Mercy (Lauren/You)

By stories_5H

Follow Y/N's journey into friendship, love and happiness. With the help of her new friends, she soon finds ou... More

one: don't even know your power
two: you've got a hold on me
three: humming
four: take it easy on my heart
five: i'm not asking for a lot, just that you're honest with me
six: please explain to me why my chest still hurts
seven: falling in love isn't for me
eight: what did i get myself into?
nine: the only boy we tolerate
ten: a good point
eleven: even though you don't mean to hurt me
twelve: homecoming
thirteen: heart open
fourteen: that bitch
sixteen: humming
seventeen: begging for mercy
eighteen: i'm prepared to sacrifice
nineteen: gladly do it twice
twenty: he left because of her
twenty-one: allow yourself to be happy
twenty-two: something you believed you'd never do
twenty-three: when there's nothing quite wrong but it don't feel right
twenty-four: mercy
twenty-five: biggest fear
twenty-six: i'm not suicidal
twenty-seven: just us
twenty-eight: write a song
twenty-nine: a real chance
thirty: breathe
thirty-one: it will always mean something
thirty-two: waiting for you
thirty-three: a life through my eyes

fifteen: completely empty

7K 350 192
By stories_5H

"Do you remember anything that happened two days ago?" It was the first thing she said to me, confusing me when she did.

"Like, bits and pieces of it." I said as I made my way out of the kitchen, into the living room and sitting on the couch. I searched for the remote as I sat here, giving up after a second of looking, knowing it's somewhere that would involve me having to get up. I let out a breath when I didn't hear her respond, adding,"I remember you and Zendaya, which by the way, how did that happen-"

"That's a story for next time." Dinah interrupted me harshly, making me frown at her tone before she continued."What are you doing now? This is a face to face conversation." She asked, letting out a huff after, making me realize that this is actually serious.

"Listen, Dinah, if this about me walking in on you and Zendaya, I'm really not going to tell anyone-"

"Y/N, answer my question. What are you doing?" She interrupted me, once again harshly, causing me to slouch down where I'm seated.

"Well, we just ordered pizza, but-"

"Perfect. It's like you knew I was going to call." She interrupted me before I could tell her that Lauren was here. I knew she didn't like Lauren, because of the relationship we had. Even though she didn't know anything of Lauren besides she's in a bad relationship, she isn't Lauren's biggest fan.

"Dinah, before you come over, I have to tell you that-"

"I'm on my way. Save me a pizza." She said so quickly it took me a while to process what she said. I scratched my head, opening my mouth to say something, thinking she was still on the phone, but then I heard the dial tone. I frowned, pulling the phone away from my ear and looked at the screen, and noticed she hung up. I released a breath out of my mouth slowly, shaking my head then locked my phone.

Dinah's in for a surprise.

Just then, the front door opened and in came Camila and Lauren. They both held one box of pizza in their hands, and before going into the kitchen, Camila pointed it out. I nodded, smelling the pizza from where I was, then hurried into the kitchen.

As all four us were grabbing pizzas, I decided to let Camila know Dinah was coming over. Both Geoffrey and Camila were surprised, to this day, that I actually have friends. So they said that they can't wait to meet one of my many friends they say I claim to have. Lauren stayed quiet, eating her pizza, seated on top of the counter beside the stove.

I was leant against the counter on the other side of the kitchen, but the kitchen isn't that big so it wasn't that far of a distant from Lauren. I figured maybe she wanted her space, so I told them I would eat in the living room and watch tv. They mumbled responses as they chewed their food, not questioning it because this a usual thing I do. They probably think it's just me being a loner. Which is somewhat true, but I could see it in Lauren's eyes that she was still mad at me. I shrugged as I made my way to the couch, stopping right beside the couch when I heard the doorbell.

"Oh my god, Y/N's friend is here!" Camila shouted from the kitchen, making me roll my eyes as I took another bite of my pizza and made my way to the door.

I opened the door, in fact revealing my friend like Camila said, and I took another bite of my pizza."Do you have anymore of those brownies? I really need some of that now." I asked her seriously, hating the feeling of knowing that someone was mad at me for being honest with them. And honestly hating the feeling of being sad; it's getting boring now.

"No more weed for you." Dinah pointed a stern finger at me, her eyes narrowed at me before she walked into my house.

"No, please. Come in. Make yourself at home." I said sarcastically, shaking my head as I shut the door before following Dinah into the kitchen. How she knew where the kitchen was? I don't know.

The real question was, how will she react when she finds out Lauren is here? I walked in a few seconds after Dinah walked in to the kitchen, finding her standing by the entrance looking directly at her.

I put the last bite of my pizza into my mouth, chewing quickly before saying,"Guys, this is Dinah." I rested my hands on her shoulders, hoping it would make her stop looking at Lauren. It didn't. So I continued,"That's Camila, Geoffrey and..." I coughed awkwardly, shortly pointing at Lauren as I said quickly."and that's Lauren."

"Nice to meet the friend Y/N doesn't shut up about." I furrowed my eyebrows, not recalling talking about Dinah all the time. I only ever speak of her or the others when I'm asked or when I tell them I have plans with them.

But that sure did make Dinah stop glaring at Lauren now, a smirk on her lips as she looked at me."You talk about me?" She flipped her hair, sassily and oh-so confidently, some cockiness too, making me roll my eyes.

"She's lying." I said simply, shaking my head gently.

"I am. But really...it's nice to meet someone who has my sister's back in school. And who is probably as protective as I am of her." Now I was confused, when did Camila get this sappy? And wait, she's protective of me? And how does she know Dinah has my back at school?"I saw you sneak her back in late on Friday night. Or should I say Saturday morning." She laughed quietly, her laugh fading away when she realized no one was laughing with her.

"Right. I didn't think anyone heard or saw us sneaking back in." Dinah said, shaking her head as she looked down at the floor, probably wondering how she missed Camila seeing us. I don't remember ever leaving the party, just remember waking up in my bed and spending that whole Saturday in bed. I felt like shit.

"I heard too. Just assumed it was Kenny sneaking out or something." Geoffrey spoke up, grabbing his third slice of pizza.

"What the fuck? You guys know about that?" Camila looked at both me and Geoffrey incredulously.

"Everyone knows, Camz." Lauren huffed, getting back on the counter after grabbing her second slice of pizza. Dinah's attention was now on her, causing me to let out a small groan, and she must have heard."What? Do you have a problem with me knowing or something?" Lauren spoke up sassily.

I shook my head frantically,"No. I just...uh, nothing." I said quickly, looking away from her glare. And Dinah must have saw this, because she looked between us shortly before glaring back at the green eyed girl.

"Anyway," Camila said, probably still thinking Lauren was treating me like this because she was on her period."we have pizza, and cups are over there...make yourself at home."

"Thank you." Dinah said, sending Camila a smile before looking at me. Camila hummed a response happily, smiling back at Dinah before she excused herself, saying she had to talk to Kenny. Geoffrey let out a small laugh, shaking his head as he excused himself to take a shower. He tried to show off a little to Lauren, saying he had to lift a bunch of heavy things that caused him to sweat. He noticed that Lauren wasn't paying attention, just staring at the floor, and let out a breath.

I frowned, sadly shaking my head when I saw him walk away defeated. Dinah must have noticed too, because she sent Lauren a glare before looking at me with the glare.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what I did wrong.

She grabbed a slice of pizza, then walked towards me with a serious look; it scared me."You couldn't have told me that she was here before I came over? I could have prepared myself or something." She whispered, and to my surprise, it wasn't loud enough for Lauren to hear.

"You didn't let me finish." I said, thinking it was a good answer. She only muttered something, seeming like she was choking, before she let out a sigh and took a step back. She took a bite of her pizza, leaned against the counter beside me and gazed at Lauren.

And maybe it was the fact that as Dinah was staring at Lauren, she was chewing very obnoxiously, it caught the green eyed girl's attention. Or maybe it was because when Dinah Jane is mad, you know it. It doesn't matter if you don't know her; you can tell when she's mad.

"Look," Lauren spoke up, holding the crust of her pizza in her hand as she met Dinah's eyes."you may be Y/N's friend, but it doesn't give you a right to stare. Hasn't anyone taught you that staring is rude?" Lauren said harshly, scoffing now when she saw Dinah was glaring at her.

"Dinah..." I said quietly, tapping her shoulder to stop her from what I think she may do. But it didn't get her attention, I think I pulled the trigger when I tapped her.

"Listen here, Miss I-Have-The-Perfect-Relationship," Dinah started, and I cringed at how she referred Lauren. The name got Lauren's attention, earned a glare from her to me, before she looked back at Dinah as she continued."you don't know me. So I advise you to shut that...that..." I raised my eyebrow, surprised at how Dinah Jane was at loss of words. Doing these kind of things just comes to her, no stopping to think of what to say. She tilted her head back a little, looking at me as she whispered."This is not fair. She's flawless, I can't think of an insult."

"You told her?" Lauren spoke up, jumping down from the counter, throwing the crust of her pizza in the empty box. I swallowed the lump in my throat, meeting her eyes; not a glare, but her eyes that showed vulnerability.

"Lauren, I'm so sorry-"

"Fuck you." She spat, interrupting me, surprising me with her words.

"Hey! Watch it, or I'll-"

"Shut up." Lauren growled, glaring at Dinah shortly as she stepped closer towards me. Dinah was getting ready to say something back, but I stopped her by placing my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me, obvious anger on her face, so I shook my head, silently telling her not to say anything.

I wanted to hear what she had to say. What else she has to say. What else is there to say? I want to see if she can break what's left of my heart.

My heart? Break what's left of my heart? What the hell does that mean?

"I trusted you with one thing, one thing," she got closer to me as she emphasized the word, her voice rising as she continued."I thought you weren't going to say anything to anyone, because you didn't have anyone to tell. I'm so fucking stupid! Of course you'd open your mouth to tell your friends about having 'a thing' with me. Oh my god, I bet you were just dying to tell someone that you're making out with 'the hottest girl on the planet'!" She laughed bitterly, but at this point, I don't think she knew what she was saying.

And at this point, I was glad that both my brother and sister were upstairs, the part of the house that is basically deaf. I mean, our parents always send us upstairs when they are going to have an argument because they know we can't hear anything from up there. They did a good job on picking the house.

Wait a minute, did Lauren just refer herself as the hottest girl on the planet? I mean, she is, but...the way she said meant that someone said to her in a way she didn't want to hear.

It all connected. Leonard. That fucking asshole-

"...stay away from me." I was pulled away from my thoughts when I heard this."Don't ever look at me. Don't talk to my family. Don't even think of my family or me again...got it?" She was now taller than me, only because I was basically slouching a little.

I looked up, into her eyes that were filled with tears. What the hell is going on?

"Lauren, that is not why-"

"I hate you." She whispered, her voice cracking, sounding like she was lying when she said it. And it may have been just me -maybe I'm still high from Friday night- but I think I may have saw her glance down at my lips. Now this is just confusing. She quickly took a step back, sniffling as she looked at a shocked Dinah, also pissed Dinah, then looked back at me."Don't talk to me ever again. Don't talk about me ever again. Especially with your friends."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, nodding slowly as I was figuring this all out. Break what's left of my heart? I met her eyes, watched her as she wiped away the tear that rolled down her cheek before she spoke up one last time.

"Are you happy now? You won."

I don't remember much after that. Just the sound of the front door slamming shut. And what I think may have been glass shattering. Then again, that could have been what was left of my heart. Because now I felt completely empty.

Completely empty.

___________\

Hi, little munchkins! I didn't get to take my nap at school because he actually gave us work. So I'm going to take a nap now.

But before I do, I wanted to double update because I said I would and I wanted to thank you guys. Thanks for sticking with the story even with this late update. I'm currently working on two other Lauren/Yous and I'm not sure which one to put up first. Hopefully, though, soon because I'm excited.

*sorry for mistakes*

I love you!💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3K 26
Just a little Y/N x Lauren story. Read it to find out more
60.5K 1.8K 35
Lauren Jauregui, an ordinary student. Invisible to all many, she had one best friend, and millions of memories until one fateful day when Lauren gets...
308K 9.9K 52
Y/N and Lauren were best friends since birth. They were inseparable. They did everything together. Even though Lauren was a year older than Y/N. But...
499K 16.7K 47
Y/N Y/L/N, she is a nerd and everybody treats her like she's invisible. She hates high school and she kept begging her mom if she could be homeschool...