The Eyes Of A Seeker

Galing kay MonsterDynasty

Zoe Isabella Snape, well, you can clearly figure out who's daughter she is... But then again, she doesn't. Sh... Higit pa

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Gifted
Author's Note
Chapter 2: Little Whinging
Chapter 3: 11 years later
Chapter 4: The Vanishing Glass
Chapter 5: A Letter from Hogwarts
Chapter 6: Hagrid
Chapter 7: Leaky Couldron
Chapter 8: Unwanted Attention
Chapter 9: Diagon Alley
Chapter 10: Platform 9 3/4
Chapter 11: Breathtaking Blue, Starry Eyes
Chapter 12: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 13: Potions Master
Chapter 14: Draco's a Dragon
Chapter 15: Visions, a Parchment and a Box
Chapter 16: Professor Quirrell
Chapter 17: Dark Lord
Chapter 18: Professor who?
Chapter 19: Pug-face and Ferret
Chapter 20: Three-Headed Dog
Chapter 21: Spilling the beans
Chapter 22: Troll in the Dungeon!
Chapter 23: Friendly Slytherins
Chapter 24:What's Happening?
Chapter 25: The Sorting Hat's Mistake
Chapter 26: Sassy pants
Chapter 27: Malum Potum
Chapter 28: Detention for Pranking
Chapter 29: Language of Death
Chapter 31: Diary of Death
Chapter 32: Chat with Death
Chapter 33: Sorcerer's Stone
Chapter 34: Through the Trapdoor
Chapter 35: Face of Fire

Chapter 30: Restricted Section

1.1K 33 4
Galing kay MonsterDynasty

Zoe's POV

I was sitting on our library as I search and search about anything related to a speaker of death.. and I feel that I was close to find my answers..

Oh who am I kidding?! I was far from finding my answers! I groaned as I banged my head on the thick book infront of me.

"Where (bang) in the name (bang) of Merlin (bang) are you?!" I said banging my head... I've been in the library everyday, after finishing my homework I search every book that can help me define what that bloody centaur said about me... I remembered Hagrid say that I should talk to Professor Dumbledore about this but I felt that it's too personal and I should talk to Professor Dumbledore as a last resort if I really can't find any information about it.

I've seen Hermione here as well, but she's with Ron and Harry most of the time. It's as if they were searching for a book they too couldn't find... I was just so focused on finding the right book that I didn't ask them what they were looking for and maybe I could help and they could do the same for me, making things easier.

Harry and I are in good terms but we weren't as close as we were before we went here to Hogwarts. He seems to be having his own business, as if he's keeping a secret with the other two. I know they'll tell me if I ask but right now I don't really feel like doing so, it's like I'm prying to some people's business.

"No progress I see." I looked up to see Draco looking down at me, he was wearing his cloak with the Slytherin scarf proudly around his neck.

"No... I see you're heading back home for the holidays."

"Yes.. My father was invited by the Minister of Magic himself to accompany him on a vacation in Greenland and he wishes my mom and I to come with him." He says proudly with a smirk.

"That sounds great Draco. I hope you enjoy your holidays."

"Aren't you going home to celebrate the Holidays with your parents?"

"Nope.. They have a business trip in Ireland and they'll be celebrating the Holidays with their focus on work... Besides, I haven't found anything about a speaker of Death."

I watched as Draco took a deep breath and reached the book infront of me, closed it, and returned it to where it was before I took it. As he returned, he grab a hold of my hand and dragged me outside the library.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, still being dragged by Draco.

"Great Hall... you've been in that bloody library everyday that I thought you lived there. You eat a little, sleep little and communicate little.. You need to stop searching for that bloody book because you're missing the fun! It's the holidays, it's best if you have fun."

"but I need answers.." I whined as we were walking to our table and Draco munching a piece of cupcake.

"I know how you want to find answers but you should have fun first okay? I'm off. Happy Christmas Zoe." Draco hugged me and then gave one last smile as he left the Great Hall.

I huffed and looked around. The Great Hall wasn't packed of students because majority of them would spend the holiday with their parents... My eyes stopped scanning my surroundings when I saw Ron and Harry focused on something infront of them. Since I had nothing better to do I stood up from my place on the Slytherin table and sat beside Harry and saw what they were doing.

"Woah," I silently said as I saw what they were playing

"Hey Zoe" Harry and Ron said, I nodded my head in acknowledgement as I continue to stare at the moving chess pieces as they murder each other into pieces.

"What are you guys playing?" I asked, smiling as Harry's knight was brutally shattered by Ron's Queen.

"It's Wizard's Chess it is" Ron said proudly.

"You know how to play?" Harry asked me as he furrowed his eyebrows, thinking of his next move. I shook my head and stared at the magical snow on the ceiling as it slowly fell from above but never seem to touch the ground.

"Hi Zoe" someone said beside me. I looked at my right to see Hermione smiling at me and I smiled back.

"You're not coming home for the holiday's?" Hermione asked me

"My parents are having a business trip." She nodded in understanding.

"I see you've packed." Ron said. Hermione nodded

"I see you haven't."

"Change of plans.. Me parents are going to Romania to visit my brother Charlie"

I heard Harry huff as he looked at Hermione with a frustrated face.

"We haven't found anything about Nicholas Flammel yet! And there's nothing about him in the bloody library!"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard the name "Nicholas Flammel"... It sounds familiar and I think I've read it in one of the advance books Professor Snape gave me. As I look at Hermione, she leaned on the table and had a smirk plastered on her face.

"Not in the restricted section... Happy Holidays" She said and winked at me as she took hold of her luggage and went out, her wavy hair swaying left and right.

"Restricted section? Where books are all about the dark arts?"  I looked at Harry and Ron and the both of them shrugged. Suddenly, an idea popped in my head and I smiled wide, making the both of them look at me in a weird way.

"Uhm.. Zoe.. Are you okay?"

"Never better!! Goodluck with your game! I have to go!"  I said as i run as fast as I can and ran my way to the Slytherin dorm and into my room.

It makes perfect sense now! The restricted area in the library has books which students are forbidden to read unless they have a note from a certain Professor. Majority of the books in the restricted section is about the Dark Arts... It makes sense that this Speaker of Death is related to Dark Magic... I just have to find it.. But I can't go in there without a note from a Professor.. Would Professor Snape give me a note if I told him the reason behind it? Maybe, maybe not...

"It's been awhile since my last mischief.. Maybe it's about time to make another one." I smirk as I walk to my shelves and scan the books as I find the right book

"Aha! There you are" I said as I take a thick, blue book out and placed it on my table.

"Advance Potion Making.... Tell me how I could make an invisibility potion." I muttered as I flip the pages, finally stopping to see what I was looking for. I took a piece of parchment and wrote down the ingredients needed. After this I stood up and walked briskly out of my room and to where the ingredients are stored.

******

After hours of making the potion I was finally done. And now for the hard part, estimating the time the potion would work. According to the book, it may vary to the amount I drink. I guess I should just drink half and bring the flask with me. I took deep breaths as I walk around my room, reciting my plans over and over to ensure no mistake would happen.

"Drink the potion, walk silently on the halls of Hogwarts, go to the restricted section, find the book and silently return here... Okay.. I think that's enough reciting" I said as I looked at the flask where a water-like substance is and drank half its contents. I felt a tingle in my feet as it slowly moves up, making me wiggle a bit. As the feeling stopped, I walked to my mirror and stared at myself, only that I was transparent and I was looking at the mirrored reflection of my room. 

As silent as I can be, I walked my way to the library with no encounters on Professors or Prefects that were roaming the area. As I entered the library I was engulfed with utter darkness, with only the light of the full moon giving me sight of my way. I walk quickly yet quietly to the restricted section and unlocked the lock that separates the restricted section to the main library. 

As I entered the restricted section, the atmosphere felt different than the main library. It was cold and it sent shivers down my spine. It felt like i wasn't welcome here and that I would be in danger if I ever steal a book here.. Which is totally true, not to mention a deduction of house points and another detentions.. But I'm not stealing a book, I'm just borrowing it without the knowledge of a librarian and without a permit.

I took my wand out of my robes and muttered "Lumos"  so that I can read the titles of the books as I pass by them... I was on the D section when I suddenly heard a whisper.

"I sense a witch... If you hear and understand me get me out of the shelf and take me with you! The books that surround me are nothing and are low compared to me!"

I was steady in my tracks as I listen to a voice that sounded like a teenager.

"Who are you?" I whispered. The complaints from the voice stopped as it realized that I just talked back.

"You hear me?!" the voice asked

"Uhmm.. Yes" I replied

"You understand me?"

"Obviously"

"I am a book, follow my voice as the sound will take you to my place."

I walked with great caution as I followed the voice that seemed to tell me how grateful he is to have found a witch such as myself..

"Stop where you are and look at your left... I'm here! The blood-red book!"

I stopped walking and looked at my left to see the only blood-red book on the shelf. I put my wand near to read the title which made my eyes grow wide.

"Diary of Death" I mumbled as I slowly removed the book from the shelf. I was about to open the book when I heard a hair-raising scream that made me look around.

"Who's there?"   A raspy voice suddenly said..

"Mr. Filtch" I mumbled, my heart beating fast. I quickly walked my way back with the Diary secure in my grasp. I did not think about this!

While walking quickly I heard shattering of glass and footsteps not far from where I am. I stopped dead in my tracks as I listen at my surroundings.

Suddenly,out of no where, something heavy had bumped me, making me fall and yelp on the ground. I quickly covered my mouth with the Diary and looked at whatever bumped me. And to my surprise, it was Harry.

"Harry!" I whisper-yelled. Harry was surprised and looked around

"Zoe?" He muttered

"Yes.. it's me"

"Where are you?"

"Right in front of you."

"Have I gone blind? I can't see-"

"You can't run and you can't hide from me" Said a voice that I recognized as Mr. Filtch, and it seems that he was getting near us.

"Questions later. WE have to go. NOW" I helped Harry up and he still looked surprised, but immediately recovered as he took a fabric from the floor and wrapped it around him... and to my surprise, he was gone! But now is not the time to be impressed, I tugged Harry's cloak as we quickly escaped Mr. Filtch.

As we were walking silently, I suddenly felt a tingle starting from my foot and up to my body... Oh no, the potion's effects are running out!

"Zoe... I can see you"

"oh crap!"  I was about to get my potion when Harry suddenly dragged me in his cloak, making me surprised as he shushed me and pointed to a direction where voices seem to argue. We walked silently and was surprised when I saw Professor Snape threatening Professor Quirrell.

"I sense an evil presence" A voice said that reminded me of the Diary I was holding. I looked at the Diary and whispered to it.

"Where?"

"The man cornered on the wall has an evil presence.. It seems nearly alive as I feel it slipping away from my grasp."

"Zoe? Who are yo-" Before he could complete his sentence, Professor Snape seemed to have heard Harry talk... Professor Snape furrowed his eyebrows as his hand slowly reach out towards our direction, making us walk backward. As he reached for nothing but thin air, he looked at his hand and went back to interrogating Professor Quirrell..

Harry held my hand as we quickly found a room to find. It was empty and the only thing in the room is a big mirror. Harry removed the cloak from us and gave a cheeky smile.

"we're safe"

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.2M 60.4K 59
"Anyone you excited to finally meet?" she asked. "Harry Potter obviously! Then again, my dad does talk about this other boy a lot and from what I've...
161 0 6
It was 3rd year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizarding, Harry didn't know he had a sister until a couple of month back, Severus Snape(Profess...
23.3K 344 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...
450 1 23
"What happens if I succeed? Do I just live a different life? I can never come back to this one, not if it works." She wiped the tear from his cheek. ...