Partners In Crime [On Hold]

By ImperfectTwat

~Quotes from the book~ "If he's evil, be Satan himself." "Can't handle the fat, can't handle the love." "I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Ten

22 2 0
By ImperfectTwat

I know I've mentioned what kind of bitch August had been. But on my way home, it seemed to be bitchier. As if it was mocking me. Knowing that I was about to step into hell once again, and just for good measure, it would send down rain.

Yes.

Rain.

At the start of the school day I never knew I'd go home like this. Miserable and utterly pissed. Not only had Zack been a pain the ass, but now I had to deal with the fact that I had gotten detention. Or more like detentions. Again.

So of course Mother Nature would be over the moon. Taking in the fact, she hates my guts. So do God, I do believe.

I stepped in, soaking wet and looking like the girl from Ring just the Latino version, of course. No one was home yet. Dad, who I thought had a free day, seemed to be quite the busy guy. Reports were all over the table and it seemed he had rushed out. Mother was out working as well, and Penny was probably at Auntie's.

I had more or less an hour or so until I had to face mr and mrs Devil.

How fantastic.

I got to work. Cleaning and shuffling around the house. Putting the family home into an order. Just so mom would see and maybe soften up a little. But don't be fooled, she wouldn't be all understanding when I broke the news.

When I finished forty minutes later, I was surprised to see the front door open. I had been in my room, showering and making myself presentable.

So of course, seeing the door all wide and the house eerily silent, flashes of whatever I had taught from Naruto came to mind.

But of course, no jutsu could be of any help or any martial arts. Though my brother had taught me some moves, I was as good as a choking fish.

Useless, really.

"Hello?" I squeaked, but then I shut my trap. From all the movies I've seen, when the poor girl called out after her possible murderer, she ended up dead on the spot. Sliced up in bits.

I didn't want to become sushi just yet.

So very silently I reached out my arm for the beautiful, but sharp vase, on my right. Though my mom would be sad, I think she had to deal with the sacrifice of her vase in exchange for her daughter's life.

Though I have a hunch that she'd be more devastated over the china than me..

I tiptoed my way to the wall and started, while holding my breath for the life of me, walking towards the end of the wall. Then it turned right, and into the kitchen it went. I heard clicks and clacks and whatnot coming from there. It could be something to do with the sink and plates, but I don't think my murderer would care to do the dishes.

I was at the end of the wall.

What now?

Surprise attack seemed possible. Just pop up and beat the crap out of him.

Or just run out the front door.

A real debate. Fight or flee. Basic human features.

Adrenaline was kicking too. Heart racing in the speed of light, almost. Sweat coming.

I was scared. I really was. But I also wasn't. I was scared, and I was cool.

Thing is, I did the stupidest thing.

I placed myself in front of the kitchen door. Ready to fight.

But as I saw the face of whom I thought would be my Reaper, I could honestly say I was pissed.

"You fucking moron?!" I squealed.

He jumped up and the plate he was busy wiping fell, shattering into pieces.

"Avery!" He yelled, sighing at the glasses on his bare feet. "Why'd you do that for?"

"Why'd you let the front door stay open? Didn't you know I was here?! Damn it Alex, you're an idiot. Scared the heck out of me!"

My brother looked up, seeming half amused as he saw the object in my hand.

"You were going to use mom's vase on me? You're suicidal, right?"

I resisted the urge to punch his jaw with it.

"For shit's sake. Next time, announce yourself. Like, I don't know, call out that you're home or something. Geez." I lowered the vase and went to putt it back to its proper place.

Taking in the fact that I hadn't died yet, didn't change the other the fact that I soon would.

Because there come mother Vieña and father Jacob. Standing at the door way with Penny between them.

My mother looked into the kitchen where Alex was busy collecting glass. Then her eyes traveled to what I believed was my flushed face.

Oh boy.

This would be fun.

***

That went better than expected.

After dinner, which I had in my room alone, without any form of electronic except for my spare phone, I was content with how they reacted. After a few minutes of traumatizing yelling, some pint pointing of flaws of mine over the years, and disappointed stares, and a bruise here and there, I was good to go back to my room. Which was totally fine on my behalf. I never went out of it unless I had an urge for TV or food. And that happened rarely, except for the food part. I was always hungry.

I was really relieved. You'd maybe wonder why, but they reacted softly. As if it was something worse that had come their way at work or something, and me getting detention was just a small bother.

Which was weird. Even made me think of the dinner last day. When mother had brought up something work related to baba.

That was weird and unsettling. But I shook the thought of it away. It couldn't possibly be connected to this.

"Hey Avy!"

I shut my locker and turned to see the loser himself. He came to me grinning.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I said guess."

"I said what."

Nove narrowed his eyes, seemingly annoyed. "You have bags under your eyes."

"And I don't care."

"Main reason why you're still single."

Nove moved out of the way before my fist could connect to his chest. He started laughing, but composed himself quickly.

"Anywhore. Remember the assignment the teacher mentioned in biology?"

"More like a presentation." I corrected.

"Whatever." Nove brushed me off. "Anyway. The list of partner's has apparently been leaked out. And guess who I have!"

"Leaked out?"

"More like Calvin Der, the new kid remember, got it. Anyway, guess who I have!"

My shoulders slumped and I didn't bother guessing.

"I don't know Nove. But I'm pretty sure you'll say it anyway."

"Damn right. None other than Damien Hellock!"

"Bravo, too bad he's straight."

"Straight, gay, bi. Does that matter? He's still one hunk of hotness."

There was something clicking inside my head then and I was suddenly paying a lot of attention.

"Wait, who do I have as partner?"

Nove shrugged as the useful being he was. "Don't know. Too busy starstrucking. Because DAMIEN-"

I didn't bother listening to whatever bullshit was coming out of his open mouth again and I started walking to Calvin's locker. I knew where it was because every morning the jocks would be there in a crowd, waiting for the sheets of cheats Calvin had stacked up. New kid, but incredibly mischievous and creepily smart.

And of course, it was just the right time. The hoard of jocks was already on their usual spot and none other than Calvin was at the center, handing out papers.

"Move." I yelled over the excited chatter and roars.

The jocks looked at me confused, and since I was pretty impatient, I started pushing my way in.

I wasn't uber popular, but I was well liked. And none said shit when I faced Calvin.

"Who do I have as partner in biology?"

Did I mention Calvin had a weird memory. He even remembers how many fries there were on his last McDonalds meal.

Weird, but awfully useful for us fellow students.

"Name." He replied, looking up bored.

"Avery Noria."

His eyes suddenly had this strange light to them and I felt more or less creeped out.

"Yes, Avery Noria. Partner to none other than Zack-"

Safe to say.

I went batshit crazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
2.5M 84.1K 36
Tutoring the Bad Boy. ~~ He smirked. "Whoops! Look who has read 50 Shades of Grey. Trust me getting kinky is almost every guys dream. I knew you had...
271K 16.2K 47
5 years ago, I lost my best friend. All because he confessed his feelings for me and I over thought things. I was left on my own only to realize too...
2M 80.2K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...