Memories (The Pack)

By DarkDisco7

*Story prompt not mine... I just adjusted it a little* What was his name again? Nick? No... Vikk. His na... More

Dedicated
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - END
1k!
2K
3K
Epilouge
4K
5K
6k
10k :D

Chapter 25

718 35 51
By DarkDisco7

Warnings: None

     ~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

"Now Preston, don't do anything stupid, alright?" I insure for the millionth time.
"For the last time Lachlan, I'm going to stay with the horses until you guys come back. Besides," Preston continues, hopping off of Obsidian, "I'm safer out here anyways."

As the five of us prepare to leave Preston, he gives each us a tight hug. After all, it might be the last time he sees one of us, if not everyone. I'm listening to the sound of winter right now and as I wrote the last sentence the song made me imagine some sort of really dramatic thing involving Preston being separated and maybe something bad happening. I'll put it up above if you wanna hear it. (I was at 0:36 - 1:21 if u wanna hear what I heard at that moment) Also you should read the lyrics they're pretty cool XD ANYWAYS BACK TO THE STORY.

"If we're not back by tomorrow night... Then somethings wrong." Vikk relays to Preston.
     "I mean if that happens then I don't know what you'd do... Being lava and all. But you never know, right?" Jerome adds in.
     "Alright then, we're off I guess. You take care of yourself okay?" Rob reminds him warily, "Make a shelter in case it starts raining again... Oh and don't forget to feed the horses! And don't go wandering off! Also make sure to-"
     "Yeah, yeah, now hurry up! You're wasting time!" Preston interrupts, ushering us forward.

     We all give a quick wave before stepping into the snowy biome. My breath hitches at the sudden drop in temperature, and I can already tell hypothermia is going to be a huge risk here. Blinding white snow covers the entire landscape of relatively flat ground, rising up a few inches on everything.

     "So which way Lachlan?" Jerome inquires, seemingly unaffected by the cold weather.

     Probably cuz of his fur. I decide, also silently noting Rob and Mitch don't seem to be largely affected either. Vikk on the other hand is already shaking. Which is why t-shirts and snow aren't a good match.

     "Straight ahead." I report, my breath becoming visible in a puff of mist.

     Turning on my heels I start forward, the snow crunching under my feet as I lead us towards... I don't really know where. But it's somewhere.

~~~

     "L-Lachlan can we take a break? I feel like my arms are go-gonna freeze off." Vikk chatters, rubbing his arms swiftly.

     At this point we've been walking for almost two hours.

     "Sure but we're super close now... I can feel it." I point out.
     "How close?"
     "Like maybe one or two minutes. Can you hold out that long?"
     "A good fight will probably warm you up." Mitch jokes, even though it's kinda true.
     "... Yeah okay let's keep going."

     I start my trudge through the snow again, once again randomly noticing the condition of everyone else. I'm really starting to feel the cold now, and my nose is runny and frozen. I've even tossed up my hood to protect my ears from freezing off. Mitch and Rob have their hoods up too, and they look a little cold, but otherwise fine. Vikk obviously is about to be come a Vikksicle, and Jerome... Once again seems totally content. How I'd love to have thick fur right now.

     And then a little idea pops in my head to lighten up the mood. Spinning around I grin and catch everyone else's eye.

     "Hey Rob... Do you wanna build a snow maaaaAAAAAAN!?" I screech, 'man' becoming louder as a huge chunk of ice is hurled at my head from the middle of nowhere.
     "LACHLAN, STOP BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL!" Jerome scolds.
     "Uh Jerome, we have bigger problems than the fourth wall right now..." Mitch trails off, pointing seemingly behind me.

I whip around to see an extremely bulky snow golem standing not fifty blocks away.

"I THOUGHT SNOW GOLEMS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDLY." Vikk shrieks, diving out of the way as the mutant snow golem chucks another ice block.
     "Apparently not." Mitch hisses, drawing his bow and sticking an arrow into the mutants shoulder.

     The snow golem let's out an unearthly growl and this time instead of an ice block, chucks what looks to be a present directly towards Mitch.

     "Incoming!" Mitch calls, ducking under the projectile.

     But unfortunately, Jerome is standing right behind Mitch. And Jerome isn't given enough of a warning to dodge it, resulting in the present nailing him in the face. Jerome howls in pain, clutching at his face, and the very next second he's out cold. No pun intended. It knocked him out in one hit! Before we can make a sound the golem raises another ice block high above its head and whips it towards Jerome's unconscious form.

"NO JEROME!" We all screech, none of us close enough to protect him (Mitch had stumbled to the side after ducking under the present).

But literally two seconds before the ice can crush Jerome's head, Vikk teleports to him, and teleports Jerome along with himself out of harms way. Vikk pops up with Jerome about ten block away, and is instantly pelted with an ice block coming from the opposite direction. Vikk cries out as the block makes contact with his back, dropping Jerome and stumbling onto his knees.

"There's a second one?!" I exclaim, eyeing down the one that had snuck up on us, "That's not even fair!"
"Lachlan you might wanna count again, look." Rob breathes, pointing at another two mutants.
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE?" I scream, the snow golems hurling rapid fire blocks at us.

It's 4v4 right now seeing as Preston isn't here, and Jerome is lying unconscious and vulnerable on the ground. I just keep side stepping the projectiles, not getting a measly second to draw any sort of weapon. Rob is smacking the flying ice blocks and presents out of the air using his swords, but isn't able to approach any of the mutants without exposing himself. Mitch is managing to land a few arrows in the mutants, but in turn keeps getting skimmed by whizzing blocks, probably doing more damage to himself than the snow golems. And then there's poor, shivering Vikk. He's kneeling protectively in front of Jerome, using his endersoul hand to levitate blocks and throw them at the projectiles, ultimately knocking them off course. This continues for an agonizing ten minutes before something finally changes.

Taking raspy breaths, I duck under yet another present, expect... It's not actually present. It's a fish. Why did it throw a fish at me? I mean unless it's a really sharp fish I don't think that would do much- oh. Wait. It's my item isn't it? Quickly side stepping an ice chunk I stumble towards the raw fish. I'm about to scoop it up when I realize passing out probably isn't the best idea right now. But even if I did want to pick it up, the next occurrence would have stopped me anyways. Rob slashing through another ice block, even in the bitter cold sweating heavily. But he doesn't see the golem that's circled around behind him.

I jump up in alarm, "ROB BEHIND Y-"

But then the ice slams off the back of his head, and he lets out a sharp cry. The swords dropping from his hands, Rob's eyes flutter shut and he falls face first into the snow. Now with Rob momentarily out of the picture, two mutants keep both Vikk and I preoccupied while the remaining two work on knocking out Mitch. And because of all the blocks every so slowly diminishing Mitch's energy, it's not long before he slips up and a present bashes into the side of his head.

"MITCH, NO!" Vikk screams, even though it's too late.

     Mitch falls to his knees, drops his bow, and falls limp on his side.

     The golems almost seem to smile evilly, closing in. Vikk swiftly teleports the two limp bodies of Mitch and Rob, along with myself beside him. He makes sure he's in direct contact with all of us before his eyes flicker towards a cave in the distance, roughly seventy blocks away. But just as the snow golems prepare to fire, and just before Vikk teleports us away, I rip away from his grasp.

     "My fish!"
     "Lachlan forget the fish, we need to leave. Now."
     "But... My fish!"
     "Lachlan we'll get your fish later when we figure out a way to beat these guys. But right now were outnumbered, we have three unconscious people, and we're gonna die of we don't get to safety." Vikk hurries, dragging me back by the wrist.

     Before I can protest further, a quick pain shoots through my head and suddenly the landscape changes. Now we're standing in the mouth of a large cave, the only light being from the torches Vikk places down a second later. I glance nervously out at the four mutants, all sorts of emotions spiralling in my head. But then the snow golems spot us and begin running in our direction. Vikk doesn't waste a second in sealing the entrance with stone, and a second later multiple bags are heard against the mineral. But luckily, it doesn't break and provides protecting from the lurking golems outside.

     "This is ridiculous..." Vikk scoffs, slumping against a wall in a defeated manner.
     "What are we gonna do Vikk?" I stress, moving Jerome, Mitch, and Rob so they aren't piled on top each other before sliding down the wall beside Vikk.
     "I honestly don't know... There's just no way we can beat them..."

     The conversation drops there, and soon the only sound audible is the constant thumps of the mutant snow golems trying to break in. And then finally, after an eternity of tense silence, Vikk speaks.

     "We need to get Preston."
     "But Vikk, what can Preston do? He'll literally die." I blubber, shocked by Vikk's suggestion.
     "I know but think for a second Lachlan... If Preston heats up enough, all the snow should melt before it even comes close to touching him. The heat from his skin will prevent him from getting hurt, and he can use that tactic to beat the snow golems!"
     "Alright. Okay. I see you point, and you're right. Preston might be our only hope right now. But... How do we get him here?"
     "I could teleport to him and then teleport back here maybe...?" Vikk tries.
     I shake my head frantically. "That's too far for you Vikk. You'll take too much damage if you try and teleport that far... It's basically suicide."
     "Then our only other option is to wait and hope he finds us."
     "Then, let's wait. Maybe Preston will be able to feel our presence or something. But trying anything else is too risky."
     Vikk nods and lets out a heavy, drawn out sigh. "Let the waiting begin."

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
706K 33.6K 57
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
396K 24.8K 89
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
617K 31K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...