Weaving a Song

Par Venari

"Your child will be gifted. She will be able to do what even Elves have trouble with. Be warned, she may not... Plus

Weaving a Song
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter 24

3.3K 101 14
Par Venari

c. 2480 TA

Both Almiel and Haldir breathed easier when they entered Imladris. Almiel because, like in most Elven realms, the pain and fear was lessened here. Haldir because he knew it was safer here than roads they had been on. "Mae l'ovannen," Elrond said as he came out to meet them. His eyes inspected the Princess as she dismounted her horse, also somewhat surprised to see her grown. "You have grown, Princess." He said.

She smiled softly, still apparently somewhat shy. He was still unsure where this particular trait came from, for neither father nor mother had ever been shy. "Hannon le, Lord Elrond."

So you can greet lords the right way. Haldir commented.

I am a Princess, I have to.

You did not before. He said simply.

I was forty.

That's no excuse. He said teasingly.

When are you leaving again? She asked. It only made him laugh silently.

"Come," Elrond was saying, "Rooms have been prepared for both of you." As they walked beside him, Elrond glanced at Haldir. "Will you be staying as long as she is here?"

"No," Haldir answered, "I am leaving the day after tomorrow. I have several more places I am supposed to go and then I must return to Lórien."

Elrond nodded, this time engaging Almiel in conversation. While he did, Haldir had another wave of uneasiness about leaving Almiel here. The Elvenking would not want her travelling around with him for as long as he still had yet to go, but for some reason Haldir felt like leaving her here was not the right thing to do. Here she had no one save Elrond who could step in if something else happened, but Thranduil had made the decision, not him.

So thinking he parted from Almiel as they both entered their rooms, setting his bag down he sighed. He had spoken briefly with Thranduil before leaving, but it was clear the king only wanted his daughter out of harm's way. For the moment, that meant Imladris.

After both of them had cleaned up, they went to dinner. The crowd was not large, most were still arriving as they were. Elrond motioned them to sit across from him. "My sons are currently travelling but they are expected to arrive within a few days. Celebrían and Arwen are still in Lórien themselves." He explained as they saw no seats saved next to him for any of his family, having been occupied by several others.

"When will they return?" Almiel asked.

"Hopefully soon." He said. "Have you seen them Haldir?" He asked.

Haldir nodded. "Yes, occasionally. I only see them when I actually return to Caras Galadhon. Something that happens rarely lately. They were well when I left a year ago."

"You have been travelling for a year?" Elrond asked, surprised.

"Yes, unfortunately," Haldir admitted. "I am one of the only ones willing to still do it, and My Lady has to send someone."

"I was under the impression you were a Marchwarden, not an ambassador."

"That is true, but my father was an ambassador and I remain one of the few able to speak another language besides our own." Haldir said. "Not many in Lórien wish to leave, and therefore do not bother learning any other language. The few messengers that leave Lórien usually only go between here, the Havens, and occasionally Mirkwood."

Almiel glanced at him. "The same is true in Mirkwood, but now it is mostly for safety's sake." She looked at Elrond. "The wood has grown dark again, darker than before. My father fears the one Mithrandir drove out has returned."

Elrond pressed his lips together, knowing what that could mean. "What is happening?"

"It is a slow thing," she said, "But deadlier for it. Most of our nation is moving closer to the Palace, moving farther away from the mountains. Orcs and Spiders have been moving closer to us as well, and we fear we might be overrun someday."

And your father told you this? Haldir asked her.

Well… not exactly. Almiel said.

Speaking your father's innermost fears might be considered dangerous by any other. He said.

They are not his innermost fears. She said grimly. He spoke them quite loudly to the Council the other day, motivating most of them to prepare for war.

Haldir's eyes sparked with surprise as he looked at her. He did?

Yes, I think it was after that meeting that he and Legolas decided I needed to leave. She muttered. Do you have to leave?

Did you not just ask me when I was leaving?

You may be a pain, she remarked, but this could get lonely.

Haldir quickly suppressed the guilt those words made him feel. I have too. He finally said. Perhaps you will come to Lórien later.

Later? Hopefully I will be home later. She said sighing.

The twins will be here soon. Haldir said in an effort to cheer her up. Legolas is like a brother to them, if you remember.

Yes, but I have only met them briefly before, a long time ago.

What do you want me to say? Haldir asked.

Nothing I guess. I just wish I had never agreed to leave. Something feels wrong about leaving my own home when such a darkness has fallen.

Darkness will end in time. Was Haldir's only answer.

*

Haldir left when he said he would, but only after doing his best to comfort Almiel that all would be well soon. She never really seemed to believe him, but she at least made an effort to appear as if she did. It did not fool Haldir, but it may have fooled everyone else. Haldir, as usual, could read her fear and knew it had not diminished.

After he was gone, Almiel went to the gardens by the small stream of water that she had gone to before when she was younger. Nothing here seemed to have changed. It was the same as always, though Almiel knew that was in large part due to Elrond's power. She sat on the bank of the stream, letting her hair out and then braiding it into one long braid like she used to do at night when she was little.

The sun shined here where no shadow diminished it. Maybe her stay here would not be so bad after all.

*

The twins had been travelling for a few months, sometimes with the rangers and sometimes on their own. They reached Imladris' border and grinned at each other before racing their horses to the stables. They were promptly scolded for disturbing the peace and pretended to listen before laughing as they made their way into their home. Elladan stopped short as they walked through the gardens, quickly hushing his brother.

Who is that? He asked Elrohir, pointing toward an Elleth on the edge of one of the streams. She seemed to be singing softly to herself, and she had not acknowledged them yet.

How should I know? I have never seen her before.

That's my point, should we not know every Elleth in Imladris? I know I have danced with all of them at least twice.

True, but is it not possible she is from elsewhere? Or perhaps a married Elleth? Elrohir pointed out. In either situation we might not know her.

Her hair is too golden to be from Lórien. Elladan said. I would know even if she were married if she lived in Imladris, simply from her hair color.

Actually, Elrohir started, she looks a lot like…

The Elleth laughed. "I guess you do not recognize me?" She asked laughing softly. The twins exchanged a glance.

"How did you know?" Elrohir asked.

"Your faces were confused." She answered, standing and turning more fully toward them.

Elrohir's eyes cleared of confusion. "Your Highness, forgive us, you have grown." He said, bowing slightly. Elladan apologized as well but she laughed it off.

"Your father said the same. It seems he was expecting me to still be a child."

"I was not expecting you here at all." Elrohir said, smiling. "I am glad of the surprise. What brings you here?"

Almiel sighed. "My father thinks I am no longer safe at home."

"From suitors or enemies?" He asked, teasing her with his eyes. "Or does he consider them the same?"

Almiel laughed. "Well, I suppose he could have been thinking that, but it was not what he told me."

Elladan smiled. "If it was the real reason, you may be no safer here."

His words were true. Both brothers were silently acknowledging the fact that when she had grown, fate had been as kind to her as it had to her family. She mirrored her father and brother in almost every way which gave her bearing a sense of pride and royalty. Her eyes and the gentleness of her face, however, was most definitely from her mother and also gave her a sense of compassion. A trait which, though it was rumored the King and Prince had a trace of, was hidden behind the mask of kingship that the male members of her family carried.

In either case, and much to Thranduil's despise, it had landed her in quite the eligible position, and the twins of Elrond were certainly not the first to notice.

"Then perhaps it is a good reason that is not why my father sent me." She said smiling. "Otherwise he may be disappointed."

Elrohir laughed. "It seems you share much in common with your brother as well. I hope that is not a wrong assumption."

She raised an eyebrow. "We will see," she answered, a mischievous sparkle to her eyes.

"Just when things were looking boring in Imladris," Elladan said, "Life may just be about to get more interesting."

"Indeed," Elrohir said while the Princess' smiled wryly.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

22.5K 797 19
When Tauriel and Legolas finally realize that they share the same feeling towards one another, Legolas learns that he is to be betrothed to a princes...
135K 3.5K 25
[Highest Rank: 1 in Lord Of The Rings] "love is a strange thing. Once it happens, nothing and no one can change it, in any condition.". Niphredil Ele...
153K 3.5K 33
Caladwen was a baby elf who lost her family. She was all alone when Sauron, Lord of Mordor found her. He took her back to Mordor with him and raised...
77.7K 2.1K 34
[Highest Rank: 4 in Legolas] When the old wounds get open once more, when the darkness poisons her soul, when all hope fades away, can Nestarel Umari...