Cowboy Take Me Away

By roansNropes

#1 in Cowgirl #1 in Rodeo #1 in Farm #1 in Country Cooper Blackwood, new to Hudson, is a deep-roote... More

Home
Wolf Girl
Ex boyfriend
Trouble
His Story
Screw Feelings
I'll Find out
Hangin' With The Boys
Blood On My Tiles
Hold It
Dad no.
Filler
Author's Note
Check Yourself
Oh Man
Everything But This
Not Helping The Situation
Cat's Out of The Bag
Well What A Shame
Mixed Feelings
Think of Me
I Already Knew
Amazed
Sister Sister
Dancin' Boots
The Outlaw
Weird
Excuse Me?
Fireworks
Promise?
Broken
Son of a bitch
Only Memory
Oh, Okay
Final
It All Comes Out
New Beginnings
Oh, thanks?
The Scar
Glass Heart
Wasted Time
Church Whispers
Dammit Mom!
The Speech
The Picture
Never Go Home
The Picture (Cooper's POV)
20 Questions
Mr. and Mrs.
Epilogue
Other Works By Me!

Whoops

21K 336 40
By roansNropes

"That's my good boy." I say as I patted Pharaoh's croup and dropped his reins as he rode back to the barn. We just got done with our barrels practice and he did a wonderful job with his leads and his balance. I didn't see myself having a big career with barrel racing, I thought of it more of a hobby with my horse. I didn't see myself going to the NFR, although that would be pretty cool, but I just don't think it was for me. Obviously, I would still compete at rodeos that are pretty close to home, I still love doing it, and Pharaoh and I are pretty good. I wanted to peruse my dream of being a farm vet and carrying on the diner. 

Anyways, I'm not sure what I am going to do today. Maybe I'll hangout with Taylor, we haven't in a while and I missed her. I also haven't hung out with Cooper since Wednesday and it's Friday, I know not a big deal, but when you're in me and Cooper's situation, it's hard to find time to talk to each other with out someone noticing. Plus, Cooper and I are both really busy, especially Cooper. He either has to work at the sale barn, doing stuff around his ranch, or he is practicing, and he has to eat and rest in between. That's what I found attractive in him, hard working. Obviously that isn't the only thing I found attractive about him, I could go on forever about his attractiveness. 

I got off of Pharaoh and tied him to a hitching post, just outside of the barn. I undid the flank cinch and then the front cinch, then slid the saddle of the beast and then took it to the tack shack. When I carefully put the saddle away, I walked over to the barn and turned the hose on and grabbed the necessities for bathing my horse. 

****************

Sitting on the couch, watching Reba, while Ashley is laying on the other couch, while having her calves on Caleb's lap. It was about 1 o'clock and I was becoming extremely bored, and it's too hot to do anything with my horses. So I grabbed my phone and pressed on Taylor's number. "Who ya calling? River's butler?" Caleb said and then laughed, amusing himself. After Ash saw me rolling my eyes, she kicked Caleb real close to his family jewels and he backed down. 

"Hey Kota!" Taylor's bright voice came through the phone. 

"Hey Tay, wanna do something?" I ask, and then getting up and walking to the kitchen. 

"Yeah sure, what do you wanna do?" She asked me. 

"Wanna go swimming or something, it's so dang hot out." I reply. 

"Ya, you can come out to my pool if you want." She said. 

"Okay! I'll be there in about 10." I inform her and then start heading to my room. 

"Sounds great, bye girl." She said excitedly. 

"Bye Tay." I said and then we both hang up at the same time. 

I arrived at Taylor's house around 10 minuets later, just like I said, and I could not wait to dive into her cold pool. It was a blazin' 99 degrees outside, and I felt bad for whoever has to work outside today. I already had my swimsuit on, so I just parked my truck in her grass, and then went to her backyard and I could already hear the music. There Taylor was, already floating on her red-circular-crab floatie. I climbed the stairs of her back deck and stripped of my clothes, she still hasn't noticed I am here. 

So I decided to have some fun with that. I quietly went back down the stairs and then silently climbed up the pool ladder, and then smoothly put my body in the cool water, hardly making any ripples. I can usually take cold water, but this was really cold, and it took all of my nerves to not just dive under and get used to it. Anyways, I reached Taylor's floatie and then in one swift move I lifted it up and tilted it so she ended up in the water, which I know she hated. I started to laugh, and I laughed even harder when she surfaced because she let out a loud gasp. "You know what this means!" She said and then lunged at me and tackled me into the water. 

It didn't affect me because I don't mind getting my hair wet, and I wasn't wearing any makeup, so no harm to me. When we came back above the water, we came out laughing that's just how we were, happy as can be. "Let me go get your floatie, and I know you don't need sunscreen because you never burn." She rolled her eyes at me at the last part. It was true, I have never got sun-burned, I just always get dark, family genes. 

Taylor threw the flat-dark blue floatie into the pool and then I grabbed onto the sides and hoisted myself up and then laid on my back, unhooking my swimsuit so I wouldn't get tan lines. "So Taylor, how's Beau?" I ask her as she get back on hers. 

"Amazing, completely amazing." She said in a day-dream voice, and I could basically hear the smile in her voice. 

"That's great, Tay. I'm really happy for you." I say in all honesty. 

"What about you? I heard you dumped River, any new guys yet?" She asked me. I was dying to tell her about me and Cooper, but I just couldn't risk it. I knew even if I did tell her, she wouldn't tell anyone, actually sometimes she rambles and slips something, but it would probably only to Beau. Taylor is my best friend and I hated lying to her, but this was the only way. 

"Nope, single as a pringle." I said with a smile, because that's what happens when I think of Cooper. 

"I just don't get it." She said frustrated. 

"What?" I ask her and then open my eyes and see her sitting up on her floatie and looking at me, with a thoughtful and distressed expression. 

"Why you are single?! Let's face it, you are smokin' hot, girlfriend! You have the kindest heart, sweetest soul, greatest body, and the most gorgeous face! Also you can shoot a gun, shoot a bow, ride crazy fast horses, and rope a God-damn steer! And not to mention you own a diner! What man wouldn't want to date you?" She said, making me smile at her. I love her. I was very thankful to be able to call her my best friend. 

"Thank you Tay, but you basically described yourself! I'm nothing that special, and I'm sure I'll meet the right guy someday. Heck, he'll might even come into the diner and that's how we meet!" I say, hinting that I'm talking about Cooper, but she doesn't know that. 

"I know!" She perks up and throws up her hand in excitement. 

"What?" I ask her. 

"What about Cooper? I mean c'mon he is the definition of attractive! I could definitely see you guys together! Oh my, you guys would make beautiful children!" She says, making me go wide-eyed at her. 

"Woah, hold your horses.. I couldn't date Cooper. My dad tells me he's nothing but trouble, and he flirts with Avery all the time!" I say like it's a big deal, even though I know all the truth behind it.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but you guys still would make beautiful babies. I would proudly get to call them my God-children." She confidently says and I shake my head as she lays back down. 

"Let's talk about you and Beau's babies, beautiful dirty-blonde hair and bright blue eyes?!" I say, trying to change the subject. 

"Yeah, ours would kick your baby's ass!" She says, yup, she's back. 

****************

The sun against my skin felt amazing, the warmth sent happy signals to my brain. I think I've been tanning about three hours, making sure to evenly turn onto my back and then on my stomach. I was confident that I was going to get some tan from today, and that alone made me happy. Laying on this floatie gave me a lot of time to think about things, mostly the reasons why I love summer: Sun, warm temperatures, lots of trail rides, rodeos, swimming, fairs, shorts and tanks, and lots of the outdoors. "Kota! You're phone is ringing!" Taylor's voice shakes me out of my happy thoughts. 

I slide off the floatie and then quickly climb the pool ladder and then walk over to the small picnic table where my phone is indeed ringing. I pick it up and put it under some shade to be able to tell who it was, Cooper. "Hey." I answered the phone. 

"Hey girly, what ya up to?" He said making me bite my lip, trying to contain a smile. I side eye Taylor and she's laying back on the floatie, but I decide to walk a distance just to be safe. 

"I'm at Taylor's, what's up?" I ask him, crossing my one arm under my arm holding my phone. 

"Well I just got off work, and I'm missing you a bit." He said and I already felt the butterflies in my stomach. 

"A bit, huh?" I ask him, letting out a chuckle. 

"Okay, maybe more than just a bit. But if you're at Taylor's we can just hang out later." He says, but I can tell in his voice that he doesn't mean it fully. 

"No, I've been here most of the day. Give me a half an hour and I'll be there, okay?" I tell him, making my way back to the pool area. 

"Great, by sweet thang." He said making me giggle. 

"Bye, Coop." I say and then I hang up and walk over to the pool. "That was my mom, I gotta get home for supper." I say to Taylor as I put on my clothes and I watch her nod. 

"Okay, well thanks for spending the day with me and letting me talk your ear off about Beau." She says and I laugh. 

"No problem, thanks for letting me come over! Tell your parents hi from me, and I'll see you tomorrow!" I yell as I walk away from her and to my truck in their driveway. 

Once I get into the truck, I hurry up and buckle, and then put 'er in reverse and then get the hell out of the drive way, because I needed to get home and take a shower and leave before my parents got home. So I didn't have to make up an excuse for leaving Taylor's and then going back to her house for supper. So I was going about 65 on the dirt road, while the speed limit is only 45, no cops around here though. 

I finally got to my house and to my luck, there was no one home, just the dogs laying on the couch in the nice-air-conditioned house. They were the most energetic, but laziest dogs I know. I stopped from my hustling and gave each dog a nice scratch behind the ears, and then hustled to my bathroom. I quickly ripped off my clothes and hung up my swimsuit and them stepped into the shower, without turning music on, and that meant business. 

I had showered, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and put on mascara in 15 minuets, to say the least, I was proud of myself. Now came deciding what to wear.. I walked to my closet and pulled out jean shorts and loose dark gray Army tee. I grabbed my Holy Cow Couture Santa Fe moccasins and slipped them onto my feet and then put on perfume and deodorant and headed for my truck. 

I slowed down when I pulled into Cooper's drive and I started to look around for him when I drove to where I usually parked. And as on cue my boy walked out of the barn, both us smile at each other. I turned off my truck and then I turned to grab my phone from the passenger seat, as well as opening the door. When I turned to jump out of the truck, Cooper was standing in front me already. "Hi boyfriend." I smiled like a fool.

"I like when you say that." He smirked and then pulled me out of my truck and up in his arms, my feet not touching the ground, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He planted a sweet kiss on my cheek and then put me down, leaving an arm around my shoulder. "You eaten?" He asked me as we stepped onto his porch steps. 

"I'm starving." I say to him as he opens the door for me to enter into his cozy home.

"Good, I made lots." He said and then I raised my eyebrows at him, "Okay fine I didn't, but I gotta bag of 100 pizza rolls that can be ready in 15 minuets." He said and I laughed as we separated as he went to the fridge. 

"I can make something, too." I say to him, sitting down at the table, putting my left calf under my right thigh. 

"Nah, I don't want ya to do worry 'bout it." He said, still looking for food. 

"Let me cook for you!" I whined and his head popped up and raised his eyebrows, "Please! It'll be fun! Plus, I'm a great cook!" I said and put my hands together and begged him. 

"Okay, but only 'cause you're so dang cute." He smirked, making me blush. I mentally threw up my hands in victory, but kept cool on the outside. 

"Okay, let's see what ya got." I said as he stepped aside for me as I entered their regular sized kitchen and open their fridge and pantry, searching for ingredients to combine together. 

************

I looked at Cooper from across the table and he looked exhausted, not from lack of sleep, from eating so darn much of my hamburger hot dish, and fruit and vegetables. I had to say, my hot dish was quite delicious and I was full myself, but Cooper ate most of it. "Did you even eat today?" I asked him as I took his dish from him and carried it to the dish washer and loaded it in there. 

"Yeah, I had eggs and bacon in the morning, but I only had one PB&J at lunch." He said with a yawn at the end of his sentence, and then he ran his hands through his hair, now looking tired from lack of sleep. "What ya wanna do now?" Cooper asked me as I returned to the table and stood in front of him. 

"Don't matter to me." I shrugged and then he stood up and he grabbed my hand and turned around and pulled me with him. "Where are we going?" I asked him, then I realized we were going towards the stairs. 

"My lair." He says in a evil-but-cute voice making me laugh as we quickly glide up the stairs and then his room. 

Cooper's room was very much like him, charcoal gray walls with red rustic decor, cowboy figures, all of his buckles hanging in a display case, pictures of Reese and his mom, but only one picture of him. His bed was my favorite item of the room, it was seriously the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in, and his comforters were so warm and cuddly! 

As I walked over to his bed, something caught my eye, a new picture frame on his night stand. I was awe-struck when I saw the picture was of me and him. Cooper took the picture while I was on his back, with my arms wrapped around his shoulders and smiling. Cooper had a crooked smile, that fit him perfectly. I picked up the frame and ran my finger across the precious picture, and then I looked up at Cooper who looked nervous/scared. "When did you do this?" I asked him in a soft tone. The frame to me meant that Cooper really cared about our relationship, it made me fall deeper for him just like that. 

"Right after we took that picture." He said and then came in front of me. "It's not weird is it?" He asked, as if scared of my reaction. 

"No, Cooper. I love it." I smile at him and then he cracks a smile at me. "Thank you." I say and then I lean up and plant a kiss on his soft lips. Cooper wraps his right arm around my waist, bringing me closer, and I take my left hand and put it right under where his hair stops. 

After a long couple of moments, I pull back and then a though erupts in my mind, "Where's Reese?" I ask him and then he perks up an eyebrow and laughs, making me confused. 

"That's what you though after we kissed?" He said and then lays down on his bed and then lifts the covers, inviting me in. 

I carefully put the frame back where it was and then I lay next to Cooper, putting my head on his chest and tangling our legs together, and wrapping my left arm around his stomach, my favorite position. "He's at my aunts house in Billings." He sighed and I nodded against him. Laying with Cooper was so warm and relaxing, but yet intimate, I loved it. I felt safe in his arms

                                                          Cooper

"Did you even eat today?" DaKota's soft voice wakes me out of my food coma. Seriously, I am having a bad case of food brain. She just made me the best hot dish I had ever had, but I wouldn't tell my grandma that. I looked up at my beautiful girl, she barely wore any makeup, which she didn't even need. Her hair was natural, pieces curly waves framed her face, and her hazel eyes seem to pop out even more wearing that loose gray shirt. Every time I looked at her I felt like my heart skipped a beat. 

"Yeah, I had eggs and bacon in the morning, but I only had one PB&J at lunch." I yawned, answering her. "What ya wanna do now?" I asked her as I looked up to her as she stood in front of me. 

"Don't matter to me." She says, making me stand up and grab her hand. "Where are we going?" 

"My lair." I say in a fictional voice, enjoying her laugh after I say it. She was the cutest person ever. 

When we walk into my room I saw her evaluating it, like she wanted to memorize it. I just let her do her thing, because I could watch her all day. After she was done looking around she found the picture I set up next to my side of the bed, I started to become nervous. She picked it up and blushed and smiled romantically, seeing her smile made me smile. "When did you do this?" She sounded shocked, but in a happy way. 

"Right after we took that picture." I told her, "It's not weird is it?" I asked her, maybe it was going to fast for her, but I knew it wasn't for me. 

"No, Cooper. I love it." She widens her smile and then I feel my heart beat decline. "Thank you." She then leans up and puts her lips against mine. I immediately wrap my arm around her and bring her closer to me, and then her hand goes to the back of my head, her fingers in my hair, it felt so good.  

She pulled back after a while and then asked, "Where's Reese?"

I was stunned that she asked me that, "That's what you though after we kissed?" I joke with her and then lay in my bed, inviting her to join me. 

She puts the frame back in it's place, and then comes under the covers and automatically puts her head on my chest and arm around me, she was so cuddly! "He's at my aunts house in Billings." I sigh, closing my eyes and then I feel her nod against me. If someone asked me what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, it'd be this: Kota lying right next to me, the sound of the wind through the window, soft music in the back round, and knowing that she was safe with me, it's perfect. 

***************

I felt poking on my shoulder as I was sleeping. I just murmured, "Kota stop." and furred my eyebrows and buried my left check on top of her head, getting closer. I didn't want to wake up, it was too soon. 

"I will not stop until you explain to me what this is." My eyes shot open when my brain recognized what voice that was, my mother's. I cranked my head towards her and she was standing almost above me with her arms crossed, reading for an explanation. I mentally cursed as I threw back my head. "Don't look so scared, I'm just mad you didn't tell me sooner!" Her expression softened and shocked me a bit. 

I looked down at DaKota and she was still sleeping, her head still on my chest. If she were a princess, she would be Sleeping Beauty. I used my left arm to shake her shoulder and she moved a bit, but moved closer to me. "Wake up girly." I softly say to her and then she opens one eye and in a moment she sees my mom and then she moves and sits up and looks at me. 

"It's okay dear, I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I'm just glad you guys have your clothes on. I'm just kidding! I'm so glad you are with him, now maybe he will learn some manners! Maybe if you could teach him-"

"Mom..." I drag out and she laughs and throws up her hands. 

"Okay, I get the hint. I'll see you soon, okay Kota?" She says as she walks to me door. DaKota just shyly smiles and nods at her and then my mom closes the door. 

DaKota whips her head at me, and she gives me the are-you-serious-we-just-got-caught look. I smile at her and then she says, "What the hell Cooper!"

"Whoops." I start laughing. When I look back she looks confused and pissed at the same time, so I take my right hand and bring her cheeks to face mine and then I kiss her. I'd hope the kiss would tell her not to worry and that everything would be okay. 

"You can trust my mom, she won't tell anyone. I'll talk to her after you leave, trust me." I say and then plant a kiss on her nose. 

"Okay, I should probably get going." She sighs and then moves from underneath the covers and off my bed. 

"Just a bit longer! Pleeaasssee!" I pout my lips and she looks hesitant, and then a small smile forms on her lips. 

"Fine, but only if we watch Friends." She pointed her finger and I nodded and then she returned her to her spot and I grabbed the remote and turned on my TV and then went to Netflix. I loved watching Friends with her, because it was a funny show, and laughing with her was the best thing ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 288 17
18 year-old girl named, Carolyn, Who's mother ran off to Travel the world after Carolyn was only 3 years old. She Lived with her dad in Kansas on a s...
136K 7.3K 35
A fatal mistake and a dead horse sink Era into depression, and she vows never to ride again. But when her mother sends her to her father's ranch to '...
34.6K 1.4K 39
Dakota, an Army Veteran in a small town in Texas, has had enough of her good for nothing husband. After a brawl between them, she flees without a tr...
548K 7.8K 43
#1 in Cowgirl #1 in Rodeo #1 in Cowboy Luke Anderson is a good ol' country boy, but also a professional bull rider. His life is devoted to the PBR...