What He Wanted (Book#1 of The...

Oleh SiyaNavas

(Book#1 of 'The Runaway Club' but also can be read as stand alone). Ria Malhotra was done. If her parents tho... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 : Elope to freedom
Chapter 2 : A strange meeting
Chapter 3 : To get to know more.
Chapter 4 : The breakfast orders
Chapter : 5 Banshee in a Ferrari
Chapter 6 : Post-Gucci Peace offering.
Chapter 7: Little Angel In Taffeta and The Frenchman
Chapter 8 : A Blast From The Past
Chapter 9 : Noble Knight and Her Steed
Chapter 10 : Getting Emotionally Attached to Food
Chapter 11 : One Almost-True Love
Chapter 12 : The Universal Answer to All Things Makeover
Chapter 13 : Traffic Rules for the Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 14 : Billionaire's girlfriend Jealousy
Chapter 15 : Losing A Grip
Chapter 17 : The Bed-Time Story
Chapter 18 : Punches? I Don't Think So!
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 19 : The Playboy's Night Plans
Chapter 20 : The Last Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Jar
Chapter 21 : Seeing Red
Chapter 22 : Oh, look! How alike our sob stories are!
Chapter 23 : Mr. Teddy is my husband and the Evil Potato is my sister-in-law
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 24 : Ohmigosh! Are those--?!
Chapter 25 : The Soon-to-be She-Hulk
Chapter 26 : Well Hello, Playboy!
Chapter 27: Shifting Mount Everest and Throwing A Tea Party In Venus
Chapter 28: Missed Me?
Chapter 29: Bugs Bunny
Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?
31. My Perfect World
Chapter 33: The Coffee Date
Chapter 34: Déjà vu Disaster
Chapter 35: Dead Weights and The Deserving
Chapter 36: On Either Sides Of The World
Chapter 37: Blind Eye and Traitors
Chapter 38: Prince Charming to Cinderella
Chapter 39: A Smuggled Heathen Goddess
Chapter 40: Limelight Virgin Arm Candy
Chapter 41: Hurricane Ria
~EPILOGUE~
Author's Note
Book#2
Announcement
Heyo-Mayo

32. Brownie Points

3.1K 121 0
Oleh SiyaNavas

Justin Bieber - Company

(I know what you are thinking. But you HAVE to admit that the song is amazing....despite the guy who sung it is revolting)

(I am sorry if you are a beliber)

*

"Chloe..."

Adam acknowledged the mystery woman and all I could do was gape at the wonderful specimen in front of me. She was, let's face it, model-like gorgeous. You know, those women who make you green with envy at their perfect creamy skin and hourglass body.

Adam simply stared at her emotionlessly; as if she were some business client he had no interest in whatsoever. Whereas I was drowning in my own pool of drool at how perfect that woman looked. And for once I understood why Adam fell for this woman. Hell, I would fall in love with her if I were a guy...or if I were gay.

"Adam!" She was genuinely surprised. "It's been so long! How are you?"

Adam was silent for a while, staring at her dull eyes before he spoke. "I am fine. And I hope you are doing well too." His voice somehow sounded to mechanic, even for my ears who had heard the worst of his expressionlessness. Chloe's face fell for a moment before her eyes fell on me who was shifting awkwardly in my seat.

"You must be Mrs. Lexwood!" She beamed.

My eyes widened. "Um, no. Ria Malhotra." I couldn't contain my blush when I was referred to as Adam's wife. I gave her my hand and she took it readily with a smile. She seemed nice, so far. But this woman had this aura of a shrewd businesswoman who will tear up anything and everything for what she wants. Maybe it's just me being judgmental.

"Chloe Olmstead." She introduced herself with a jolly air, "Adam's girlfriend it is then."

"Yeah..." I trailed off, not knowing how to respond to that.

She turned to face Adam, who had retreated back to his business shell of a man. No trace of that man who was arguing about the best ice-cream topping just before. Or the man I cuddled with simply hours ago.

"Adam..." She began in a serious note, her smile slipping, "I am sorry for how we ended. I know you have a grudge against me---"

"I don't have any grudge against you." He stated in a tone of obviousness, "It is just that I have learned to be guarded around you. My trust is reserved and I learned that the hard way."

Translation: I don't trust you, you back-stabbing whore.

Chloe flinched. I almost felt sorry for her at Adam's non-committal tone. I know I should be giving them space or something but I don't think I can bear to see them from afar. My insecurity just hit the fan as soon as this goddess stepped into the scene.

"I deserved that." Chloe murmured. "I was stupid back then for not recognizing your love. But past is in the past and for the mistakes that I did, I can only ask for your forgiveness. I know I broke your trust and heart beyond repair, but I hope we can start in a clean slate."

There was silence for a minute.

"Truth to be told, I had forgiven you long back." Adam stated. Chloe seemed to be relieved to hear that. "It is just that I find it hard to get used to new people in my life."

"I am happy to hear that. Despite what you may think, I cared immensely for you, Adam. And I'd hate for our friendship to end in a harsh note. And I had suffered enough for all what I did wrong." She said, her eyes misting at the last part.

Adam looked away, not reacting to the sudden drop in mood.

"It was my punishment for betraying your love that I never got mine." She whispered slowly, blinking back tears. Her switch from a happy-go-lucky persona to this depressing twist, took me aback.

"What happened?" I blurt out, though knowing that it was never my place to ask that. But curiosity outweighed my rationality.

"His name was Joshua." She told me with a bitter-sweet smile. "He died in a car crash the day before our marriage."

My sympathy instantly reached out for her. To have the one you loved leave you forever a day before your dream fairytale ending is indeed very tragic.

"Oh, I am so sorry." I gasped. Chloe offered me a watery smile.

"It is not your fault. I deserved it for all what I had done before. Sometimes, I wish Josh never met someone like me." I shook my head at her.

"Nobody deserves death, Chloe." I told her sincerely. "You don't have to be so hard on yourself."

She nodded gratefully, acknowledging my words thankfully. "Though Josh and I never married, I am an unofficial member of Sorrell family." She turned to Adam who was watching our interaction curiously. "I am settled in Britain now, where Josh's family are. I came here for closing a business deal here and will go back tomorrow."

She looked between Adam and I energetically. "You should visit England sometimes. I have these amazing countryside villas where you can stay. "I nodded politely whereas Adam simply shrugged curtly.

"Well, I will get going now. You two love-birds keep it going!" And with a wink she was gone.

"Wow."

I was still in a daze when I shifted my gaze to Adam. He looked like he was thinking about something, the way he his forehead creased. He seemed somewhere far from the posh restaurant. His muscles were colied underneth his Armani as his fists clenched on the tabletop.

"What's wrong?" I asked and his blue eyes flickered to mine. His forehead was still creased in a frown.

"It's nothing."

He assured half-heartedly and I understood that he was skeptical about Chloe. But I for my part didn't see any reason to distrust that woman. She never made a move and was polite to me, not even asking for privacy when she spoke to Adam and that showed that she had nothing to hide. I simply nodded and there was silence for a while as we ate. The only sound was the cling-clang of the cutlery that mostly came from me. I decided that I shouldn't let an ex of my boyfriend crash my date.

"Sooo...." I started off playfully and Adam looked at me curiously, wiping his mouth on the napkin. "Don't tell me that this is the end of your date. I am expecting more." I smiled coyly and a ghost of a smile graced his face. I felt happy that I was able to put a smile on his face after the whole ex-crashing-the-date fiasco.

"Why? What else do you expect more?" He asked playing along and acting surprised.

"Oh I don't know..." I pretended to think, "But don't think you can woo me that easily with a fancy meal in an uptight restaurant." I wagged my pointer finger at him crossly and he chuckled.

He pretended to heave a defeated sigh. "Oh well, since my girlfriend is very demanding, I am glad I planned ahead."

"Really? What?" I asked excitedly as I bounced on the posh cushions.

A devilish smile appeared on his face at my enthusiasm. "If you are done, then we shall move. Ready?" He asked as he adjusted the cuffs of his suit.

"I was born ready!"

I was already on my feet as Adam rose from his seat before placing a hefty amount at the table. His warm hands engulfed mine entirely as he pulled me gently towards him. I gave him a blinding smile as he pulled me away from the restaurant to a limo parked outside.

"Wow, I am impressed!"

I wolf-whistled as I slipped inside the limo, followed by Adam. I ran my hands on the plush leather upholstery and the luxurious interior décor. Everything was black and white and freakishly clean. I marveled at the sight for a moment.

"Already?" Adam asked with a chuckle referring to my comment, "Then I am sure I will earn enough brownie points with you enough to open a bakery after this date." He stated arrogantly as he pulled me closer to him in a swift tug.

"Somebody is cocky" I sang as I snuggled to his side and his arm went around me, caging me protectively against his side. I subtly inhaled his minty scent that was fast becoming familar to me.

"You love that, don't you?" He whispered into my ear, his voice husky. A shiver of delight passed through me and I looked up at him, to meet his darkened blue irises with a smile.

"I must admit, yeah." I replied back, my voice matching his whisper. His lips curled into a smirk as his gaze flickered between my eyes and my lips.

"Good." He grunted approvingly before his lips crashed against mine in a heated kiss. But a sharp knock on the window made me jump away from him with a blush. Adam cursed whoever was behind the door as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. I chuckled as I fixed my hair at the pout that Adam had on. He didn't seem so happy with the series of disturbances we faced today.

He pushed opened the door of the limo and offered me his hand, like a gentleman. I took his calloused hands and let him hoist me up on my feet. Once I was, I finally noticed where we were.

We were standing in a tarmac airplane runway where a white privet jet stood waiting for us in a cacophony of turbine fans, ready to take off any moment. I was momentarily robbed of words. Is he serious about the whole jet-thing for a single date with me? Considering Adam, he probably is.

"Are we going somewhere?" I turned to Adam with an eyebrow raised for an explanation.

"Maybe." He answered vaguely with a smirk as he led me to the jet with his hand on the small of my back.

We boarded the jet and seated opposite to each other in a luxurious recliner-like seat. My eyes darted around everywhere, appreciating everything that came in the line of my vision. Adam was right about the brownie points. And he certainly earned many in my records.

"You like?" He inquired with a gentle smile as the air-hostess poured each of us a glass of champagne and disappeared behind the curtains at the back. My smile turned into a grin, "I love!" I declared and I didn't miss how a flash of emotion flickered in his eyes, so fast I could never see what it was and all I could hope was that it wasn't disgust or ridicule.

"But I am not sure about those brownie points though." I playfully added, effectively evading the awkward situation.

I know that both of us aren't ready for that yet and I wouldn't take that leap without him being comfortable with my trust. Truth to be told, it hurt sometimes to think that he still didn't trust me with his feelings but at the same time I knew I had to understand the inner turmoil he was going through.

"We'll see." He smirked arrogantly as he took a tentative sip from his flute.

The flight took off moments later and I was bouncing with excitement and curiosity. Adam decided that he will not tell me where we were going even after blackmails and offers made from my side. The rest of the time went quite smoothly with us bickering back and forth, teasing and flirting till no end. Only when the announcement thrummed from the speakers, I was reminded of the surprise where we were bound to.

"We will be landing in our destination in a few minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts, Mr. Lexwood and Ms. Malhotra."

And I did so. But when I peered out of the window in my side, my jaws dropped in it's sight.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" I muttered in astonishment.

A line of white sand beach and clear blue water met my widened eyes. It was a private island, in god-knows-where. I turned to face a smug Adam, my face a myriad of emotions; mainly shock, surprise and utter disbelief.

"So, did I earn those brownie points?" He asked me as he reclined back, his eyes twinkling with mirth. I snorted.

"What do you think?" I asked sarcastically.

"That you are thoroughly wooed."

His laughter was contagious.

*

Aww...

Okey, who needs another dose of this *gesturing everything you read above* before shit hits the proverbial fan?

Tell me what you you think though, I really love it when you vote or comment and it means a lot to me. Anyway, I noticed recently that the early chapters of this book is very shitty compared to the recent ones. I really need to edit it which I am planning to do instead of next update. So next weekend, make sure to read through the old chapters which will be re-written 75-80%.

So long till next time!

Your-author-who-is-tearing-hair-at-the-horrible-grammar-in-the-previous-chapters,

Siya :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

399K 16K 73
It is a love at first sight story of a perfect businessman, who believes in perfection in his work. His world revolves around his family, friends and...
141K 8.4K 68
Twenty-four-year-old Kashvi Acharya doesn't want to get married. Especially when she's at the turning point of her career. She wants to work, progres...
10.9K 1.1K 15
Rua Katariya X Mrityunjay Rana Contract Marriage Grumpy x Grumpy "To the one who thinks love is delusional" ____________________________________...
849K 63.1K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...