Fifty Shades Greener (Laurman...

By dwriter1

Laurmani Fanfic based on Fifty Shades Darker. Sequel to Fifty Shades of Green. Lauren G!P More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

7

11.3K 292 721
By dwriter1

I groan as my body clenches in response. She hasn't even touched me yet. My god.

She grasps the thin straps on my dress, her fingers sliding against my skin, and the touch reverberates through my body.

In one swift move, she slides the straps down my arms and rest of my body, leaving me naked bedsides my thongs. Still holding my dress, she helps me to step out of it, then turns and places it over the back of a chair. Removing her jacket, she places it over my dress and now looking at her I see her bare breasts as she turns to face me. She pauses, and stares at me for a moment, drinking me in. I fidget a bit, both nervous and horny as I revel in her sensuous gaze.

"You know, Normani," she says softly as she struts toward me. "I was so mad when you bought my auction lot. All manner of ideas ran through my head. I had to remind myself that punishment is off the menu. But then you volunteered." She gazes at me through her mask. "Why did you do that?" She whispers.

"Volunteer? I don't know. Frustration... too much alcohol... worthy cause," I mutter, shrugging.

Maybe to get her attention? I knew it would drive her crazy to have me dance with someone else.

I needed her then. I need her more now. The ache is worse, and I know she can soothe it, calm this roaring, salivating beast in me with the beast in her. Her mouth presses into a line, and she slowly licks her upper lip. I want that tongue on me.

She steps even closer to me and before I know it her body is flush against mine as her hands grab around my waist. Our bare breasts are touching, pressed up against eachothers as her hands form around my bottom. "You think I would let some stranger dance with you when you look like this?" She whispers pushing her hips into me and peppering gentle kisses over my neck.

I groan throwing my head back to give her more space. But she stops. She detaches herself from my body and pulls away. I frown, I need you Lauren no teasing now please.

"I vowed to myself I would not spank you again, even if you begged me."

"Please," I beg.

"But then I realized, you're probably very uncomfortable at the moment, and it's not something you're used to." She smirks at me knowingly, arrogant bastard, but I don't care because she's absolutely right.

"Yes," I breathe.

"So, there might be a certain... latitude. If I do this, you must promise me one thing."

"Anything."

"You will safe word if you need to, and I will just make love to you, okay?"

"Yes." I'm panting. I want her hands on me.

She steps closer again this time spinning me and wrapping her arms around the front side of my body. I nearly melt when I feel her breath on my neck. She slides her hands up to grasp both of my breasts and I groan loudly at the first contact. God damnit she's being so teasing.

She begins to slowly tug, pull and massage at my nipples and breasts as her mouth takes over the back of my shoulder. "You've been a bad girl Mani" she husks dangerously into my ear "So that's why I'm going to spank you okay?" Her fingers tease at my nipples as she whispers.

"Yes ma'am"

"Call me daddy tonight baby" she whispers as her hand slides up past my chest to form around my throat.

Jesus Christ.

I moan loudly as her other hand still pleasures my breasts "Y-yes daddy" I breath out.

I feel her smile against my neck before she places one gentle kiss and let's me go. She swallows, then takes my hand, and moves toward the bed. Throwing the blanket aside, she sits down, grabs a pillow, and places it beside her. She gazes up at me standing beside her and suddenly tugs hard on my hand so that I fall across her lap. She shifts slightly so my body is resting on the bed, my chest on the pillow, my face to one side. Leaning over, she sweeps my curls over my shoulder and runs her fingers through the plume of feathers on my mask.

"Put your hands behind your back," she murmurs.

Oh!

She reaches in the drawer by the bed and pulls out something to bind my wrists so that my hands are tied behind me, resting in the small of my back.

"You really want this, Normani?"

I close my eyes. This is the first time since I met her that I really want this. I need it.

"Yes," I whisper.

"Why?" She asks softly as she caresses my behind gently with her palm.

I groan as soon as her hand makes contact with my skin. I'm falling apart right now.

I don't know why... You tell me not to overthink. After a day like today - arguing about the money, Lucy, Mrs. Campbell, the documents she on me, the roadmap on her skin, this lavish party, the masks, the alcohol, the silver balls, the auction... I want this.

"Do I need a reason?"

"No, baby, you don't," she says. "I'm just trying to understand you."

Her left hand curls round my waist, holding me in place as her palm leaves my behind and lands hard, just above the junction of my thighs. It doesn't hurt instead the pain connects directly with the ache in my belly.

Oh my... I moan loudly. She hits me again, in exactly the same place. I groan again trying to run my center up against something, trying to feel something.

"Two. We'll go to twelve. Be still baby" she warns me.

Oh my! This feels different than the last time - so carnal, so... necessary. She caresses my behind with her perfect hands, and I'm helpless, trussed up and pressed into the mattress, at her mercy, and of my own free will.

She hits me again, slightly to the side, and again, to the other side, then pauses as she slowly peels my thongs down and pulls them off.

She gently trails her palm across my behind again before gliding it down further and brushing her fingers gently over my folds. I moan, loudly at the teasing.

"Please, Lauren" I cry.

"You want me to finish so I can can love to you?"

"Y-yes daddy please" I groan "I want you inside of me"

"Well I aim to please, my queen" she husks continuing my spanking - each stinging smack taking the edge off my need - or fueling it - I don't know. I surrender myself to the rhythm of blows, absorbing each one, savoring each one.

"Twelve," she murmurs her voice low and harsh. She caresses my behind again and trails her fingers back down toward my sex and slowly sinks two fingers inside me, moving them in a circle, round and round and round, torturing me.

"Aaaagh" I moan loudly, gripping the sheets as my body takes over and I come, convulsing around her fingers. It's so intense, unexpected, and quick.

"That's right, baby," she murmurs appreciatively. She unties my wrists, keeping her fingers inside me as I lie panting and wasted over her.

"I've not finished with you yet, Normani," she says and shifts without removing her fingers. She eases my knees on to the floor so that now I'm leaning over the bed. She kneels on the floor behind me and undoes her zipper that's on the side of her slacks this time. She slides her fingers out of me and pulls her pants down just enough and I hear the familiar tear of a foil packet. "Open your legs," she growls and I comply. She strokes my behind and eases into me.

"This is going to be quick, baby," she murmurs and grabbing my hips, she eases out then slams into me.

"Ah!" I cry out but the fullness is heavenly.

She's hitting the bellyache square on, again and again, eradicating it with each sharp, sweet thrust. The feeling is mind-blowing, just what I need. I push back to meet her, thrust for thrust. Throwing it back on her.

"Oh f-f-fuck," she grunts, grabbing my hips tighter trying to still me.

But I want her too much, and I grind against her, matching her thrust for thrust. The clapping of our skin hitting eachothers and my loads moans matched by her soft groans take over the room.

"Mani, shit," she hisses as she comes, and the tortured sound sets me off again, spiraling into a healing orgasm that goes on and on and wrings me out and leaves me spent and breathless.

Lauren bends and kisses my shoulder, two soft wet kisses then pulls out of me. Placing her arms around me, she rests her head in the middle of my back, and we lie like this, both kneeling at the bedside, for what? Seconds? Minutes even as our breathing calms. My bellyache has disappeared, and all I feel is a soothing, satisfying serenity.

Lauren stirs and kisses my back. "I believe you owe me a dance, Miss Hamilton," she murmurs.

"Hmm, if I'm not mistaking a million dollar dance." I respond, savoring the absence of achiness and basking in the afterglow. "I don't know if I'll live up to that"

"Trust me, being with you is worth any amount of money" She sits back on her heels and pulls me off the bed onto her lap. "We don't have long." She says but doesn't move, just holding her arms around me.

"Well let's go" I giggle turning my head to face her, but because of how close her head is resting on my shoulder our cheeks just touch.

She groans and squeezes me tighter before kissing my neck and then my cheek gently "I don't want to"

"Why?" I giggle leaning my head back to rest on her shoulder, the trick is I just want her to kiss my neck more. Which she does gently as I speak "If I paid a million for a dance.. which I wouldn't, very ridiculous by the way... I'd definitely dance, all night long"

"But..." she pouts on to my neck.

"But what?"

"I really enjoy holding you Mani" she speaks and I can tell she means it, but she sounds pained.

I lift and turn to her staring deeply into her pained, green eyes through her mask "It's okay to feel that way Lauren" I timidly reach my hands up to cup her face and pull her lips into me "I really enjoy when you hold me"

Her lips quirk into a twisted smile as I bite my bottom lip eyeing the beauty in front of me. I let out a deep sigh "When you put your arms around me it just feels like the safest places I've ever known"

"Good baby, let me protect you" this time its her who initiates the kiss, forcing her rough lips on mine and I melt as our lips lock. "Let's go" she whispers pulling away and forces me to stand.

I grumble but sit back down on the bed and collect my panties from the floor and scoop them on. Lazily I walk to the chair to retrieve my dress. I note with interest that I did not remove my red bottoms during our sexual encounter.

I glance at her as she buttons her suit jacket with one hand and fixing her necklace with the other. "Only you, Jauregui, can get me out of a 5,000$ Versace dress in the middle of a party that's for charity, in your parents home"

Lauren smirks at me as she begins to straighten up the bed "Hopefully it's only me that can get you out of a dress period, Versace or not"

"Of course" I grin at her slipping my dress back on.

I glance at Lauren's photographs on the pin board after I have the straps over my shoulders. Lauren as a teen was gorgeous even then. Wow. Her hair was much, much longer back then. Flowing down her back, it was lighter as well.

There's pictures with Camila and Henry on the ski slopes; on her own in Paris, the Arc de Triomphe as the background; in London; New York; the Grand Canyon; Sydney Opera House; even the Great Wall of China. God damn, Master Jauregui was well traveled at a young age.

There are ticket stubs to various concerts: U2, The 1975, Lana Del Ray,  the New York Philharmonic performing Romeo and Juliet - what a mix! I could only imagine to see Lauren having fun, carefree at a convert. Singing along, laughing and brushing her fingers through her hair as she bops to the music.

I look some more and in the corner, there's a passport-size photograph of a young woman. It's in black and white. She looks familiar, but for the life of me, I can't place her.

"Who's this?" I ask.

"No one of consequence," she mutters as she fixes herself.

"Then why is she on your pin board?"

"An oversight on my part. How do I look?" She smiles like a small school girl, and I grin and reach to smooth out her jacket for her.

"You look beautiful" I admit.

She smiles softly and wraps her arm around my face as her other reaches up to play with one of my curls "And you look like royalty, I'm honored"

"Oh please" I huff with a giggle "You're the one who's royalty 'Miss filled with a room full of hundreds of rich people and I'm still the richest'"

As I respond with a laugh I realize that neither on of us know how to take compliments from eachother, this could go on all day.

She chuckles lightly and brushes her hand through her hair. I reach with my pointer finger to use my nail to bring her part back, fixing it. "Stop messing up your hair" I speak still fixing it "There, now it's perfect"

"Like you," she murmurs and grabs me, kissing me passionately. "Feeling better?"

"Much, thank you, Miss Jauregui."

"The pleasure was all mine, Miss Hamilton."

//

The guests are assembling on the dance floor. Lauren grins at me - we've made it just in time - and she leads me onto the marble floor. We find a spot between the other couples, right in the middle under the humongous chandelier.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the first dance. Mr. and Dr. Jauregui, are you ready?" Mike nods in agreement, his arms around Clara.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the First Dance Auction, are you ready?" We all nod in agreement.

"Then we shall begin." He  strolls onto the stage amid warm applause, turns to the band behind him and snaps his fingers. The familiar strains of "Versace on the floor" by Bruno mars fill the air.

Lauren and I quickly glance at eachother in shock and I tuck my lips to stifle a giggle.

She leans into my ear "A very fitting song" she whispers and my eyes roll back into my head as everyone else on the floor disappears and it's just us two.

"Sing to me" I whisper back as Bruno sings the first line.

She leans back and gazes at me. She looks as if she's contemplating for a second but once I pout she gives in. She smirks and I just know she's going to give me a show.

"There's no place I'd rather be in this world. You're eyes are where I'm lost in" she sings swaying us slowly with one hand around my waist and the other gripping my chin.

"Underneath the chandelier, were dancing all alone" she sings with a grin on her face and hints for me to look upwards and I giggle staring up at the chandelier "There's no reason to hide what we're feeling in side, right nooow"

"So baby let's just turn down the lights, and close the door" she sings grabbing my hand and holding our arms up in the air as she spins me so that her my back is against her front "ooooooh I love that dress but you won't need it anymore" as she sings she dips down and her hands sensually glides up my the sides of my dress as she comes back up.

"No you won't needn't no more" She sings spinning me back around by my waist "Let's just kiss till we're naked baby"

"Versace on the floor" as the beat drops she slides back away from me and does this adorable old white man two step to the beat, snapping her fingers. "Oooooh take it off for me, for me, for me, now girl"

Wow, my baby actually has a little rhythm.

"Oh my" I giggle, blushing and covering my mouth.

"Versace on the floor. Ooh oooooh take it off for me, for me, for me, for me now girl" As she sings this time I take my strap pulling it down over my shoulder as I dip it, with my lip between my teeth teasing her.

She struts back close to be and wraps her arms around my waist "I unzip the back to watch it fall. While I kiss your neck and shoulders." Her lovely voice sings into my neck as her hands slide up from my waist, her fingers guiding slowly up my spine.

Woooo.

I glance around as she sings and we have the attention of absolutely everyone. Even the couples that are supposed to be dancing. They are just watching us in awe as Lauren sings to me and sways with me in her arms.

She spins me so that my back is against her front again, grinding her self into me as I relax my head over her shoulder letting go. "You sure know how to demand a room" I speak.

"No baby, they're all watching you" she kisses my neck "Versace on the floor. Ooh oooooh, take it off for me, for me, for me, for me now girl"

'Dance' Bruno mars says and just in time the dance break starts and the nice beat along with the roaring guitars allow Lauren and I to bop and dip to the music as we grind into eachother to the beat.

"You can actually dance a little" I giggle after she spins me around so threat we're grinding front ways.

"I'm a woman of many trades Mani" she grins as her hands slide to cup my ass. I gasp and flush a little because little every one is watching "When I point to you, you sing it's warming up. Ready?" She speaks smiling like a school girl as I grind into her, gripping her neck.

I nod with a smile probably far bigger than her and she steps back a little and points to me "It's warming up" I sing swaying my hips.

And she responds "Can you feel it?" Before pointing again.

"It's warming up"

"Can you feel it?"

"It's warming up"

"Can you feel it baby?"

"It's warming u-"

As I sing the last one her amazing voice cuts me of "Ohhh oh ohh, seems like you're ready for more, more, more, let's just kiss till we're naked baby. Versace on the flooor. Hey, baby! Talent off for me, for me, for me, for me now girl"

The people around us erupt in applause and I stand there watching her in awe. My god she can sing. I knew she could before, but she's never sung for me like this. And I'm just about ready to drop this Versace dress right in the middle of this floor.

"Versace on the floor. Oh, take it off for me, for me, for me, now girl" the veins that are showing in her neck as she sings with so much passion are sending me over the edge and I'm sure my underwear are more ruined than they were before.

She grabs my hand as I grin at her still in shock and pulls me in with her arms around me "Versace on the floor... Floor... Floor" after the song ends she kisses my neck gently before pulling away and grabbing my hand so that we both bow for our audience and still they are roaring with applause.

Lauren turns and hold me again and I can't help the stupid smile over my face. "That was... wow" I giggle "it was me that should have paid the million for that dance. Wow, you have me blushing and what not" I shake my head.

She grins and takes my chin pulling me into her lips. God damnit Lauren, I'm so in love with you.

"Who taught you to dance so well?"

She laughs dipping her head into my shoulder for a second before lifting it "All I was trying to do was keep up with you, baby"

"Well you did well" I giggle.

After a few moments the next song comes on and it's a song that's much older now "I've got you under my skin" Frank Sinatra.

Lauren glances at me as we begin to sway again. We're both grinning at eachother like idiots. "I love this song" she whispers "and yes, it's another fitting song for us" she's no longer grinning but serious.

"You're under my skin, too," I respond. "Or you were in your bedroom."

She purses her lips but she's unable to hide her amusement.

"Miss Hamilton," she admonishes me teasingly, "I had no idea you could be so vulgar and crude."

"Miss Jauregui , neither did I. I think it's all my recent experiences. They've been an education."

"For both of us." Lauren is serious again, and it could just be the two of us and the band. Again we are in our own private bubble as everyone else disappears.

The song ends and and just in time a woman dressed in a red satin dress with red lipstick approaches us. Her long brown hair, slightly wavy flowing down her back.

I panicked a little thinking it might be Lucy until she steps closer and I recognize her. Dr. Gomez.

She smiles sweetly at us "May I cut in?" She asks.

I assume she's talking about dancing with Lauren so I step back. "No, Normani I would like to dance with you"

I glance at Lauren and she grudgingly gives me a nod, but she's amused too. "Be my guest" Lauren smirks at me and wanders off to one side of the dance floor.

"How are you Normani?" She smiles at me.

"Hello" I stutter, confused as to why she wanted a dance with me.

She's knows everything about Lauren and I want to ask her it all. What do I say to her? Why is Lauren so fucked up?

"Are you enjoying yourself?" She asks as we sway.

"I was," I whisper.

"Oh. I hope I'm not responsible for your change of heart. She gives me a brief, warm smile that puts me a little more at ease.

"Doctor Gomez, you're the shrink. You tell me."

She grins. "That's the problem, isn't it? The shrink part?"

I giggle. "I'm worried what I might reveal, so I'm a little self-conscious and intimidated. And honestly really I only want to ask you about Lauren."

She smiles. "First, this is a party so I'm not on duty," she whispers conspiratorially. "And second, I really can't talk to you about Lauren. Besides," she teases, "we'd need until Christmas."

I gasp in shock.

"That's a doctor's joke, Normani."

I flush, embarrassed, and then feel slightly resentful. She's making a joke at Lauren's expense. "You've just confirmed what I've been saying to Lauren... that you're an expensive fraud," I admonish her. "We talk about you a lot by the way"

"And her and I talk about you a lot Normani" she responds.

"Why?"

"The circumstances I guess. You with her, her with you"

"You don't give much away, do you?" I question.

"There's not much to give away. I'm really a very dull person."

"That's very self-deprecating."

"One of my best traits."

"Oh."

"And I could accuse you of the same, Normani."

"That I'm a dull person, too, Dr. Gomez?"

She snorts. "No, Normani, that you don't give much away."

"There's not much to give away." I smile.

"I sincerely doubt that." She unexpectedly frowns.

I flush, but the music finishes and Lauren is once more by my side. Dr. Gomez releases me. "It's been a pleasure to talk to you again, Normani." She gives me her warm smile again, and I feel that I've passed some kind of hidden test.

"Selena" Lauren nods at her.

"Lauren" Dr. Gomez returns her nod, turns on her heel, and disappears through the crowd.

Lauren pulls me into her arms for the next dance.

"She's terribly indiscreet." I mutter to her.

Lauren cocks her head to one side. "Indiscreet?"

"Oh yes, she told me everything," I tease.

Lauren tenses. "Well, in that case, I'll get your bag. I'm sure you want nothing more to do with me," she says softly.

I stop. "She didn't tell me anything!" My voice fills with panic.

Lauren blinks before relief floods her face. She pulls me into her arms again. "Then let's enjoy this dance." She beams at me, reassuring me, then spins me round.

Why would she think that I'd want to leave? It makes no sense.

We dance for two more songs, and I realize I need the restroom.

"I won't be long." I speak to her after telling her where I'm going.

As I make my way to the bathroom, I remember I have left my purse on the dinner table, so I head down to the other room. When I enter, it's still lit but quite empty, except for a couple at the other end, who really should get a damn room! I reach for my bag.

"Normani?"

A soft voice startles me, and I turn to see a woman dressed in a long, tight, black velvet gown. Her mask is unique. It covers her face to her nose but also covers her hair. It's stunning with elaborate gold filigree.

"I'm so glad you're on your own," she says softly. "I've been wanting to talk to you all evening."

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you are."

She pulls the mask from her face and releases her bangs and her sculpted perfect face.

Shit! It's Mrs. Campbell.

"I'm sorry, I startled you."

I gape at her. Holy shit - what the fuck does this bitch want?

I don't know what the social conventions are for meeting known molesters of children.

She's smiling sweetly and gesturing for me to sit at the table. And because I am lacking any sphere of reference, I do as she asks out of stunned politeness, grateful that I am still wearing my mask.

"I'll be brief, Normani. I know what you think of me... Lauren's told me."

I gaze at her impassively, giving nothing away, but I'm pleased that she knows. It saves me telling her, and she's cutting to the chase. Part of me is beyond intrigued as to what she could have to say.

She pauses, glancing over my shoulder. "Tony's watching us."

I peek around to see him scanning the tent by the doorway. Sawyer is with him. They are looking anywhere but at us.

"Look, we don't have long," she says hurriedly. "It must be obvious to you that Lauren is in love with you. I have never seen her like this, ever." She emphasizes the last word.

What? Loves me? No. Why is she telling me? To reassure me? I don't understand.

"She won't tell you because she probably doesn't realize it herself, notwithstanding what I've said to her, but that's Lauren. She's not very attuned to any positive feelings and emotions she may have. She dwells far too much on the negative. But then you've probably worked that out for yourself. She doesn't think she's worthy. It's just how she is."

I am reeling. Lauren loves me? She hasn't said it, even though I've told her at least five times now and each time I've said t with no response it hurt a little more.

And this woman has told Lauren that's how she feels? How bizarre.

A hundred images dance through my head: the iPad, the gliding, flying to see me, all her actions, her possessiveness, one million dollars for a dance. Is this love?

And hearing it from this woman, having her confirm it for me is, frankly, unwelcome.

I'd rather hear it from her.

My heart constricts. She feels unworthy? Why?

"I've never seen her so happy, and it's obvious that you have feelings for her, too." A brief smile flits across her lips. "That's great, and I wish you both the best of everything. But what I wanted to say is if you hurt her again, I will find you, Normani, and it won't be pleasant when I do. So watch yourself."

She stares at me, brown eyes boring into my skull, trying to get under my mask.

I've been trying to hold her in. But bitch she's here. My inner Mani is kicking off her heels getting ready to lung at that bitch.

Her threat is so astonishing, so off the wall that an involuntary, disbelieving laugh escapes me. Of all the things she could say to me, this is the least expected.

"You think this is funny, Normani?" she splutters in dismay, in her probably fake ass accent. "You didn't see her last Saturday."

My face falls and darkens. The thought of Lauren unhappy is sickening, and last Saturday I left her. She must have gone to her. The idea makes me queasy. Why am I sitting here listening to this shit from her of all people?

I slowly rise with my hands flat on the table, gazing at her intently with a scowl over my face.

"Listen Bitch, I'm laughing at your audacity. Lauren and I have nothing to do with you. And if I do leave her and you come looking for me, I'll be waiting don't doubt it. And maybe I'll give you a taste of your own medicine on behalf of the fifteen-year-old child you molested and probably fucked-up even more than she already was."

Her mouth falls open.

"Excuse you" She scoffs.

"Yes, excuse me. I have better things to do than waste my time with old hags. As Lauren has told me plenty of times, you're in the past. Goodbye"

I turn on my heel, adrenaline and anger coursing through my body, and storm toward the entrance of the tent where Tony is standing just as Lauren arrives, looking flustered and worried.

"There you are" she mutters relieved and then frowns when she sees Naomi.

"Lauren" Naomi calls her and Lauren just stands there shocked.

I stride past her, saying nothing, giving her the opportunity to choose - her or me.

She makes the right choice.

"Mani," she calls. I stop and face her as she catches up with me. "What's wrong?" She gazes at me, concern etched on her face.

"Why don't you ask your ex?" I hiss acidly.

Her mouth twists and her eyes frost. "I'm asking you," she says, her voice soft but with an undertone of something far more menacing.

We glare at each other.

Okay, I can see this will end in a fight if I don't tell her.

"She's threatening to come after me if I hurt you again - probably with a whip," I snap at her.

Relief flashes across her face, her mouth softening with humor. "Surely the irony of that isn't lost on you?" She says, and I can tell she's trying hard to stifle her amusement.

"This isn't funny, Lauren! You know I can't stand that bitch. You know I cant." I yell "And first you bring me to that stupid fucking salon and now here when she's here. What kind of game are you playing?!"

"No, you're right. I'll talk to her." She adopts her serious face, though she's still suppressing her amusement.

"No the fuck you will not." I fold my arms, my anger spiking again.

She blinks at me, surprised by my outburst.

"Look, I know you're tied up with her financially, forgive the pun, but - " I start to say but I stop.

What am I asking her to do? Give her up? Stop seeing her? Can I do that?

"I need the restroom." I mutter glaring at her, my mouth set in a grim line.

She sighs and cocks her head to one side. Fuck could she look any hotter? Is it the mask or just her?

Maybe it's the fact that she doesn't have a shirt in under her jacket. Mmmm.

Fuck! Normani stop it with your horny thoughts.

"Please don't be mad. I didn't know she was here. She said she wasn't coming." Her tone is placating as if she's talking to a child. Reaching up she runs her thumb along my pouting bottom lip. "Don't let Naomi ruin our evening, please, Normani. We've had so much fun. She's really old news."

Old being the operative word, I think uncharitably, as she tips my chin up and gently grazes her lips against mine. I sigh in agreement, blinking at her. She straightens and takes my elbow.

"I'll accompany you to the bathroom so you don't get interrupted again."

She leads me across the hall toward the lawn temporary restrooms. Henry said they had been delivered for the occasion, but I had no idea they came in deluxe versions.

"I'll wait here for you, baby," she murmurs, since it only fits in person.

When I come out, my mood has moderated. I have decided not to let Mrs. Campbell ruin my evening because that's probably what she wants. Lauren is on the phone some distance away and out of earshot of the few people laughing and chatting nearby. As I get closer, I can hear her. She's very tense.

"Why did you change your mind? I thought we'd agreed. Well, leave her alone... This is the first regular relationship I've ever had. She means so fucking much to me and I don't want you jeopardizing it through some misplaced concern for me. Leave. Her. Alone. I mean it, Naomi." She pauses, listening.

"No, of course not." She frowns deeply as she says this. Glancing up, she sees me regarding her. "I have to go. Goodnight." She presses the end button.

I cock my head to one side and raise an eyebrow at her. Why is she phoning her?

"How's the old news?"

"Cranky," she replies sardonically. "Do you want to dance some more? Or would you like to go?" She glances at her watch. "The fireworks start in five minutes."

"I love fireworks."

"We'll stay and watch them, then." She puts her arms around me and pulls me close. "Im sorry that happened. Don't let her come between us, please."

"She cares about you," I mutter.

"Yes, and I her... as a friend."

"I think it's more than a friendship to her."

Her perfect brow furrows. "Normani, Naomi and I... it's complicated. We have a shared history. But it is just that, history. As I've said to you time and time again, she's a good friend. That's all. Please, forget about her." She kisses my hair, and in the interest of not ruining our evening, I let it go. I am just trying to understand.

When we wander hand in hand back to the dance floor. The band is still in full swing.

"Normani."

I turn to find Mike standing behind us.

"I wondered if you'd do me the honor of the next dance." Mike holds his hand out to me.

Lauren shrugs and smiles, releasing my hand, and I let Mike lead me onto the dance floor. Sam the bandleader launches into "Come Fly with Me," and Mike puts his arm around my waist and gently whirls me into his arms.

Wow I love this family. I feel like a princess.

"I wanted to thank you for the generous contribution to our charity, Normani."

From his tone, I suspect this is his roundabout way of asking whether I can afford it.

"Mr. Jauregui - "

"Call me Mike, please, Mani."

"I'm delighted to be able to contribute. I unexpectedly came into some money. I don't need it. And it's such a worthy cause."

He smiles down at me, and I seize the opportunity for some innocent inquiries. "Lauren told me a little about her past, so I think it's appropriate to support your work," I add, hoping that this might encourage Mike to give me a small insight into the mystery that is his daughter.

Mike is surprised. "Did she? That's unusual. You certainly have had a very positive effect on her, Normani. I don't think I've ever seen her so, so... buoyant... so happy. And I personally had no idea she could sing so well. You're wonderful for her."

I flush.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"Well, in my limited experience, she's a very unusual woman but special woman," I murmur.

"She is," Mike agrees quietly.

"Lauren's early childhood sounds hideously traumatic, from what she's told me."

Mike frowns, and I worry if I've overstepped the mark.

"When my wife brought her in from her sister, Sinu, she was skin and bones, and badly dehydrated. She wouldn't speak." Mike frowns again, lost in the awful memory, despite the music surrounding us. "In fact, she didn't speak for nearly two years. It was playing the piano that eventually brought her out of herself. Oh, and Mila helped a lot they always got along. Much more than her and Henry. Henry loves her dearly, I just think she always thought he got the most attention. Lauren, she's something else" He smiles down at me fondly.

"She plays beautifully. And she's accomplished so much, you must be very proud of her." I sound distracted. How is that the only thing I respond to after all he just told me. Holy Shit. Didn't speak for two years.

"Immensely so. She's a very determined, very capable, very bright young woman. But between you and me, Normani, it's seeing her like she is this evening - carefree, acting her age - that's the real thrill for her mother and me. We were both commenting on it today. I believe we have you to thank for that."

I blush. What am I supposed to say to this?

"She's always been such a loner. We never thought we'd see herbwith anyone. Whatever you're doing, please... please don't stop. We'd like to see her happy." He stops suddenly as if he's overstepped the mark. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable."

I shake my head. "I'd like to see her happy, too," I mutter, unsure of what else to say.

"Well, I'm very glad you came this evening. It's been a real pleasure seeing the two of you together."

As the final strains of "Come Fly with Me" fade away, Mike releases me and bows, and I curtsey, mirroring his civility.

"That's enough dancing with old chubby men." Lauren is at my side again. Mike laughs.

"This old chubby man still has moves." Mike winks at me playfully and saunters into the crowd.

"I think my dad likes you," Lauren mutters as she watches her father mingle with the crowd..

"What's not to like?" I smirk at her.

"Good point well made, Miss Hamilton." She pulls me into an embrace as the band starts to play "We belong together."

"Dance with me," she whispers seductively.

"With pleasure, Miss Jauregui." I smile in response, and she sweeps me across the dance floor once more.

At midnight, we stroll down toward the shore between the marquee and the boathouse where the other partygoers are gathered to watch the fireworks. The announcer has permitted the removal of masks, the better to see the display.

Lauren has her arm around me, but I'm aware that Tony and Sawyer are close by, probably because we're in the crowd now. They are looking anywhere but at the dockside where two pyrotechnicians dressed in black are making their final preparations. Seeing Tony hovering us reminds me of Lucy.

What if she's here. Shit. I wouldn't put it past, this night has already been full of surprises. The thought chills my blood, and I huddle closer to Lauren. She gazes over at me as she pulls me closer.

"You okay, baby? Cold?"

"I'm fine." I glance quickly behind us and see the other two security guys, whose names I forget, standing close by. Moving me in front of her, Lauren puts both her arms around me over my shoulders.

Suddenly, a stirring soundtrack booms over the dock and two rockets soar into the air, exploding with a bang over the bay. My jaw drops as several more rockets fire into the air and explode in a wide range of colors.

I can't recall ever seeing a fire works this impressive, except perhaps on television, and it never looks this good on TV. They're all in time to the music. Bang after bang, and light after light as the crowd answers with gasps and ooohs and ahhs. It is out of this world.

Lauren gazes at me with her school girl smile and I smile back, laying my head on her shoulder. She squeezes me tighter as she pecks my forehead and I feel at home.

After a few moments the last of the  fireworks are set off and I hear Lauren whipper against my hair "Mani, baby" she says as her hand slides down to cup my ass, startling me.

"Jeez Lauren" I gasp lifting my head. "What is it?" I question with a giggle moving her hand back up to my back.

"Kiss me" she whispers.

I smile softly and push my lips into hers and this time I allow her hand to slide back down. This time she doesn't squeeze she just read her hand there. She loves my ass so much.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the announcer calls out, cutting our kiss short as the cheers and whistles fade. "Just one note to add at the end of this wonderful evening; your generosity has raised a total of two million, seven hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars!"

Spontaneous applause erupts again, and out on the pontoon, a message lights up in silver streams of sparks forming the words Thank You From Coping Together, sparkling and shimmering over the water.

"Lauren... that was wonderful." I grin at her and she leans in to kiss me again.

"Time to go home" she murmurs, a broad smile on her beautiful face, and her words hold so much promise.

Suddenly, I feel very tired.

She glances over again, and Tony  is close, the crowd dispersing around us. They don't speak but something passes between them.

"Stay with me a moment. Tony wants us to wait while the crowd disperses."

Oh.

"I think that firework display probably aged him a hundred years," she adds.

"Doesn't he like fireworks?"

Lauren gazes at me fondly and shakes her head but doesn't elaborate.

"So, Aspen," she says, and I know she's trying to distract me from something. It works.

"Oh... I haven't paid for my bid," I gasp.

"You can send a check. I have the address."

"You were really mad."

"Yes, I was."

I grin. "I blame you and your toys."

"You were quite overcome, Miss Hamilton. A most satisfactory outcome if I recall." She smiles. "Incidentally, where are they?"

"The silver balls? In my bag."

"I'd like them back." She smirks at me. "They are far too potent a device to be left in your innocent hands."

"Worried I might be quite overcome again, maybe with somebody else?"

Her eyes glitter dangerously. "I hope that's not going to happen," she says, a cool edge to her voice. "But no, Mani. I want all your pleasure."

Whoa. "Don't you trust me?"

"Implicitly. Now, can I have them back?"

"I'll think about it."

She narrows her eyes at me.

There's music once more from the dance floor but it's a DJ playing a much faster song, the bass pounding out a relentless beat.

"Do you want to dance?"

"I'm really tired, Lauren. I'd like to go, if that's okay."

Is she stalling me or something?

Lauren glances at Tony, who nods, and we set off toward the house, following a couple of drunken guests. I'm grateful when Lauren takes my hand - my feet are aching from these damn stilettos.

Henry comes up to us. "You're not going, are you? The real music's just beginning. Come on, Mani." he grabs my hand.

"Henry," Lauren speaks harshly. "Normani's  tired. We're going home. Besides, we have a big day tomorrow."

We do?

Henry frowns but surprisingly he doesn't push Lauren like he always does. "See you next time, mujer guapa" he grabs my hand and kisses the back of it and even though I have no idea what his fine ass called me I give him a smile and a nod.

"See you Little sis" he smiles at Lauren who just gives him a nod. With that he leaves, returning to being the life of the party. Honestly he's the most polite and sweet man why does he get on Lauren's nerves so bad.

"What did he call me?" I giggle.

Lauren rolls her eyes slightly "Pretty woman. We'll say goodnight to my parents before we leave. Come." Lauren leads me through a bunch of guests to Clara and Mike, who wish us fond and warm farewells.

"Please do come again, Normani, it's been lovely having you here," says Clara kindly. "You're such a special young woman. Thank you for keeping our baby happy"

I am a little overwhelmed by both her and Mikes reaction.

Quietly, Lauren and I walk hand in hand to the front of the house where countless cars are lined up and waiting to collect guests. I glance over at Fifty. She looks happy and relaxed. It's a real pleasure to see her this way, though I suspect it's unusual after such an extraordinary day.

"Are you warm enough?" She asks.

"Yes, thank you."

"I really enjoyed this evening, Normani. Thank you."

"Me too, some parts more than others." I grin.

She grins and nods, then her  brow creases. "Don't bite your lip," she warns in a way that makes my blood sing.

"What did you mean about a big day tomorrow?" I ask to distract myself.

"Dr. Gomez is coming to sort you out. Plus, I have a surprise for you."

"Dr. Gomez!" I halt.

"Yes. She didn't tell you while you two where waltzing?"

"Why?"

"Because I hate condoms," she says quietly. Her eyes lock on to me, gauging my reaction.

"It's my body," I mutter, annoyed that she hasn't asked me.

"It's mine, too," she whispers.

I gaze at her as various guests pass by, ignoring us. Yes, my body is hers... she knows it better than I do.

I reach up, and she flinches ever so slightly but stays still. I reach for her button on her jacket start to play with it with my fingers "This looks so sexy on you" I tell her "You look hot when you dress like this"

Actually she looks hot all the time, but really got in this.

She smirks at me "I need to get you home. Come"

At the car, Sawyer hands Lauren an envelope. She frowns at it and glances at me as Tony ushers me into the car. Tony looks relieved for some reason. Lauren climbs in and hands me the envelope, unopened, as Tony and Sawyer take their seats in the front.

"It's addressed to you. One of the staff gave it to Sawyer. No doubt from yet another person person who has found interest in you" her mouth twists. It's obvious this is an unpleasant concept to her.

I stare at the note. Who is this from? Ripping it open, I read it quickly in the dim light.

Holy shit, it's from her! Why won't she leave me alone?

Fuck, she's signed it Mrs. Campbell! Lauren told her. The bastard.

"You told her?"

"Told who, what?"

"That I call her Mrs. Campbell," I snap.

"It's from Naomi?" Lauren is shocked. "This is ridiculous," she grumbles, running a hand through her hair, and I can tell she's irritated. "I'll deal with her tomorrow. Or Monday," she mutters bitterly.

And though I'm ashamed to admit it, a very small part of me is pleased. My inner Mani nods happily. Naomi is pissing her off, and this can only be good - surely. I decide to say nothing for now but stash her note in my bag, and in a gesture guaranteed to lighten Lauren's mood, I hand her back the balls.

"Until next time," I murmur.

She glances at me, and it's hard to see her face in the dark, but I think she's smirking. She reaches for my hand and squeezes it.

I gaze out of the window into the darkness, reflecting on this long day. I've learned so much about her, so many missing details - the salons, the road map, her childhood - but there's still so much more to discover. And what about Mrs. C? Yes, she cares for her, and deeply, it would appear. I can see that, and Lauren cares for her - but not in the same way. I don't know what to think anymore. All this information is making my head hurt.

Lauren wakes me up as we pull up outside her home "Do you need to be carried in?"

I shake my head sleepily. No way.

As we stand in the elevator, I lean against her, putting my head against her shoulder.

Sawyer stands in front of us, shifting uncomfortably.

"It's been a long day, eh, Normani?"

I nod.

"Tired?"

I nod.

"You're not very talkative."

I nod and she grins.

"Come baby. I'll put you to bed." She takes my hand as we exit the elevator, but we stop in the foyer when Sawyer holds up his hand. In that split second, I am instantly wide awake.

Sawyer talks into his sleeve. I had no idea that he was wearing a radio.

"Will do, T," he says and turns to face us. "Miss Jauregui the tires on Miss Hamiltons car have been slashed, paint thrown all over it, and the windows shattered"

A/N:
This is what they have on.

Y'all my girls came to fucking slay with that performance. Those outfits, the dance moves wooooo. We will be blessed this era.

By the way it should be illegal for Normani and Lauren to wear those outfits they looked way too good.

Read and comment please😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 4.2K 67
SECOND BOOK OF THE INSTAGRAM SERIES @camila_cabello followed @laurenjauregui ( again )
59.3K 1.9K 12
Normani is one crazy bitch.
40.6K 1.1K 32
I'm making a Laurmani Instagram story because i didn't see one to read. Lauren and Normani have never met before and they both audition for x-factor...
70.9K 2.3K 43
"I will die a little every day, watching you love someone else." Laurinah Fanfic