The Evolution VS The Humans

Oleh loveHeartReader

My name is Evelyn Matrix, and my objective is to defend my kind from Humans. The Earth is ruled by Humans. On... Lebih Banyak

Prologue ~ Distant Memory~
~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~ Jase's Arrival
~ Chapter 3: The Choosing ~

~Chapter 4: The Ceremony

42 6 6
Oleh loveHeartReader

~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey, guys! The last chapter was a bit of a filler, but this will make up for it! The most important part of the last chapter is, the Rank/Status I will remind you throughout the book, but the proper explanation is in Chapter 3.

Love you all

LoveHeartReader

X

~-----------~

As us girls left the room, we could already hear the boys, practically killing each other. Trying to win one of us girls. They attempt to win one of us to become a fully-fledged Evo. When the guys have finished the competition and have succeeded in winning, one of us girls.

Both the girl and guy, feel very attracted to each other, most people end up marrying their Chosen, because of the strong pull they both feel for each other.

It's a mystery how they are so attracted to each other. But rumours are going around whispering across Jacksonville. They say that it's possible to have a mate, a soul mate, a beloved. People are calling it a Promised. I think people are stupid for believing the lies, going around. There is only a small chance that it's possible because there are Evos who have werewolf and vampire-like abilities.

My Inner voice practically screamed in my head. Could you get any more cheesy?! Yes, I could would you like me to continue? No! Just forget I asked.

As we enter, the dressing room, We all marvelled at the decorated and furnished dressing room. The wall had been painted a mauve-blue, and the floor polished concrete. It has five tables, placed against the walls of the room, each covered with a clean grey cloth. Hanged around the room elemental's firelight have been put around the room in little paper lanterns. The firelight is an elemental's fireball which has had the heat sucked out of it, and it doesn't need any fuel to 'burn' But it still contains the light, forever bright. It can only be put out by the Elemental creator puts it out. Our version of a light bulb that never needs replacing. Moving on, they also have miniature roses in assorted colours. There was everything a girl could ever dream of in make-up supplies, in the centre of the room, accessible to all the girls. The makeup is the main reason why all the girls arrive here today, because of how expensive all the make-up is. It's now five times the price. After looking around the room, I find all the hair accessories and utensils. From straightening to curling.

Chantelle and the Bitch's sidekick Vienna, have already started doing each other's hair. Starting with Chantelle. Because 'Who would dare to go before her?'

Puts hand in air and waves wildly, jumping up and down. Screaming Meeeeee! Okay, that wasn't strange, insane, or off-topic at all. I made my point, however. Yeah.

"Earth to Evie, Evie to earth," Rosa says worried, waving a hand in front of my face.

"I'm here." I smile at her. "Good because I need someone to do my hair that is decent.

Laughing, I sit Rosa in the seat in front of me, while she pulls out a file and starts to do her nails. "Is there anything particular you want me to do, to your hair?" I ask her. "No, not really. I just want my hair up and out of my face." "Your wish is my command," I say dramatically, giving her a wink.

An hour later, I finally finish Rosa's hair. It was a delicate, stylish look, with a few soft wavy curls, loosely falling around her face, with two plaits, for a chic and contemporary look, while being able to place, flowers in her hair. "Finished" Rosa looks up from her, lavender-painted nails, and looks in the mirror.

"Oh.. My.. God. It's perfect!" She practically screamed. Making all the girls turn to us. Giving them an apologetic look, they roll their eyes and return chatting to their friends.

"Okay my nails are dry, and I thankfully haven't smudged them, so I'll do your hair now," Rosa says to me. "Sounds like a plan," I answer, swapping places with her.

Another hour later, my hair is a modern, wavy style with soft curls floating across my face, and at the back of my hair, Rosa puts it in my great-grandmother's hair clip, that she wore to her Ceremony, and that my grandmother wore, my mother wore. And now me. It's a keepsake to our family, and now I'm responsible for its wellbeing. It's a rose clip, The outline of the flower is solid gold, and the inside is rubies. Looking like the rubies are red petals on the rose clip.

"Oh look at you all, you look dazzling." Madame Annabelle walks in and showers us girls with comments on how magnificent and spectacular we are looking. Being smart we slip in our dresses to save ourselves from getting makeup all over them. My dress is a sky blue dress which flows around me, but hugs my body, 'hitting all the right places' as Rosa says, the chest and are a white lace, and has a thin silk belt around my waist. The fabric is silk, which has a sparkly sheen. My shoes are neutral flats, as I don't want to be 6 foot tall, and I couldn't decide which colour shoe I wanted to wear.

Rosa, along with all the other girls went for a pink, purple or red dress. Except for Ava and Harriet. Ava who went for a dress orange on the bottom, and working its way up into a fluorescent green.

I think I saw a bunny nibbling at her dress.

And Harriet, who believed it was classy to wear a walnut brown dress with fluorescent yellow shoes, arm gloves, with a sun hat, all yellow.

So one went as a carrot and the other a banana... Something you don't see every day.

We both go on and apply our makeup. We both went for a natural look, except for a bright red lipstick that Rosa picked out, knocking out the entire natural look. I decided to wear a rebel red colour. Making my lips look fuller and more noticeable.

By the time we are finished, the boys have only a few more fights to go by the look of things. I could tell who had fought and who had not, by who were hot and sweaty, and who still look as fresh as a bean. I look around for Jase, and find him with a big smile on his face, along with Nathan, they were both smiling and laughing together, while all the other boys were watching the fight between James and Mitch.

I wonder what they are up too? Yeah, they both seem like they are enjoying themselves.

Rosa pushes me in the middle of my back and says "Come on Evie, we have to get out of here, what if the boys or even worse Madame Annabel sees us. You know we aren't allowed to be seen by the guys! It's tradition!" Rosa said anxiously. "I guess you are right. We better get home." I sigh. "Let's go." I say while linking arms with Rosa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting at home for what seems like years, waiting for the doorbell to ring. My mum calls me to dinner.

"Steak and veggies. Fresh from the farm. Enjoy you two. Dad and I have to go and get ready for The Ceremony."

"Thanks, Mum." Lachie and I said in unison.

I picked at my food. I don't feel like eating today, must be all the nerves getting to me.

Wait, nerves? I never get nervous, why now!?

"Are you nervous Evs?" Lachie says, breaking the silence.

"What? No, you know I don't get nervous." I reply.

"Come on Evs don't lie I can tell you know." I bow my head. "You know Evs when I had my ceremony. I was the biggest scaredy cat. I got all nervous driving over to Katelyn's house, my grip white on the steering wheel, eyes straight on the road. I swear I was about to shit myself." Lachie snorts.

"But I managed to survive. As soon as Katelyn opened that door, all of the nerves went out the window, and there was just her, in her beautiful mint green dress. God, I was in love with her. But that was before what happened." Lachie says while smiling sadly at the table."Don't worry Lachie you'll find someone better," I reply.

"You have a great soul, Evie. Here I am trying to cheer you up. But no, I failed that and here you are comforting me." I flush slightly, "I'm only trying to help get over Mitzi..." I get interrupted by the doorbell letting out a shrill sound, letting us know that someone was at the door.

"Do you want me to get it?" Lachie offers.

"No I think I'm ready, wish me luck," I say giving him a grin, as a pickup my white clutch, standing up from wooden dining table, pushing my chair in, checking that my dress is in place and everything I need was with me. Opening our big oak door, and I find a tall, broad man, in a royal blue suit standing in front of me, but before I am can get a good look, he disappears. And I find myself standing in front of another man, but he dressed in a black suit and a red tie, I quickly whip my face to his to see who it is.

Ricco Lussier.

The class bad boy. I'm surprised that he isn't wearing a black leather jacket and combat boots. He wears them more than me, which is a marvel in itself because I wear my combat boots like they are glued to my feet.

"Surprized?" His voice seductive and enthralling, he slides his hand into mine, and another around my waist, successfully wrapping me in his embrace. He gently places his chin on my shoulder and whispers into my ear. "You are one of the only things I worked hard for."

"Always the charmer Ricco and Yes I'm very surprised," I say looking into his murky red eyes, searching his face for the magnetic pull that The Promised brings. Feeling nothing, but the same old hate that I feel for him. I give him a death glare that even Mum would be scared of.

"Well, it's time to be surprised yet again because I'm afraid that I have missed my opportunity Because you did not see me first."

Wiggling out of his embrace, I cross my arms and glare at him. "What do you mean 'I didn't see you first' then who am I going with?!" confused I cross I tighten my grip of my white clutch.

"Me." Jase's voice calls out as clear as day. Standing under our red maple tree, where we first met. When I was 9, I climbed the maple tree, and I fell scraping my knee. Jase was playing with his friends, and they all laughed at I saying I was Human and not a real Evo. He was the only one who walked over and asked me if I was all right. I told him the obvious that I fell out of the tree, and I hurt my knee. He helped me walk to the house where he helped put a band-aid on my knee, and we became close friends afterwards. Seeing him under our maple tree makes my heart melt of how we first met, and as soon as I look into his green eyes, I feel that magnetic pull towards him. Making my heart beat faster, and my a longing desire to jump into his arms and kiss him, in a way I would never even dream about. He dressed in his royal blue suit, his hair slightly gelled, but still giving him that ruffled hair look, which suits him so well. His face clean shaven, and he gives me a sly grin on his face, as he walks up to me. He climbs the stairs and stands on my front porch, and he gives me a gentle hug. I breathe him in, and his cologne engulfs my sense of smell. He smells of cedar wood with a warm trail of sage and lemongrass. He smells like home, and I relax comfortably in his arms. "Hey." Jase murmurs, his breath, running down my back.

I look up at him to find him already looking down at me. I look at his light green eyes and see that dark green centre, which sends goosebumps down my spine. His own eyes are piercing into my own electric blue eyes, with a band of gold. "Are you glad I came?" Jase continues. His right-hand holds my cheek, and his thumb runs over my bottom lip, sending a longing up my spine. "Yes..." I say breathlessly. He lowers his head slightly, his golden brown hair, tickling my forehead, and his lips brush against mine, making tingles spread. His hand brings my, face towards his and he presses his lips to mine.

~~~

Hehe

Don't kill me, for ending it here,

Next Chapter will certainly be interesting,

Ship for Jase:

Ship for Ricco?:

(Gasp I have actually edited this!)

All the best,

LoveHeartReader Xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 2275

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

709K 25.4K 37
"Good morning and welcome to the Saints Bank, how may I help you?" "Empty all the money in the bag," "Excuse me?" "Boys now, Everybody get down!" ~...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
197K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...
290 104 23
In the beginning, our universe was dark and cold, with no life. Until the creator of the outerverse, Nova, breathed life into existence, bringing bal...