Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites

Dear Diary,

Tonight's the first football game of the season. Elena's quit the cheer team and Stefan made the football team easily. Tyler tried humiliating him while we were talking by throwing a football at him. But Stefan turned around just in time to catch the football. During the week Elena invited Bonnie and Stefan over for dinner since Bonnie thinks there's something off about Stefan. It's just something a witch or whatever can figure out. Bonnie's getting there with Stefan. Unexpectedly Damon showed up with Caroline. Stefan and I tried stopping Elena from inviting him in but she did it any way. So Damon's officially been invited in. I'm learning to sleep with my eyes open just in case he attacks me in the middle of the night. So now I'm just waiting for Elena so we can go to The Grill before the game. Stefan's finally giving the vervain necklace to her. Thank God! I don't think any of us can take one more minute of Damon...

I shut my diary and stood up from my bed. Elena had just left to run an errand for Aunt Jenna. It gave me time to change before heading to The Grill. I changed into light blue skinny jeans, a sky blue tribal tank top, black gladiator sandals, and some black and blue bracelets. I've kept on the vervain necklace at all times. I grabbed my white purse and some pink rimmed sunglasses in case I'd need them. I looked at myself in my mirror, my hair was perfectly curled and resting on my shoulders. I looked good enough for tonight. I checked outside the window to see Stefan walking up our driveway. I walked downstairs and opened the door exactly when Stefan was about to knock. He was in his maroon colored jersey, blue jeans, and sneakers. His hair was perfectly spiked up as normal. I invited him inside and we walked into the kitchen.

"Are you here to pick up Elena?" I asked wondering why he'd be here and not The Grill with everyone else.

"Actually it's about Damon." He replied making me spit out the water I had in my mouth after taking a sip from my glass.

"I don't want anything to do with Damon." I replied calmly. "He's an idiot and deserves all the pain that comes to him."

"I'm trying to prove that he's got his humanity back. I just need your help." He sighed. "He's been acting strange.."

"He tried to kill me Stefan, there's nothing human about him.." I replied angrily. "He can do anything now, he's been invited in."

"But we double crossed him, I'd probably try and kill him if I could... He's just.." Stefan paused to think.

"Damon?" I answered with a sigh.

"You should really learn to lock your doors, you never know who or what could get in." Damon's voice came from the open door. "Like I don't know.... Me?"

"Why are you here Damon?" I asked annoyed. "Elena's going to be back and I don't want to explain why your here."

"You know, scoping the neighbor hood, drinking some blood, getting ready for my baby bros football game." He smiled that famous killer curvy smile.

"Let's be honest Damon, you don't care about anybody but yourself. Now seriously, what do you want from us?" I asked.

"Now that Stefan knows, we're going to play this my way. I need a witch, and it's kind of hard when nobody want to help get Katherine back. So now since I have nothing to loose, I need you to get the Bennett witch to cooperate." Damon replied.

"You really think I'm going to help you after everything you've done? Your sadly mistaken Damon. I will never help you." I growled.

"Did I not make myself clear? I have nothing to loose any more and a billion people I could kill. Maybe I'll go for Tyler next.." He smiled deviously.