Khloe {Alec Lightwood}

By SparklyAura

In which a girl stands in the shadow of her sister. Until now. Extended summary inside [Season 1 ShadowHunter... More

Extended Summary & Disclaimer
01.
02.
03.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.

04.

16.8K 363 369
By SparklyAura

Season 1 Episode 4: Raising Hell

Silence filled the room as the moonlight poured into the dark room through the open window which was blowing the curtains around in the light wind. Whimpers filled the slightly cold room as Khloe tossed and turned in her bed.

Flashes of memories buried deep within her mind passed through her causing her to gasp and whimper. Forcing their way through the barrier that kept them hidden for so long. Brief flashes of each memory passed through her only allowing her to see small snippets before the memory was ripped away from her and another was thrown at her.

The strawberry blond turned as another memory passed through her only just being able to make out voices and faces.

'You're making a mistake Jocelyn.' A male voice said.

A younger Jocelyn held onto an 11-year-old Khloe who was shaking in fear.

'Mom, I don't want to do this, I wanna go play with Grace!' The 11-year-old yelled trying to pull her hand out from her mother's grip.

'Sweetie we have to do this.' Jocelyn said crouching down to be eye level with her daughter. 'Okay?'

The younger girl nodded hesitantly as her mother stood up and turned to face the warlock.

'Magnus, please.' The older woman begged. 'She's stronger than Clary.'

'You can't hide this from her forever Jocelyn.' Magnus replied.

'But I can delay.' The woman responded desperately.

The man sighed nodding as he looked down at the younger girl, 'I'll do it.'

'Thank you!' Jocelyn called out.

The 11-year-old looked between her mother and the man she had never seen before with a slight frown on her face not knowing what either of them were talking about.

Khloe whimpered again as she turned around in her bed again as the memory was torn from her grasp not allowing her to see any more of the memory.

But nothing could compare to the next memory.

Jocelyn held down a younger Khloe as Magnus began tying her down with ropes. Once she was tied down Magnus pulled out a roll of duct tape and put it around her wrists with an amused look to which Jocelyn raised her eyebrows.

'What? You said it yourself she's stronger than Clary.' The warlock defended himself.

Jocelyn sighed nodding her head fearing what was to come. 'Okay let's do this.' She said with a tired face.

'Mom, I'm scared.' Khloe cried as tears began to fill her eyes.

'Don't be sweetie. Everything will be fine.' She responded gently placing her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

Jocelyn stood up and faced Magnus again. 'Okay, she's ready.'

Magnus nodded at the older woman before turning to face the 11-year-old. He sighed as he placed tape over her mouth.

Khloe whimpered into the tape as blue energy began to form in the palm of his hand which he held in up in front on the girl.

A dull ache began to form in the back of Khloe's head and slowly the ache turned into something more. Starting at an ache then turning into a sting until eventually it was too much to handle and she began to scream. Tears began to fall and all she wanted to do was stop the pain.

She tried to scream out her mother's name but she couldn't as the tape over her mouth drowned out most of the sound coming out of her mouth.

Khloe awoke with a start as a small scream passed through her lips.

"Hey, it's okay!" Someone grabbed her shoulders in attempts to calm her down. "You're okay."

Khloe looked at Alec with tears in her eyes before taking in her surroundings. She was in her own room in the institute safe and sound. The only thing holding her down was Alec's warm hands and not rope or duct tape.

"It's okay." He reassured the shaken girl. "I'm here. No one else."

"It hurts Alec." The girl cried bringing her hand to her temples rubbing them to try to soothe the pain.

"What hurts?" Alec asked the girl his hand sliding down her shoulder to grab her ice cold hands. When she didn't respond he let her hands go and placed his hands on her cheeks cradling her face. "What hurts?"

"My head." She whispered out afraid if she spoke too loud the pain would worsen. "My head hurts so bad."

"I've got you." He told the girl looking deep into her eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you."

Khloe didn't realize she was crying until Alec began to wipe away her tears with his thumb. Khloe brought her hands up to Alec's wanting to feel the warmth of his hands on hers once again.

"Your hands are freezing." He told the girl who looked over at the open window.

Alec let go of the girl as he stood up and walked over to the window closing it before turning back and walking over to Khloe where he sat in the same spot. Khloe moved closer to the raven haired boy and wrapped her arms around him shocking him by her sudden movements.

After a moment he wrapped his arms around the girl pulling her closer. After a moment of silence, he spoke softly not wanting to hurt the girls head anymore.

"You wanna tell me what happened? Seemed like one hell of a nightmare." He said not letting go of the strawberry blond.

"It wasn't a nightmare." The girl whispered. "I think it's my memories. Trying to claw their way out but something's holding it back. I can only see small parts of each never seeing a full memory only half. Sometimes not even that much only brief flashes."

"What did you see?" He asked curious as to what had shaken the girl up to the point of trembling.

"Mom took me to see this guy. I didn't know what was going on. She told me everything would be okay and I believed her." Khloe hugged Alec a little tighter as she continued. "Then they tied me down and that's when the pain started."

Khloe began to cry again remembering how much it hurt. It was like nothing she had ever felt before.

Alec rested his chin on her head pulling her as close as he could not liking seeing the once happy girl cry.

"It's okay." He said softly running his fingers through her soft locks calming her rapid breathing. After a while of Alec holding Khloe she had calmed down and sleep began to take over. She let out a small yawn the pain in her head lessening with each second.

Alec smiled lightly and slowly began to remove his arms only for her to hold onto him tighter and muttering out a 'No.'

"You need to sleep." He told her.

"I'm not tired," Khloe responded only for her to yawn again a few seconds later. "Okay, maybe I'm a little tired."

Alec chuckled at her pulling away from the hug and placing his hand on her face again. "I'll just be across the hall okay." He told the strawberry blond looking into her tired eyes.

She knew he wasn't lying as his room was across from her which was probably why he heard her. She nodded slowly her arms falling to her sides as she fell back onto her pillows and turning to her side to watch Alec.

"Get some rest." He said pulling the blanket over her body.

"Mhmm." Khloe hummed closing her eyes and cuddling into her pillow. Alec watched the girl for a second before making his way towards the door before stopping to look at the girl a moment longer.

He walked over to the girl and pressed his lips against her forehead before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him with thoughts of the strawberry blond never leaving his head.

***

Khloe's eye slowly fluttered open as her name was called out. Khloe groaned as she sat up and looked around her room her eyes landing on none other than Alec Lightwood sitting in the same spot as he was when he was comforting the girl a few hours ago.

"Yes?" She asked tiredly.

"We have a lead on your mother." Khloe's eye widened at the words that left his mouth. "Magnus Bane. He's a warlock. We think he might be the warlock that took your memories. You and Clary both had similar dreams."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Khloe asked throwing the blanket off her and jumping out of the bed.

She walked past Alec and towards the door.

"Khloe," Alec called out before she exited the room.

"Yeah?" She asked turning to face the Lightwood.

"Are you okay?" He asked the girl.

The strawberry blond swallowed thickly as she remembered last night's events. The pain she head felt last night was the worst pain she had ever felt. She had broken bones and hurt herself during her childhood. But the pain was a whole new level.

"I'm fine now." She looked down at her feet.

She wasn't fine. In fact, her head still really hurt. But she brushed it aside for the time being. She wanted to find her mother. That was her priority right now.

"Khloe," Alec said walking over to stand directly in front of her.

She didn't look up. She didn't meet his eyes. She looked at the floor hoping he wouldn't question her anymore.

"Hey, can you please look at me?" Alec asked softly.

Khloe hesitantly took a deep breath and tore her eyes away from the floor to his gaze. He placed his hands on both sides of her face gently.

"It's okay to not be okay." He told the strawberry blond.

Khloe wrapped her short arms around the lightwood boy. Alec didn't think twice about hugging her back pulling her closer.

"Thank you," Khloe whispered.

***

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old." Hodge said walking over to the group of Shadowhunters and pulling pictures of him up on the screen. "And as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

Khloe's eye scanned the warlock covered in glitter on the screen with a slight frown. This was definitely the warlock in her dreams but she had also seen him the night she and Clary turned eighteen.

"Looks like the downworlders David Guetta," Clary said.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder," Izzy said.

Khloe raised her eyebrows in Izzy direction.

Izzy nodded shrugging lightly. "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"

"Can you please focus?" Alec asked.

"Someone needs to get slayed," Izzy said looking away from her older brother.

"Alec's right. Now Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

"Well, why did he help our mom take away my memories. Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary asked Hodge.

"Yes. one of the best. But 'help' might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic." Hodge told Clary.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything," Jace said sitting down next to Alec. Clary turned from where she sat on the table to look at him as he spoke while Khloe learned on the edge of te table scanning the photos of Magnus.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them," Alec informed the group.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn--" Hodge began to speak until his rune began searing and burning. He grunted and turned around to lean on the table for support.

"Hodge your rune," Clary said causing Khloe to roll her eyes.

"You okay?" Khloe asked Hodge.

After a few seconds, he nodded and looked down.

"So how do we find Magnus?" Clary asked.

"We don't. Magnus finds us." Jace said. "We'll set up at meeting somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."

"And I know exactly where we do it," Izzy said standing from her seated position and grabbing the tablet from Hodge's hand and pulling up a poster for a rave.

Hodge chuckled as Jace said, "A Downworlder rave? Nice Izzy."

"And where did you get that?" Alec asked.

Izzy smiled looking away from her brother. "During my Survaliance of the Downworlders. From what I hear Magnus likes to party."

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him," Alec said.

"Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight."

"I don't know it seem--"

"Trust me." Izzy cut Clary off.

"She's right," Khloe said causing the Sandowhunters to look over at her. "I mean he was there on our Birthday." She looked over at her twin for a moment before looking back at Izzy. "And I'm willing to bet he'll be there again."

Clary looked down for a moment trying to recall the memory but her mind came blank and it was clear on her face.

"As we were running out we ran into someone." Khloe pressed.

Clary's face changes from a blank stare to a look of realization. "That's right!"

"See," Izzy said pointing at Khloe while looking in between Alec and Jace. "Khloe is smart she gets it."

The Shadowhunters at the table all shared glances. "If he's going to come out it's going to be for one of the biggest parties of the year," Izzy said.

"Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed." Hodge smiled. "Follow me," Hodge told the group.

Everyone stood from their spot and followed Hodge into a room. He ran his Stele over a rune on the ground and slid a lid off revealing a tiny storage space.

Hodge reached in and grabbed the item from storage and Khloe had to stand on her tippy toes to see past the group of Shadowhunters as she was at the back beside Alec.

Alec took note of her action smiling lightly to himself as he continued to listen to Hodge.

Hodge pulled out a silver chained necklace with a large ruby attached to it.

"Is that real?" Izzy asked in disbelief.

Khloe stared at the gem in awe as did Clary and Izzy.

"A four-karat unheated Burmese ruby," Hodge told the Shadowhunters "And this necklace has a special meaning to Magnus Bane, as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt."

"Camille and Magnus were lovers?" Clary asked.

"Damn, warlock gets around," Jace said rather impressed.

"He brought it in 1857 for the price of his London townhouse. Now, the jewel is enchanted with a spell, that alerts the wearer of the presence of demons."

Izzy lightly grabbed the gem running her fingers along the pendant.

"It's so beautiful." She said.

"Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him. He might just take the bait."

"I'll send Magnus a fire message to arrange a meeting," Jace said as he began to walk out. "We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does," Jace said to the group as he exited the room leaving the remaining Shadowhunters to prepare for the night.

***

Khloe walked down toward Izzy's room. She stopped in front of Izzy's closed door and raised her fist to knock when the door swung open and Clary stood in front of Khloe looking all sparkly and party ready.

Khloe scanned her sister's outfit before meeting Clary's eyes.

"You look good." She smiled.

"Thanks!" Clary smiled at her sister as Izzy poked her head out of the door.

"Khloe your here! Perfect!" Izzy smiled widely pulling the strawberry blond into the room and shutting the door once Clary walked off.

"Okay, so what are you wearing tonight?" Izzy asked the green eyes girl.

Khloe looked down at her outfit shrugging. "I was hoping you could be my hero."

Izzy's smile widened even more as she jumped over to her closed and began throwing her closes around looking for something that would suit the strawberry blond.

"I'm guessing you don't get to do this much?" Khloe laughed at Izzy.

"I tried to dress Alec and Jace up once." Izzy stopped from a moment shuddering at the memory. "It did not end well."

Khloe laughed as Izzy turned back to her clothes and began digging through once more. After a few more seconds of Izzy searching through her endless amount of clothes she spun around hiding a dress behind her back with a large grin on her face.

Izzy skipped over to the strawberry blond who rose an eyebrow and taking a small step back.

"Close your eyes," Izzy said to the girl.

"Uh, okay..." Khloe voice held confusion as she did as instructed she felt Izzy lift a dress up to Khloe and hold it in place.

"Okay, open them," Izzy told the girl.

Khloe's eye fluttered open and fell on the mirror in front of her. Izzy handed the girl a black satin cami dress which cut of mid thigh and paired it with black sparkly boots. "Simple but we can always have fun with accessories!"

Khloe gasped in excitement at the idea and the two began diving through Izzy's accessories.

***

Khloe loved it. It was a beautiful dress. She looked at Izzy who ran over to her closet and pulled out a pair of black strappy heels.

"Well," Izzy said look at Khloe. "Try it on," Izzy said pushing Khloe away to get changed behind the privacy screen and placed the shoes on the ground.

Khloe changed out of her everyday outfit and slipped the black dress on. She grabbed the shoes Izzy placed on the ground and replaced them with her black combat boots.

Khloe walked out from behind the screen and over to Izzy who stood by the bed as she put away all her extra clothes.

Izzy looked up from her clothes and scanned Khloe's outfit a large grin spread across her face as she threw her arms around the strawberry blond.

"You look amazing!" Izzy said happily.

Khloe laughed lightly as she hugged the Lightwood girl with a wide smile resting upon her lips. The two girl separated and went back to putting Izzy's clothes away.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Izzy. Honestly, everything I'm wearing right now is yours."

"Almost everything," Izzy said gently grabbing the necklace Khloe wore around her neck. "Where'd you get this?" She asked admiring the black stone on a silver chain.

"It was a friend's," Khloe said looking down at the necklace.

"And where exactly is this friend?" Izzy asked dropping the necklace and continuing to pack her clothes away.

"She left." Khloe swallowed thickly as the painful memory of Grace's departure resurfaced.

Izzy sensed it was a sensitive topic for the green eyed girl and decided to change the topic.

"So, are you excited for tonight?" Izzy said the first thing on her mind.

"Yeah," Khloe replied snapping herself away from the memory that she would never forget. "What are you wearing?"

Izzy picked up a short tight silver dress that was covered in glitter and gems. Khloe ran her hand along the dress with parted lips at the dresses beauty.

"You're going to look absolutely amazing!" Khloe laughed.

"Well, I may look amazing you look stunningly beautiful."

"Don't try to out compliment me." Khloe laughed.

Izzy shrugged innocently. "I have no idea what you are talking about my lovely friend."

"Okay, then my wonderful friend. I see how it is." Khloe bumped shoulders with Izzy playfully as the two laughed at each other.

"Oh my god! Are these your shoes?" Khloe picked up a pair of sparkly silver heels that matched Izzy's dress perfectly.

Izzy nodded excitedly and laughed. "I don't go to raves much but you can trust me. When I do, I make sure I look good."

"You look good every day."

"Well, I make sure I look especially good," Izzy said with a grin as she finally put the last garment away. "You know I used to dress Alec and Jace up in dresses."

Khloe let out a loud laugh at the thought. "No way! I used to do the same with my friends Max and Jordan!"

"And when they said they didn't want to do it I would cry really loud so my parents would hear and tell them off!" Izzy giggled.

"Yes! I used to do that all the tie to Clary! She would always steal my crayons because she was the 'better' drawer and needed more stuff."

Izzy laughed harder. "I still remember the look on Alec's face when I brought out my makeup!"

"Jordan almost jumped out the window when Grace walked in with a huge box of makeup and jewelry! But then Max pulled him back because he wanted to go first." Khloe laughed so hard her stomach hurt.

"But then we stopped when we were 13 maybe because it was 'unmanly' and I was like 'I'm more of a man than both of you combined' which they did not deny because they knew I would slap them." Izzy collapsed on the bed laughing at the memories.

"What! Oh my gosh Max, Jordan, Grace and I were doing this until we were 16! Clary even brought Simon in once." Khloe sat taking a seat on the end of the bed in fear she would fall onto the ground if she stood any longer.

"What? No way! I wish I could do this stuff today!"

At that moment Alec knocked on Izzy's door with a slight frown on his face, "Is everything okay in here?" He asked when he saw the girls.

Izzy and Khloe went quiet as they looked at Alec and then back at each other with a small smile on their face before bursting out into laughter until tears began to form in their eyes.

"I can see it!" Khloe laughed looking at Alec and one of Izzy's dresses.

"Okay..." Alec said awkwardly. "I'll just be in my room ready whenever you are Izzy." He said quickly walking away only for the two girls to laugh harder.

Once the two calmed down Izzy stood and said, "I should probably go help Alec, he never knows what to wear."

Khloe tried to hold back her smile but when Izzy jokingly grabbed one of her dresses the two girls burst out in laughter again.

***

Later that night Alec, Izzy and Khloe walked around the perimeter of the club they were meeting Magnus in keeping a watchful eye out for any circle members or anyone that posed a threat.

Once the three had looked around the area and saw no one they headed back to the entrance where Jace and Clary stood waiting.

"All clear," Alec told Jace while Izzy looped her arms around the Fray twins arms.

"Do you think red's my color?" Izzy asked looking down at the enchanted necklace that hung around her neck.

"Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color," Clary said making the Lightwood sister grin widely.

"I already told you, Izzy, you look great," Khloe reassured the girl.

"Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look good."

"Will you take it off?" Alec asked. "I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange."

"You know, I wouldn't be so sure," Izzy smirked. "Most men like it when I admire their jewels," she said casually making Khloe laugh.

"Can you just give it to Jace?" Alec said uncomfortably.

"You're such a buzzkill," Izzy said taking the beautiful jewel from around her neck and handing it to Jace a large grin on her face as she and Khloe giggled.

***

Once the four finally made it into the club filled with dancing and loud techno music blasting through the club with the smell of alcohol lingering in the air.

The group made their way through the club trying to spot Magnus.

"Bled in. Keep your weapons ready." Jace said as he and Clary walked away together and Izzy sent a wink in Khloe direction before disappearing into the crowd leaving Alec and Khloe.

Khloe looked around the club feeling more comfortable than she normally would in a club for some unknown reason. Maybe it was the fact that the club wasn't as full as the Pandemonium normally was.

"Well," Khloe said turning to face Alec.

"Do-- Do you-- uh-- Do you want to 'blend in'?" Alec asked awkwardly.

"Are you asking me to dance?" Khloe asked laughing at his approach.

"Well I-I mean I guess. But it's okay if you don't want to." Alec replied quickly.

Khloe giggled at the raven haired boy. "Yes, Alec I do want to 'blend in' with you."

Alec and Khloe danced for a while and joked around ignoring everyone else as they just had a little fun for the first time in a while.

As strange as it seemed Khloe trusted Alec. Despite not knowing him for long it felt like they had known each other for a lot longer than they actually had. Khloe never really trusted easily after Grace but she knew she could trust Alec.

Although she did trust Izzy and Jace she trusted Alec more. She was always smiling around him whether she knew it or not.

Alec was there for her when she needed someone. When Khloe was frightened awake by the memories clawing their way out he was there to comfort her when no one else was.

He knew how it felt to stand in the shadows of someone. Khloe once stood in the shadows of Clary Fray to afraid to speak her mind after Grace left. Alec once stood in the shadows of Jace Wayland the great demon slayer until Khloe arrived.

The two had helped each other without realizing it. And as they danced together Khloe watched as Alec smile and it wasn't a sarcastic smile or a forced one but it was a genuine one. There was something different about Alec Lightwood. She just couldn't quite place her finger on what it was.

Khloe was pulled from her thoughts when out of the corner of her eyes she saw Jace and Clary talking to what she assumed to be Magnus Bane.

"Hey is that him?" Khloe asked Alec pointing over to where Jace and Clary stood. Even with the added height of her heels, she couldn't see over the crowd.

"Maybe if you weren't so short you would know," Alec said with a grin on his face.

Khloe playfully glared at him, "Okay shut up." She said mocking anger.

Alec laughed "It's cute because you think you actually look scary."

Khloe rolled her eyes a small smile gracing her red stained lips.

The two started walking over to the warlock who opened a portal and offered Clary his hand.

Khloe stiffened as she noticed the man creeping up behind Magnus.

"Alec." She pointed to the man with the circle rune draw on the side of his neck. Alec's eye searched for what she was pointing at and when his eyes landed on the circle member he pulled his bow out and aimed an arrow in the circle members direction as Khloe pulled out one of her seraph blades which lit out in her hands.

Alec's arrow flew through the air and planted itself in the chest of the circle member.

"That was hot," Khloe casually whispered to Alec before as she walked over to the circle member and took the blade from his hand.

"Khloe Fairchild." Mangus greeted Khloe looking her up and down discreetly.

"Magnus Bane." She replied.

He turned to the portal and began walking in towards it.

"Mangus wait!" Clary pleaded. "You're my only hope."

"Valentine found us. I warned your mother this might happen." He said turning to the portal jumping through before any more words could be spoken.

"No..." Khloe whispered staring as the portal disappeared along with the only way to find her mother again.

"The area's secure. It looks like he was the only assassin." Izzy said approaching the group.

"He has a circle rune on the base of his neck."

"They found us. It's not safe here. Clary, we have to go." Jace said as Clary and Izzy walked out.

Khloe's eye lingered on the spot where the portal once was util Alec placed his hand on her shoulder and she looked away to meet his eyes.

"We'll find him. Okay? And when we do I promise we'll get your memories back." Alec told the strawberry blond who nodded lightly and walked out with Alec by her side.

Once everyone made it outside Alec began arguing with Jace while Izzy comforted Clary. Khloe stood off to the side tuning everything out staring out at the stars and blocking the group out only listening to small parts of their conversation.

She pulled herself away from the stars and followed the group after Alec and Jace parabatai tracked down Magnus with a button Clary pulled from his jacket.

They walked into the creepy dark warehouse and Jace pointed up at a fence along the top floor of the warehouse.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence," Jace said as the group slowly advanced further into the warehouse each gripping their selected weapon in their hands.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary said confused.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamor." Jace told Clary.

Izzy held up her hand stop the Shadowhunters from going any further. "Somethings wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

"His protective wards must be down," Jace replied as the Shadowhunters looked around the warehouse for any sign of danger.

"You," Alec said to Clary, "Don't get in the way."

Clary looked at Khloe in slight disbelief and anger who only shrugged casually.

At the sound of two men fighting the group looked up and saw a man struggling as another push his blade through his stomach. He groaned as he fell to the ground dead.

"Oh, god!" Clary screamed. "Valentine found Magnus!"

"No shit Clary!" Khloe said as the group sprang into action.

The group spread out as Khloe made her way towards the man on the ground.

She jumped back and behind a wall as a little girl ran around the corner and fell to the ground beside the downworlder.

Khloe slowly peaked around the corner her grip tightening on the dual seraph throwing blades she held.

"Daddy!" The younger girl cried.

A wave of sympathy passed through Khloe as she watched the girl grieve for her father. Khloe stepped towards the girl as a man walked towards the girl with a blade in his hands.

In panic, Khloe threw one of her dual blades at the man which embedded itself in his shoulder. He groaned stumbling back giving Khloe enough time to pull the girl away from her father and to Khloe's side.

"Fairchild," He said looking at Khloe leaving the blade in his shoulder.

"Khloe Fairchild."

"Valentine will be happy to see you." He smirked taking a step towards her.

"I wish I could say the same." He replied before sending the blade in her hand through the air and into his chest.

He fell back onto the ground dead as Izzy, Jace and Clary ran up beside her.

"Nice job," Jace said Khloe.

"Self defense paid off." Khloe smiled at Jace before looking down at the child who was gripping onto her hand.

"Okay, let's go," Izzy said walking towards Magnus' lair as Jace called it.

Clary glared at Khloe as she walked past causing Khloe to roll her eyes and turn to the girl by her side.

"Come on let's get you back." Khloe smiled down at the girl who nodded gently.

Oce the group walked into Magnus' Khloe handed the young girl over to Magnus. She hugged Magnus as he sent the girl to somewhere safe.

"They told me what you did for Zoe. You risked your life without hesitation to save a young warlock child." Magnus said.

"She was in trouble. She was young. I had to help her somehow."

"Yes, and thanks to you she is alive." He paused for a moment. "You're different Khloe Fairchild."

"Is that a compliment?" Khloe asked frowning.

Magnus chuckled nodding his head with a slight smile. "Yes, Khloe. That is a compliment."

"You have a heart, unlike many other Shadowhunters. You are so very much like your mother."

"Well then help me find her."

"Okay."

***

After Magnus had moved the lair to a more secure location he had warned both Khloe and Clary that the task would not be easy. Magnus gave Izzy the necklace back in return for defending the warlocks.

"Okay so how do w summon the memory demon?" Clary asked impatiently.

"Are you certain?" Magnus asked unsurely.

"Yes!" Khloe and Clary said in sync.

"Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal," Magnus warned further.

"I'll do anything to save my mother." Clary paused and looked at Khloe. "We'll do anything to save our mother."

Khloe nodded in response.

"Okay. Blondie get your team ready." Magnus said.

Jace stood up and began moving only for Magnus to stop him.

"Actually, I was talking to her." Magnus pointed at Khloe. "The strawberry blond."

"Oh," Khloe replied surprised. "Umm, I'll pass. Alec, you do it."

"Vey well." Magnus turned to Alec. "Get your team ready. You two," Magnus pointed at Khloe and then Clary, "Come with me."

The two nodded before following Magnus into a room with folding doors and he began speaking.

"Everyone wants the mortal cup. Don't trust anyone especially not the Clave." Magnus told the two girls.

"Then why should we trust you?" Clary asked.

"You shouldn't." He told the girls. "Only trust yourselves."

He looked at the girls before handing Clary a brown leather case. She opened the case and revealed 12 different delicately shaped chalks.

"These chalks are beautiful. What are they for?" Clary asked gently running her fingers along the tips of each color.

"If a person wants their memories back they must draw a pentagram to summon the demon," Magnus said unrolling a scroll to show the girls they had to draw.

"I can walk you both through it if needed." He offered.

Khloe and Clary looked at each other making a decision whether they needed him or not.

"We got this." Khloe smiled kindly at Magnus.

"Very well." Magnus turned to the entrance of the room and called Alec and Jace in. "Shadowhunters. Prepare them."

Jace walked over to Clary and Alec walked to Khloe and pulled out his stele.

"I wish I could say this is gonna tickle," Alec told Khloe. "This rune is more powerful than any other rune you've had before so it will hurt more than any other rune you've had before." He said looking into her eyes for any sign of hesitation.

"Lovely." She took a deep breath. "Okay do it." She nodded reassuring Alec.

He stepped behind Khloe and moved her hair away from her upper arm and his stele hovered over her skin. Then he began drawing in the rune into her skin and a burning pain passed through Khloe and her free hand flew to her mouth to block any noise and she bit her tongue trying desperately not to scream. Unlike Clary who was busy screaming her lungs out.

***

Once the runes had been burned into Khloe's skin she and Clary had begun drawing the pentagram and the surrounding decorations.

Clary did most of the work while Khloe helped by handing her the colors and coloring in. Because let's face it, Khloe couldn't draw.

As the two were finishing up minor details when the other Shadowhunters walked in.

"Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare," Magnus told the girls.

"I don't know about that," Clary replied.

"Well, I'll take a compliment of my crappy drawing skills any day." Khloe smiled at Magnus.

"Oh, the only other person I know who could draw this well was Michelangelo. Who was excellent in bed, I might add." He said causing Khloe to frown and tilt her head to the side slightly.

"Okay!" Magnus said changing the subject and walking around to the opposite side of the pentagram. "We're ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram."

(OKAY SO I KNOW THERES ONLY 5 PLACES ON THE PENTAGRAM AND THERES 6 PEOPLE BUT SHHHH... THIS IS FANFICTION)

Everyone stepped onto the pentagram. Khloe stood in between Alec and Magnus. Magnus began going through what would happen once everyone had taken their place on the pentagram.

"We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. Magnus warned looking at everyone. "No matter what happens, we must not let go of each other's hands." He warned further before reaching his hand out to Khloe.

Khloe hesitated at first but reached out to grab his hand. At first, nothing happened. Then she felt a rush of magic going through her surprising her a little. Once she got over the slightly tingling feeling in her body she held her hand out for Alec to take.

Alec reached out and took Khloe's hand his fingers wrapping around hers. She felt the magic flow through her and into him. After a moment Alec reached out for Jace to grab his hand and Jace did the same all the way around to Izzy.

When Clary held her hand out for Izzy to grab it she looked at it for a moment before saying, "You guys are pathetic." She grabbed Clary's hand letting the magic flow through her and then she reached over and took Magnus' hand completing the circle.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demons name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for both Clary's and Khloe's memories." Magnus told everyone.

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" Jace asked.

"We will see." He replied.

Alec and Khloe exchanged glances as Magnus began speaking Chthonian.

"The necklace, it's pulsing," Izzy said looking down at the ruby red light emitting from the necklace.

"Good to know it works." Khloe let out a shaky breath just as the wind began to rush and the demon flew down from above them in a cloud of gray smoke it landed in the middle of everyone.

The demon growled loudly as Magnus spoke, "Valak is among us. Do not break the bond. It is time! The demon demands payment."

The wind blew stronger trying to force everyone apart as the demon growled loudly. "What does it want?" Alec asked.

"We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love most," Magnus responded.

The second Magnus stopped speaking a memory was pulled from Izzy and entered the circle. It lingered in the air long enough for everyone to see it was Alec sitting with his bow and laughing at something someone must have said.

Khloe smiled lightly at Izzy's memory before it was pulled away. Next Clary gasped as a memory of her was pulled out and lingered in the air.

Khloe cringed when she saw the memory was of Khloe pulling a funny face before laughing.

"Really." Khloe cringed looking at Clary who shrugged with a smile on her face.

Next was Khloe. She began thinking of all the fun times she and Clary had together. Maybe even some with her mother. But what was taken from her was not her mother nor was it her sister. It was Grace.

"No," Khloe whispered immediately. "No I-I," Khloe stammered as her favorite memory of Grace and her remained in the air.

"Khloe you have to let go," Clary called back seeing the horror on her sisters face.

"No! I can't!" Her grip on alec and Magnus' hands loosened and Magnus called out, "Do not break the bond!"

"I can't! I'm sorry." Khloe replied as her hand slipped out of Alec's and fell from Magnus'.

The demon spun out of control sending everyone flying across the room.

Khloe's back hit the wall and she sighed in relief when she still had the memory. Her hands were shaking at the thought of losing Grace. She would rather die than lose Grace.

Khloe finally came back to reality when the demon was slain and everyone let out breaths of relief.

Khloe stared at the ground where the demon once was as tear brimmed her eyes and sadness overflowed. A tear fell down her cheek as she squeezed her eye shut to keep the rest held back.

She looked up at her friends and family and guilt passed through her.

Jace laid on the ground unresponsive as everyone circled around him.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Clary asked looking up at Magnus.

"I dunno. Does he normally lay on the ground without moving?" Magnus said casually.

Everyone sighed in relief when Jace gasped and began coughing.

It was all too much. The guilt and the pain of almost losing Grace and Jace clouded around Khloe and she let another tear fall.

Once she knew Jace was okay she met eyes with Alec. He stood from Jace's side and began walking towards Khloe.

Her breathing picked up and she looked at the door.

She quickly walking out of the room before anyone could question her. She ran through Magnus' lair hoping to make it out before anyone caught up.

She was almost out of the door when she heard Alec call her name. But she didn't stop. She kept going until he gently grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him.

"Hey, Khloe it's okay." Alec comforted the girl.

She tried to stop herself from crying but she couldn't. She threw her arms around Alec as she cried.

He took a moment but he wrapped his arms around the smaller more fragile girl and softly whispered. "It's okay. You're okay."

"Alec, I;m so sorry." The girl sobbed.

"Don't be. It's hard to let go of a friend. I understand that. But-"

"No Alec you don't understand." Khloe cried.

"Then help me," Alec said pulling away slightly to look at the girls face. "Khloe I'll always be there for you."

She took a deep breath looking up into Alec's eyes sniffling.

"She-She was my first..." Khloe sobbed as she tried to force the words out. "She was my first girlfriend. I loved her. And she left me."

Khloe buried her head in Alec's chest as a fresh set of tears began rolling down her cheeks smudging her makeup. Alec pulled the girl closer placing his chin on top of her head as he comforted her.

***

The two girls laughed as the flopped down on Khloe's bed dropping their bags to the side. Khloe gently placed her camera in between her and Grace.

"So," Khloe said propping her head up on her arm to face Grace.

"So," Grace responded doing the same.

Khloe laughed gently as she watched Grace.

Grace put on the most girl voice she possibly could as she began speaking. "So I was thinking we could do our nails and makeup, maybe even put the notebook on as we cry over boys and talk about Becky."

Khloe laughed before gasping, "Oh my gosh Becky is such a bitch! like with a capital b."

"I know right?" Grace giggled. "But for real. How's Max? Are you two dating yet." Grace asked.

"Oh my god!" Khloe laughed as she lifted her foot and used it to push Grace off the bed.

Grace laughed loudly as she fell on the ground and Khloe chanted, "Sucess!"

"If I go down!" Grace said grabbing Khloe foot that was hanging off the end of the bed, "So do you!"

Grace tugged on Khloe's foot. When Khloe realized what Grace was trying to do her eyes widened and she tried to grab anything that she could to keep her up. Unfortunately when she grabbed her camera. She dragged that down with her.

Khloe landed on Grace and Grace groaned slightly and Khloe rolled off her while laughing. "That's your own fault," Khloe responded as she calmed down her laughter.

"Yeah, I'll take fault for that one."

"Damn right you will," Khloe responded before rolling onto her side once again the face Grace.

Grace looked at Khloe with a smile on her lips before once again doing that same as Khloe.

"So," They both said in sync before giggling.

As Khloe watched Grace smile she felt butterfly's in her stomach and joy take over her senses. Khloe loved Grace. She'd know that for a long time. And she Khloe eyes fell down to Graces lips all she could think about was how much she wanted to desperately wanted to kiss her.

But Khloe was so scared of rejection. Both girls knew that. They knew Khloe would never make the first move.

So Grace did.

Grace leaned over closer to Khloe and pressed her lips against Khloe slowly. And when she did Khloe couldn't have been happier.

But happiness doesn't last forever.

***

Hello! Okay, so let's start off by saying thank you so much for 1.9k!!! oh, my gosh thank you so much!!! Okay I know it's been a while since I last updated but since school has gone back I've been a lot busier. I will try to update more.

But now you finally know about Khloe and Grace's relationship. There's still a lot more coming so please don't forget to leave a like and a comment on what you liked and what you would like the see and what you think will happen.

Also, I need some ship names for Khloe and Alec! I've got a few so far: Khlec, Khalec and Khloalec.

Once again thank you guys so much for the 1.9k reads it means so much! Sorry for the mistakes that I haven't fixed and there are a few parts that I rushed through, I'll try to get better on that in the next chapter!

Anyway, thank you guys so much I love you all heaps!!!

[UNEDITED]

Word Count: 7623

-SparklyAura

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 6.9K 72
Persephone: Greek Goddess of persuasion and seduction Shadowhunters Season 1-? Jace Wayland x OC Started: April 15th 2022 Finished: ... Season 1 ✅...
84.6K 2K 14
❛ i'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, stand here until i fill all your heart's desires. ❜ [isabelle lightwood x female oc] [shadowhunters] [se...
382K 11K 200
In which I write short gif imagines for the shadowhunters characters. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝
134K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...