Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

Av iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... Mer

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel

1.4K 52 20
Av iamourship

I finally awoke after an ear splitting scream. Though I had managed to sleep through all the bickering and explosions, this couldn't be ignored. Within seconds, I sprang to my feet and unzipped the tent. The cool air hit me like a tsunami and goose bumps instantly snaked up my arms. How Elaina and Ash were able to stand such temperatures this early in the morning was beyond me.

The soft grass tickled my feet but it didn't stop the frantic pace of my legs. I remembered the makeshift battlefield the two trainers had set up the night before. They had spent hours on that battlefield, even after nightfall. My guess was they were training there, yet again.

I made my way through the thin layer of trees that separated our campsite from the clearing. My cropped, honey colored hair stuck in clumps to my face. A sweat began to break out above my brow. I knew something terrible must have happened.

Ash glared into the distance. His eyes were narrowed at something, but I couldn't distinguish what it was. Elaina looked on with puzzlement, but there was anger behind her eyes too. Suddenly I heard the chorus of an oddly familiar motto.

"Prepare for trouble."

Oh great.

"And make it double."

Those dumb-minded annoyances are here.

"To protect the world from devastation."

No wonder Ash looks mad.

"To unite all people within our nation."

They must have Pikachu.

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

Now we have to waste our time again.

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

Nothing ever changes.

"Jessie."

Blah, blah, blah

"James."

Blah, blah, blah, blah,

"Team rocket blasts off at the speed of light."

This is getting old.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight."

Like really, really old.

"Meowth, that's right!"

"Wobbuffet!"

I now stood beside Ash and mirrored the look on his face. The trio of Pokemon thieves stood in plain view, a net clutched in Jessie's hand. Inside the net was Pikachu, who thrashed viciously and let out bursts of electricity.

"When are you going to learn? You will never get Pikachu!" I shouted at them, the annoyance evident in my voice.

"That ugly looking Pokemon took Eevee's Pokeball. Who even are they?" Elaina asked, anger starting to bubble more vigorously within her.

"Hey kid! Who you calling ugly?" Meowth said in his irritating voice, but everyone ignored his comment.

"That's team rocket. They are bad guys who like to steal other peoples Pokemon." Ash explained to our confused friend. She nodded, hatred showing more clearly on her features.

"And now we will be going with yours. See you later twerps!" Jessie declared with a smile. Then the three bounced into the trees, Pikachu and Eevee in their possession.

"Pika! Pikachu!" The electric mouse Pokemon's cries could be heard as team rocket boarded their signature hot air balloon.

"Don't worry Pikachu! I'm coming for you!" Ash yelled.

"You too Eevee! I won't let those idiots take you away!" Elaina copied. She began the chase and sprinted after the trio. Ash and I followed close behind her.

The hot air ballon was hovering a few feet off the ground when we arrived. They had Pikachu's net was attached to the side of the basket and it swung with the swelling wind currents. Cackles could be heard from Jessie's lips and Meowth was spinning Eevee's Pokeball on his finger with a smug smile. The sight made my insides knot.

"Give Pikachu back!" I heard my crush yell through the sound of evil laughter.

"Sorry, but I'm going to have to decline." James said. In his fingers was another familiar device, one I often saw used by team rocket. With a mocking wink, the blue haired thief threw the device at us.

"It's a smoke bomb!" I yelped, too stunned to clear out of the way. I watched as it landed by my feet and time almost seemed to slow. Ash perked up at my cry, worry creasing his forehead. Once the realization crossed him, he became alarmed. I watched in horror as he ran at me, shouting things I didn't hear. At least, most things, I didn't hear. All I knew for sure was that he called my name.

"Serena!"

And then the swirling grey clouds encased me. The grotesque taste of bleach prickled my tongue. I closed my eyes and clawed at my throat, trying to rid myself of the vile taste. I was too slow to escape the smoke, so now I was stuck spluttering and falling to my knees. But even in my struggles, one word was able squeeze through my lips.

"Ash? Ash!" My desperate cry for help echoed in my ears. I felt my fingers grasp the grass as I tried to steady my swaying body. It felt like hours before I got a response.

"Serena, I'm here." The soft voice of my crush came from somewhere extremely close by. And I mean, extremely close. Of course, my eyes were closed so I couldn't tell exactly what our proximity was, but I had a rough idea.

"Ash?" I whispered, trying ignore the foul aftertaste of smoke.

"I'm right here, Serena. Everything is going to be okay." He cooed. Suddenly, I felt soft hands cup my face. Every fiber in my body tensed at his touch. I wanted to open my eyes so badly but my fear kept them closed. The gas stung, sending hot tears running down my cheeks. Ash gently brushed them away, tickling my skin in the process. "Everything is alright. You are going to be okay."

I was so caught up in the rapid beat of my heart and thrumming cheers in my head, I hadn't even realized how much time had passed. It could have been hours. The only feeling in my body was his hands on my face. Part of me was glad Ash couldn't see the scarlet color of my cheeks.

"Serena, it's almost over. You can open your eyes now." He whispered, his warm breath fanning my face. My fears drained away. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open. Most of the smoke had dissipated and I could make out the shapes of trees and the skyline. Big, hazel eyes scanned my face and caramel hands held my jaw.

I was entranced in those beautiful, brown eyes. He looked back at me in silence, raven hair falling into his face. I could have stayed there forever and a day, but a sudden call pulled us abruptly apart.

"Hey love birds! A little help up here!" Elaina's voice came from somewhere...above? I instantly pulled away from Ash, embarrassment heating my cheeks due to her comment. My eyes searched the sky until they landed on my friend who had gotten herself in quite a situation.

Elaina dangled dangerously from her grasp on Pikachu's net. Her feet were sprawled in the air as she tried to steady her grip. Her face was twisted in fear and her knuckles were turning white. She was becoming deathly pale to the point where I though she was going to be sick. My heart raced as I watched my friend hanging off an ascending hot air balloon.

"Elaina!" I screeched. Oh my arceus, she's going to get herself killed! Why does she have to be so much like Ash? I'm not sure I can handle two of them.

"I never should have done this!" She screamed to no one in particular.

"What were you thinking?!" I yelled, wanting to know what runs through a persons head when they decide to jump onto a moving hot air balloon!

"Eevee! That's what I was thinking! But now, I'm thinking I have a fear of heights!"

My mind was swimming as I tried to think of a way to get my friend down. She could be so difficult at times, but her safety was my top priority. At least, it was in that moment. Fortunately, Ash was thinking straight and already had a plan.

"Noivern, come out!" He threw the Pokeball and after a flash of light, the giant bat-like Pokemon was standing before us. It spread it's wings proudly, flashing their massive expanse. "I need you to go help Elaina and get Pikachu back." Ash demanded and Noivern gave a simple nod.

Within seconds, Ash's Pokemon was circling the balloon. Team rocket shrieked in surprise, panicking as their plan started to go down hill. Noivern perched on the edge of the basket, swaying the balloon off balance. The bat Pokemon snatched Eevee's Pokeball from Meowth and took off again. Elaina out stretched an arm with slight reluctance.

"Noivern, pass me the Pokeball!" She exclaimed with determination coursing through her. With a steady aim, the bat Pokemon tossed the ball into he air and Elaina swiftly grabbed it before hastily curling back into the safety of the net.

"Now Noivern, free Pikachu!" Ash commanded and his Pokemon answered with a low squawk.

Much to Elaina's horror, the oversized bat aimed a sharp claw at the top of the net. With one swing, it sliced through the ropes and the load started to untangle. A struggled scream escaped the gold haired girl.

I watched, paralyzed, as my friend plummeted towards the ground. Her limbs flopped like a fish out of water. Her gold hair spewed in all directions. And she fell closer, and closer to the ground.

But then, a dark blur swooped underneath her and stopped her descent. I covered my mouth with my hands in astonishment. A breath of relief fell from my lips. Noivern landed softly on the ground with a shaking Elaina clutching it's back. Pikachu had dropped safely into Ash's arms and had a renewed smile on its face.

"Alright buddy, let's send them flying again. Use thunder bolt!" The raven haired boy told his wingman. Pikachu looked passionately into its trainers eyes and nodded eagerly.

"Pika-CHUUUU!" The yellow mouse exclaimed as sparks shot out of its body. They engulfed team rocket's balloon, frying everyone inside. I watched with a smug smile as the balloon decreased in size, traveling further and away. And soon, they were gone from sight.

Thank arceus for that.

My attention was soon averted back to my friend, who only moment ago, was falling to her ultimate doom. She only just seemed to find the courage to get off Noivern's back. I rushed to her, worry evident on my face.

"Elaina, are you okay?" I asked softly. My friend staggered forward. Her legs were wobbling and her face was white like a ghost. She didn't appear capable of walking in a straight line. I sighed and let her collapse onto me. She was still shaking with shock. I laughed half heartedly as she tried to anchor herself with my shoulders.

"Never do that again." I warned.

"Don't worry. I'm not planning to." She replied breathlessly.

What was I supposed to do with her?

*. *. *. *.

Elaina's POV:

The stars twinkled daintily on the black background of the night. I had been watching the stars for a while now. They were, in my opinion, the most fascinating things to cross the sky. They calmed my nerves, and after a day like today, that was exactly what I needed.

Eevee snuggled into my chest, her dark eyes shining with the star's reflections. She studied them with the same intensity as myself. Her pearly fur captured the moonlight in the perfect way, causing me to gape at her. She was the only reason I jumped onto that balloon in the first place. All I could see was her pale face and dark, dark orbs.

"The stars are so beautiful, aren't they?" I asked my Pokemon in a soft tone.

"Eev, Eevee!" She barked but her eyes never left the masterpiece of the night sky. I chuckled to myself. She truly was the most adorable thing to ever step foot on the earths surface.

"We should go to bed now. Serena said she wants to do some performance training with us in the morning. We have to be well rested for that." I told her. She nodded, taking one last glance at the stars. Then, I returned her to her Pokeball and quickly took myself to bed.

Well, that was an interesting day.

_____________________________________________________

Finally able to update! It's felt like ages even though it's only been a few day. Hope you like this chapter. I have big ideas for the next one so look out for that update!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

49.8K 902 26
okay first off this is a sequel to my other book 'mixed feelings - an amourshipping story'so if you hadnt read it i suggest you do before reading thi...
951K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
344K 5.8K 34
What would have happened to Serena and Ash if Serena hadn't watched the News on the day Ash saved Garchomp? After travelling though Kalos without enc...
5.6K 152 17
After conquering the Unova region, Ash Ketchum sets foot in Kalos, known as the 'region of love.' With his loyal partner and friends by his side, he...