Me+You Do the Math✔️

By DesireToShine

//Ranked #35 Chicklit// Arabella Stone's life was full of disappointment after disappointment. She slowly bui... More

Ch.1 *My Impending Doom*
Ch.2 *Sporks and other utensils*
Ch.3 *Bitter Coffee- Made with love*
Ch.4 *Don't Hug Me*
Ch.5 *Almost History*
Ch.6 *Just a Kiss*
Ch.7 *Suprise Midnight Visits*
Ch.8 *Sweet Pumkin Proposals*
Ch.9 *Venti Cup of Hell*
Ch.10 *Peer Pressure Over Skype*
Ch.11 *Heck NO TechNO*
Ch.12 *Royal Sexual Tension*
Ch.13 *JehovahWitnesses and the Worst Pizza*
Ch.14 *Confrontations Over 2nd Lunch*
Ch.15 *Secret Languages*
Ch.16 *Malicious Utterance*
Ch.18 *Greek Gods on Morphine*
Ch.19 *Nine Years Ago*
Ch.20 *Damn it Dj*
Ch.21 *A Day to Forget*
Ch.22 *It's In The Facts*
Ch.23 *Profound Mental Reclusiveness*
Ch.24 *Ty-Breaker*
Ch.25 *I Take It All Back*
Ch.26 *Bi-Polar Mother Nature*
Ch.27 *Bird Watching*
Ch.28 *Off Brand Oreo Cookies*
Ch.29 *Sorry DiCaprio*
Ch.30 *The Voices*
Ch.31 *Triassic Telephone*
Ch.32 *Lost Him*
Ch.33 *Functional Family*
Ch.34 *Revelations and Epiphanies*
Ch.35 *Never Fraternize With the Enemy Kids*
Ch.36 *They Break*
♡Epilogue♡

Ch.17 *Accidents and French Lullabies*

188 25 27
By DesireToShine

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IVE WRITTEN ALL DAY ACCEPT FOR THE 30 MINUTES I TOOK TO GO GET ICE CREAM AND NEW CLOTHES. THATS 3 CHAPTERS DOWN IN 12 HOURS WHOOPPPPP. FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS PLEASE DON'T KIDNAP MY MOM WHEN YOU FINISH THIS. 

"So, what about you? Who are your best friends?" Ty asked as we got into the car after paying for all of Jen's goodies. 

"Kris- obviously, and Jen probably." 

He checked something on his phone before setting it down, buckling his seatbelt as I did my own, and looking at me, "Not Carolina?"

"She really only hangs out with us because her childhood friend was Ian, and because Kris and I play soccer with her," I explained. He nodded, brushing his hair back up with his fingers. 

We sat in a comfortable silence before there was a stoplight. I was amidst turning left when a car came speeding down the road. Their light was red but they weren't stopping. I tried to hit the breaks to avoid getting in his path of destruction, but it was too late. In a last attempt to not get hit I jerked the steering wheel and stepped on the gas. All I could do was scream as the car T-boned the driver's side of the car.

 Ty's arm reached out to block my chest as my neck snapped forward. At the last second, I jumped in my seat, my legs felt like they were being crumpled and forced into a tiny compartment.

 My lungs gasped for air as if they were doubling in on themselves.

Everything turned black. 

The disgusting sound of metal crunching filled my ears as tiny glass shards rained down on me, cutting my face. The large white airbag deployed in one sharp motion burning my skin and face where it touched. 

All I could hear was the sound of metal being crushed under pressure, my screams, and the vague sound of my bones cracking. 

A smell too intense for words filled my nostrils before everything went from black to a blinding white to black again. The world ceased to exist. It was just me and my pain, alone... 

I jolted to the sound of distant sirens. My body rejected movement and I groaned and spat blood onto the dashboard. 

I liked it better when I was unconscious. When I wasn't, I was aware or the metallic taste that filled my mouth, aware of the pain that spread through my whole body like fire, aware of my lungs struggling for air. 

I sucked in one last breath of gas-filled air, before my world went black again. 

_______

I was swimming in a huge pool. Not swimming, I thought to myself, sinking. As I fell further into the deep, thick water, I tried to kick my legs to propel myself forward but they didn't work. I don't want to die. I don't want to die! I couldn't do anything as I fell deeper and deeper...

I shut my eyelids not wanting to see my fate. Behind the closed eyes, it was cloudy. I fought off the thunderstorms until I could hear and make sense of my surroundings. Steps...? People?People talking!

I wanted to open my eyes but no matter what I willed, they wouldn't pull open. They stayed shut. It took all I was, and all I am to slowly peel open the molasses-like eyelids. 

The dark started to recede from my visions and I was greeted with equally garish fluorescent white lights. 

"Mason?" croaked out, thinking I heard my brother's voice. Another voice filled my ear, "Oh, he'll be back soon. OH!" There was a lot of screaming or what sounded like screaming. The blurry figures of people started to surround where ever I was. 

"Ella!" two brown eyes came into my blurry view and they were the first things I adjusted to, "You're okay!"

"Ty." I croaked out, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked my full senses returning to me. He laughed and was pushed away from me by Kris.

"You're are broken and you are sitting there worrying about him? Other than a few cuts and bruises he's fine." she laughed. 

"B-broken?" I breathed out in fear. 

"Girl you-" She was cut off by a nurse. 

"If any of you aren't her family you can come back in fifteen minutes." then the young nurse turned to me after all of my friends had cleared out, "Honey you have three broken ribs, and you shattered your left tibia, and femur. You  underwent standard emergency surgery already."

A gasp sound filled my ears and only after did I realize it was mine. "Wi-will I ever be able to play again?"

She looked sorry for me, "I can't tell you, it depends on how well you do in physical therapy. Maybe in time..." My heart shattered. Soccer is my life I can't just give it up.

A sob racked my body but it hurt too much so I pushed my sorrow down. 

"Your friends are waiting, if you want I can dismiss them and you will be free to talk to your family." her warm dark eyes smiled at me along with her mouth. 

"No!" I burst out, she jumped back and rubbed her dark skin on her arms, "I want my friends."

She nodded and checked my monitor before leaving. I assessed myself. I was tightly bandaged at the torso and my leg was in a large white temporary cast and was elevated with a sling connected to the low ceiling.

"I'm so sorry!" Jen called out and tried to hug me. I protested because it hurt too much, "If you never went to go get me those snacks you wouldn't be here and-"

 I cut her off. "Jen, It's okay."

"No, it's not. You are actually the optime of shattered." Ian sidestepped from the bunch. 

I snorted, "Hilarious as always," my voice dripped with sarcasm. I turned to Ty, "So you are okay?" 

He smirked, "Worried about me?" 

"Pfft, you wish." I smiled. Yes, yes YES! my brain urged me to yell. 

"Mmm, suuure," he winked and my heart literally melted. I can't do this. I can't...

My eyes darted across the room and landed on someone I hadn't seen in a while. Or what felt like a while. Mark. "Hi, I'm sorry what happened."

I swallowed, "Me too." To everyone else, I was talking about the accident. To him, it had a whole nother meaning. 

They all started to talk at once again before I 'Shhhed' them. "Can I talk to Tyler?" they didn't move, "Alone..?"

They cleared out and I smiled. That was my family. 

"Why do you keep calling me Tyler?" He tilted his head to the side, somewhat showing off his jawline. I shrugged. 

"I don't know, I guess it's just what I used to call you."

"When we were ten?" he smirked. 

I laughed before sighing and leaning back, "It's weird to think that I barely knew you existed up until that one day." His eyes flashed hurt but it was gone as soon as it came, "Like, I knew you, but I never knew you." 

"Yeah, I can't relate." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked curious to what he meant. 

"Je t'aimerais jusqu'à la fin de mes jours." He smirked.

"What?" I repeated with more astonishment in my voice. All I made out was a bunch of jumbled words, "I heard; hummer mag whore." I stared up at him putting on my most sincere face.

He laughed, "I didn't call you a whore."  

"Then what did you say?" I egged. He just laughed, shook his head and turned to look out the window to the city. 

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"If I'm being honest? No. I'm not. I broke my leg I might never be able to play again." I bit my lip, "Soccer was my future, I could have gotten a full ride..." 

"Hey, hey, calm down. It's okay." He interlaced his hand with mine. Even though every inch of my body hurt it couldn't stop the butterflies that erupted in the pit of my stomach. 

"It's not okay. We could have died!"

He shook his head, "You took all the impact, all I got was a little seatbelt bruising and airbag burn."

"You-you put your arm out, like you tried to save me or something," I wanted to add why at the end but it was already too late. His face dropped to the floor and didn't say anything. 

"I couldn't just sit there and do nothing..." He finally spoke after what seemed like forever. 

"It's not your fault," I countered. 

"The man's breaks failed. He's pretty injured too, some internal bleeding and shit like that." 

"Will he be okay?" I asked my voice shaking.

He turned back to me and gripped my hand, "Here you are, and you're worrying about everyone else but yourself." He shook his head with a slight smile, "He'll be fine."

"I'm tired..." 

"Me too." He rested his head on the bar of my hospital bed.

"Tell me a children's story in french," I asked sleepily.

"What?" He laughed.

"Pleeeeaasse?"

"I told you I'm only conversational."

I made an exasperated noise, "I don't believe you."

He sighed. 

"Dans la lumière de la lune, un petit oeuf repose sur une feuille."

"What are you saying?" I asked, my eyes drifting off from the meds. 

He turned to me and laughed, "Shut the fuck up I'm being nice," then he continued, "Un beau dimanche matin, le soleil se lève et POP! Une minuscule chenille sort de l'oeuf. Elle a très faim."

I drifted off to sleep, my hand still clutching his. 

Hehehe, I hate myself for doing this. 

If anyone can guess what book that is I'll give you a cookie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 48 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
4.2M 76.3K 78
"You broke my first rule," I whispered in her left ear as I pulled down her underwear under the table slowly with my hungry fingers. "Why are you wea...
1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
1.5M 73.5K 49
One crazy night. One drunken mistake. One careless hookup. Noah Brown never thought he would return to his hometown again. Sophia Stone never thou...