Simply, I still love you. [Se...

By giveasmilex

Lucille and Ethan started from a hot, lustful deal turned to passionate love, but things have changed since h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 7

45.5K 1.8K 933
By giveasmilex

Lucille's POV

I push Ethan away from me.

"You shouldn't have done that. I'm with Axel. I love Axel. That was a mistake."

I look at him with heartbreak. The tears flow down my face and I walk as quickly as possible to my apartment as possible with my injured ankle. I get inside and cry on the floor against the door. Why did he have to do that? Why can't I let him go?

Ethan's POV

I love Axel.

Her words ring in my head as I drive off. I would have stopped her before she walked away, but she said she loved him. The girl I love just said she loved someone else. She misses me, but she loves someone that isn't me. I didn't want to believe it. She doesn't love him. She's just with him. Of course she lied. She lied like I lied in high school about not loving her. I make an u-turn and speed back to her apartment. I park in an empty parking a lot crookedly, but I don't care. I get out and run to her apartment. I saw which apartment she went in so I knock on her door.

She opens the door pretty quickly. I could tell she cried and tried to wipe her tears away quickly. Her eyes reddened.

"I don't believe you," I say sternly.

"What?" she quietly breathes out.

"I don't believe you love him. Not like you love me. You don't love him, Lucille. Like you said you don't miss me. Like you act like you moved on. I don't believe you. You were never such a good liar." I say as fast as I can. I don't let her answer and smash my lips to hers. I wait for her to hit me to stop me like I thought she would, but she doesn't. She hesitates to kiss me back, but soon enough she does kiss me back and she wraps her hands around my neck. I shut the door with my leg and she jumps onto me wrapping her legs around my waist. I walk us over to her bedroom.

I caressed her cheeks that I missed so much. I pull off her shirt and bra as soon as we reach her bedroom. I scan her body. I take off my own shirt and softly push her to the bed mattress. She lays down on the mattress while I stand over her by the edge of the bed. I graze my lips over her skin inch by inch to make up for the year that I didn't have her. She arches her neck for me and I kiss from neck down to her belly top. I climb onto the bed and kneel each leg on the sides of her. I unbutton my jeans and pull off my boxers. I take off her pants too. We're both completely naked now. I hold my weight up with one hand while the back of my other hand rubs against her cheek. Her hands lay against my chest. She stares at me with her beautiful eyes that I had hoped everyday that I would get to look into again. I missed her like crazy.

"Will you let me love you?" I ask her. She doesn't say anything, but I get her response when she wraps her hand around my head and pulls me down to kiss her. Slowly, I enter in her. Her nails dig deep into my back, and it felt so good to be inside her. I could feel the warm, liquid dripping between our legs. I flip us over so that she is now on top. I let her rock me. Even in the dark with nothing, but the moonlight shining on her, she still looks stunning. Her messy hair, her hand on my chest, my hands on her waist, I missed this. I could never have it any other way. When we reach climax, she collapses her head on top of me. She rolls over a little and lays her head on my arms. I wrap my hands around her waist from behind and kiss her head.

"I guess I'm going to have to take responsibility if that ankle swells even more, don't I?" i jokingly mumble against Lucille's shoulder. She doesn't laugh. Suddenly, I feel something wet on my arms.

"Lucille...?" I lean over to look at her.

I see her lift her hand to wipe her tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, worriedly as I turn her over to look at me. She shakes her head and doesn't turn.

"Luce...look at me."

She sits up and faces me.

"Hey, why are you crying?"

I wipe her tears away.

"What are we doing, Ethan? This was a mistake. This isn't high school anymore. We can't just do what we did in high school."

For her to say it was a mistake, broke my heart. This wasn't a mistake. This was love. To finally be able to embrace her and kiss her, I was so happy. It pained me that she didn't feel the same.

"No, Luce. This wasn't a mistake."

She gets off the bed and stands facing me.

"It is! Don't you get it? I just cheated on Axel with you. He's going to hate me, Ethan! This is all your fault!"

"And how the hell is this my fault? It takes two to tango, if you don't know that!" I say, upset. I shouldn't have been upset at her and I didn't want to be, but the fact that she went back to talk about Axel after what we just did, I was frustrated. I just want her to be mine, but to know she is still with Axel, I couldn't handle it.

"Who told you barge into my apartment and kiss me?"

"You kissed me back!" I tell her like it was obvious.

"You should go..."

"I'm not leaving until you start speaking some truth here."

"I am speaking the truth and I want you to leave. This is my apartment, so leave!"

She grabs my clothes and pushes me out the bedroom door with one hand. I end up outside her bedroom. I could hear her crying against the door.

"Luce..." I plead. She doesn't respond. I stare blankly at the door. I finally got to embrace her, but this is the end result of it. Why couldn't things just be like when I could hold her all night long with her in my arms? I put my clothes on and leave after waiting a bit. She wasn't going to come out even if I stayed. I leave her apartment with a stuffy heart and regret.

Lucille's POV

I hear the front door shut and slowly open my bedroom door to check if Ethan was still here. He left. I kneel on the floor and clench the blanket wrapped around me. I cry and cry until there could possibly been a river in my apartment.

The painful night that Ethan hurt me creeps into my mind. My cry deepens and I can't do anything, but that. If it wasn't for that night, we wouldn't  be here.

1 year ago

Ethan had invited me to join him to go to Chicago for his team's game and a banquet afterwards. We were going to spend a weekend there after the game and have fun. I was pretty excited. With Ethan so busy with training and I with school, this was the only time we could be together.

That night, Ethan had gone off with his teammates to do something. He didn't tell me right away, but he said he would later. I didn't mind. I ended hanging out at the banquet by myself for a bit when a girl who looked no more than 3 years older than me came to sit next to me. She was pretty and looked very mature. She dressed in a black dress that tightened her body. I on the other hand couldn't even match to her, probably. She was kind at first, but I was so naive I didn't expect the worse. I had given her a warm smile and we talked.

"Which one of these handsome guys is yours?" she had asked.

"I'm sorry?"

"Baseball girlfriend, right? I should probably introduce myself first. I'm Bianca."

"Lucille."

We shook hands and talked about the boys. I happily talked to her without realizing a single thing.

"If I tell you who I'm here for, don't be too surprised, okay? He's one of the younger ones," she had said. I laughed along with her without knowing a thing.

"He's a hottie. I tell you," she continued. I continued laughing along.

"I'm here for... Ethan Collins."

When she said his name, it felt like the whole world slowed down. My vision went blurry for a bit and the place felt like it was turning in circles. When I got control of myself again, I double checked that I heard it right.

"E-e-than Collins?"

I stuttered simply saying his name.

"I told you not to be surprised, didn't I?" she said with a giggle.

I cleared my throat.

"I didn't know there were two Ethan Collins on the team?" I double checked again.

It couldn't be right. I knew all his teammates, but he never once mentioned that there was someone else with his name.

"Of course not, silly. There's only one. Can I tell you a secret? He invited me instead of his girlfriend. Don't tell anyone. It's a bad thing, but I mean- we've been together for three months. We're basically dating each other."

I felt queasy. I wanted to barf at the moment. I thought it might have been a nightmare, but it wasn't. I couldn't breathe for a second.

"So which one are you here for?" she then asked.

"I have to go," I tell her without responding.

I ran to the bathroom and threw up a little. I took a deep breath. I tried not to get upset. Maybe this was some deep misunderstanding, I had thought. I had called him multiple times so we could talk and clear this up, but he didn't pick up. I decided to go back to our hotel room, and lay my head there and wait for him. As soon as I got in, I could hear a girl's giggles. From the reflection mirror in the room I saw black hair... like Bianca's. She was clearly on top of a guy. On the ground laid his jersey number. Though I couldn't see the face, I didn't want to see anymore. No one else had access to our room, but us. I obviously didn't let her in. I ran out of the room and to a near lounge room. All I could do there was cry. I ended up sleeping there that night. When I woke up, there was no missed calls from Ethan. Nothing. I ended up going back to the room to pack my stuff. I couldn't stay any second longer in Chicago. When I got back to the room, I saw Bianca on the bed by herself. My heart ached so much. How could he do this to me? After all we had to deal with, he still did this to me. I wasn't angry, but more disappointed that he had to go this route to end our relationship. He couldn't simply break up with me, but he had to hurt me like this. I got all my stuff and ran out. I didn't look back or wait a second for him. I bought an early flight ticket back to New York. It ended that moment. From then on, I didn't see him. I got his calls, but I changed number. I moved out the dorms so he didn't even know where I lived. I gave up on us... I didn't want to try for something that wasn't worth it. I became too heartbroken to care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
3.6K 943 51
This is the story of Ethan and Kathleen. Ethan, is really grumpy and moody all the time. He ignores people who care for him and he never tried to be...
165K 2.3K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
7.8M 2.1K 1
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...