Every Second [COMPLETED]

joymoment által

"Honestly one of the best books I've read" - mywayforme "I'll take it from here," Sebastian said. "Ms. Dawson... Több

Dang! Check out that cast!
OH NO! 😱 Author's Note! Run for it!
Chapter 1 - "Well, it's about time!"
Chapter 2 - "The last album failed."
Chapter 3 - "Is this even real?"
Chapter 4 - "I would look terrible with facial hair."
Chapter 5 - "I'm a cat lady!"
Chapter 6 - "Your parents must be really proud."
Chapter 7 - "Hey troublemaker."
Chapter 8 - "Sebastian is not here."
Chapter 9 - "Who is this fool?"
Chapter 10 - "I'm off to face my death."
Chapter 11 - "I believe in you and I'll wear ear plugs."
Chapter 12 - "Can I ask you a question?"
Chapter 13 - "He still has a girlfriend."
Chapter 14 - "You two are a bit too dramatic."
Chapter 15 - "I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lennon Kayhill."
Chapter 16 - "What happened?"
Chapter 17 - "Do you want to throw on a shirt and we can get working?"
Chapter 18 - "You done?"
Chapter 19 - "Sebastian-"
Chapter 20 - "It's a long story."
Chapter 21 - "Would it help if I ran at you?"
Chapter 22 - "I've decided my only option is to go mad."
Chapter 23 - "How'd you escape?"
Chapter 24 - "I don't know why. Maybe it was my fault."
Chapter 25 - "You're forcing our friendship?"
Chapter 26 - "Hey Farewell!"
Chapter 27 - "And welcome home, I guess."
Chapter 28 - "How many girlfriends have you had?"
Chapter 29 - "Aims, I'll take your company in whatever form I can have it."
Chapter 30 - "I just forgot that, he's Sebastian Colfax."
Chapter 31 - "I didn't want to look too eager."
Chapter 32 - "Show offs."
Chapter 33 - "Say something."
Chapter 34 - "I did the right thing?"
Chapter 35 - "Dance with me."
Chapter 36 - "Smooth. I give it a ten out of ten for tact."
Chapter 37 - "Aims, I don't want you to get hurt."
Chapter 38 - "I never wanted this!"
Chapter 39 - "I can't! You don't understand. I can't do this!"
Chapter 40 - "I wouldn't bail."
Chapter 41 - "What are you doing here?"
Chapter 42 - "Five months isn't that long."
Chapter 43 - "Priorities change."
Chapter 44 - "I miss you, Aims."
Chapter 45 - "I actually don't believe you."
Chapter 46 - "Don't forget me."
Chapter 47 - "Only forty days left until I see you again."
Chapter 49 - "Aims. I have a confession to make."
Epilogue
An Honest Thank You!
When Amelia Met Will (Deleted Scene)
Amelia's Final Work Day with Sebastian (Deleted Scene)
Amelia meeting Charlie in D.C. over tour (Deleted Scene)

Chapter 48 - "Was it worth waiting five months?"

48.2K 3K 1.5K
joymoment által

The empty hallway greeted Amelia. Low masculine voices seeped out from under the door, poking at the stillness. She stepped off the elevator, brushing a fall leaf off her head. Humming softly to the song playing in her ears, Amelia slide her key into the lock and paused the door open.

She froze, her heart dropping out of her chest then jumping back as she quickly pulled her earbuds out.

"Aims, what have I told you about giving our address to riffraff?" Charlie asked, gesturing to Danny and Sebastian seated on the couch.

Amelia didn't respond, her heartbeat steadily increasing as Sebastian walked over to her. Smiling, he cupped her face in his hands, his dark blue eyes beaming with a gleeful intensity. Every inch of Amelia was humming as she stared up at him. Her body felt like it was made of putty and she was drowning in his eyes and the feel his hands.

"Hey," he said softly.

The world around Amelia melted, like watercolors being washed out of existence. She rested her hands on his sides, her heart pounding in her ears, her thoughts absorbed with him and only him.

"Just kiss her already," Danny yelled, breaking the moment.

A flush brightened Amelia's cheeks and Charlie gave a significant cough. Sebastian's hands dropped away and Amelia, hid her face in his shoulder. Their fingers found each other and locked together, the sensation sending renewed sparks zipping through Amelia. Sebastian kissed the top of her head, while Charlie looked on with a mildly peeved expression. They moved back to the couch and took a seat beside each other.

"When did you get back?" Amelia asked, turning to face Sebastian.

He didn't answer right away, his eyes roaming over her face as if he wanted to capture every detail of it in an instant.

"Early this morning, I spent the majority of the last few hours sleeping. I have to be at Madison Square Garden in half an hour. I wanted to know if wanted to come with me. Well us. Danny's performing with me tonight."

"How long have you two been here?" Amelia asked.

"Why too long, if you ask me," Charlie joked.

"10 minutes," Danny said, he glanced at his watch. "We should be going. Aims, you going to come?"

Amelia looked to Sebastian, her smile growing.

"Of course."

***************

Amelia sat on the couch in Sebastian's dressing room, her hand locked with his.

She had just spent the last two hours watching Sebastian and Danny rehearse. Changed and hair styled for the show, Sebastian had joined her on the couch, both of them soaking up the time alone until Danny finished his own rehearsal.

Amelia brushed her hand gently on the curve of Sebastian's hair, her eyes hinting at mischief.

"Tell me, if I rumpled your hair would your stylist know somehow know and come yell at me not to touch your hair?" Amelia asked.

"Probably. Margaret I believe has a sixth sense about these things. She would most likely show up before you had the chance to even really do serious damage to it."

"She probably would," Amelia said, in mock seriousness.

Her expression went quiet.

"What's it like?" she asked.

"What's what like?"

Shrugging, she waved her hand in a wide ark.

"All of it. Having someone do your hair. Get your clothes ready. Someone to be at your every beck and call?"

Sebastian opened his mouth when a knock resounded on the door. Giving her a wry smile, he looked to the door.

"Yes?" he called out.

The door opened.

"Mic check in 20 minutes, Mr. Colfax," a man said.

"Thank you, Anthony."

The door closed and Sebastian turned to Amelia, his expression going humorous.

"Slightly annoying at times. I've gotten used to it. In the beginning it was overwhelming and stressful. Having hordes of people surrounding me, talking to me, poking and prodding me at times. Stylists, hair people, photographers, managers."

His hand instinctively raised to his hair but Amelia slapped it and he looked up, his expression vanishing into a smile.

"It's one of the reasons I spend so much time in my apartment now. I learned that it's the best way to cope with the constant onslaught of people. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything everyone does, its just...I prefer minimal company. That's why I only deal with Jules and Dodger. Everyone sends their lyrics or melodies to them and they give it to me."

"I always wondered why I never saw the other writers at your apartment. I thought it was because they come on the days when I wasn't there."

"Nope, I just couldn't stand to be around that many people all the time. My mother said I would always do well married, that way I only had to be with one person." He waved away the comment. "Anyways when my label suggested bringing in new writers to help with the album, Chuck helped me find a way to do it that wasn't draining."

"It still amazes me how you can play for thousands of people. Isn't that overwhelming?" Amelia asked, skeptical.

"I'm not dealing with them like I have to with everyone else, on a personal level. It's like with the music videos and photoshoots, it's one side of the same dice. I'm a performer. You got overwhelmed when girls constantly kept coming up to you but you've played for thousands of people, that's not stressful."

"I'm the drummer not the main event." She lightly taped his forehead with her finger. "It's not the same thing."

"You get my point, right?"

"I get you're point. You're amazing and I'm not sure I completely understand you but that's something I can change with time."

Sebastian gave her a crooked smile and he leaned closer to her, his eyes taking on a mischievous glint. A sudden flutter filled Amelia's stomach and her heart started beating faster as she drew in a short intake of breath.

They were inches apart when someone knocked. Sebastian dropped his head with clear frustration.

"Yes?" he said, looking up.

"Mic check, Mr. Colfax."

Sebastian nodded and stood.

"You don't have to come. They let some of the fans in." He cringed slightly. "And it gets kind of loud."

She gave him a flirty smile.

"I can jump up and down and scream with the best of them."

"Some how I can't imagine you do that. And I like that about you. My ears drums stay intact when you're around me."

"Unless I'm playing the drums."

"Unless you're playing the drums."

They both headed for the door, hands linked, glances and smiles darting back n forth.

**************

Music drifted down the halls and in through the open door. Laughter rang out through the dressing room. Danny sat in Sebastian's chair, Amelia and Sebastian were settled back on the couch once more.

"Danny do you and your family ever do anything normal on holidays?" Sebastian said.

"Not really. I can't remember the last night we did something ordinary. Even last Christmas Angus set his wig on fire leaning too close to a candle flame. Things kind of went downhill from there," Danny said.

"The craziest thing my family does on holidays is sleep in until ten and stay up until three." Sebastian joked.

"Poor Bash you're life is so boring, how can you even stand to live it?" Amelia asked in a patronizing tone.

Sebastian grinned teasingly at her.

"Fifteen minutes to stage, Mr. Colfax," a crew member said.

Sebastian nodded.

"I don't know Aims, but if it's a dull life I live, I guess I should make the most of it." he said.

They smiled at each other, eyes alight with contained laughter. Sebastian stood, helping Amelia to her feet.

"Walk me to the stage?" he asked.

She nodded and Danny stood, falling to step beside them.

The roar of the crowd was almost deafening as they stopped near the stage. Sebastian turned to face Amelia, his eyes holding the same mischievous glint that had held back in the room, but as someone hurried up to Sebastian.

The look faded, as he accepted the ear pieces with a brief thanks. Another person walked by him holding up five fingers. Sebastian nodded. Smiling, Amelia reached up and kissed him on the cheek, whispering into his ear.

"I would wish you luck but it would be pointless, I've seen you perform before. Good luck anyways," she said.

Sebastian smiled and then was led away by a large man in all black, guiding him under the stage. For a long moment, Amelia watched him walk away, slowly vanishing in the throng of workers.

"Come on Aims, I'll show you to the green room," Danny said.

Amelia let herself be guided through the chaos into a large, lavish room, crowded with impeccably dressed people with flawless hair and makeup. Danny lead her to a group in the back where Poppy, Natalie, Charlie and the group of writers sat.

"Can you believe we get to be here?" Poppy said, energetically.

Amelia nodded, smiling with amusement.

"I can't wait to tell William that I got to be here. He's going to be so jealous."

"You're right, a room full of people that he doesn't know and loud noises, he's definitely going to be jealous."

Poppy hit Amelia's arm playfully before wandering off to go mingle with everyone else. Amelia turned back to Charlie, who had his hand locked in Natalie's, and talked with them.

By the time the show was over, the room was full to bursting. Eager voices and excited tones clouded the room and filled it with the scent of alcohol. Needing a breath of fresh air, Amelia started to make her way to the hallway, slipping past wobbling guests. On her way she bumped into someone and stumbled back.

"I'm sorry," Amelia said, quickly.

The light brown haired girl narrowed her eyes as she surveyed Amelia, puzzlement flashing across her features.

"Do I know you?" the girl asked.

Before Amelia could respond a tall, dark haired, dark eyed guy came and slipped an arm around the girl's waist. The girl beamed at the guy and kissed him.

"I thought I lost you, I was going to organzine a rescue party," she said, playfully.

"Wise move," the guy said, then looked at Amelia. "Whose this?"

"We were just trying to figure that," she said.

With the appearance of the guy, recognition struck Amelia.

"I believe we met at Sebastian's New Year's Eve party. I'm Amelia Dawson, his drummer. Your Kade Mathews, lead singer of Hey Farewell, right?" Amelia asked.

"I am. And this is my girlfriend." A proud smile cut across his face at the words. "Lennon Kayhill," Kade said.

Lennon and Amelia shook hands and exchanged pleasant smiles.

"It's nice to meet you, again," she said.

"Same," Amelia said.

She was about to continue her escape but Lennon's comment stopped her.

"Sebastian's latest album was great, congrats," Lennon said.

"Thanks, we're pretty happy about how it turned out. If you'll excuse me." Amelia said, feeling as if the air in the room was growing thin.

Kade and Lennon both nodded. As Amelia moved passed, Lennon slipped her arms around Kade's neck, their attention getting lost in each other's eyes.

"I've always liked the sound of you saying girlfriend," Lennon said.

"Me too," Kade said, leaning in and kissing her.

The couple was lost in the chaos of the green room as Amelia moved towards the exit. Free of the confined space, she drew in a deep breath.

"Aims!"

Sebastian stepped out from behind a group of workers, wearing a new set of clothes. She walked into his embrace, laughing as he lifted her off her feet. Her eyes met his and his smile went crooked as he bent towards her.

He stopped inches away as a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Party time!" Danny said.

Sebastian nodded and walked back towards the green room, the spark in his eye slowly fading. The room exploded into warm greetings as Sebastian stepped inside. He was quickly swallowed by eager and adoring fans, pulling Amelia's and his hands apart. He glanced back once at her and she gave him a sympathetic wave.

The night wore on, and Amelia watched from a distance as tight dressed girl after tight dressed girl approached Sebastian. Arms draped themselves over his shoulders, as heads bent towards his ears, whispering things that made him smile weakly before ducking out from their advances.

Half way through Charlie and Natalie said goodnight. A few minutes later Sebastian took the seat beside Amelia, the mask pulled back for only a brief second revealing a weary look, until someone else called his name. He stood as Kade and Lennon stepped over to him.

"Great performance tonight," Kade said.

"Thanks, I'm glad you both could make it. How's the new album coming?" Sebastian asked, his shoulders relaxing, as he talked.

When they left, Sebastian, settled beside Amelia, his hand reaching for her's like it was the only solid thing around him. She gave him a sympathetic smile.

"How are you doing?" she asked, gently.

"Jet lag is hitting," Sebastian said, with a worn out chuckle.

He studied her face.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm okay." She gave a weak laugh. "It's not really my scene."

"Want me to take you home? You look on the verge of falling asleep right here."

Nodding, Amelia let herself be pulled from the armchair. Sebastian guided her back through the room, and out of the building. The October night air was refreshing. Amelia paused as they stepped out into the open parking lot, staring up. The dim light of the stars winked in and out of sight as gauzy clouds drifted sleepily across the black sky. Sebastian wrapped his arms around Amelia and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're back. I missed you."

"I missed you too, my dear Aims."

They looked at each other, eyes meeting in the darkness, Sebastian's smile went crooked, but before he even move car lights illuminated them. His smile went to disbelieving amusement. Jones pulled the door open for them and they climbed in, settling against each other in the back seat.

***********

The elevator moaned upward, its weary voice echoing the feeling of its two passengers. The empty hallway was a happy welcome when the doors slid open. Amelia unlocked and pushed her door open, but turned back. Sebastian paused in the hallway, giving her a lazy smile.

"You look very tired," Amelia said, leaning against the door frame.

"That's because I am. Aims, before I leave I have one question I want to ask you."

"Oh and what is that?"

He took a step closer, his hand lacing itself into her's.

"Aims, will you go out with me?"

She gave him a teasing smile. "What took you so long?"

Sebastian's smile grew, and so did Amelia's. Before she could stop it, Amelia yawned. With a fond look in his eye, Sebastian leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"Night Aims," he said gently.

He took a step back, letting their hands fall apart, and turned to walk away.

"Bash?"

He looked at her as an embarrassed smile darted across her face, her gaze dropping to the floor. When she looked back at Sebastian, her question sat on her lips, uncertainty locked in her eyes.

"Bash, why me? I mean you have met over a million girls," Amelia said.

Sebastian took two steps forward, cupped her face and kissed her.

A rush of heat raced through Amelia's body. Every nerve set on fire. Sebastian's lips were hesitant, questioning until Amelia moved closer. Her hands rested on his chest and gripped the fabric of his shirt. His kiss became more certain. A weightless feeling washed over her as her pulse quickened. For a long moment she felt lost in the feel of his lips. The feel of his hands as they held her face.

Pulling away, Sebastian smiled down at her, his eyes absorbing every aspect of her face.

"My dear Aims, have you ever thought its because I have met over a million girls, that I know it's you?"

Amelia slid her arms around his neck, her lips meeting his again. Sebastian wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. The feel of his hands on her sent her heart drumming faster. His lips were warm and confident making excited sparks sing in her veins.

Amelia broke away, her forehead resting against his.

"Sebastian Colfax," she said, breathless. "I have the uncertain feeling that I am possibly falling in love with you."

Sebastian raised his head, his eyes locking on her's, his expression full of quiet intensity.

"Amelia Dawson, I know without a doubt that I am very much in love with you."

Dizziness swept over Amelia as the words crashed over her. A wide smile broke over her face and she pulled him in for another kiss. Every inch of her felt alive with the feeling of him, his entire being seeming to melt into her's.

The need for air eventually pulled them apart. For a long moment they stood tangled in each other's arms. Sebastian's arms fell away from her, their hands meeting for a brief moment.

"Night Aims," Sebastian said, their foreheads still touching.

"Night Bash."

He stepped back, their hands slipping apart.

The weightless feeling still coursing through Amelia, she leaned her head on the door frame, her eyes trained his retreating back. Sebastian pushed the call button when Amelia pulled his attention back to her.

"Was it worth waiting five months?" she asked, teasingly.

The door's dinged open and he took a backwards step into the elevator.

"Every second," Sebastian said, the doors closing on his crooked smile.

**********************************************************************

Oh my goodness!!

Lennon and Kade came back! Aims and Bash kissed!! Charlie and Natalie were together!! What a wild chapter! Thoughts?

So when I was writing this, it was for my sister and I knew she wanted them to kiss and that's why I kept having them get interrupted, build the suspense of the moment and all that! I'm so evil!  

Vote, comment, follow, because they kissed so what reason do you have not to do it?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

190K 6.8K 33
I thought I was happy. I thought my life was perfect. I realised how wrong I was when I met her. ~~~ Melody started a new school 3 years ago and sinc...
8.2K 766 53
⚠️⚠️⚠️🚫🚫🚫WARNING: There will be trigger warnings in this story, including but not limited to- drugs, sex, rape, alcohol, abuse, violence and negle...
118 28 24
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
1.7K 352 18
✨️ONC 2023 Shortlisted✨️ 'And I knew then, with an earth-shattering certainty, that everything I'd worked for, strived for, suffered for, had just tu...