Behold

By awndrayuh

Make sure to read Beware before reading Behold. Reina | Damien | Rafael More

Author's Note
one
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen

three

17.7K 605 68
By awndrayuh

(hey friends, chapter two was marked private just to let you know)

Reina

Today was the day it started. My body urgently woke itself up and I frantically ran to the bathroom before dropping to my knees and vomitting into the toilet. Morning sickness is a bitch.

After brushing my teeth, I just decided to hop in the shower because I had to head out and pick up Gabriella soon. After washing off, I went into my room and changed into a white t-shirt, a black circle skirt with gold trim and black gladiator sandals. I let my hair out into its natural curly state and then just scooped up the bag that I used yesterday. I turned towards the door to leave when I noticed Damien standing in the doorway.

I covered my now pounding heart and gasped. "Yo, you're such a fucking creep."

"You better be happy some nigga has his eyes on you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, okay." I rolled my eyes.

"Why you up so early Rei?"

"I got sick and then just decided to start my day."

"You iight?"

"Yeah, just this little baby fucking with me."

"My little nigga likes to play games, huh?" He smiled. I'm 80% sure that Damien believes that the baby inside of me is his but the truth is, I don't know. I know I can just resolve the problem and get a DNA test right now but I'm scared. It might break his heart and I don't want him to have to deal with that right now.

"It's going to be a girl, not a boy. I can tell."

"Yeah well you're wrong Rei, I feel it in my heart."

"Aww that's cute but no, I'm having another girl."

"Wanna bet?"

"Alright. If I'm right, you gotta buy me a—"

"Cherry red Jeep with heated seats and black rims."

I grinned, "How did you know?"

"You've been wanting that shit since when I first met you, I guess some things don't change."

"I guess not, but what do you want if you win?"

He silently thought for a second then responded, "I just want you to be my girl."

"Yeah keep dreaming homeboy." I shook my head, smiling then got out of his grip and started walking down to the garage.

"I mean, I've had you once, I can get you again. I know you Reina."

"I mean if that's what you wanna believe that's cool." I joked, getting into my Altima. I turned through key in the ignition then rolled down the window.

"Yeah you wait and see."

"Okay, don't be upset though when you lose."

"I won't 'cause I'm not."

"Mhm... so when we go on these appointments, we're not going to ask what the sex is?"

"Yeah, we'll keep it a surprise."

"Okay, that sounds cool."

"Yeah, where you headed out to though? To get Gabby?"

"Yeah and then just make sure that everything is on time for the party." Gabby's fifth birthday is coming up in the next few weeks and she decided that she just wanted into have a party at the house and invite all of her little school pals over.

"Iight well if you need anything, call."

"Okay, I'll see you." I leaned out of my car window and gave him a small peck on the lips before pulling out of the garage and onto the street. I ended up in the drive-thru of McDonald's ordering an Oreo McFlurry and large fries which I was so desperately craving. After I finished eating, I made my way over to Madison's house where Gabriella spent the night. I checked my appearance over in the mirror once more then exited the car and made my way up to the front door. I knocked twice and the door opened right up. I looked twice at the beautiful man before me and began speaking, "Uh hi, I'm here to pick up Gabriella."

"Oh iight, my ma said you were coming. I'm Terell, Madison's father and you are?"

"Reina. Gabriella's mother."

He smiled and I almost melted, "Nice to meet you."

"You too." I blushed.

"Come in, she should almost be ready to go."

"Alright, thank you." I entered into his house and we walked into the kitchen where he was currently cooking something. "I was making some hamburgers for them, we weren't sure when you were coming over. You can stay if you'd like to eat."

"Aw thanks, that's really nice of you but we actually have to get going. I have to check up on my business and all this other mess."

"That's cool. What kind of business you in?"

"Cosmetology. I own my own salon but then it was destroyed in a fire so I had to get it rebuilt."

"I'm sorry to hear that." He said sincerely.

"It's alright." I smiled at him which in turn made him reveal his thousand Watt smile which was so beautiful.

"Ma! Estas aqui!" Gabby ran to me with her outerwear and bookbag on with Madison trailing behind her. My mother thought it'd be a great idea if Gabby grew up bilingual so I've been trying to speak more Spanish around her; I guess it's working. "Yes baby I'm here." I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes. Mr. Terrell is so nice and funny and me and Madison played all these games and did each other's makeup, we looked so pretty."

"I'm glad you had a good time mija. We're about to leave so say goodbye and thank you to Madison and her father.

Gabby and Madison ran over to each other and hugged tightly. "Bye Maddy, I'll see you in school!"

"Okay Gabs! Maybe ask your mom if you can call me later and we can talk on the phone."

"Okay!" Gabby smiled then went over to Terell and hugged his leg. "Thank you Mr. Terell, I had a good time."

He bent down to her level and grinned, "I'm glad you did too. Come back whenever you want." Oh God why did he say that?

She gasped, "Whenever?!"

He nodded, "Yup."

"Okay, I'll be back soon or maybe Madison can come over to my house and we could play there or do something fun because my mom is home and she's a lot of fun. So is my daddy."

"Yeah, okay Gabby, let's get going babygirl." I picked her back up and smiled at Terell. "Thanks again."

"No problem. Can I have your number though... just so we can set up the next date?"

"Um yeah sure." I held out my hand and he placed his phone in it. I quickly tapped in my number and handed it back to him. "Text me so I have your number."

"Iight, have a good day." He escorted us back to the front door and licked his lips while looking at me.

"You too." I smiled once more then headed outside to the car. I strapped Gabby in her car seat then slid in the driver's seat and pulled off towards our destination. "Mommy, what are we doing today?"

"How do you know we're doing something today hija?"

"Well before we go home you always call Daddy and you didn't this time."

"We're going to just check up on some things Gee."

"Oh my God, is it for my birthday? You know it's only in twelve days!"

"Is it really? I forgot all about it." I decided to mess with her a little bit.

"Mommy no! How could you forget? We were having a party and everything!"

"I'm sorry babygirl! Next year we'll throw you a party, I promise." I unbuckled myself and grabbed my bag. I opened the back door and started to unstrap Gabby.

"Mommy no! You can't do that!" Her face started to turn red.

"Baby I'm kidding, Mommy's only kidding; I'd never forget about your special day." I kissed her all over her face and she groaned. "Stop Mommy I'm mad at you."

"Oh really? You're so mad at me that you don't wanna talk to me?"

"No." She crossed her arms and pouted.

"So mad that if I get you ice cream you'll still be upset?"

"What kind of ice cream?"

"Cotton candy with rainbow sprinkles?"

"Yes mom! Can we get it now? I'm not mad anymore."

"Good baby, I'm glad." I kissed her forehead and pulled her out the car. "We'll get some ice cream after we finish in the store."

"Okay." She grinned at me and grabbed my hand as we walked into the store.

My baby was probably more of a drama queen than I was.

***
Damien

I wasn't looking forward to this class at all. Not that I didn't enjoy art but I was 99 percent sure that like in my previous classes, none of my homies would be in it and I'd have no one to vibe with.

I reached the art classroom and took a glance around room and as expected, I saw no one familiar. I shook my head and headed to the table at the back of the classroom where nobody was. I looked up at the clock and sighed, we had four minutes before this class started, making it an hour until the class was over. I pulled out my brand new iPhone and played Jelly Car until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and focused my view on someone who I've never seen before in my life.

"Hey, can I sit here?" She asked, gesturing to the seat next to me.

"Uh, yeah." I took a closer look at her and got lost. She was simply dressed in some black Converse, skinny jeans a black and white floral print tee and a black cardigan with her hair pulled up in a bun but she looked beautiful as hell. I turned to her as she sat besides me. "I've never seen you around before."

"Well it is only the first day, have you seen most of the people here before?"

"True." I nodded my head. "I'm Damien though, nice to meet you."

"I'm Reina, nice to meet you too."

"Where you from?"

"Thomas Jefferson Prep in Harlem. What about you?"

"Oh shit, no wonder why I haven't seen you around, TJP girls never be out anywhere."

"That's not even true." She laughed. "There's millions of people in this city and since you're from...?"

"George Washington Carver Academy in Williamsburg." I answered for her.

"Exactly, since we're from different boroughs, that's why we've never seen each other."

"Yeah, iight whatever you say."

"Don't be mad because I'm right."

"I'm not mad because you're right, I'm upset that you think you're right."

She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

I was going to ask her something else but class finally started and the teacher came around, passing out the syllabus and explaining what was on it.

After class was over, Reina was beginning to walk away when I grabbed her arm. "Hold up."

"Nigga I'm hungry and there's one thousand and eighty-five kids in this school, I gotta get my lunch."

"Chill out, only a fifth of us have lunch right now and I heard that that shit is garbage. Come chill with me and my people."

She turned and smiled at me. "That's a nice offer but I have people too and they're nor gunna be happy that I'm ditching them."

"Why would they be tight? You talking about your man?"

"No, I don't have a man. I just don't wanna ditch my friends."

I shrugged. "Bring 'em then. We're going to the pizza place on the corner."

"Fine, let me text them." She said as we headed towards the freshman lockers. Reina pulled out her G1 and quickly sent out a text message. After she opened her locker, stuffed her books inside and grabbed a hoodie.

"Can I get your number?" I asked her. She raised her eyebrow and opened her mouth, about to respond when I cut her off. "You know, since we're friends and all."

She laughed as she shut her locker. "We're friends?"

"Now we are." I slung my arm around her shoulder and we made our way outside. She looked down at her phone and rolled her eyes, "My friends were too lazy to come. Where are yours?"

"They don't even have lunch this period so it's just you and me."

"You're ridiculous." She rolled her eyes and popped a small smile.

"Get used to it. You're stuck with me now." I said as we made our way down to DeMaya's.

I snapped out of my daydream just as I heard my name being called. "Damien..."

I looked up and saw Reina in an oversized PINK nightgown and her hair tied up in a bun. "Damn, when did you get back?"

"Like fourty minutes ago. I took all of the groceries up, washed up Gabby, put her to bed and took a shower myself."

"You should've told me, I would've helped you."

"It's fine." She shrugged her shoulders. "I just wanted to say goodnight."

I got up and walked to her. "Well goodnight." I gingerly tilted her head up and pressed my lips against hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and reciprocated the action. "Stay in here tonight." I mumbled in her ear.

"No." She shook her head. "I shouldn't."

"You should and we're not gunna do shit. We can just talk and cuddle and do all thay shit that you love to do." I slid my hands down her body and cupped her ass.

"Well fine. Just because my back hurts and I want a backrub." She sauntered over to my bed, plopped down and laid face up. I got right next to her and laughed. "How do you want a backrub when you can't even lie on your stomach?"

"I dunno." She shrugged. "Make it happen."

"Iight, come here." I pulled her towards me and put my arms around her.

"I thought this was supposed to be a back rub not a cuddle session."

"It's not." I pulled off her shirt and took a look at her boyshorts. "Who we're you tryna look cute for?"

"I wasn't trying to, I just am and anyways, what the hell are you doing?" She giggled.

"Chill out." I pressed my hands against her back and started kneading it.

"Oh my God..." She groaned. "Why does this feel so good?"

"'Cause I've got them magic hands. And your slow ass doubted me."

"Shit..." She moaned as I prodded her back. "This baby is killing me."

"It'll be worth it in the end." I stopped massaging her and looked at her.

"True."

I looked down and smiled. "You're starting to show, finally."

"Yeah, I guess it makes sense considering I got sick as he'll this morning. The baby is really here, it's really growing."

"Are you scared?" I placed my hands on her bare stomach as she nodded. "Yeah. Child birth is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I almost passed out delivering Gabriella."

"Even with the pain medicine shit?"

"Yeah, it wears off when I get ready to deliver."

"Damn, well I'll get you through it. You don't gotta worry."

"Oh so you're gunna deliver this baby for me?"

"Maybe..." I clicked my tongue. "... or nah.

Reina rolled her eyes and showed a little smile. "That's what I thought." She out back on her shirt and clapped her hands twice, turning off the lights. I once again pulled her near me and kissed her cheek. "Why do we have separate rooms? I want you in here with me."

"Well... If I want to be alone, then I can be and I'm only in here because you ask me to and we're not together and this is just all complicated."

"It's not for me. I love you. I wanna be with you."

"Can we please not have this conversation again? It always turns out the same and I'm just not for it tonight Damien."

"Nah I mean, this nigga knows you're pregnant and he decides to stay in Japan and cut you off? But you want me to wait, you don't wanna be committed to me because when he shows his ass some time in the future, you still might have feelings for him but I'm here for you right now and you won't give me a chance."

"Damien you did the same thing five years ago so don't even go there. He's hurt, I fucked up and I get it."

"You fucked up? Sleeping with me was a mistake?"

"At the time it was." She shifted in the bed.

"Is it still now? Is that why you're not sleeping with me now?"

"Is that all you fucking want? I'm not sleeping with you because if this isn't your baby then I don't wanna have sex with you, it's just weird and I'm not ready for that anyways."

"So why don't you take the test then?"

"I'm not ready."

"Reina you're waisting mine and his time by prolonging this shit. I just wanna know. Regardless if he bails out, I'm gon raise the child but it's just better if we know now."

"Why would you raise the child? No one asked you to if wasn't yours."

"I'm not doing it because I feel obligated or someone asked me to, I'm doing it because regardless of the outcome I love your ass and I want us to be a family but I see you wanna keep your options open."

She abruptly shot up in the bed and stood up. "It's not like that at all... I'm just cautious."

"For what reason?"

"I just can't have things go like they have before..."

I stood you and walked over to her. "I told you that I'd never leave you or my daughter again."

"I believe you."

"Then what's the problem?"

"The past fights we've had, have gotten kind of violent and I don't want that happening ever again."

"It won't, I promise." I caressed her face in my hands and kissed her.

"I just have to be cautious and if Damien does come back and something happens, I can't be scared that you'll do something crazy again."

"My mind wasn't in the right place at the moment, it won't happen anymore."

"Alright." She pulled away from me and looked at me. "Goodnight."

"You're not going to sleep?"

"I am... but in my bed. I'd like to be alone right now." She exited my room and went across the hall to hers. I groaned and slammed my fist against the wall.

I thought this shit was supposed to get easier.

◇◇◇

#notedited #commentandvote #thankscuties

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 12.8K 39
What if you were given a second chance to set right your greatest mistake? Alyssa Valdez Dennise Lazaro
10.7K 843 48
August Alsina 2023 ღ
5.9K 308 23
jus read!
205K 3.1K 17
please don't read this.