The Other Gilbert (The Vampir...

By DeanCasLove

Mystic Falls. A place where the dead are living, and the living are just as good as dead. Love for the small... More

Chapter 1: Nothing Bad Ever Happens In Mystic Falls
Chapter 2: Night of the Comet
Chapter 3: Pre-Game Chills
Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 5: Founder's Party
Chapter 6: She Knows
Chapter 7: Death by Dark
Chapter 8: Halloween
Chapter 9: In My Mind
Chapter 10: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 11: Welcome to Georgia
Chapter 12: The Decade Dance
Chapter 13: Team Roxanne
Chapter 14: The Tomb
Chapter 15: Founder Fundraiser
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: The Blood Comes Out
Chapter 18: Under Control
Chapter 19: Miss Mystic Falls
Chapter 20: Brotherhood
Chapter 22: Founder's Day

Chapter 21: Isobel and Charlotte

8.1K 186 134
By DeanCasLove

Chapter 21: Isobel and Charlotte

I woke up in a bright, open room, that wasn't mine. I looked around and realized where I was. I remembered everything that happened last night, and it wasn't a dream. I slowly sat up as quietly as I could keeping the sheets covering my body. Damon was next to me still sound a sleep as I could tell. I tried slowly taking the sheet from the bed and wrapping it around me. I tiptoed around the room trying to find my clothes. All I wanted was to get out of the house without any one catching me. I started to slip on my clothes when I heard shuffling in the bed behind me.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked in a low groan.

"Leaving, sneaking out.. What ever you wanna call it." I shrugged.

"And why would you do that?" He responded.

"I find it hard to believe that you're not the one telling me to get out." I shrugged as he started putting on his clothes too.

"Maybe I don't mind you staying." He smiled and walked over to where I was still needing to find my shirt.

"In the time that we were together last night anything could have happened.." I sighed and he grabbed on to my cheeks.

"Calm down for two seconds." He said picking my shirt up from the ground to let me put it on and end up kissing me softly. "No matter what happened... We'll figure it out."

"How do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" He questioned.

"Hide your feelings? Act like I'm the only thing that matters?" I asked and he half smiled.

"I was just trying to protect you, from me. I'm not a good guy, I've hurt a lot people.. Including you." He sighed.

"Either way, I'll always end up getting hurt, but I can protect myself. You're not always going to be bad, Damon." I said softly and leaned in to kiss him again.

"You really think that." He stated.

"I believe in change.." I shrugged walking around him. "So I'm gonna shower and then you can drive me to the school."

"Or you could stay, we can talk, and maybe do a little of this." He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist and letting his lips graze over mine.

"As much fun as that sounds, I have to help build the parade float, and I'd rather not get yelled at by Caroline today." I shrugged.

"Fine. You may go." He sighed opening the door behind me.

I smiled before turning to walk out of the room. I walked down the hall carefully, going to one of the guest bedroom's to get ready. I took a quick shower and went through my bag of clothes that were left here. I decided on a pair of dark blue high wasted jean shorts, and a plain maroon crop top. I slipped on some navy blue converse and put a pair of black heart shaped earrings in my holes. As soon as I was dressed, I blow dried my hair and curled it. Lastly I did my makeup, darker then usual but just because I felt like it. When I was ready I grabbed my phone and walked over to Damon's door. I didn't even bother knocking I just walked right inside. I heard shouting so I was curious as to what was going on.

"Damon?" I called walking around the corner to see Damon on the ground with Stefan angrily above him. "Oh my god! Stefan stop!"

"Stay back." Damon replied as Stefan punched him again.

"Stefan!" I yelled pushing Stefan away from Damon. "What the hell is wrong with you two?!"

"How are you defending him?" Stefan asked.

"I need to know what's going on before I can defend anyone." I stated confused at what exactly was going on.

"My daylight ring is gone. The one Elena gave me was a fake." He replied.

"Damon didn't do anything with your ring." I sighed walking over to Damon's unmade bed. I lifted up the mattress to where I'd put it last night. "I had it."

"You switched the rings?" He asked confused.

"No, I thought the ring I had was fake, but why don't you ask Elena where she got hers." I shrugged.

"Why was it under Damon's mattress if you took it?" Stefan asked like he needed a clue.

"Come on Stefan, put two and two together." Damon interrupted and I rolled my eyes.

"Can we not go there right now?" I asked holding my head as it started pounding. "I really need to get to the school."

"Elena and I can take you." Stefan said and I looked to Damon for support.

"I promised I'd take her to get her car before she goes to school." Damon replied.

"What happened to your car?" He asked.

"She had a melt down. Don't worry. I fixed it." Damon shrugged and I found it hard to even try looking at Stefan.

"Roxanne, you can tell me what's going on, you know that right?" Stefan said and I looked up about to burst.

"No, Stefan I honestly can't." I replied.

"Roxanne.." He started.

"I slept with Damon last night ok! I don't need you trying to come into my life and make things better. I'm fine, but this friendship has been over for a while, and I'm just now realizing how put to the side I was! You never cared about me, you did that for Elena, you'd do anything for Elena! So guess what Stefan, I'm done!" I yelled furiously.

"Hey you don't m.." He started.

"Mean that? Oh hell yes I do! I've had help to come to realization. I don't need you, and I especially don't care what happens to you and Elena. Part of me wishes I wouldn't have seen everything that happened at the quarry. But I did and I needed to.. So in the kindest way I know how to say this, stay the hell away from me!" I yelled and Damon grabbed on to my arm before I could leave.

"Hey, just take a minute to calm down." Damon said and I breathed in slowly.

"Let's just go." I said passing Stefan and out of the room where Elena was standing in shock.

"Roxanne.." Elena started.

"I loved your boyfriend, and I even kissed him.. But you won, like always." I said passing by her straight out the door only to be smacked across the back of the head.

I woke up with my headed pounding harder then before. I was in a dark place, I couldn't see anything around me. I tried getting up, but I felt like I was glued to the chair. My arms were locked to the arms and my chest to the back on the chair and my leg to the legs of the chair. A light started to flicker on from the outside and somebody was coming in through the door. He came over to where I was and poked my finger with a needle, to which I screamed at. He started pinching my blood into a little container. I tried moving but it was no use. He got up and walked out of the room. To me it felt like a vault, nobody would hear me if I screamed for help, and a it was a place where nobody would think to look. I heard the the door open again but I could see the figure in the darkness of the room.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I see you've already healed." The male voice replied.

"Your point?" I snapped.

"We're trying to figure out what you are." He said coming closer.

"If you let me go, maybe I'll tell you." I replied.

"We were told not to let you get involved in what's going down today, but we were never told what we could or couldn't do to you." He smiled stabbing my stomach with a wooden stake.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed. "What is with you people!?"

"If your not a vampire, what could you possibly be?" He questioned taking the stake from my stomach but it started healing immediately.

"Try that again and you'll be sorry you even messed with a Bennett bloodline." I growled.

"But your not just a witch are you? You're more then that." He said pulling out some type of herb from his pocket that smelled awful.

"God, what the hell is that!" I yelled angrily.

"It weakens witches, some type of herb created to diminish the power of dark witches." He replied.

"Ok, if you just let me go, I will promise to stay out of what ever I'm supposed to stay out of." I said in a low hopeful tone.

"You're gonna have to do better than that." He replied stabbing be in my thigh. "Tell you what, if you can get that out of your leg, we'll talk.. I'll give you 10 minutes."

"You're on." I growled trying to wiggle my leg somehow.

When he was gone I started repeating a spell that Bonnie's grandmother taught me. I remembered back to that day. She told me trouble was coming, and I needed to protect myself. After a few minutes all the locks came undone and I my hands were free. I quickly grabbed the stake and pulled it from my leg with a painful squeal. I threw it to the ground and stood up slowly. My arms hurt so bad but I was well enough to push through the pain. I picked up the stake again for self defense and opened the vault door with the same spell I had said to escape the chains. I had no idea where I was, but a part of me said not to go up the winding staircase. I pushed through the door near the stair case and saw the bright light of the sun. I was in the underground tunnel to The Grill. I started running up the steps when somebody grabbed my arm and I almost stabbed them with the stake. I was shocked to see Tyler.

"Hey, where have you been? Caroline sent out a search party for you.. Oh my god you're bleeding!" He said looking at my leg.

"I'm fine, I just need to find Damon." I replied turning to look around. "What time is it?"

"Roxanne what's going on? Should I call the police?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"Matt!" Tyler yelled as Matt walked out of The Grill. "Is the sheriff still in there?"

"Yeah. What's going on?" Matt called.

"Just go get her." Tyler said.

"Tyler I don't need to tell her anything. I need to find Damon." I said trying to get out of his grip.

"Stop fighting me, you know where this led last time." He growled just as Matt and the Sheriff ran out with a bunch of other people.

"What's going on? Oh Roxanne. You're hurt." Sheriff Forbes said touching the hole in my shirt.

"I'm fine, it's not my blood." I lied. "Honestly I don't need any help."

"Who did this to you?" She asked and then turned to call someone on her walky-talky.

"I don't know, there was a guy and he was ordered by someone to keep me locked up." I replied and a bunch of cars started pulling up to The Grill.

"Where did they have you captive?" She asked.

"The tunnel under The Grill, I don't know, they're probably gone." I responded looking to see Elena and Stefan getting out his car. Damon was right behind them.

"Roxanne?" She asked and I hadn't realized what she had said.

"Sorry, what?" I asked.

"What weapon did they use?" She asked again.

"A stake." I replied looking back to Damon moving through the crowd.

"A stake?" She asked.

"Yeah, a wooden stake. I dropped it somewhere in the tunnel, but it's there." I nodded looking over to where my Aunt and Alaric were pushing through the crowd.

"Can you describe what the man looked like?" She asked.

"It was too dark, but he had a masked English accent, and his eyes were piercing green, from what I could make out." I nodded.

"When did this happen." She asked and I totally ignored her.

"I-I don't know.." I responded before running in the direction of where Damon, Elena and Stefan stood. I past right by Stefan and ran into Damon's arms.

"Damon, something's not right." I whispered and there was a scream from across the lot.

"Damn it, why do you always have to be right." He sighed and I grabbed his hand as we ran to the scream.

"Oh my god." I could hear mustered words and once I was at the front I knew what happened. There was the guy who kidnapped me, tied up to a pole, choked to death.

"Damon." I said slowly looking around to see if there was a clue, and that's when I saw the paper hanging out of his jacket pocket.

"Stay back." The police started yelling.

"Don't grab it." Damon said trying to convince me to leave it there. I grabbed the paper that had my name written over it.

"You know what we're capable of, now stay out of it or another person dies because of you." I read in a hushed tone.

"Roxanne." Stefan and Elena caught up to us. I turned away and started ripping up the letter.

"I know who wrote this." I said throwing the pieces to the ground before walking away from the crowd of people.

"Are you going to tell us or keep us in the dark?" Stefan was behind me with Elena and Damon trailing behind.

"Honestly can you just leave me alone Stefan.. I thought I made everything clear. To all of you." I said, angrily walking away.

"Ok I know you're mad, but you never let me get a word in." Stefan said following me out of the crowd.

"I don't need you to explain yourself Stefan." I replied continuing to walk.

"But you don't know how I feel about this." He remarked and I stopped for a second.

"I'm supposed to care about how you feel.. When what you did, broke my heart?" I questioned angrily.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. You weren't supposed to see that." He said defending himself like it was life or death.

"Honestly Stefan, I'm done. I'm done with you, and us and anything that I thought could come out of this friendship. I can't take it any more." I replied turning to walk away only to have my wrist grabbed and my body turned back around.

"Well I'm not." He replied putting his hands on my cheeks, pulling me in tightly to kiss him.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked staring at him in shock.

"I-I don't know..." He said confused himself.

"I.. No. This is not happening." I said holding on to my head to show how stressed I was.

"I think we should talk. Privately. Just you and me. No interruption. We can figure things out." He replied.

"Let it go Stefan." I shook my head.

"You can't change the fact that something is going on between us." He said as I started to walk away.

"I'm not Katherine, Stefan. I'm not doing this.." I replied and I was glad to know that he wasn't following.

I finally could focus on what was right in front of me. My dream was becoming a reality. It was like everything I thought was some mistake untruth was now more real then ever. The note written to me came from my own flesh and blood, my mother Charlotte Bennett. I knew something wasn't right when she came into town only a few week ago. She was orchestrating a plan with none other then Elena's mother, Isobel. I new now what they were trying to accomplish. Make me scared so I talk Damon into giving them the device Pearl gave him. Well now that I know what truly is going on, I can use the note against them. Do something to them that they won't have time to fix there plans.

I walked angrily up the steps to the little motel I knew she was staying. All I could think about was strangling her so hard that she dies. But I'm not one to kill. I walked down to the door with the number she told me was hers. I used my power to blow open the door. I walked inside, but nobody was there. I walked around the room looking for something that could help with what they had planned. I saw a piece of paper on the desk near the bathroom so I went to check it out. It was a list of people to kill if I didn't cooperate. Number 1 on the list was Jeremy. I took the paper and crumpled it up before throwing it in the trash. I walked out of the room slamming the door behind me.

"Roxanne, what are you doing here?" Charlotte was right in front of me and who I thought to be Isobel was behind her.

"Stay the hell away from me!" I yelled.

"We only want to talk." Isobel spoke.

"About John Gilbert's device?" I asked. "I'm not stupid, I know what you're after."

"Your sister wasn't too insightful either." Isobel sighed.

"But you have a clear shot at getting us what we want." Charlotte smiled.

"I can't get it for you, because I don't know what it is." I lied. "And I don't know who has it."

"You know Damon has it." Isobel replied.

"Just because he has it doesn't mean he'll give it to me." I shrugged.

"We know what's going on... And if it's not obvious enough, you're making a big mistake." Isobel smiled. "But he trusts you.. So.."

"What if I don't feel like giving it to you?" I asked bravely.

"Then there will be consequences." Isobel said grabbing hold of my neck, choking me to death.

"Put her down." Charlotte said. "No harm is to come to her.

"Like this wasn't harmful at all!" I growled pointing at my leg and the hole in my shirt."

"That wasn't supposed to happen, you understand what happened to him." She shrugged. "Now, get us that device."

"He's not giving it up." I replied walking away angrily.

----------

"She's a rotten bitch who only cares about herself and I just feel like ripping her into pieces every time..." I said and stopped to think.

"You've been going at this for an hour, calm down." Damon said grabbing my arms to stop for a minute.

"She just makes me so frustrated." I sighed as he leaned down to kiss me.

"We'll figure out what to do. She's not going to do anything." He reassured me.

"Damon she wants the device, and she knows you have it." I replied.

"That's why I'm giving it to you." He said giving me a black symbol locket necklace. "No one will know."

"What does the symbol mean?" I asked putting it around my neck.

"Some witch symbol I found, it means trust or something." He shrugged.

"Thanks." I smiled, and we kissed again. "So about Charlotte.."

"Ok. Relax. This problem is not going any where anytime soon. We need to get your mind off things." He shrugged.

"Damon's right." Stefan's voice came from the entrance of the room. "What you need, is a distraction."

"Which Stefan would gladly take over for me while I run an errand." Damon replied.

"What errand?" I asked suspiciously.

"Distract." Damon snapped at Stefan and ran out of the house with his vampire speed.

"We talked earlier, this is going no where. Don't even try." I hissed.

"Exactly, nothing is going to happen... At all." He shrugged walking closely past me.

"Shouldn't you be with Elena?" I asked.

"Shouldn't you be angry?" He asked.

"Maybe I'm not one to show anger.." I smiled walking away. I was only met with him in front of me again.

"Oh really?" He smirked.

"This isn't going anywhere." I shrugged.

"I'm not doing anything." He shrugged holding his hands up in surrender.

"Good, because I'm never kissing you again." I responded.

"Ok." He nodded. "I just need you to know that I care about you. Don't ever think differently."

"Let's be honest Stefan.. If Elena and I were in danger, and you could only save one of us... Who would it be?" I questioned and he didn't respond. "That's what I thought."

"Roxanne please." He said grabbing my arm to not let me leave.

"I love you Stefan, but it's time for me to let go." I sighed a tear dripping from my eye. "I need the pain gone, I want it back to how it was. I can't feel like this anymore."

"You want me to compel you." He nodded understandingly.

"If it means I can talk to you without it being awkward or that I feel hatred towards you then yes." I smiled slightly.

"So it's like a clean slate, you won't be in love with me, you won't remember how much you hated me." He replied.

"Yes." I said softly.

"Ok, let's do this." He nodded and I took off my necklace.

"I just need you to know something first. If it came down to you or Damon, I'd pick you." I whispered and kissed his lips softly. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"You won't remember this conversation. You'll forget about the love you had for me and how I hurt you by choosing Elena. It won't be awkward anymore. We'll be friends again, and I'll still care about you no matter what you think. I love you, but you won't know that. Every horrible memory of our friendship falling apart will be gone." He said and when it was over, I blinked my eyes not remembering what happened, but he was gone.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I couldn't explain it, but a part of me was gone. It felt like compulsion but my necklace was still around my neck. I walked over to the mini bar as Damon puts it, and poured myself a bourbon. I ended up taking the whole bottle to the couch and drowning myself in it. I didn't really know how I was feeling, no hatred or love, or anger, or sadness. I felt completely and utterly empty. I know that we're still trying to get Isobel and Charlotte to go away and leave the device, but that wasn't even on my mind. I poured myself another drink, when I heard the door open. I took a sip of my drink and waited for someone to enter the room. For some reason I hoped it'd be Stefan, he'd always help me out if I'm not feeling the same.

"Hey, it's not even past noon. You shouldn't be drinking." Damon smiled walking into the room.

"You always drink before noon." I replied and he smiled again.

"So how was fun time with Stefan?" He asked.

"Stefan?" I questioned.

"Yeah, hero hair, protective best friend, idiot brother? Ring any bells?" He asked.

"I know who Stefan is dumb ass. We had an interesting time..." I lied. "You know what, I just realized I have to go help with the parade float."

"I thought we were ditching that." He groaned.

"You thought, I listened. Total difference." I smiled getting up off the couch.

"But we could have so much fun not building a parade float." He sighed pulling me down on top of him.

"I'll be dead if I'm not there." I shrugged. "So are you coming or not."

"Not. You're on your own for this one." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes getting off of him.

"How was your errand anyway?" I asked.

"Eventful." He replied. "Call me if you need anything."

"No promises." I nodded before leaving for the school.

When I got there I started looking around for Stefan.

"Roxanne!" Jeremy called and I turned to his direction.

"Hey, have you seen Stefan? I need to find him." I said looking around more.

"No, not lately. Listen, do you have a second?" He asked.

"Yeah. What's up? What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Well, it's Anna. I've left her all these messages and she hasn't gotten back to me, not even a text." He replied worriedly.

"Anna? I didn't know that you guys were still friends." I said a hint of anger running through me.

"We're more than friends. Look, something could be seriously wrong and if you know anything you've got to tell me." He demanded.

"I haven't talked to her, Jer." I shrugged.

"Are you lying to me right now?" He asked and I looked at him in shock.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Cause that's what you do. Lying. You lie about everything. I know what Anna is and I know that you know. So tell me, do you have any idea where she is?" He questioned angrier this time.

"No, but Jer... Jeremy wait!" I yelled but he started walking away. I turned around to see Charlotte behind me.

"Charlotte. What are you doing here?" I growled.

"I'm your mother, Roxanne. I want to be more involved in your life." She smiled.

"I don't want you in my life." I replied.

"I understand that. You already have a lot of people that you care about but I've been studying. Let's see if I got this right." She smiled looking at Bonnie. "There is the witchy best friend, Bonnie. Gonna stay away from that one. She knows to much about me."

"And there's Caroline... obnoxious Caroline. I got all of my info from her by the way. She had no idea who I was and she wouldn't stop yapping." She smiled and looked at Tyler and Matt. "Oh... And there's Tyler, friend, ex, and his best friend Matt, yappy's future ex.. Lots of connection there."

"Matt and Tyler are not involved in this." I growled.

"They're involved with you, aren't they?" She asked with a smile.

"Look, you shouldn't be here. You need to leave." I hissed angrily.

"No, I have some friends here too. Look, you see that man over here, standing next to Matt by the Float? His name is Frank, he's very handsome and he's also quite handy and he'd noticed that the axles are a little rustywhich is very dangerous. So, all you have to do is apply a little bit of pressure and..." she smiled.

"No!" I yelled just as he jumped on the trailer above Matt and crushed his arm, I tried running to help but Charlotte grabbed me.

"Get this trailer! Come on guys help me!" Matt yelled and Tyler rushed to move the trailer. Stefan swooped in and lifted the trailer to let Matt free.

"Why are you doing this?" I growled.

"I'm showing you how easy it is to hurt the people that you care about." She smiled.

All this for a stupid invention?" I asked angrily.

"Hand it over and all will be stopped." She replied calmly.

"I told you, Damon is not going to give it to me." I lied.

"I think that you underestimate how much Damon cares about you." She replied.

"He'll kill you before he gives it up." I growled.

"Is that before or after I kill your brother Jeremy?" I turned to look at Jeremy but he was gone.

"Jeremy?" I yelled only to have Charlotte gone and nothing left but fear.

"Rox?" Stefan asked.

"They took Jeremy." I replied worriedly.

"Come with me." He nodded taking my hand as we ran towards his car.

"Stefan, I have to ask you something." I said getting into the passenger seat.

"What?" He perked up.

"Damon came back from what ever he was doing, and he said you were at the house.. Why don't I remember?" I asked as he started the car.

"You want the truth, or me to lie like you asked?" He questioned and I paused to think.

"I want the truth even if I asked you not to tell me." I replied looking out the window.

"I compelled you to forget all the horrible stuff we went through." He sighed.

"I feel so empty." I said plainly.

"I took away a part of you, it's supposed to feel that way." Stefan nodded.

"What if I want you to undo it?" I asked.

"I promised I wouldn't. You wanted it gone, the memories, the pain..." He said.

"Why did I do that.." I asked shaking my head in confusion. "God, I'm such an idiot."

"Hey. You were just doing what was best for you. You're not an idiot." Stefan replied touching his hand to mine.

"It must have been pretty horrible if I asked you to compel me." I sighed.

"Well it wasn't all fun and games if that's what you're thinking." He replied with a joking smile.

"You're a really good person Stefan." I smiled.

"You didn't think that this morning." He shrugged.

"I don't remember what I said, but I apologize." I smiled. "Wait... This morning..."

"I know you slept with Damon." He nodded. "If that's what you want, Then I can't judge you."

"I honestly don't know how this all turned into such a mess in the first place." I sighed.

"Trust me, you're better off not knowing." He replied parking the car in front of the boarding house.

"So we came here why?" I asked.

"We need the invention from Damon, and Bonnie and Elena found something in a Grimoire." Stefan replied getting out of the car quickly.

"But Damon doesn't exactly have the invention, Stefan." I said and he turned around in confusion.

"What do you mean he doesn't have it?" He asked surprised.

"I do." I nodded.

"And you didn't think to bring that up?!" He exclaimed.

"I promised I wouldn't tell anyone." I replied.

"So where is it?" He asked just as Elena and Bonnie pulled up.

"Come on, we're wasting time!" Elena yelled. "Every minute we spend trying to get the invention from Damon is another Jeremy doesn't have."

"Roxanne has it." Stefan said calmly.

"What happened to not telling anyone!" I yelled in disbelief.

"It's a weapon against vampires, Roxanne. Bonnie can undo it's magic." Elena said.

"Which means if we give it to Isobel without it's spell, then Damon and I are safe." Stefan nodded.

"How do we know it'll work?" I asked.

"We don't, but it's worth a shot." Bonnie replied.

"Fine." I nodded taking the necklace off and throwing it to Elena.

"I promise this will be the end of Isobel and Charlotte.." Stefan said calmly.

"Just keep me out of it." I replied walking past them into the house.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Damon asked coming down the stairs from his room.

"I need a distraction." I replied walking over to where he stood.

"What happened?" He asked as Elena, Stefan and Bonnie entered.

"I gave the invention to them." I sighed.

"You what?!" He exclaimed.

"Bonnie's going to unspell it." Elena nodded.

"I trusted you." Damon said to me hurt and anger in his tone.

"And I trust Bonnie." I replied.

"I thought you realized what I was trying to do by giving it to you." He growled. "This was a mistake."

"Damon." I started.

"You were a mistake." He replied using his vampire speed to get out of the house.

"We need to do this now." Elena said walking into the library with Bonnie.

"Roxanne?" Stefan asked as a tear slipped off my cheek.

"I'm fine, just go." I said whipping the tears from my face and walking to the door.

"Damon's just hurt." Stefan replied.

"No, he's right Stefan. Sleeping with him was a mistake and I'm going to have to live with that forever." I replied.

"I can compel.." He started.

"No, not this. I need to feel this." I shook my head angrily walking into the library.

"It's done." Bonnie said and Elena nodded.

"Great, what do we do now?" I asked.

"We give it to Isobel." Elena replied almost immediately after, I got a text from Charlotte.

"I'm going. Alone." I replied taking the device off the table.

"But you.." Elena started.

"I'm dealing with my mother, by myself." I hissed.

"At least let Stefan go with you." She said and I looked at him.

"Fine. Town Square at midnight." I nodded walking away.

Sooner rather then later I was on my way to the town square. I tried looking for Damon, to try and search for an apology, but I realized it wasn't going to happen. Apparently Charlotte and Isobel hadn't shown up yet. Stefan parked next to my car and hugged me tightly before I left his side. I was ready to get this over with. I didn't want any part in it any more. Once the device was in their hands, they'd leave us alone. I waited for a while longer until I saw two cars parking next to the side walk of the square. Charlotte and Isobel started walking my way and I was prepared for whatever they had to say. I tightened my grip on the device as they stopped in front of me.

"Where is the device?" Isobel asked no emotion what so ever.

"Where is my brother?" I asked angrily.

"This isn't a negotiation. Where is the invention?" Isobel growled.

"Where is my brother?" I repeated.

"Do you really think that we came alone?" Charlotte said and two people arrived behind me.

"Did you really think that I came alone?" I asked and I was shocked to see Damon standing next to Stefan.

"For god sakes, call home." Isobel sighed.

"What?" I questioned in confusion.

"Call home and ask to speak to your brother Jeremy." Charlotte replied as I quickly dialed the home phone.

"Hello?" Jeremy's voice was on the other end.

"Jeremy, are you okay?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, Uncle John hit his head. It was an accident." He replied. "But yeah I'm okay."

"I'll be home soon, alright?" I replied waiting for his response.

"Yeah." He replied before hanging up.

"You were never gonna hurt him." I said angrily.

"No, I was going to kill him. Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any." Charlotte smiled.

"But you took a risk with Damon. How did you know that he was gonna give it to me?" I asked not being able to look at him while I was talking.

"Because he's in love with you." Isobel smiled and I handed the device to Charlotte.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

"For being such a monumental disappointment. It keeps the memory of my real mother perfectly intact." I nodded.

"Goodbye, Roxanne. As long as you have a Salvatore on each arm, you're doomed. Katherine was smart. She got out. But we all know that you're not Katherine." Charlotte smiled and then they were gone. I looked at both Stefan and Damon and walked right into Stefan's embrace. I looked at Damon who looked at me in disappointment.

"Let's get you back to the house." Stefan whispered quietly.

"I hope you mean my house, because I've had enough for one day." I replied. "I just want to see my brother, Stefan."

--------------

"Jeremy we have to talk about all this." I said walking into his room.

"No, we really don't." He replied.

"I don't know what Anna told you but there are things that you need to know." I said calmly.

"Yeah? Because I'm pretty sure that Elena's journal covered it." He nodded and I looked at him confused.

"Then why are you mad at me?" I asked. "It wasn't my journal."

"Because you knew about these things and you lied to me." He said angrily. "And save me the speech about invasion of privacy because I read a section about Damon erasing my memory, about what happened to Vicki."

"Jeremy, please, you don't understand. The night that Vicki died, it was like mom and dad died all over again. It was all over your face and it hurt so much to see you like that. I just wanted to take away your pain. I'm so sorry." I said.

"Get out!" He yelled.

"No Jeremy.." I started.

"Roxanne! Just get out. Please." He said and I walked out the bathroom way.

"Jer, I...." I started only to have the door slammed in my face.

"Sucks doesn't it. To feel so much pain?" Damon asked, sitting on my bed.

"I'm tired Damon. I don't feel like doing this right now." I replied.

"I watched you walk right into my brothers arms tonight, like I was nothing to you." He said angrily.

"I was a mistake remember Damon. Stefan was the only person there that I could actually trust." I growled.

"Have you forgotten what Stefan put you though!?" He exclaimed.

"Yes. I did. I made him compel me. All the horrible things he did, they're gone, and I don't want them back." I replied.

"So you can forgive him, but I'm just nothing." He nodded.

"You want my forgiveness Damon? Then show me, show me I can forgive you, just as much as I could forgive Stefan." I replied. "Why did you come tonight?"

"I came, because I care. I care how you feel, I care that you're safe, I care Roxanne... about you." He said before cupping my cheeks and pulling me in to kiss him. "So I'm sorry that I was mean to you today, I didn't mean it."

"Apology accepted." I nodded, kissing him again. "Now what?"

"I'm not going any where." He shrugged and I pushed him down on my bed.

----------Author's Note----------

Hope you all enjoyed the twists and turns of this chapter. So the next chapter is actually the last one of this book. But the next book with be in progress shortly after the last chapter is posted!

I enjoy writing this so much. The vampire diaries is one of my favorite shows and just getting to add my own character, makes me very happy.

So please, if you enjoyed this chapter, give it a like. Comment and follow me if you'd like.

**Oh and I hope you guys like the new cover photo!! I made it myself!!! :)

xoxo ~Lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 54 1
π–Έπ—ˆπ—Žπ–³π—π—‚π—‡π—„ π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖳𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖽 π–³π—ˆ 𝖒𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖺, π–‘π—Žπ— π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž π–£π—ˆπ—‡'𝗍 π–ͺπ—‡π—ˆπ— π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖳𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖽 π—π—ˆ 𝖬𝗒 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖲𝗍...
386K 11K 23
(SEQUEL TO I'M NOT KATHERINE SO READ THAT FIRST!) Damon's humanity is back but only to disappears when Karin's death crushes his soul. Is Karin gone...
1M 44.9K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
74.7K 1.2K 14
"You can take the girl out of the isle but you can't take the isle out of the girl." Arabelle, the daughter of Anastasia. Lives on the Isle with her...