forsaken: the protection

liketowrite tarafından

Daha Fazla

forsaken: the protection (on hold)
friends and foes
Nightmare
shit was about to go down
i dont trust you
built like a wall
the strange
i cant remember
it all comes back to me
first priority
try to fool me
something locked something broke
playing the game right
when anger takes control

this will be interesting

26 2 0
liketowrite tarafından

thank for the reads, i would love if we could get the total amount of reads to 400 before the next upload, i know other stories say a hundred or three hundred for each chapter or something but i still appriciate the number of reads you guys are giving me.

enjoy,

it gets really interesting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

song: natural life - breaking benjamin

chapter 13

this will be interesting

When the bell rang I jumped awake, alert and cautious, it was only when I heard the laughter of students that I realised it was the end of the day. I grabbed my stuff, leaving my guitar in the schools music room and running quickly through school hoping that no one would see me. once I got out of the school premises, I went straight to the forest walking through it, I realised that sooner or later that I wasn't walking of my own accord strangely enough, I was feeling a pull to one particular location, it wasn't until I saw a figure standing in the centre of an unfamiliar clearing that I knew I was in deep trouble.

"How nice of you to join me Lolita" I heard the guy I met with the two wolves say and I stiffened.

I continued walking until he stepped out of the shadows, and I felt the hold on me release. I sagged a bit and sighed.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him narrowing my eyes as he looked me up and down.

"Well dear child I brought you hear because I yet again have information that you may want to know" he cocked a brow high and taunted me with his words, his lips pinching into a straight firm line.

"The last time you told me something important, I forgot it, until I picked up a couple of hairs from your two wolf buddies, was it you who made me forget?" I asked him and he just laughed

"no silly child, I can do no such being under this sort of atmosphere and all but, I did get someone to block your memory for the time being because I knew you would tell your dear friend Emily was it?" he tapped his chin that held small amounts of stubble on it while smirking, I felt my blood boil.

"Have you been stalking me?"

"Stalking no, watching over you, yes"

"But why?" I asked again getting agitated that no one was giving me answers.

"Have you forgotten already why I gave you the necklace, young one, it's for protection. So let me ask you one thing, did your dream feel real?" I froze my blood slowly and painfully running cold, he couldn't possibly know, could he?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, making it seem like I couldn't remember.

"Oh come, young one, I know you remember that dream the one with the wolves hunting down that young boy who was from the cinema yes?"

"Have you been stalking me before we even met?!" I nearly exclaimed and he narrowed his slightly.

"I said I have been watching over you, and of course I have to keep tabs on you to make sure you are safe, but you didn't answer my question, the boy from the cinema it was him?" I didn't believe any of this; maybe he was pulling my strings like a puppet.

"I'm leaving this Is getting too weird for me" I say, waving my hand dismissively as I turned around, but before I could walk anyway I was stopped by a dark brown wolf who seemed like he was smirking at me.

"You set your wolves on me?" I asked without turning around.

"you need to listen to this dear child its important no matter how hard or unbelievable it sounds, I do you no harm, remember that"

I sighed "fine I'll hear you out, but as soon as it starts getting weird I'm leaving" I say, turning around and walking closer towards him, he stops leaning on one of the trees beside him and holds out a hand towards me

"Let's take a walk shall we?" I nodded, not taking his hand though; I followed his steps as we walked around aimlessly, his hands grazing the leaves of the trees above, though the wolf didn't follow.

"so I shall start off with the dreams, they will come often, don't worry, they may seem dethatched at the moment like your being brought into the middle of something but its shown to you for a good reason" he paused and I took that as a chance to ask questions

"How did you know I've been having the dreams?"

"That is something I will explain another day" and he dismissed my question there.

"Anyway as I was saying, there are good reason you are shown certain dreams, some call it shadow drifting, some call it sleep calling, all the same if you ask me though I prefer to call it shadow drifting, your desires, wants and questions all in your mind lead you to the shadow drifting. You wanted to know what was wrong with the guy from the cinema, correct" I nodded "well the dream showed you that-"

"So what you're saying is that I have some power to see stuff in my dreams?" I said, slightly believing it

"Call it a gift, yes, as you simply put it, you can see 'stuff' in your dreams, but it doesn't take a long century to learn before you can wilfully approach the dream yourself"

Another question popped into my mind "so since you call it shadow drifting would that mean that I was there in I don't know, spirit or something, and does that mean that people can see you?"

I could see a smile tug at the corner of his lips, teeth showing under the suns quick fading rays "I'm glad you figured that part out, your very smart and on the right track as well, yes it is possible that you could be there at the time but that is only if the dream is current" I gave him a confused look, he shook his head "I mean only if the drifting is taking you to the situation that is happening at that exact moment, so the people around you could see you if you don't be wary, but if you are shown something from the past, then no, you would merely be a spectator to the situation" I nodded, but I felt like there was something more that he wasn't telling me, something he was hiding, I knew this because once he had finished speaking his eyes had dimmed and his jaw clenched and unclenched involuntarily, showing me he was keeping something back.

"Is there anything else about this shadow drifting I should know about?" he looked towards me as we approached a nearby road, it didn't take me long to realise that it was just a couple of streets away from my house.

"you must be cautious, when about to go to sleep you have to keep your mind calm and clear if you don't want to shadow drift, but if you do then only put one desire at a time in your head, overloading yourself with questions could cause for short term and long term consequences" he answered solemnly

"What kind of consequences will there be?"

He sighed "it depends on how you cope with the amount of times you use shadow drifting, I would say don't over use it, if during the day you feel lightweight and about to collapse you have reached your limit, some signs are just normal sickness signs but ten times as worse, fever, being delirious, migraines, passing out, memory loss, and those are just the short term results of over using it"

"And the long term ones" I pushed him and he sighed, stopping in his tracks and I stopped beside him, we were at the edge of the woods now, traffic going past us with ease.

"There is only one long term effect" I felt my stomach drop "you over use shadow drifting and ignore the signs I mentioned before, you could die" my whole body flinched at the words, I would die? Well that's just great isn't it?

"Did you hear what I just said?" he asked, and I looked at him confused

He sighed "I said after that little you die speech that you have to be careful. Promise me, ok?" I nodded and he held out his hand like it was a deal or something.

I shook it even though I didn't want to and at the moment my stomach decided to growl.

"Ah I remember the feeling of having an empty stomach, I'm guessing you are hungry young one?" he cocked a brow, eyes shining as the air grew colder.

"Yeah kinda, I didn't eat today, I had too much on my mind" I don't know why I told him that but it just felt right.

"Well let's go some place to eat and I'll pay, after all I do owe it to for the slight hit over the head" I threw him a shocked look.

"You're the one that hit me in the back of the head!" he nodded almost sheepishly, and I hit him on the arm.

"Dude you nearly gave me a concussion, and it bloody hurt!" he laughed at me, walking across the road as me made our way into town.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"I don't know I haven't been anywhere outside of the woods before"

"Are you telling me you live in the woods?" he looked at me perplexed.

"Of course not, what do you think I am, some barbarian, no, I have a small cottage inside the forest, near the west side of the forest, far away from civilisation, and I like my privacy"

I understood that, and nodded along "so what about your wolf buddies, how did you come across them?" a small smile broke out on his lips, his eyes sparkling with something that I couldn't quite catch.

"They live with me, just us three, I will tell you more about the story when your mind is full" I groaned, I hated riddles.

I stopped asking question since I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with this, so we walked in silence, finally reaching the mall in about five minutes, entering the double doors when I heard him mutter "children these days are so loud" and I understood why he said that, the noise in here of teenagers and adults talking to their friends family or partners was loud and it didn't help that there were also smaller children running around the place.

"Where to?" he asked and I tapped my chin for a second.

"Well, since I'm a woman I get to choose so we're going to china boulevard" I said, pushing him onto the escalator

"Well eat as much as you want because I'm paying" I raised a brow at him.

"Um no, you're not I'm paying, you can sit down and take in the sites since you never come into town"

"That would disrespectful to you as I am taking you out, I am paying for it"

"You're taking me out? You make it sound like a date" he chuckled

"I am obviously too old to go on a date with you, but that word, I haven't been on a date for a long time" he smiled to himself, and I pushed past him and started running towards the restaurant.

"I'm paying!" I shouted behind me, and I saw the look of smugness come across his face.

"On the contrary" he said, running to catch up with me, and just as I was about to get to the line I froze seeing the sight in front of me.

He caught up to me, seeing that I had stopped and looked in my direction.

"Oh Lolita, what are you doing here" I snapped out of my state and looked towards the group of them, Sid, drake, Nathan and Emily. Louise and tom were absent.

I felt the man near me, nearly standing in front of me to protect me.

"Do you know these people Lolita" I heard him say softly beside me.

"Old friends" was all I said, and the group of them decided to come up to us.

"Lolita we were looking everywhere for you at school where were you" Emily asked, her eyes darkening as she looked towards the man beside me, god why can't I remember his name.

"I was in school I just wasn't seen" I stated bluntly and she looked towards me.

"well I guess we can talk about it later, you going to china boulevard?" and I resisted the temptation to roll my eyes since it was obvious that I was since I was standing outside of the restaurant just like them.

"Yes we are" she looked at the man again and for some reason I saw drake flinch.

"Oh where are my manners" I said in a mocking tone "this is..." I paused for a bit, forgetting his name.

"Riku" he said, smiling briskly at them and nodded at them "and riku, these are my old friends, Emily, drake, Sid, and Nathan" they all said hi but drake didn't he just stayed.

"So what brings you two here then" Emily asked, sticking her nose in where it didn't belong,

"Where here for-"

"We're on a date" riku interrupted from beside me, and I felt my face go into shock. And he must have noticed because he said. "oh I'm sorry I didn't know that you hadn't told them yet, I know you wanted to keep it a secret but since they were your friends I thought you at least told them" he shrugged and played along with his own lies, it was the only thing I had to go on so I shrugged, going along with it as well.

"Don't worry, I don't mind, they're old friends I'm sure they don't mind, actually wait I don't care if they do mind" I smiled but it had anything but warmth to it.

"Oh well you didn't tell me you were dating" Emily said, her voice a little shaken.

"Well it was quite a surprise to me too" I wanted to laugh at all their shocked faces but drakes face looked like he was about to kill someone.

"Well we've got to get going, I'm treating my muffin to some Chinese" I rolled my eyes.

"seriously we discussed this already, I'm alright for paying all for us, plus I don't mind, I'm quite loaded" I sent him a smirk, and was about to walk away, when riku wrapped his arms around my waist and stopped my from going.

He leaned down, whispering in my ear almost seductively.

"You're not paying for it" and his breath tickling my ear almost made me laugh, god why did I get myself into a situation like this.

"Oh well, I was going to say we could table with you, but I wouldn't want to intrude" Emily said bashfully.

"Oh no no, it's no trouble at all right Lolita?" riku said, and I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Hold on, just excuse us for a second" I said, and I practically dragged him away a safe distance until we weren't heard.

"What are you doing" I snapped at him and he only smiled.

"I don't like your friends, there's something I don't trust about them, and that boy, drake, he seems quite angry that I'm near you, do you know a reason of this" I shook my head.

"No I don't know a reason, he was always strange, but don't change the subject why did you tell them that we were dating" he shrugged.

"Just because I am an adult doesn't mean I like to see the look of shock on people's faces, quite intriguing that is" he smiled and I hit him on the arm.

"What do I do now?!" I whisper shouted and he tapped his chin.

"We continue to act as a couple, it won't hurt, plus child you look like a person who is deprived of any fun in your life" I gaped.

"I am not fun deprived" I mumbled and he wrapped his arm around me.

"yes you are, I'll tell you what, I want to play this game since we have nothing better to do, we do what normal couples do, hug, act cute, maybe a kiss or two and we leave early saying that your guardian wanted you home early, ok" I was surprised that he knew about Gloria but then again he had been watching over me, or plan stalking me.

"Fine, but you so owe me, we do this and you meet me tomorrow at my house, we'll talk and play 20 questions, ok" he smiled wildly and swept me up bridal style which caused me to scream in surprise.

"Deal" he whispered into my ear, seductively, I wasn't going to lie he looked about 23 so he had stubble on his chin and his ice blue eyes turning into something wicked, and I knew he was trying to get me to have fun.

It was weird, for a guy I barely knew his efforts had caused me to trust him without realising it.

What have I gotten myself into?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who is your favourite character and why, and who is most likely to get together with lolita, if i give her a pairing.

tell me your thoughts

luv liketowrite

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

49.5K 1.9K 23
Love is hard, Destiny can't be rewritten and Fate is always tragic MAY REWRITE
50.4K 659 10
One new touch, every night...
12 0 24
Vampires 🧛‍♂️
420 15 21
⚠️WARNING! May have emotional and mental triggers. I'm so sorry in advance. ⚠️