Ain't Nothing But A G Thing (...

By ObeyLastQueens

Cassidy Carter is a cut-throat, sharp tongue girl from South Florida. Her words and actions could cut anyone... More

Chapter 2~ § Baker's Man §
Chapter 3~ § Hood §
Chapter 4~ § Nothin' Between Us §
Chapter 5~ § Been Thinking §
Chapter 6~ § Stay Schemin' §
Chapter 7~ § Beginning §
Chapter 8~ § Too Much §

Ain't Nothing But A G Thing

767 34 11
By ObeyLastQueens

   It ain't nothing but a g thing 

    I don't care what people think of me. I could care less, whether you like or not.

   Not many people can handle my attitude. I have a small group of friends, no larger, no less, just straight forward like that. People say that I'm mean, but oh well, they don't know what I go through, they don't know how it is to walk in my shoes. No one does.

  I was raised in a family of OGs and learned to take no shit from anyone. Either if they were Queen Elizabeth or not. 

  My dad, Damien is a trap lord and my mom, Alexis is a real estate agent.

  I even learned that most life is a game, you play it the right way and if you take the easy way, you get less things out of it.

  I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Cassidy Nirah Carter and I'm slim, with long black hair, brown skin, and hazel eyes. I'm 20 years old and I'm a junior at South University. I'm also from South Florida. Miami to be exact. We call it different names; Miami, The 305, Miami-Dade, Dade, or Dade County.

Being from there ain't no joke, a lot of people not from there think it's nothing but beautiful beaches, restaurants, and clubs. Yeah, they're all there, but many of them don't know about the shootings and robberies almost everyday.

  It's all about location.

  It really is.

   After taking a shower and lotioning up, I got dressed in my red skinny jeans, gold crop top and strappy sandals. I put my hair in a high, neat bun and put in hoop earrings.

  As I walked downstairs, I found my parents eating breakfast. I decided to eat cereal and got a bowl, spoon, and some Frosted Flakes.

  I realized that there was no milk, I said, "We're out of milk."  "Use water instead," my dad said as he wolfed down his breakfast.

  I knew he would say something like that. I replied, "I rather not."

   "Then you'll starve," my mom said as she washed her dishes.

  'Oh no the hell I won't', I thought.

  I shook the cereal in the bowl and poured red Kool-Aid on it.

   That shit was bussin'! (bussin' means good)

   I finished my breakfast, grabbed my bag, phone, and keys and drove to school.

   I pulled up to South University (made up).

  When I hopped out of the car, I noticed a group of guys looking at me. I recognized one of them; Donte Jones, he worked for my dad's enemy, Alec Desmond. Donte was brown skin, had waves, and light brown eyes. He was 20 years old too. He was fine yeah, but I couldn't have relations with him or we'd get killed.

I acted like I didn't see him and kept walking, feeling their eyes burn holes in the back of my head.

   "That's Damien's daughter," one of them whispered. "She's fine as hell, I'd tap that." "Are you crazy?! Ha dad could bust a cap up yo ass if you touch ha!" "Betta leave ha alone, fo she don't get ha dad on y'all asses," another one of them said.

  Those guys thought they were slick. Little did they know, my dad was coming after all of them.

   "Oh please, what his ol' ass gone do? The worse he could do is get someone to do his dirty work, he's lame," one guy said.

  That's when I had enough and I walked up to them, "Do you have a problem with my father?"

  The guy looked dumbfounded as I replied, "Oh, so now I'm in yo face, you ain't got shit to say? I said, do you have a problem with my father?" 

  "Aye listen, we ain't want no trouble-," he was interrupted by one of his friends, "You ain't want no trouble, you ain't putting us in this fo' I get a bullet in my forehead."

  "Ok then, just like I thought, all talk, no action, just because I'm his daughter, doesn't mean I can't make things happen too."

The guy's Adam's apple bobbed as he said, "I ain't mean to offend you, I mean, me and yo dad cool, right? He-," I cut him off, "Save it, wit yo punk ass."

  The guys laughed, "Whippin' boy! She got yo ass!"

  I walked away, leaving them laughing up a storm.

  Like I said before; I don't take shit from anyone, let alone someone disrespect my family.

  People can talk all they want, but I stick up for mine and ain't nobody gone tell me different.

   After getting my books from my locker, I headed to nursing class and sat down, watching the classroom fill up with students. I remembered I had Donte in this class.

   The professor walked in after the bell rang and began writing on the board. When I took notes, I felt someone's eyes on me again, I took a quick glance and saw that it was Donte.

  I ignored him and thought, 'He needs to stop staring at me before he doesn't get slapped the hell up.'

   A while later, the bell rang and I got my things and left.

  "Cassidy, wait up," I heard someone called. I turned around and it was him.

   "What do you want? If it's anything about my father, I don't wanna hear it and besides we can't be seen talking to each other." I said.

   "Naw, I just was sayin', you can't be snappin' on us the way you did earlier; we're Alec's boys and we got people watchin' over us, so the way you snapped, yo ass might be a target." "Exactly what fucks are given, I'm already a target because I'm my father's daughter. Y'all don't disrespect my family, so if y'all stay outta my way, we'll have no problems," I exclaimed.

   He held his hands in surrender, "Understood, see you around."

   I didn't say anything and I walked away, heading to my next class which was upstairs.

   I wasn't letting nothing like that get to me. I had no time try to appease people when almost nobody tries to do that for me.

  What the hell was there to prove to the 'people that were watching us'? Yeah, I know, I need security around me because there are some people that want to take me and my family down. That doesn't mean I'm going to slow down. Meaning that I wasn't going to live in fear.

  I wasn't going to stop there and sure as hell wasn't going to stop now.

  I noticed some girls mean mugging me as I walked by, but I didn't have time for that, unless they get straight up disrespectful.

  When I got to class, I watched as the students walked in and took their seats. One of them was my friend Macy Harrison. Her curly apple red hair was all over the place, but it fit her caramel skin. She was happy once her dark brown eyes landed on me.

  "Hey," she greeted me as we hugged each other. "I heard about that little spat between you and Hareek," she said as she put her bag to her side.

  I told her the rest of the story and she exclaimed, "Damn, you let his ass have it!"

  She was one of my small group friends that knew about my dad's profession.

  "Donte isn't kidding, you don't care about some of the things that you do. I mean, I don't know much about the OG life, but I do know that people are watching you," she said.

  "I still don't give a rat's fat ass, I'm gonna say what I want," I replied.

The hour went by fast as class was over and I was heading home. I was thinking about getting a dorm room instead of driving back and forth, but I figured that would be too much trouble and too many lives at stake because of my presence.

  I'll get my own place soon, I know that.

  I wouldn't want everyone to know what my father does and think I'm just like him when I'm not.

  I'm definitely not like my father.

  I'm not trying to rule his 'business' or anything, but being his daughter did have its highs and lows.

  There was the money, jewelry, respect, and power. Then, there are the deaths, grieving, not knowing who to trust, and people coming after you, plotting yo demise.

  I've seen it all, heard it all, and seen my dad go through it all. Even my mother doesn't trust many people because half of them ended up just like my dad's ex friends; either dead because they turned on them or in prison, all of them never getting chance at parole.

Even though I want to be a nurse, I still live with my parents and still go by their rules. Meaning I had to deal with whatever they were going through.

Some people would do anything to be in my dad's spot, but don't want all the hassle that comes with it.

This OG life ain't no joke, especially in one of the roughest parts of South Florida. If you can't handle it, you might as well run, hide, and don't show your face.

   A/N: What do you guys think?

Comments, votes, and love please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Delinquent By Rachel

Teen Fiction

155K 1.9K 37
Cassidy is an average 17 year old junior in high school. She's on her schools cross-country team and is occasionally on the honor roll. Well, she's a...
1.2M 31.4K 30
Riley Stone is a 18 year old girl trying to rebuild her life after an incident acured in her life. She is a straight A student, works at a cafe, and...
3.3K 109 58
Lyric is your friendly girl...mistreated and abused by the world....everything about her is tested when she gets involved with Ace Williams, a boy wi...
151K 6.1K 36
"I asked you a question, and you're going to answer it." Hmm. To answer or not to answer. "Geez my name's Carter and can you let go, you're hurting m...