His Hidden Wife (A Justin Bie...

By juliethirteen

How do you make someone fall in love with you when he's in love with somebody else? You don't. You can't. You... More

BLURB + Prologue
Chapter One (Andrea)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty (.5)
Chapter Twenty One (Justin)
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six (Jacques)
Chapter Twenty Seven (Justin)
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty (.5)
Chapter Thirty One (Selena)
Chapter Thirty Two (Andrea)
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Eight (.5)
Chapter Thirty Nine (Justin)
Chapter Forty (Selena)
Chapter Forty One (Justin)
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three (Andrea)
Chapter Forty Four (Justin)
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six (Andrea)
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Ending Chapter (Part 1)
Ending Chapter (Part 2)
Epilogue (Justin)
A Short Chap: That time when Justin told Elise

Chapter Sixteen

90.9K 2.1K 1.3K
By juliethirteen

16 – Cadbury

~*~
'Time knows no mercy.
- k.tolnoe
~*~

The scent of cinnamon filled my nostrils as I regained consciousness. My mouth felt a little bit dry; a thirst I needed to quench. Fluttering my eyes open, I first saw a familiar white painted ceiling and a customized light candle globe chandelier.

I was in my room...at my father's house.

When I moved, I felt the IV drip attached on my hand. A sigh escaped my lips before I closed my eyes. Memories from when I was younger heaped my thoughts. A series of not knowing when to go out and play because I wasn't allowed to and because I can't do so.

I'm not supposed to feel everything too deeply. But then, here I am. Back to my own affliction.

When I heard the door slightly screeched, I opened my eyes and found Dr. Mason Jenkins. He was in his neat blue long sleeved Ralph Lauren polo tucked under his black slacks. Small wrinkly lines shown on his forehead — maybe due to his work done for almost 20 years now — as he offered a gentle smile. His green irises found my hazel ones.

"I'm glad you're awake now Andi." He said, making his way towards me. He's a close friend of my dad. He had always been there. "Do you want to drink water? You've been asleep for a day."

My eyes widened in incredulity.

"Your body needed the rest." He stated.

"W-what..." I croaked as I tried to sit in a comfortable position. Dr. Mason helped me. "... time is... it?"

"It's 9 in the morning." He then offered me a glass of water that was placed near a table. I gulped it down.

So the whole catastrophe exchanged between Justin and I happened yesterday.

"Is dad..." I trailed off. My mind flew in different scenarios how dad could've acted when he saw me out of my consciousness or when he saw me with Jacques in such state at an ungodly hour. "Jacques..."

"Anthony and Jacques are talking in the study room." I looked at him in curiosity. "Your dad hasn't left your side since yesterday and that young man is persistent with his... questions."

I pursed my lips. "You mean..."

"I can see the young Wagner has good intentions and can be trusted. If he knows, I believe he won't look at you any less."

I sighed. "Well Stephen and Scarlet will going to sulk."

"They'll understand." He chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm... fine."

"How's the hollow muscular organ?" He asked in a way that is comical. Just like he always did.

I tried to smile. "It's still beating."

He looked at his notes before he stared at me. "Andrea your father is worried." He started. "Don't run away from it."

"I know." I replied. "I'm just scared Dr. Mason."

Soft, quiet knocks resounded outside the door. The knob twisted and the marble plank got pushed; Dad and Jacques appeared with sullen faces but as soon as they saw me, it was quickly changed between worry and relief.

"Andi." Dad stated, his steps hurrying to come closer. He was in his simple white polo and pants. He looked nowhere going back to his fieldwork.

I pushed a smile. "Hi dad." Staring at the person behind him, I acknowledged his presence as well. "Jacques."

Dad then embraced me in a warm hug, giving me enough space to breathe in and for him to have me in his arms.

"You have me worried young lady! Do you know how scared I was to find you at 3 in the morning, out of your wits and barely moving?" He ranted. "I swore I almost lost all my morals and punched the kid who was carrying you."

"Dad I'm fine now." I whispered, trying to calm him down. He pulled away, only for him to hold both my shoulders and stared at my face, trying to find if there's anything out of place.

"She's okay Anthony." Dr. Mason muttered in assurance at the side.

"She should be." Dad said sternly, his eyes never leaving me. "Don't do that again please Andrea."

"Dad..."

"Just please... please Andi." I nodded. Even though we both knew what really lies ahead. "Just stay here. For now. Until I know you'll be alright."

"I will dad so please breathe. I'm fine. I'll stay here."

It's not like I have somewhere to be.

When I felt someone else's eyes glued solely to me, I met Jacques's stare. He looked like I was going to disappear right before him. He looked... a little scared. And a bit relieved. He looked like he wanted to hug me.

I smiled at him. He tried to smile back. But his gentle eyes looked like he was about to cry.

And that's when I knew, he had pushed all the right questions for my father to give him honest answers.

"Can Jacques and I talk?" I said.

Dad didn't move though. He stayed still in his place, as if it was fine with him to hear what conversation Jacques and I would talk about.

"Anthony I have something to discuss." Dr. Mason intervened.

"I'm fine—"

Dr. Mason grunted as he pulled my father away. I find it funny that him and dad though at the peak of their careers, achieved a lot throughout their friendship, had people looked up to them, still pick on each other like little kids.

Real friendship just goes better with age I guess.

"Let's go Anthony."

"Lucky bastard to have a son as a child." Dad replied underneath his breath but it was too silent for not anyone who's in ear shot could not hear him.

"Language Price."

"Oh shut up Jenkins." Dad muttered. "Wagner, five minutes tops." He added with a warn.

"Yes sir."

As soon as the door was closed, Jacques stepped forward. He had a small tight smile painted across his face and I tried to return the gesture as genuinely as I could.

"Are you... okay now?" He asked, a little bit hesitant.

I nodded. "Did dad ask? Did you tell him?"

He heaved a sigh. "I have to."

"All of it?"

"Its the only way for me to find out about the whole thing. Your dad wanted a trade. And I wanted to know the truth." He took a seat near my bed. His eyes never looking far away.

I sighed. "Ah, the business man in him."

"Andi?"

"Yeah?"

"You'll be fine. I know you will."

I didn't say anything. I just... smile.

"Is that it?"

"No. Well, maybe half of it." I said.

"When we were still kids huh?"

"Summer vacations. Dad's business ventures. Plays I want to watch." I recited as I recalled.

"Don't..." he trailed. His head hung low fighting the words he wanted to say. He looked down at his hands so I tried to reach for him and pat his head just to humor him... just so he won't feel the sadness... just so he wouldn't cry.

"There, there Annoying Thief. I won't so cheer up." I cooed. But his hand only balled into fists. 

"I'll be here whenever you need me."

I smiled. "Thank you Jacques, for everything."

I've been staying in the manor with dad for a week now. And I missed it. I missed being a kid. Having no burdens over your shoulders. Just choosing what kind of flavor you want for your ice cream. If you're in luck then you can have both. But if your teeth is in pain or when you are sick, then you can have none. Little things that were bigger parts of a younger heart. You only know the kind of pain when you would trip or when you can't have your candy and chocolate before meal time.

It's the simple things. And I have lots of memories of it inside this home. The walls that have seen how I grew up, went away and now is back.

Ryan and Chaz visited me the day after I woke up. Scarlet the night before and Stephen just after Ryan and Chaz. They've heard I was staying with my dad. And they have already guessed for the worst. Though I didn't exactly tell them what really happened in details, I just gave them a simple, 'I got tired'. I didn't want to go through the scene in the club over and over again. I just wanted to forget it. I couldn't let myself feel the pain in cycle. It's draining. And Dr. Mason strictly told me to stay away from stress. I haven't been to school as well.

Yesterday, I found out Stephen had a bruise and Scarlet had slapped Justin. To say I was surprised was an understatement. I almost jumped out of bed and told our family driver to prepare the car because I was going out. But I hindered myself to do so. I even went as far as to not hear what exactly happened. Because I knew nothing good came out of it. And I just don't want to think anymore.

Pattie and Jeremy visited the other day and as originally planned, I told them I just wanted to have time for myself, apart from Justin. And even though they hesitated, they just let me be. Well, dad talked to them afterward.

Jacques would visit every chance he'd get. Not too often because dad did not like the idea that some guy is just lurking around the house when he's not here.

I felt my phone vibrated that I held it out for me to see.

Husband-tard 💓❤️💑 calling...

Cancelling it for the umpteen times, I sighed. I don't know why he's calling. Wouldn't it be the best time for him to find his own peace of mind? Why would he want to hear from me when he always wanted me out of his life?

I'm sad again. I've always been sad but these past days have been sadder. Gloomier.

'I hate you.'

I closed my eyes tightly as I could feel my heart shattering into fragments. How did I end up here? How did I end up hating the person I love?

"I'm sorry Justin." I whispered into the wind. I need a distraction. I can't drown in my own thoughts again.

"You'll have him as your newly assigned driver." Antonio stated as he introduced a man, a few years older than I was dressed in a neat tuxedo. It almost got me confused since he was wearing Armani. Huh.

His blonde locks was pushed on one side in a clean, distinguished style. I raised an eyebrow when his upper lip looked like he was smirking. His blue ocean eyes emitted a lot of mischief. He had an air of arrogance around him but maybe that's just me.

I told Antonio I wanted to go out. But first he needed to check on my father. Thirty minutes later and I was faced with this stranger whose name is Brandon. Just Brandon.

"You should never let Miss Andrea out of your sight. When she needs you, you'll have to come over at her disposal in any given circumstances." Antonio recited that I gaped when I saw the Brandon guy almost roll his eyes. "Mister Brandon, the results will modify depending on your actions. So I suggest you remember what you're obliged to do."

"Yes sire." He saluted.

"Miss Andrea, do call if something happens." Antonio reminded me.

I nodded. "I will. Thank you Ronaldo."

When I was inside the SUV and we were off the road, heading to Walmart — I just needed to distract myself and strange as it seems, I enjoy doing the grocery, it makes me get off thinking — I tried not to stare at the person driving in front.

He looked like he was too carefree to have the job. I assume Antonio would know if a person they'd hire around the household deserve the spot. And I may not have the total capacity to judge one's character, I could already feel how Brandon was just pushed into this. He's acting as if he was somewhere to be yet doesn't have a choice now. He actually looked a little bit irritated. How I find it uncomfortable.

"You can always resign." I muttered as I stared outside the moving vehicle.

"Are you talking to me?" He taunted.

I pursed my lips. "You look like you can afford to lose the job." Well he looks like he didn't want this either.

"Oh I didn't know you're like those people who put labels according to what a person wears."

My jaw fell ajar. "Stop putting words into my mouth."

"Oops. Sorry maam."

The nerve of this guy!

I huffed and decided not to talk throughout the whole car ride. I just don't get it how he nailed the job. He's the first person who acted like this  towards me. I mean, did I do something wrong? Sure you'd meet people who at first glance you wouldn't jive into. Not everyone will like you. But is it that necessary to come off as disrespectful and rude? Or that's just him?

It feels as if he's not used to people barking orders at him. He's used to having it in reverse. And it shows.

Is he one of dad's apprentices? And this is just those tasks dad wanted him to do? Well, clearly he's not doing a job well done.

As soon as we were inside the establishment, he, of all people, looked out of place. He stood as if this was the first time he was inside such establishment. I ignored him and tried to put as much distance as possible since I grew uncomfortable when people would glance our way. When we were near the candy and chocolate isle, he opened his rude mouth once again.

"Sour patch, Gummy worms, Kitkats, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Nerds." He recited when he saw the things I was placing inside my cart. "I didn't know you wanted diabetes and rotten teeth?"

"Well someone had a rough childhood." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"You really think I'll eat all of these in one go? And there's a toothbrush and toothpaste for a reason." I retaliated back.

"The weight you're going to gain?"

I felt my mouth dropped open. "What?" He just raised an eyebrow. "Look here, Brandon, I don't care who you are. You were employed and tasked to do your job. If you're going to make this difficult by making unnecessary comments, just keep your mouth shut before I'll tell my father why it's necessary to fail you."

Stomping my way in the opposite direction, I huffed. Its so hard to meet people who has pure and kind intentions these days.

"Don't walk too fast." I heard him complained.

Just to annoy him more, I switched on another isle and then turned left, then right. I was running a bit. Not caring where to go just as long as I'll lost him. How lucky I was that he didn't know how this place works because when I looked back, I found no trace of him.

Good.

But just when I turned around, I bumped to a rock wall, almost making me stumble back if only someone didn't hold my shoulders.

"Sorry." "I'm sorry."

When I looked up, I thought time stood still and everything stopped. Its just that I did not expect to see him again. Not right now. Not when I don't have any ideas how to properly face him. Not when I'm still mad and hurt.

He had his chocolate brown eyes widened in surprise. He was stunned as I was.

His black hoodie was almost covering his face. He looked like he was trying to hide from people. I glanced down to see him holding packs of Sour Patch and bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk.

"Andrea." He whispered.

I blinked. How am I supposed to do this?

"MISS ANDREA?!" Brandon's voice echoed which made me and Justin turned our heads to the side. "ANDREA PRICE WHERE ARE YOU?!" He yelled with such irritated tone. "SHIT! ANDREA WHERE ARE YOU?! YOUR DAD'S GOING TO KILL ME!"

I was stuck again. In a place where I don't know how or when should I move.

"Justin?" Nana's gentle voice called from behind him. So I quickly turned away.

"Andrea." Justin called. But I found myself walking in a fast pace. I have to. I need to.

"THERE YOU ARE!" Brandon's voice stated in relief and irritation. "Do you have any idea—" he stopped mid sentence when he saw me. And god I hated myself for showing weakness in front of a stranger.

"Don't ask." I croaked as I looked away. "Let's go." I said, pushing the cart to his direction and walking away. Leaving him to get out of that place and breathe.

He doesn't even like chocolates. Nana doesn't even eat chocolates. Stupid Justin.

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 775 52
Have you ever been kissed while your heart shatters? I have.
41K 849 43
I've always seen myself getting married when I was older. Having kids, having a great husband who loves me, having a big house, having everything. Ne...
404K 14.6K 50
How can you love someone if you can't be faithful ......
166 23 17
What happens when you love someone but that person is in love with someone else. And when finally you get to confess your love, his past returns back...