I Am The Alpha (Part 2)

By EllaCharlotte

This is the continutation of "I Am The Alpha" I would sugguest reading the first half of the book before retu... More

I Am The Alpha (Part 2)
Part 1 (72)
Part 2 (1/2)
Part 2 (2/2)
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Authors note
Part 8
Authors note 2 - Did I mention I'm back?
Teaser
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16

Part 6 (Edited and with extended ending)

18.1K 429 39
By EllaCharlotte

So I re-read the last part and it honestly wasn't up to scratch so I re edited it a bit and added a tiny bit more :) <3

thanks to all the votes and comments (I'll reply soon!)

enjoy

xx

----

~Erin~                                              

“Erin!” A yell comes through my open door and I spin around to see Quinn his grey eyes glinting with excitement making the strange arrangement of blue flecks within them stand out. I get up leaving my pair of half finished jeans on the ground by my bed and turn to face him.

“What’s going on?” I ask curiously, I swear every time I see him he acts differently... where the hell has this energy and excitement come from? In fact I would be willing to bet he’s bipolar... I think at times they all are. Makes being comfortable around them just as much more easy...not. What could possible make him this enthusiastic?

 “You know how Cole mentioned that another Pack was coming...” I think back through the last few days... I suppose he did mention that. I nod for him to continue. “They’re arriving today” Another pack arriving today... that’s just peachy.

“Have I met them before...?” I trail off knowing he gets the point. He seems to think for a moment before nodding, a sly grin appearing on his face. Fuck. “Do I know them well?” I ask with a slight growl in my voice wishing he would just tell me what I obviously want to know instead of being bloody difficult. Of course this is Quinn I’m talking about better not get to high expectations of being helpful.

“You’ve met them once, quite briefly when we discussed our treaty with them” A deeper voice answers from behind Quinn and enter Marcus one of the only members of the pack I can actually grasp having any kind of bond with. I sigh in relief inwardly... I can’t deal with another bunch of people I have ‘forgotten’. Oh well this ought to be interesting to say the least.

“Is this a formal meeting or general one?” I question; wanting to know whether I will die of boredom or actually have some fun.

“General... especially seeing as they are staying for more than a week” Marcus replies looking slightly unpleased. A week? Did Cole hit his head on something heavy?

I focus my attention on the still scowling Marcus “Doesn’t ickle Marcus like sharing?” I coo a grin across my face and he growls in response. “Where are they staying anyway?” I question unsure of where space for an entire pack could be in this full house. There were about two spare rooms when I went snooping.

“There’s another level that you can get to by Cole’s room... it’s basically never used except when other pack’s stay.” How could I have missed a whole other level? I search my memories of the last week and suddenly realise there is a perfectly rational reason for that... I was avoiding Cole’s room at all costs... that would be way too awkward. Usually I wouldn’t care but this is different.

“Question, does this mean I might actually be allowed out of the god damn house?” I growl as all my pent up anger from being locked in this place for a whole week so they could ‘monitor my progress’ comes to the surface. ..What bullshit the only reason I let them is so I could change my previously bland room thanks to Mr I have anger issues and a cynical attitude and his band of cohorts who decided to take out there anger on my room when I got hurt. It makes me feel more comfortable that my pain would cause that reaction... though I’ll never tell them that. Besides it is still bloody annoying. It’s not like I really care that much for decorating but nothing I own will ever be boring.

“Temper, temper” another voice teases from the doorway... is this a freaking pack meeting in my room or something? I would kill him if he wasn’t actually interesting to talk to and somewhat fun to be around... Did I really just say that? Though a lot of that involves me teasing him due to his poetry collection I may or may not have discovered when I was snooping.

“Zane do you want me to hit you?” a growl sounds in response and the devil himself appears around the comer followed by Kaige  making there be three males in my space...(seeing as Marcus seems to have slipped out) goodie. I tense as I realise I have been basically blocked from any exit from my room. Without thinking a harsh growl vibrates through the room from me. They look startled at my sudden spike in anger but I ignore that watching them all calculatingly... I will not be trapped, being locked in this house has already almost driven me insane but this is not acceptable.

“I suggest you idiots fucking move from her doorway and stop blocking her in” Marcus calls from the hallway... at least someone has half a brain, I growl again in agreement and they quickly move from my space. I breathe in deeply and allow myself to relax... I may be getting used to them but there is a fine line between trusting and wanting to trust.

Marcus appears and nods to me while I give him a small smile in response which makes the others bristle slightly... I can’t say I’ve found means to smile much yet. Could they blame me?

: ‘Pack meeting now’ Cole orders :

And of course I have no idea where that is or exactly what that implies... brilliant, just brilliant. I glance over to the guys to find Quinn and Kaige have already disappeared leaving Zane and Marcus. “Care to show me the way?” I ask.

“This way” Zane signals to out the door a smug smile tugging at his lips.

“Ha ha, very funny” I scowl but walk towards them all the same. I stop momentarily and then decide it’s pointless. I walk off down the hallway hearing grumbles behind me. Suck it up princesses. I’ll find it by myself. I unblock the link from my mind and of course there’s a sudden stream of voices but I ignore them and instead find myself looking at the link itself. This feels familiar... holy shit this feel familiar. I search deeper within the link and find Cole and then try to determine his location. Suddenly it’s like I’m within his mind and I know where he is. Holy shit... that was weird but I know I’ve done it before. This must be those powers they keep talking about. Sweet. I really should look more into those sometime.

I rush off down the corridor and hear the sound of footsteps racing behind me. I run down a long, wide set of stairs and onto the second floor, I then turn to go under the stairs and slide the hidden door across before moving along another corridor and past another sliding door and then finally I slip the latch on a large black door revealing the rest of the pack already gathered. I smirk as I hear the others come racing up behind me... I’ve always been the fastest.

Cole looks up with a sly grin on his face and I narrow my eyes. What did he do? I have already blocked the link out again on auto-pilot so I have no clue as to what might be going on. I cannot deal with them in my head right now no matter how bloody empty of memories it may be. “Have fun in my mind?” He asks suddenly his rich voice full of amusement. He knows, of course he knows. Damn it didn’t think of that.

“Those two wouldn’t tell me the way so I improvised” I state turning to glare at them behind me to find they are both whistling quietly and looking the other way. I chuckle lightly before growling and turning back around to find seven shocked faces looking directly at me. That may have also been the first time I’ve laughed in front of them all at once since the accident.

“Points to Marcus; first almost smile and first laugh” Quinn pipes in a solemn tone in his voice. I narrow my eyes and growl at him lightly but my growl is joined by Cole’s as well. I have a feeling I’m ‘dating’ an over protective kill joy... how does this happen? I shake my head to brush away the thoughts. Don’t make assumptions.

“What can I say; I’m talented” Marcus sighs exaggeratedly before walking over to the others and slumping down next to Asher on one of the massive black sofas. Fancy. There’s only space enough for two people left and one would be in the middle seeing as it’s at the end of one of the sofas... I think I might stand. I feel a shoulder brush past me and turn to see Zane slump into the last spot and the swing his legs out to take up both of them. I gasp quietly as a sense of déjà vu washes over me... that’s a first. I get a bunch of strange looks but just shrug and instead decide that the large, higher than normal coffee table in the middle would be a much better spot.

I walk over slowly as nine laps seem to magically make themselves available...Yeah, not happening. I instead leap up momentarily changing forms, sit comfortably and change back within a few seconds and end up sad cross-legged on the table with my back to the now closed door. This feels good; I can see everyone, I can see the door, I can move quickly from here and I like sitting on tables. “Was that necessary?” Asher asks while the others just look either amused or shocked. Surely I’ve done this before. Maybe I just sat on them instead. Go figure.

“Yup” I answer popping the ‘p’ and then tilt my head to one side I add “Is that a problem?” a small challenge in my voice.

“No” He answers simply. Then why the fuck did he...? Asshole. I narrow my eyes and he copies though I know he’s just doing it to piss me off.

Anyway” Cole calls out ending Asher and I’s staring match. “As you all should know by now the West Peaks are arriving in an hour or two and they are staying here for a week or two” A few growls fill the room.

“Why the fuck are they staying?” Asher calls out angrily. I look from Asher to Cole to watch his reactions as he speaks.

“Because Keith got himself killed in territorial disputes last week” he says bluntly his face morphing slightly in displeasure. A few chuckles are heard throughout the room as amusement crosses several faces. Charming. Obviously they didn’t like him much.

“Who’s Keith?” I ask looking back up at Cole.

“The natural born Alpha of West Peak who I recently found was related to me” He looks me in the eyes, his blue ones showing a small amount of remorse as he tells me before looking back at the pack as a whole. How the fuck did an Alpha get killed in territorial disputes... must have been a pretty shit Alpha. If Cole’s related to him shouldn’t he be taking this a little bit harder the a little remorse?

“Does that mean Nate is now Alpha?” Marcus inquires all of a sudden.

“Yes”

“This ought to be good” Edward chuckles darkly

 Huh? Fuck this I want to know what’s really going on. I close my eyes and then let all the barriers I put up around the link and my “powers” fall and suddenly my senses explode with emotion and I can feel the link attach itself constantly to my mind. I open my eyes and it’s like they are  enhanced just like they usually are in wolf form but better. Every detail, every scent, every noise are all magnified. Why the fuck didn’t I do this earlier?

“Holy shit did you just...?” Quinn reacts first and his emotions of accomplishment and happiness wash over me. I look around to see nine rather pleased looking guys staring back at me. My eyes find Cole’s and the depths of his piercing blue eyes draw me in. So many emotions at once cloud around me but his are the strongest. I keep staring this time just looking at the surface and hold myself back from growling as I see his Alpha side there. I just fully acknowledged him as my Alpha. That would be why I didn’t do this before. A burst of anger and disobedience runs through me but I push it back, I have to make this work. We both pull our eyes away at the same time without even trying... have we done that before? I choose to look at Zane instead and tilt my head to one side without thinking as I examine him as a way of distracting myself from... never mind, he looks amused and also tips his head to one side mimicking me. I fight a smile as his blonde hair falls over his blue eyes and he flicks it out before attempting to mimic me again. I narrow my eyes and he narrows his. I growl jokingly and he growls back the same way.

“Are you two quite finished?” Edward asks suddenly snapping me out of my war with Zane and I look over to him sheepishly. Surely I’ve done that sort of thing before.

“Okay anyway” Cole interrupts but I can hear the humour in his voice, “They are to be welcome here. I will have a meeting with Nate as soon as they arrive but other than that they are free to do as they like.” A few grumbles sounds but mostly the air is calm of strong emotions “Any questions?”

“How much do they know?” Kaige asks suspiciously and the anticipation in the room spikes as all eyes are back on Cole. Why are they so worried? Shouldn’t I be the only one curious about this?

“They know almost everything” Cole replies simply and the others seem satisfied... almost? “Is that it?” um hell no.

“I have a question” I say simply and they all turn to look at me “Are you lot finally going to let me out of this house?” I growl as the memories of being blocked countless times come back. My growl intensifies as laughter chimes through the room.

“I suppose” Cole grins at my obvious grumpiness. Fuck yes!

***

I grin looking at my now nicely ripped jeans finally finished. I glance up at the clock, they’ll be here soon. A yawn escapes me and I remember the lack of sleep I got last night due to messing around with my wardrobe. They won’t need me to welcome the other Pack; I think I’ll take a nap. I grimace, that makes me sound so old. Fuck it, I’ve been hurt. I get up and stretch out before slipping my bra off from under my shirt and taking my jeans off and chuck them both into the laundry basket at the end of my bed, another new addition because apparently they broke that too.

I walk over to the windows and pull the curtains across them, leaving the room in darkness and then slide into bed, pulling the blankets around my and yawning once again. My mind wander for god knows how long and then my mind slips into sleep.

I wake with a start. I look to the clock and see that only three hours have passed. Images slip into my mind from my dreams and I flinch slightly, it wasn’t so much that they were horrible but the sounds that accompanied them rack through me even now. Howls, wild noises... What’s wrong with me? I search back similar to so many times before trying to find why these sounds would shake me so much but the blankness once again takes over; nothing, always nothing. Tears begin to roll down my cheek and drop onto my black bed sheets.

I look up at the wall that now has several large pictures printed on canvas of wolves running as well as one close up of a Black wolf with hazel eyes that seem to look into me as I examine at it, so beautiful. I stare at it as I try to calm myself down. I picked this one instead of the white one with blue eyes because for some reason it seems more real. I don’t even know why... I must be going crazy; they were both of real wolves. I shake my head like I’ve gotten into such a habit of doing, it just feels natural, and get up out of bed. I need to get dressed and get outside before this part of me takes over again. I can’t deal with breaking down now.

I walk briskly to the windows and pull the curtains open, blinking quickly to adjust to the brightness before moving onto the next window. Without even glancing out into the forest beyond the house I go over to my wardrobe and riffle through the draws until I find a long loose fitting white singlet, black skinny jeans, underwear and black combat boots. I slip my t-shirt and pants off and put them in the basket before slipping my new selection of clothes on.

I go into my bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror... how can hair even get this white... Like snow? My face is so full of contrasts. My deep green eyes with their unique amber ring around the iris stand out against my pure white hair which both contrasts with my naturally dark pink lips and lightly tanned skin.  I turn side on and look at my thin frame... being skinny comes with the territory I guess. I grab the thick brush and run it through my loose ringlets, loosening them slightly more in the process so they fall just below my waist. All done, let’s go meet a whole pack.

I rush to my door and pull it open quickly, then start running down the hallway as I remember I can go outside. I dash down the stairs, jumping up onto the banister for the second flight and sliding down quickly before rushing off again. I get to the main living section and decide to skip the tempting food in the fridge to go down the last flight and into the formal section where the door is located. I walk through the main entrance of sorts and quickly swing the large wooden doors open getting the sudden scents or the wild rushing at me all at once. I missed this.

I don’t even stop to think just rush down the entrance stairs and into the forest around the house. This place is even more fricken huge from the outside. I give it one last glance before taking a deep breath in and letting my sense guide me.

I run through a track in the forest and cut through onto the wide open land I had seen before. I want to run. I take a few deep breaths before sprinting off soon falling into an inhuman speed. I can see everything just like I would be able to in my wolf form, all my senses seem better than I could imagine. My heart beats swiftly. The rush of air around me just adds to the adrenalin and I push myself faster. My soul almost seems to sing with happiness as I keep pushing on, my feet beating into the soft ground. Half way through my stride I suddenly slip into my Wolf form and keep going this time even faster as my four limbs work harder yet feeling effortless. I was right nothing changes except my form; we are one in the same.

I throw my head back and let out a gleeful howl that though is soft seems to fill the air and buzz around me capturing my own attention which any normal howl wouldn’t. I reach a small patch of trees and I slow my pace and then come to a stop by the shade. All of a sudden I get the impulse to roll around on my back and so I do so, soaking in the feel of the earth in my fur. This is home, the earth, the sky... freedom. I get up quickly and shake my fur off short purrs coming from within me.

I suddenly am aware of the conversation in the link and I stand to listen.

: ‘It’s like watching a bird be freed from its cage’ Zane exclaims :

Did they see me?

They must have. I decide to go find them but in human form. I shake the dirt out of my fur again and then morph back into human form. I barely have to think of Zane this time and I know where he is and than the others are with him. I race through the open land again, the grass grazing against my legs until I reach a curve in the land that heads downward which I slow down to follow until I see them all gathered on a set of logs in a clearing and then I drop into a walk.

Zane spots me first and grins making the others all turn to look at me including eight people I’ve never seen before. Obviously. Cole and Nate must be in their meeting still and by the looks of it Brendan must be there too. I walk over and perch myself on the log that Zane and Marcus are on putting myself in the very middle so I have my own space. These two must have been the ones to go and watch me run. “So you lot ran out of conversation so quick that you decided to watch me run?” I ask suddenly turning to Zane who just continues to grin.

“What can I say it’s a sight I’ve missed” he tells me shamelessly and I turn away from him to Marcus who tries to look innocent but I roll my eyes and ignore him instead knowing it’ll annoy him.

“I believe introductions are in order” one of the West Peaks with beautiful dark skin and dark eyes gets up and walks so he is a bit closer me a grin spread across his face. “I’m Eddie the West Peak Beta” Not much power coming from him yet but then again he must have only been appointed a few days ago. I nod at him and he motions to the rest of his pack to introduce them-selves.

My eyes linger on the rest of the pack waiting for one of them to talk. “Well if no one else if going to speak, I’m Aaron” The guy with dark brown eyes and darker brown hair speaks up joyfully his grin lighting up the calm air around him “pleasure to see you again” he adds dramatically and I can feel my lips twitch with amusement. ‘Again’...I shake my head quickly and look back at his now slipping smile.

“You too” I add strongly and he brightens again instantly. The guy sitting next to him with deep brown hair that has a reddish tint jabs him in the ribs and he turns to scowl at him before laughing and looking back to me.

“I’m Oliver” another grin accompanied this time with a pair of pale blue eyes that seem to have worry deep within them which is understandable considering the loss of their Alpha. I nod in reply.

“I’m Jason” A rougher looking guy with light brown hair and wild light green eyes calls out a devilish grin on his lips.

“I’m Xavier nice to properly meet you” A deeper voice calls from the other side of the circle and I turn to see a pair of mysterious teal eyes masked partially by dirty curly, brown/blonde hair.

“You too”                                                                

“I’m Austin” the second last unnamed member of the West Peaks present calls out back from next to Oliver, another pair of brown eyes but this time with a mop of dark hair on top. He looks younger than the other, even if just by a year. I nod again and a small frown appears on his face before he smooths it out. I must seem different or something.

“And I’m Jack” A smirk and laid back posture... dressed mostly in black and white with a rather nice leather jacket I might add is the final member present looking like a try hard bad boy whose warm blonde hair and blue eyes fall perfectly as if he’s tried way to hard. Another nod.

I count them all quickly. So Nate isn’t the only one missing. A crack sounds in the forest behind me and I turn around once more to see the other member walking out looking like he just came from having a long walk, a look of concentration clear on his face. He looks up suddenly, his black hair falling to one side to reveal a pair of beautiful hazel eyes and a jolt goes through my stomach as a small stand of familiarity goes through me. His eyes meet mine and a shiver runs through me as they penetrate my gaze with the same recognition in them that I felt and a large amount of concern like he knows already that I’m worse than I look.

“And this is Max” I turn to Aaron who is still smiling endlessly effectively breaking our eye contact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
4.4K 656 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
231 93 14
Bailey Miller has always been looked down upon from the other werewolves in town. Being adopted didn't help matters, but being completely oblivious t...
3.4M 55.4K 75
Erin Daniels is part of the East Forest Pack, not only that but she's the Alpha. In a male dominant race this makes her one of a kind. She was born w...