Chapter 36: It Cannot Happen, Not Again.

"AUSTIN, NOOOO!" Aria screamed so loudly.

I then heard a gun shot. My whole body froze, and I couldn't see anything. At that sudden sound my breathing stopped, and I felt pale as death. My heart literally took a leap that I felt it stop.

Were we shot? Was it Austin? Was it Elliot?

I couldn't even know.

Elliot loosened on top of me and I suddenly had been slapped back to reality. I started gasping and panting and my eyes widened and moistened with fear and I started struggling to get free wanting to know what the hell has happened. Feeling self conscious and terrified when silence was the only thing I was hearing. Accompanied with my fast gasps.

"Elliot..Elliot-Elliot answer me what's happening what's happened Elliot, Elliot-"

He suddenly pulled back, stopping me, and his face was almost as pale as mine. He examined me up and down and his arms gripped my shoulders tightly, as if making sure I was real, making sure I was standing there, in front of him in a whole piece.

"Are you-are you hurt, ar-are you okay?" I asked him and my voice shook as it sounded so afraid, my eyes look at his pale blue ones, lost, wandering in fear all around his features.

This felt just like a messed up dream, that I doubted I was even awake anymore.

"No no I'm fine." He replied wearily.

Austin.

"Austin..it's- no..NO! AUSTINNN!" Tears stung my eyes so painfully and I sobbed and screamed trying to free myself out of Elliot's hard and tight grip.  He kept a hold of me even when I punched his chest with my hard fists, he didn't even flinch.

It couldn't be Austin, no it couldn't. Austin was there. My childish food craving awesome brother was there. He was not shot. Aria was just screaming. No. I couldn't lose yet another brother, another part of my heart. He wasn't shot, no I had refused to believe that. He was there and this all was just a dream, wasn't it?

Aria's loud, hurt, and shocked and scream suddenly echoed throughout the park, and I froze between Elliot's engulfing, as I even heard both of our heart beats increase in fear. He froze as well, even his grip wasn't as tight anymore. We both were thinking the same, feeling the same. I looked to my side and stared at Aria who fell to her knees her palms spread in front of her as she stared ahead, at what was behind Elliot.

"No no no no, NOOOO!" I shrieked, and in a second managed to get away from Elliot. I wasn't even believing what the conscious part of my brain that was hearing and seeing everything. I wasn't believing that Austin had been shot, that he might have been, dead. I refused to. These thoughts roaming in my mind made my stomach flip and I felt like I was going to puke my brains out. The unconscious part of my brain believed he was okay, thought that this was only a nightmare.

I rounded to see what was behind Elliot, my feet feeling heavy and I felt my whole body sweat while sobs came out of my mouth on their own. I ran both hands through my hair my eyes still as wide as they were when I heard the awful sound of the gun but tears were falling rapidly now.

I stopped in my track and the scene in front of my eyes made the lump rise to my throat I almost gagged. My breath stopped as I inhaled sharply and the breath I took never came out of me as it got caught inside my chest, pressing on me while I felt my heart get ripped and torn apart into pieces.