Away From Us

By cupcake2603

You know that specific horrific feeling, that you suddenly get when something rather awful occurs in your lif... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: Pancakes on Sundays.
Chapter 02: A Dream?
Chapter 03: A New Beginning.
Chapter 04: A New Home.
Chapter 05: Bobby The Snake
Chapter 06: I Forgot My Birthday
Chapter 07: His Blue Eyes
Chapter 08: "Your Cousin?"
Chapter 09: What A Nice Way to Start School With.
Chapter 10: "I Know Your Secret."
Chapter 11: "Its Axel."
Chapter 12: Alex's Angry Face
Chapter 13: "You're selfish Myrna."
Chapter 14: He was Getting Closer, They were Drifting Away.
Chapter 15: Elliot's POV: "She looks so much like her."
Chapter 16: I'm In Love With Him
Chapter 17: My First Kiss
Chapter 18: Thats How It Feels?
Chapter 19: Is It a Mafia Gang?
Chapter 20: "Why did you come here Myrna?"
Chapter 21: It was A Mistake
Chapter 22: Aria's Crush
Chapter 23: Overprotective Brothers
Chapter 24: Homecoming?
Chapter 25: Panic Attacks, and Almost Being Kidnapped
Chapter 26: Demerol and F-words
Chapter 27: Elliot's POV
Chapter 28: We Drink to Forget.
Chapter 29: "He Who Shall Not Be Named."
Chapter 30: He Was Misunderstood, and Totally Broken.
Chapter 31: They're Buddies again.
Chapter 32: "Grumpy can kick your ass."
Chapter 33: My Half Sister.
Chapter 34: Elliot's POV
Chapter 35: My Knight In Shining Armor.
Chapter 37: I Would Never Forget What She Did.
Chapter38: "Come On Myrna! Be His Potato."
Chapter39: "Or Else We'll Continue On Your Bed."
Chapter 40: Graduation. (Epilogue)
Dedications.

Chapter 36: It Cannot Happen, Not Again.

131 19 65
By cupcake2603

"AUSTIN, NOOOO!" Aria screamed so loudly.

I then heard a gun shot. My whole body froze, and I couldn't see anything. At that sudden sound my breathing stopped, and I felt pale as death. My heart literally took a leap that I felt it stop.

Were we shot? Was it Austin? Was it Elliot?

I couldn't even know.

Elliot loosened on top of me and I suddenly had been slapped back to reality. I started gasping and panting and my eyes widened and moistened with fear and I started struggling to get free wanting to know what the hell has happened. Feeling self conscious and terrified when silence was the only thing I was hearing. Accompanied with my fast gasps.

"Elliot..Elliot-Elliot answer me what's happening what's happened Elliot, Elliot-"

He suddenly pulled back, stopping me, and his face was almost as pale as mine. He examined me up and down and his arms gripped my shoulders tightly, as if making sure I was real, making sure I was standing there, in front of him in a whole piece.

"Are you-are you hurt, ar-are you okay?" I asked him and my voice shook as it sounded so afraid, my eyes look at his pale blue ones, lost, wandering in fear all around his features.

This felt just like a messed up dream, that I doubted I was even awake anymore.

"No no I'm fine." He replied wearily.

Austin.

"Austin..it's- no..NO! AUSTINNN!" Tears stung my eyes so painfully and I sobbed and screamed trying to free myself out of Elliot's hard and tight grip.  He kept a hold of me even when I punched his chest with my hard fists, he didn't even flinch.

It couldn't be Austin, no it couldn't. Austin was there. My childish food craving awesome brother was there. He was not shot. Aria was just screaming. No. I couldn't lose yet another brother, another part of my heart. He wasn't shot, no I had refused to believe that. He was there and this all was just a dream, wasn't it?

Aria's loud, hurt, and shocked and scream suddenly echoed throughout the park, and I froze between Elliot's engulfing, as I even heard both of our heart beats increase in fear. He froze as well, even his grip wasn't as tight anymore. We both were thinking the same, feeling the same. I looked to my side and stared at Aria who fell to her knees her palms spread in front of her as she stared ahead, at what was behind Elliot.

"No no no no, NOOOO!" I shrieked, and in a second managed to get away from Elliot. I wasn't even believing what the conscious part of my brain that was hearing and seeing everything. I wasn't believing that Austin had been shot, that he might have been, dead. I refused to. These thoughts roaming in my mind made my stomach flip and I felt like I was going to puke my brains out. The unconscious part of my brain believed he was okay, thought that this was only a nightmare.

I rounded to see what was behind Elliot, my feet feeling heavy and I felt my whole body sweat while sobs came out of my mouth on their own. I ran both hands through my hair my eyes still as wide as they were when I heard the awful sound of the gun but tears were falling rapidly now.

I stopped in my track and the scene in front of my eyes made the lump rise to my throat I almost gagged. My breath stopped as I inhaled sharply and the breath I took never came out of me as it got caught inside my chest, pressing on me while I felt my heart get ripped and torn apart into pieces.

I gasped, my eyes now burning with the tears of the shock and fear of that moment. My hands immediately and shakily went to cover my mouth as I looked in front of me.

It wasn't Austin no, it was Jules.

"Oh my god."

Her body lying motionless there and blood was covering the area of her chest, dripping slowly and seeping to change the color of the white snow, to bright bloody red that can make you shiver. Austin was on his knees beside her, shaking, as his hands were covered in blood, but not his blood, it was her blood.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, my eyes still wide in shock as I realized;

Jules had sacrificed herself to save me.

Jules actually, saved me.

A loud humorless and ugly laugh shook out and I looked up at Minerva smirking at Jules motionless body.

Jules can't be dead, can she?

"Well well well, she was a waste of time anyways. And stupid not to mention!" She screeched her smirk disappearing and turning into an ugly scowl, she looked mental and so scary. "Even though she led me here because I threatened to slice her parents' throat in front of her, but she was still pointless." She chuckled again darkly.

Her words seemed to snap me out of my state. This, this all just wasn't suppose to happen. Jules, she might have died for me. God even that thought would make my knees shake and go weak in fear.

"YOU MENTAL BITCH!" I screamed so loudly, the words coming out of my mouth without being processed in my brain. She turned her head slowly towards me, an ugly scary smile forming on her lips that I literally felt that I was in a horror movie.

"Well now if she dies, another person would die because of you." She gave out a noise that really didn't sound human at all. "I suggest you come die with honor, silly girl, before somebody else dies on your behalf."

I was outraged at her words, devastated because Jules seemed to loose so much blood because she sacrificed herself for me, and lost on what to do, on how to get rid of this psycho that decided her life goal was to kill me.

Even though I knew her words weren't right, weren't the truth. Even though it all wasn't my fault, but I couldn't help with the unconscious part of my brain that felt so goddamn guilty, that somehow believed her words.

Deep inside, I felt like they all died because of me.

And now Jules.

Suddenly she pointed the gun back at me, her smirk never fading but only growing as seconds ticked by. I stared at her, blocking any more tears from falling down my eyes, and at that moment I felt this movement shift beside me making her point at the figure who moved.

"I'll kill you both." She threatened Elliot, who seemed to only move closer and then stand in front of me, without giving a single care about that if she'd shoot him or not.

"Move." She pressed when I was no longer in her sight.

Elliot took my hands squeezing them in his in a comforting manner, as if telling me it'll all be okay, as if telling me this will all end.

"I'll fucking kill you first to make her suffer then."

"You think I give any fucks Minerva?" He suddenly growled his grip tightening around my fingers. "You think you really know what the fuck love is? You're doing all of this because Selena was killed and you're throwing all of the fault, which is yours, on her half sister? Do you think Selena would ever fucking rest peacefully with you doing all of that? You're not even going to lay one single finger on Myrna, do not even imagine it. You're not going to harm her Minerva. Even if you shoot me, I'm willing to die for her. You're such a fucking mental woman and you need to be treated. But know this; you will never, EVER harm her." He finished, his chest rising and falling so quickly. I couldn't see her, and I didn't even want to. Elliot's hold was so protective that I didn't even want to leave it, or move away from him. He just admitted that he was willing to take a bullet for me for god's sake. He was my hero, and with everything happening, he somehow managed to make me feel safe. Oddly and lovingly enough.

Minerva started to laugh, hysterically. And I squinted my eyes tightly feeling it all as a nightmare. Her laughter made me feel sick in my guts. And I was totally lost.

"Then prepare to die."

Elliot took a deep breath. "I love you Myrna."

No.

My inner instinct forced my legs to move on their own.

"NO!" I screamed and in a way got out of Elliot's grip and moved in front of him. It all happened thoughtlessly, my body working and excluding out my brain. But as soon as I did that, Austin ran so quickly throwing himself over Minerva, and when he did, another shot was heard and we all froze once again. As both Austin and Minerva lied right there, not moving a single muscle.

Oh no.

My hands immediately covered my mouth as a a sharp inhale was forced out.

No no no.

"AUUSTIN!" Aria and I shrieked loudly.

It felt even more real right now, if that was even possible. Now I had seen Austin throw himself on her, now that my eyes had seen and processed, it even felt more real than the thoughts before, than when I only heard.

"NO AUSTIN NO NOOO!" I sobbed and ran as fast as I could towards where they both lied. Elliot tried to hold me back but I shook him and ran towards them, hoping Austin would be okay, praying to god he was okay, that he was not shot.

I reached them, shaking as I did.

There, right there, they both lied on top of the bloody snow. Austin's forehead was covered in blood that dripped down his whole face.

No..

I fell to my knees beside him, not even glancing at Minerva who lied there with no movement as well. A loud sob got out of my mouth and my heart tightened as I crawled to the side of his head, my stomach doing flips of disgust and hatred and my eyes bearing fresh tears that choke my throat with the sobs.

"No no please no.." I whimpered, the flashes of that awful day when I lost my family coming to my mind with the same exact feelings as I sobbed harder and harder beside Austin's head, looking at him with his eyes closed. It cannot happen, I can't loose more people, not again.

I gently and shakily raised my hands taking his head up and placing it on my lap.

"Aus-Austin no no, don't leave me no please-
n-not you I beg you I beg you please.."

I ran my finger over his bloody forehead brushing his hair away and letting out whimpers that I only wanted him to open his eyes. It was so mortifying.

"Austin listen listen jus-just open your eyes. I'd do anything." I sobbed again my voice sounding light and full of sorrow. "I'd give you all of my food without being angry.. I beg you just don't die don't die, I'd even sing stupid old Disney songs with you everyday and even play with Bobby along okay? Just I-I beg you don't die..I'd do anything Austin, I promise I won't ever scowl because you hate it when I do, do you hear me? Just open your eyes, open your eyes and make me laugh again don't die Austin don't leave me!"

I took him up to my chest, my whole body shaking with my extremely loud and hurt sobs, as I held him so tight to my chest. I rocked both of us back and forth begging him over and over again to wake up, because no. Austin wasn't shot. He can't die. He was sleeping and needed to wake up. That was the only thing that I had believed right there.

"Will you even when Alex brings you food let me eat it with you?"

I froze, hearing that faint whisper as my eyes widened. The sound of my heart beats was blurting through my ears in fear and I felt the color of my face turn to even a paler shade of white. I was shaking and my breathing was uneven, and I was too scared to pull away, too scared to believe that I actually heard that statement.

Finally after a moment, I slowly pulled back, and now Austin's green eyes were open, looking at my scared ones with sparkles that seemed like the only light around there. I stared at him as he gave me a sloppy smile telling me somehow that it was okay.

I couldn't even believe that he was looking at me.

"You know Myrna, I'm hungry. With all this action happening it makes me crave for more food."

And then I snapped.

"Oh my god Austin!" I shrieked crying so loudly and pulling him back to me so harshly and tightening my arms around him as making sure what just had happened was real, that he seriously was alive. My grips got so tight on him that my nails dug into his jacket taking all of my fear out, all of the fear I had moments ago when I thought I had actually lost him.

He is okay, Austin is okay.

"But the blood.." I questioned, and my eyes moved away to where Minerva still lied as before.

Austin pulled back and forced himself up till he was sitting on the snow beside me, while I still stared at her.

Her neck had a huge bullet hole that blood was flooding covering every single spot of her neck. And then realization washed all over me. Austin had a cut onto his forehead and Minerva was the one shot. She actually shot herself and cut up Austin's forehead severely in the process. As much as I was relieved that Austin was actually alive, as much as I hated to see her lie there like that, probably dead.

Even if she tried to kill me, even if she nearly killed the closest people to my heart, I couldn't help but feel my eyes burn with tears looking at her. I didn't know what that I was feeling, but I didn't want her dead, not at all. I couldn't believe I was thinking like that, but it was true.

Sounds of police cars and ambulances blurted out around us and I heard my name being called and arms being wrapped around me carrying me up to my feet. I was pressed softly into a warm chest, but protectively. I knew it was Elliot and I instantly hugged him back.

"Shhhh everything is okay love.." He pulled away kissing my forehead passionately.

I had no energy or power to talk to answer him, so I just nodded slowly letting my head fall tiredly onto his chest.

I was exhausted, internally and mentally.

I looked around me, medics scattering all around and going to Austin and Minerva. A man went to us and asked if we needed any medical help. Elliot's arms tightened around me. "We're fine, help them." He referred to Austin and Minerva, then kept brushing my hair in a soothing manner.

My aunt screamed Austin's name and we turned around our heads and looked to the source of her voice. She was running heavily due to the snow and the everyone was trailing behind her in deep shock written all over their features. Justin as soon as he saw Aria, he went straight to her side, planting his lips on hers and hugging her tightly and making sure she was okay. I was thankful for that, for him. I was thankful that Aria finally found a guy like him to love her.

Elliot forced my chin to his side in order to look at him. He gave me a small smile and placed his lips on mine as soon as I looked at him, as if he knew that was the only thing I needed right there. And actually, it was.
I kissed him back as he softly sucked my lips then pulled away making this kiss short.

"I love you Myrna." He repeated.

"I adore you, Elliot."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 15.4K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
1.6M 53.8K 38
"Let's get rid of this," he releases my hair letting it fall freely His hot heavy breath lingers on my lips and sends shivers down my back. I see him...
Will he By tanz

Teen Fiction

11.5K 271 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...
204K 12K 36
He smirked, knowing he was on the winning side. "So it's a done deal for three months?" He raised his eyebrows, putting his hand forth for a handshak...