "It was nice of you to visit (y/n)." Pearl smiled as I recognised the infamous "get out of my house" speech.

"Yes, thank you- I don't want to over welcome my stay so I should get going." The sinking feeling in my gut clenched as the unresolved problem swam in my mind.

I would have to come back later when the creatures would be back.

I smiled before standing up, starting my walk with the two towards the front door, admiring the beautiful painting that hung itself above the doorframe.

I stopped in my tracks, staring wide eyed at the lady portrayed in the artwork before turning my attention towards Pearl and Amethyst, it was now or never.

"Who is that?" I asked abruptly, an uncomfortable silence following.

"Oh... that's um... Rose Quartz." Pearls said.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I mumbled.

"Wait- how did you know she-"

"Where's her gem?" I ignored Amethyst's outbursts as I pressed on.

"Excuse me?" Pearls asked, slightly offended.

"Where's her gem now?" I repeated.

"Uh dude... that's not really any of your business to ask..." Amethyst said cooly.

"It does." I persisted.

"I'm sorry but this isn't something we talk about, we ask you to respect that-"

"I need to know." I said calmly, trying to control the inevitable arguments.

"No you don't, now please leave." Pearl had begun pushing me out the door way as I gripped the frame with my hands, forcing my body to stay still as the two teamed up to push me out the door.

My concentration was averted moments later however, a shadow taking form into a horrifying mashed up of an animal, black and scaled with bared teeth, it couldn't hurt me I knew but the sudden appearance threw me of balance.

I fell, the two falling beside me as I stared in horror at the beast, two more appearing at its side. I stood up quickly, looking at Pearl urgently, panic in my eyes.

"(Y/n), thi-"

"Pearl." A cool and collected voice spoke softly, it was somewhat low and controlling, boss like in ways.

Amethyst, Pearl and I looked into the house as a dark skinned woman with thick thighs and black cube like hair stood, a small boy beside her with black curly hair and a red shirt with a star on it.

Surrounding them were more of the demons, rubbing their disgusting bodies against the boy and making their home within the wood house.

I ignored them, played them off as if they were nothing, pretending they didn't exist like the others who couldn't see them, they were part of my secret world and mine alone.

A blinding light flashed before my eyes, the small boy who I presumed was names Steven had fallen, a tall person before him stood, cloaked in black with a bandana around his face, concealing his identity.

The location was nice, a barn, big and red with a car mashed into the front and another building sticking out of the side, carelessly placed to cover a hole.

A gun, pocket sized at most, was in the man's left hand, trigger about to be pulled. Several people screamed his name, a blue and a green figure rushing towards him as the bullet pierced his heart, crying as Pearl, Amethyst and the other woman ran to his aid.

"Peridot, call an ambulance!"someone told the green girl.

A young girl with Indian heritage had begun to cry, wiping her tears ferociously as an older man with a balding top of the head stayed off to the side, avoiding the dead boy completely.

Another bright light and it was like time had stood still, I was back at the house and the mysterious woman before us beckoned for all three of us to enter the house.

"Garnet!" Pearl squawked, "this human, (y/n), was-"

"Peridot." I said, the room went silent as everyone's eyes were on me, "a blue girl... Pearl, Amethyst, you, an Indian girl and an older man... all there... Steven... Steven has the pink gem!" I shouted.

The woman I spoke to looked at me before adjusting her shades. "Garnet." She said, supposedly her name. "You're (y/n) and your here on important business, let us talk." She monotonously said, gripping my shoulder tightly and leading me out of the house.

We sat on the wooden steps that lead towards the house, neither of us speaking for a while.

"You're nervous." She observed, "and it's ok to be so but I sense that we are running out of time." I looked in surprise as Garnet removed her shades from her face, revealing a purple third eye, mixture of the blue and red ones she had.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you- but Steven is in grave danger." I insisted as she placed a hand over my own trembling ones.

"I believe you." She said soothingly, "I believe everything you say."

I looked at her before deciding to tell her something, "I have a sort of... vision power."

"Well so do I... we have something in common already." She grinned. I shook my head.

"No like... it's a sort of magical thing." I explained.

"I have a sort of future vision." She specified, "And something tells me that you are right, Steven is in grave danger although I can't tell what it is exactly, help me see what to do."

"Steven has the gem of Rose Quartz correct?" I asked.

"Yes." Garnet replied. I sighed heavily.

"Steven is going to be killed, a man will shoot him but I don't know when- the location is at a barn, those people I said earlier will be there." I spilled.

Garnet hugged me tightly. "Could we avoid this entirely?" She whispered, voice shaking.

"No." I mumbled. "If you do not go to the barn, Steven is sure to die another way." I explained. "All that can be done is prevent as many death situations until it's unavoidable."

*Time Skip*

"You believe her?" Amethyst asked in disbelief.

"I'm going to die?" Steven asked.

"Yes." Garnet said, her visor hiding her true emotions.

"Well... we must prevail it all!" Pearl said. "Be extreme protective! No more going on missions, going out past 7, no more eating unhealthy food and they mustn't be choke hazardous- swimming is a no because he could drown and Peridot and Lapis can't visit because-"

"No." I said quickly, "There is no point in baby proofing everything- why should he live a miserable life that's long instead of a short one that's happy?" I pointed out.

"Can't we just avoid the death situation and get on with life?" Steven asked worriedly.

"Rose Quartz lead me here." I announced, "She was a ghost in hopes of preventing that, or removing the creatures at least-"

"What creatures?" Amethyst asked curiously.

"Monsters." I explained, "There are hundreds in this room and they can smell death on Steven, more keep coming and the dimension they exist in is releasing even more, they won't leave until he dies, meaning that Steven's death is definitely going to happen."

"Who is the man that shoots him?" Pearl asked.

"I don't know, but it seems to be a demon from the spiritual realm that only I can see, he doesn't seem to like Steven because his sole is pure good." I said.

The room went silent as Pearl began to cry, hugging the child tightly and patting him.

Garnet invited me to sit outside for a bit after Amethyst retired to some room.

The wind wasn't as warm and welcoming as when I first arrived, when I previously thought that there was still hope. Usually only one or two of the monsters were there and they were easy to remove, then that person could continue with their lives all happy.

But Steven was different, every single one of the creatures were in the house, wether the others could see them or not, I could and I knew that they would get what they wanted.

Garnet looked at me before placing a hand on my arm, a cold stone was what I felt before realising that two garnets sat in each palm of her hands.

"Thank you for coming here." She spoke. "It was important that we knew."

I nodded my head silently before looking at the ocean, "I try to find a small hope or vision, but the visions I have been gifted with are death. That is all I can see... and it pains me to know what happens."

"The futures I see aren't always bright either... and that feeling you experience is mutual, sometimes I can't imagine some of the things I see, that's why I think a lot." Garnet said.

"I wish it didn't have to be this way..." I mumbled.

"I didn't expect it either." Garnet admitted.

"Well you shouldn't have to expect anything." I began, "The dead don't talk to me, I only talk to them so I've learned to never expect anything from anyone, even the simplest of things. Talkng is a privilege, not an expectation. Same for this, you shouldn't have to expect everything that happens, you may have the gift of future sight but it doesn't mean you have to use it."

Garnet hummed in response to my statement. "You are right." She agreed. "I shouldn't. But I do and I think I do because a part of me wants to know."

I nodded in agreement, "It's only natural, you care for them- they are your friends... but everything happens for a reason and while it's hard to accept things for the way they are, I know that you can pull through."

Garnet smiled at me, "Thank you." She said again, "That's just what I needed to hear."

That was probably the last thing I ever heard from Garnet before the day rolled around. I had grown to become friends with the Crystal Gems and watch Steven's back the best I could, Peridot, Lapis, Connie and Greg would as well but of course, the longer it was prevented, the hungrier the creatures became.

They multiplied rapidly which only hinted the end was near. I couldn't see anyone without a beast next to them, they never saw them though, it was only me.

Garnet would hold my hand when the pressure was high, she and I had understood each other pretty well, neither of us talking really, just comforting gestures.

Then one day, they were all gone. No creature was in the house and everything was peaceful and quiet. The Gems had noticed my antisocial behaviour and only dreaded what I knew.

But we were happy. Steven hadn't died in a painful way at his mercy to a stranger and to us, that was a success. Steven was sick for days and everyone knew that was the end. But we treated him like his final days were his first and that was that.

I told everyone that I could see him with Rose, and that made them even happier, sad for sure but spirits soared at the mention of the late woman.

And Garnet smiled at me, hand on my shoulder like she was proud.

She didn't talk, nor did she need to, her smile told me everything as I smiled back, no more words leaving my mouth.

The room was silent, no one spoke for no one needed to because we had all grown to understand each other's unique facial expressions and body movements, peace and quiet was left in respect for the small boy.

And nobody expected anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
2.8K 147 29
(A Lapidot human AU) Peridot Greene, a 22-year-old attendee at Homeworld University, straight A student, never causes any trouble amongst the student...
229K 3.7K 36
ON HIATUS! Ever wished you could have as many adventures as Steven? Because me too.
889 31 12
Peridot Greene, a 21 year old in college, taking robotic engineering, meets her new roommate, Lapis Lazuli a 23 year old woman who seems to be in col...