Say Something | Dak Prescott...

By Ronin1025

Carmen and Dak met their sophomore year in high school, and instantly fell in love. In order to save her from... More

CAST
PLAYLIST
| .01 |
| .02 |
| .03 |
| .04 |
| .06 |
| .07 |
| .08 |
| .09 |
| .10 |
| .11 |
|.12|
Author's Note
| .13 |
| .14 |
| .15 |
| .16 |
| .17 |
New fanfic!

| .05 |

839 16 30
By Ronin1025

❝   And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am  ❞

     Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran

_______________________________________

      The next couple of days were really awkward for the married couple, and it became so hard for Carmen to sleep, guilt was eating her alive knowing it was because she couldn't woman up and tell him her need for help. Dak had thought that giving her a few days would be a good idea. Give her, her space so she could process everything.

     But it wasn't what he thought she needed to process.

     It was around 1 AM when Carmen started twisting and turning on her side of the bed. The men large sized Mississippi State shirt was growing more and more drenched in cold sweats. Her breathing picked up as if she was running marathon.

      Drowning. She felt like she was drowning in her sleep. As if she couldn't breathe.

      “No, mmmph, please...stop. I'm sorry..." Her hand curled up into a fist, and then eased back open as she had trouble breathing. Feeling all of the movement from Carmen woke up the young man up a little dizzy, but when he felt the sheets wet, his eyes widened turning to see Carmen in an emotional nightmare.

     She cried in her sleep, unable to get anything out, fuck, somebody wake her up from this nightmare!

     “Stop! I-I-I cannn...t br-" She started to cough and choke in her sleep.

     Dak shook her head sitting up fear running through his body hearing her struggle to breath “Carmen! Wake up! Wake up!" After shaking her for a few moments, she shot out of bed breathing hard with tears down her cheeks. She buried her head in her hands sobbing.

      He knew, it wasn't a just a nightmare. Brushing her hair purple dyed hair out of her face kissing her temple “Was it about him?"

     “He was drowning me. I-I couldn't fucking breathe." She huffed rubbing the back of her neck wiping the sweat off. She felt disgusting.

      Drowning? He remembered when she told him that when she was sixteen. If she messed up one time at home, dropping a glass cup, forgetting to wash a dish, etc; her father would dragging her to the kitchen sink, fill it up, and push her head into the water yelling that she ruined everything.

    He pursed his lips together knowing for a fact that she wasn't going to be able to recover for that nightmare for quite sometime. “Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He slid his arms under the back of her knees and back carrying her to the bathroom. Bridal style.

    “Brings back some good memories eh?" The young wrestler brought up to help distract from the real problem.

    He set her down on the bathroom counter with a small smile “Yeah it really does, if you include me trying to get us through the door, and I almost dropped you."

     “Yes, definitely that too," A smile turned at the corner of her lips at that memory. Guilt settled back in when she saw him rub his eyes with a yawn “I'm sorry for waking you.”

      Setting his hands on each side of her face, staring straight into her eyes “Don't be, have you've had these nightmares lately?"

      “Not so often, every once and a while, but when I do, it feels like I'm reliving it again." She rubbed the back of her neck with a deep breath. Why couldn't she just move on? Why was it all coming back ?

     Her husband brought her into a tight, but comforting hug. She needed it. No matter if they were a bit distant, she needed him to support her.

     “We'll get through it, we did then, and we will now.” He gave her a strong confident smile tapping under her chin softly before he tugged on the sleeve of her shirt. She put her hands straight up like a kid, allowing him to pull the drenched shirt off tossing it on the floor starting the shower for her.

      She got off the counter in a loose sports bra and boy shorts saying “Thanks. Why don't you go back to bed? You gotta be up for practice, and you're gonna need some rest for your game tomorrow."

      “I don't need rest, I'm young." He really didn't want her to be alone, or focus on the past. It was the last thing she needed to think about.

     But, she knew damn well that he was the leader of a team that needed him well rested and clear minded for the home game against the Chicago Bears tomorrow. That was most important to her than her nightmare shit.

     “You're so stubborn Rayne, go to bed, I'll come join you in a couple of minutes. I promise. Go." She playfully pushed him out the room before she slimmed out of her bra and boy shorts getting into the shower. Dak took that time to change the sheets, and make the bed.

     Carmen came into the room with a towel wrapped around her body about twenty minutes later, changed, and climbed back into bed as quietly as possible. However; Dak was more than awake still, he rolled over and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her close, burying his face in her neck “I can't wait for you to come to my game tomorrow."

      “You can't wait? I've been dying to go to a game, support my Dakky Baby."

      He chuckled against her neck when she referred to her nickname for him, his breath tickled her causing a little giggle. his hands placed themselves on her stomach, not helping the ‘what if’ that popped in his head of them maybe having a baby together in the future. It was definitely a possibility, if Carmen wanted to do.

     A girl. He would want a girl. A little mini Carmen, and yes, with all of her and his own flaws. He could play dress up with, protect her from all those horrible men out there in the world.

     Maybe someday.

       ❝    Still forever together?     ❞

     “That was so good babe, thank you." Dak threw his plate away finishing the breakfast that Carmen made the two. After getting two-three hours of sleep, Carmen got up to make breakfast, and get Dak all set to go for practice.

     With a nod, Carmen began heading over to the sink but was stopped by a hand on her waist that she wasn't expecting. Her eyes flashed up to his as he set both hands on her waist with a smile “Get some more rest, and have something fancy laid out. We're going to dinner tonight." 

      “Rayne," she sighed softly adding “We don't have to-" “I know, but I've been wanting to take you out, so we're going out tonight at six, period.”

     Period. Well shit. Then it's settled. She can't argue with that.

      “Okay." She cupped the back of his neck and gave him a soft passionate kiss and stroke his the little peach fuz on his chin “I love you."

      God, he never got tired of hearing those words from her “I love you too, I'll be back later."

      “About ready babe?" Dak clipped his bow tie on ready to go searching for his wife. He found her in their room taking a selfie in their mirror making him roll his eyes. “Seriously babe?" 

    Taking the picture, she opened up Instagram to post it “Yes! Give me a minute," within a few seconds, she locked her screen and slid her phone in her clutch “Ok, I'm ready."

     “Finally," he teased her before playing with the ends of her bright colored hair “You look beautiful, you always do."

     He observed her cheeks get puffy and bright pink, it was the more adorable thing he had ever seen “T-thanks."

     “Just speaking the truth, now come on." He held his arm out for her, and she gladly took it super excited for their dinner date.

     Carmenbankswwe: Dinner date with @_4dak ! 😘❤ #feelingblessrd #butterfiles #loveyou #dakkybaby

brandongurl123 hot AF!

wrestlingislife55 Queen! 😍

imurmanbaby_29 look at that hot body masonlovingyou436, I'd like to fuck her all night, wouldn't you?

_4dak seriously imurmanbaby_29 ?

imurmanbaby_29 what _4dak? Your wife is hot, you're a lucky man.

_4dak I am a LUCKY man, but I love my wife beyond her looks, I love her qualities, strengths, and flaws. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't comment that kind of stuff on her posts.

ezekielelliott PEACH IT _4dak

    “You know you didn't have to say anything. That guys wasn't the first to comment stuff like that." Carmen brought up as she put the napkin on her lap.

     Dak got comfortable in his seat, he brought her to a pretty fancy restaurant, something he couldn't do with they first dated in high school. A treat. Also a surprise for her.

     “I know I didn't have too, but that kind of stuff gets under my skin. You don't deserve to have some punk commenting some inappropriate thoughts."

     She couldn't help to smile, he was so sweet to her. More than she deserved at the moment. Much more.

     ‘Happy thoughts Carmen, just enjoy dinner and the rest of the night.' She told herself

     “How's your back feeling?" Dak cut a piece of the steak chew lightly on it as he got a folk worth of mashed potatoes.

     She shrugged saying “It's the same, I still can't lay on my back still. If it doesn't get any better, I'm probably going to get that surgery."

      “If it comes down to that," He assured her not wanting her to think negatively on her injury “do you want dessert?"

     He was really good at changing the subject, especially when it came to sweets. She had a sweet tooth. “Please. Chocolate cake?”

     “Oh course, I know how much you love chocolate."

     “Not as much as I love my Dak chocolate." She winked making the male blush and chuckle at her little cute joke.

     She giggled thinking it was the cheesiest joke of hers.

     “Remember our first date?" Carmen asked opening her mouth to take the piece of cake on her folk.

    That memory made him chuckle “You mean when I took you to McDonald's because I couldn't afford to take you to the movies?"

    “Yes, and don't say it like that, you know I didn't care about what you could and couldn't afford. Money could never buy my love for you. Not then, not now."

     Sure he knew that, but it was amazing to hear her say that.

      “We ended up get McDonald's and hanging out at the football field. That was great, alone. I remember every time you opened your mouth to talk, I felt myself fall more and more in love you. Gosh, we talked for so long, and then we ended up staying until midnight."

      Smiles were all over Carmen's face reliving those memories despite the fact that she had to deal with her father when she got home late. But it was worth it. Look at them now.

     ❝    Say Something. Anything.    ❞

     “C'mere. I have a surprise for you." Shortly after they arrived home, Dak pat his lap for her as he took his spot on their couch. The clicking of her heels hit the floor echoing throughout the home, and she joined him on the couch curious of what his surprise was.

     He took her left hand were her wedding band laid speaking “I promised you a long time ago that I was going to shower you in gifts to make up for our hard times," his other hand reached inside his pocket pulling out a black box, opening it to a brand new gold ring with additional two rings attached. The one under the small sized beautiful diamond gold band, the one under it was tiny diamond in a swirl fashion, and the third and finally was just a straight band of tiny diamonds. God. It was so beautiful.

     Dak had played attention to the ones she had been looking at, knowing that it had caught her attention.

    Tears welled up, spilling over her cheeks of happiness as he took the old ring off her finger, and slid on her brand new one on with a smile. He wiped away the tears falling knowing they were happy ones. “It's beautiful, thank you so much."

     He nodded keeping his smile at the fact that hers was so big, he hadn't seen that in the last couple of days.

     “Rayne, will you promise me something?" No. She wasn't going to tell him she was struggling mentally.

     Hearing that made his head tilt to the side a little confused “Anything."

    “Promise me that no matter what, you won't give up on me. Please. Understand that I'm trying the best I can. Just promise me you won't."

     Not quite understanding what that meant, she assumed it had something to do with the possibitly of retirement “Of course I will never give up on you."

      Nodding, she draped her arm around his neck leaning her head against his whispering “Thank you, you're the best."

      “Don't thank me for anything. You deserve the world."

      Shaking her she said “Only you. I only want you. "

  ❝   I  begged you for help, and you did nothing! You're my best friend too!    ❞

      Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the late update, I've been so busy between work and trying to help my dad get into a house. Anyways! Here's an update, I hope all of you liked it. Sweet, and long. Next I will finally putting up chapter one for my Von Miller fanfic, so look out for that!

BTW, I'm sad that Dak and the Cowboys couldn't advance to the NFC Championship, but they had a hell of a year! (I also hope that because they couldn't win that Jerry Jones (Cowboys Owner) won't bench Dak and in Tony Romo in. Sorry for rambling)

I really want Falcons to win, because they are a fresh and different team. However; I wouldn't mind seeing Packers because I do like Aaron Rodgers, and I want him to succeed especially with all of his family drama going on.

Some may not care, but Falcons or Packers I am rooting for because I don't like the Steelers (too many Steeler fans on my shit list.) Patriots, no since eh I don't know, maybe because they're so good and they've been in too many Superbowls in last what? Sixteen years haha. Fresh or underdog teams 😊

What about you guys? Thoughts.

P.S. not a bandwagon, forever and proudly a Raiders Fan

I also made a new cover! If you want me to make you one, hit me up I'm PM 👍✌

Vote
Comment
Love ya! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 106 6
Sasha and Stephanie have been hiding there love for each other for a while since they both caught their spouses cheating on them there love seems to...
32.2K 397 25
Kayla and Kaedie Johnson moved to Dallas Texas with their mom after their parents got a divorce. Kayla is 19 and Kaedie is 15. After 3 months of livi...
91.7K 1.4K 34
Travis Sharp is put onto RAW the day after the Royal Rumble, there he meets his stepsister Sonya Deville and her best friend Mandy Rose. He then find...
2.3K 120 37
Jessica is in a relationship with an abusive boyfriend. she decides to run away, on her horse. After several hours of being on her horse, she runs in...